Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
It's easy to forget about Flip-Flop, seeing as he was introduced a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Axiem posted:

It's easy to forget about Flip-Flop, seeing as he was introduced a year ago.

It was half a year ago, you liar. http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-171

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I guess the teacher's turning around, so she could flip-flop her back around again to buy a couple more seconds to escape. Assuming the power has good axis control and she doesn't just end up on her head.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

She will be unable to turn around, because Flip-Flop's powers are not affected by relation to an X or Y axis.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flip flop will flip her view by twisting her head 180 degrees. Paranatural is going to have its first ghost murder and first big twist in the story. Next chapter will be Spender trying to cover up the murder while the kids deal with PTSD.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Flip flop will flip her view by twisting her head 180 degrees. Paranatural is going to have its first ghost murder and first big twist in the story. Next chapter will be Spender trying to cover up the murder while the kids deal with PTSD.

D-DO OVER

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

While probably not here, I am now fully expecting a flip-flop neck snap at some point. Or possibly to keep things friendly they'll try it on an owl-based spirit and he'll be fine.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Well that's a clever way to use the bat.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
gently caress i realized something on my way home

garcia's drinking orange juice and one of the things they said could make you a spectral was a diet high in citrus

gently caress

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i can't actually tell what's happening with Isabel.

like i can see that she's Flipping but i'm not sure what's actually flipping or how

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i can't actually tell what's happening with Isabel.

like i can see that she's Flipping but i'm not sure what's actually flipping or how

She flipped herself to the other side of the door so it now looks like she was trying to sneak in instead of trying to sneak out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

President Ark posted:

garcia's drinking orange juice and one of the things they said could make you a spectral was a diet high in citrus

gently caress

:eyepoop:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Gonna put money on 'slamming hi-c' being specifically the Cousinhood's MO.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

RandallODim posted:

Gonna put money on 'slamming hi-c' being specifically the Cousinhood's MO.

Oh yah...Garcia might not be Hijack, but he might be a member of that other wierd spectral organization we know nothing about. I'd forgotten about that.

....I'm going to die before seeing the end of this comic aren't I.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Drunk Theory posted:

Oh yah...Garcia might not be Hijack, but he might be a member of that other wierd spectral organization we know nothing about. I'd forgotten about that.

....I'm going to die before seeing the end of this comic aren't I.

It's about the journey, not the destination.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update: Everyone is cool except Isaac.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I have zero complaints for the first time in a long time. That was a good page that progressed a lot without chewing any fat. Rad as hell to see Flip Flop and Max getting creative in their respective confrontations, too.

Garcia remains low key the best.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

President Ark posted:

gently caress
Not just high, obnoxiously high. Dude's probably pounding down OJ 24/7.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think anyone else is in the hallway with Max, wondering what the hell he's doing?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The friendship fusion...!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tar_Squid posted:

She flipped herself to the other side of the door so it now looks like she was trying to sneak in instead of trying to sneak out.

I assumed it was so that she wouldn't be visible at all, being as she was now on the other side of the door.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I can't believe Ed just killed a man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Next chapter: Ed gets expelled.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Best burn on Spender so far.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A link to the update.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh. wait. If Mr Garcia does in fact work for the Cousinhood, then Isaac will have no second thoughts on joining in. I mean the Consortium banned him for life and they won't tell him why, and he'll definately see it as a way to get back and Spender and Max.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the awesome, dynamic cross-action scene in the top panel, then down in the middle Garcia just splashing the rest of his juice in Isaac's face. What a dick.

Also Baxter's line in the last panel is great.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
:10bux: says Garcia's next line is some variation on "you're clearly down with weird stuff so tell me what the gently caress is up with all these ghosts" and it turns out he's not in with anyone, he's just some rube who drank way too much OJ

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh no... isaac is going to join the cousinhood...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
anyone watching Max right now is probably very confused

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah, they're thinking, "why am i watching Max and not watching isaac's slide into evil and betrayal"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So Ed is the one facing Hijack (on Starchman). Hijack will lose and attempt to jump on johnny and get murdered by Forge. Starchman, back to. Ronal, will ask what was that and Ed will say CGI again. Starchman goes ok and goes to class.

Ed becomes bully supreme and is next chapter's villain.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't know, Garcia's face is very Hijack-esque.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

flatluigi posted:

I don't know, Garcia's face is very Hijack-esque.

Yeah, I thought one alternative to this being the reveal that Garcia knows the score on ghosts is that he's Hijacked, which would account for his actions as well. Possibly that's what we're supposed to think is going on, and the reveal is meant to be that actually he's in control and knows about ghosts? Hard to get a clear read.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
PJ still doesn't understand fistbumps

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I love how all the stars are Starchman Stars.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Podima posted:

I love how all the stars are Starchman Stars.

I like how the star explosion is GIS results.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A bit more meta than the usual gags, but I can dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kikas posted:

Huh. wait. If Mr Garcia does in fact work for the Cousinhood, then Isaac will have no second thoughts on joining in. I mean the Consortium banned him for life and they won't tell him why, and he'll definately see it as a way to get back and Spender and Max.
They don't seem like the type that would recruit literal children teenagers to join their ranks, although I could seem a future plot thread where Isaac is made to spy/sabotage the Consortium in exchange for the information he's not getting.