Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Who would even bother doing a gimmick fake Andris Biedrins twitter account? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If we're posting hypothetical rule changes, I want the NBA (and all sports tbf) to move to on-the-fly hockey-style substitutions

that would rule

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"the Clippers renounced the rights to Hedo Turkologu, Ekpe Udoh, Baby Davis, Ayres, Anderson, Bass, JJ"

I forgot like half of these died as a clipper

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/885216689608118272

https://youtu.be/U7rPIg7ZNQ8

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can honestly say that the happiest I've been, as Knicks fan in recent memory, is getting Carmelo Anthony off my team.

:cheers: gently caress off Melo! :cheers:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Anderson has to be coming back

Anderson/ Porkchops front court entices me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Anderson plus those expiring deals gets it done right ?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

from other reports it sounds likely anderson is going to a 3rd team

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Anderson to Portland and Turner and Leonard elsewhere please

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Anderson to Portland and Turner and Leonard elsewhere please

Lol that's not going to happen.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Anderson next to Lillard and Mccollum would be so disastrously bad on defense

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Sheriff posted:

I appreciate your rosy optimism, but we the fans shouldn't be making excuses for management being behind the curve.

Lol, what is this? Myers will win Executive of the Year again if the dubs win it all.

He turned Ian Clark into Young, Matt Barnes into Omri Caspi and McAdoo into Jordan Bell. That's three great upgrades to the bench.

e: I guess I should finish the thread before posting but I'll just leave this all here.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 12, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ryan Anderson to Hell.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/885237609894735872

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Who would even bother doing a gimmick fake Andris Biedrins twitter account? Why?

Some guy has run a fake account as old fyad poster Ingwit for like 7 years, people just do poo poo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Can we get NBA on NBC back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tough because Friday night is big

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

If Ariza or Capela are outgoing then I'm going to be pissed otherwise I'll hope for the best

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I really hope the schedule makers don't repeat that dumb "have every team play each other 4 times in a span of a month" thing like last season.

It got really stupid towards the end.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intruder posted:

If Ariza or Capela are outgoing then I'm going to be pissed otherwise I'll hope for the best

There is no way in my opinion

Ariza landed cp and capela is a perfect 5

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

ariza isnt going anywhere. I'd be shocked and furious if capela was included.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Can we get NBA on NBC back

I'd settle for mandating the NBC intro music being mandatory for all NBA broadcasts regardless of channel.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

I really hope the schedule makers don't repeat that dumb "have every team play each other 4 times in a span of a month" thing like last season.

It got really stupid towards the end.

It was nice of the computer to give the Warriors the first 3 months of the season without playing more than 5 teams with a winning record.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

It was nice of the computer to give the Warriors the first 3 months of the season without playing more than 5 teams with a winning record.

Is that old couple not doing it anymore?

Edit: nevermind, I apparently conflated two different stories I read.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

morestuff posted:

Is that old couple not doing it anymore?

They retired a couple years ago. The weird schedule we had this last season was under the new regime.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
boo tricked.

Femur fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 12, 2017

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Femur posted:

Morey did it, got Melo and got rid of Ryan anderson

Oh yeah?

edit: the tea leaves suggest that is the case anyway. I just hope Anderson isn't NY bound.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

zoux posted:

I'd settle for mandating the NBC intro music being mandatory for all NBA broadcasts regardless of channel.

Tesh offered it to ABC/ESPN and they turned him down! It's so infuriating. Now we have to wait for the dang Olympics while stuck with the ESPN NBA theme that I could not hum a single note off despite presumably hearing it like 8 million times

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

zoux posted:

Ryan Anderson to Hell.

Doubt Utah has the cap space

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MourningView posted:

Tesh offered it to ABC/ESPN and they turned him down! It's so infuriating. Now we have to wait for the dang Olympics while stuck with the ESPN NBA theme that I could not hum a single note off despite presumably hearing it like 8 million times

Aw man I wish I didn't know that, it makes it so much worse.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Olympics are great because I get to hear the Brisco County Jr. and Roundball Rock themes on TV again

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Away all Goats posted:

Anderson next to Lillard and Mccollum would be so disastrously bad on defense

For what it's worth, people said the same thing about him playing with Harden, and while they weren't exactly wrong, their bad defense wasn't enough to stop the Rockets from shooting up to the 3rd seed on the strength of their offense. I think something similar would happen with the Blazers, they'd definitely lose some games on their bad defense, but they'd also regularly blow teams out of the arena with the incredible shooting a Lillard/McCollum/Crabbe/Anderson/Nurkic lineup would have. At the very least, I think it would move them from the scrum of teams fighting for 7-8 seeds to a comfortable place in the middle of the Western Conference seeds.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If we're posting hypothetical rule changes, I want the NBA (and all sports tbf) to move to on-the-fly hockey-style substitutions

that would rule

IMAGINE LEBRON COMING FROM OUT OF BOUNDS FOR THE BLOCK

In this video both teams are the Knicks, but then neither team is the Knicks because it's a playoff game

RCarr posted:

I can honestly say that the happiest I've been, as Knicks fan in recent memory, is getting Carmelo Anthony off my team.

:cheers: gently caress off Melo! :cheers:

98% This. 99% This. Dangerous levels of This. Our This reactor is critically compromised. We cannot sustain such high levels of This and I disagree completely, can't believe we're letting go of Melo

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Man, I hate the Gay signing.

I hate it and I forget he tore his achilles.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
*knicks fans six years ago* weird that Denver fans are happy he's gone. They're just dumb and don't appreciate his game. Not like us, True Basketball Fans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I may want capela

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Anderson's contract is huge and not good but hes probably become undervalued now in reaction, he is still a really useful player who would help a lot of teams (including Houston if he stayed!).

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

EvanTH posted:

IMAGINE LEBRON COMING FROM OUT OF BOUNDS FOR THE BLOCK

In this video both teams are the Knicks, but then neither team is the Knicks because it's a playoff game

98% This. 99% This. Dangerous levels of This. Our This reactor is critically compromised. We cannot sustain such high levels of This and I disagree completely, can't believe we're letting go of Melo

Two yard line? Better hope Morey doesn't pass it when he should run it in!

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 12, 2017

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Melo on any other team but the Knicks is good for basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

pubic works project posted:

Two yard line? Better hope Morey doesn't pass it when he should run it in?

After 10,000,0000,000000,00,00,,,000 paragraphs of reading about it, I'm convinced it was an okay play call to throw it. The real mistake was throwing an interception.

• Locked thread