Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

sounds like the next step is zombie drugs imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is how my wife's senior great grandmother talks

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/885131482397908992

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
loving Jim Miller

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lol florida is gonna entirely drown over the next few decades. Suck it floridailures

It's too bad for the minority of cool floridians, but at least they're probably smart enough to hold their breath when the water gets above their head, and then they can rule over the floating ruins, waterworld style. They could even sell MAGAite corpses to commandant zuck's soylent factory ship (it comes by every 9/11 because hold-out MAGAite survivors invariably emerge on that date to salute america, and then fall in the water and drown, providing extra corpses)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kaleedity posted:

twitter is an excellent medium and has no problems

SA has its flaws, but I like it way better than reddit or twitter for the reason that if you disagree with someone on SA they still have to read your dumb post or at least ignore you and scroll past your blocked posts every time. (Which they always have to spend time to click on and read anyway).

disagree on reddit? well its at the bottom and hidden and nobody will ever see it
twitter? its just a cesspit of bots jerking each other off and people trying to talk about important issues in a tiny amount of space. and then everyone getting offended at each other for not capturing the important essence of the issue in 140 characters or less

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I typed senile

phone later senior idk

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Read Gene Wolfe if you haven't yet, The Fifth Head of Cerberus in particular is incredible.

I've got a huge though thankfully finally diminishing backlog of fiction that I didn't get to read during grad school, so uuh that might be a while.

quote:

The TSR novels were written from the perspective that their audience would age out every four years and be completely replaced, so it's excusable that they basically republished the same poo poo over and over I guess.

I will never forgive Salvatore for killing Chewy, even if it isn't canon anymore. :colbert:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder what Twitter would be like if the character limit was like 300 or something

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eonwe posted:

SA has its flaws, but I like it way better than reddit or twitter for the reason that if you disagree with someone on SA they still have to read your dumb post or at least ignore you and scroll past your blocked posts every time. (Which they always have to spend time to click on and read anyway).

disagree on reddit? well its at the bottom and hidden and nobody will ever see it
twitter? its just a cesspit of bots jerking each other off and people trying to talk about important issues in a tiny amount of space. and then everyone getting offended at each other for not capturing the important essence of the issue in 140 characters or less

I was banned from Reddit for saying that ranch on pizza is disgusting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

unblocking people and coming to terms with their posts has made me a better person

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

sandoz posted:

the use of cuck in this thread, ironic or not, really loving grosses me out

thanks 4 reading

I think it's tolerable as long as we don't start using "based" and "btfo" like channers. Once that catches on, close the forums, imo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

nothingburger word filtered to SURPRISE IN MY rear end in a top hat

this is such a SURPRISE IN MY rear end in a top hat like everything else

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

unblocking people and coming to terms with their posts has made me a better person

after nov 9 i cleared out my ignore list bc wtf is the point anymore

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

eonwe posted:

to receive an emptyquote is so much more filling, rewarding, than a simple retweet or upvote. those may give you a brief rush but a string of empty quotes, a man can live on empty quotes.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/patriothole/status/885238954303393794

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

So how long ago was this deal brokered by Obama?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I still have one guy from dad chat blocked

the real broke brain guy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"my dick cures disease"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

NofrikinfuN posted:

I think it's tolerable as long as we don't start using "based" and "btfo" like channers. Once that catches on, close the forums, imo.

Time was, failure to punctuate appropriately and use of AOL-speak (forerunner of how channer miscommunicate these days) were bannable offenses on these here forums. :corsair:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
did we really word filter nothingburger to SURPRISE IN MY rear end in a top hat

edit: gently caress we didnt

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think tweeting this was very smart of Jason Chaffetz.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

So how long ago was this deal brokered by Obama?

last july or something

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

orbworld 1.001x: all social media has been removed and replaced with youtube comments

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They get a lot better once Jordan died, seriously. I mean, maybe not enough to justify reading them all if you haven't already, but it's startling how much better an author Sanderson is.

that's cause sanderson loving owns

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

did we really word filter nothingburger to SURPRISE IN MY rear end in a top hat

edit: gently caress we didnt

brb, making a request in the admin thread.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

I still have one guy from dad chat blocked

the real broke brain guy

gonna need to be more specific

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Agean90 posted:

looking forward to it "accedentaly" altering gametes so people have to pay a monthly usage fee if they have kids with the anti-leukemia trait

euphronius posted:

there is no way this doesn't lead to mutants

This is why we can't have nice things. Read the article.

quote:

The treatment requires removing millions of a patient’s T-cells — a type of white blood cell — and genetically engineering them to kill cancer cells. The technique employs a disabled form of H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS, to carry new genetic material into the T-cells to reprogram them. The process turbocharges the T-cells to attack B-cells, a normal part of the immune system that turn malignant in leukemia. The T-cells home in on a protein called CD-19 that is found on the surface of most B-cells.

The altered T-cells — called chimeric antigen receptor cells — are then dripped back into the patient’s veins, where they multiply and start fighting the cancer.

There's no mass-rewriting of a person's genome. It's basically sending out a sample of your immune cells to be rewritten to kill a different class of immune cells that are proliferating out of control.

Chemotherapy is barbaric and anything moving us away from the "kill cancer slightly faster than you kill the patient" model is great.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

brb, making a request in the admin thread.

filter trump to jeb! and vice versa

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I have zero people blocked because every goon needs to be heard

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Trump is a senior citizen as well

Think someone can trick Trump into doing the Alzheimer's sniff test?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I don't think tweeting this was very smart of Jason Chaffetz.

he quit congress to spend more time with his family at fox news. he doesnt give a gently caress and nor should he tbh

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

sounds like a cuck thing to say, and i know because i'm a cuck

JEB!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

I was banned from Reddit for saying that ranch on pizza is disgusting.

Lol i got banned from the SF reddit for calling a dude a dumbass, after he said unions and poor people are the devil

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zen death robot posted:

AIDS is good now.?!

High Quality AIDS

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

Lol i got banned from the SF reddit for calling a dude a dumbass, after he said unions and poor people are the devil

What kind of people even inhabit the subreddits for cities? I'm gonna assume the worst.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

reddit is stupid but i will never get tired of the ridiculous drama that the mods get into over there, especially with the mods of the donald trump subreddit fleecing the users

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

TwoStepBoog posted:

I have zero people blocked because every goon needs to be heard

I have no one ignored because I may need to ridicule someone at a moments notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

euphronius posted:

there is no way this doesn't lead to mutants

I'm p sure this is the plot of I am legend

• Locked thread