Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah she hosed up hard but man that relationship didn't have much of a chance.

Can't argue with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

If there's one day that my future wife is not allowed to cuck me on it's our wedding day:colbert:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Me [25M], white American guy, with Japanese woman I met in Tokyo [33F]. I went back to America and she seems to be obsessed / keeps emailing me. Wondering how to let her down easyDating

My [28] Japanese girlfriend [35] of 1 year thinks unprotected sex is the only sex that feels good and wants to do it on "safe days"Relationships

usually the "but it doesn't feeeeel good" bareback request is coming from the guy so this is a novel one

I believe in Japan these women are referred to as Christmas Cakes

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

If there's one day that my future wife is not allowed to cuck me on it's our wedding day:colbert:

Ultimatims are the tool of abusers.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

MF_James posted:

You could argue that once Hitler broke the cease fire with Russia it was over, but I'd prefer to give them benefit of the doubt (so to speak) that they COULD have succeeded in Russia despite everything showing they couldn't.

Leaving Germany with winter coats might have been a good start. Russia is hardly unconquerable, and winter is a decent time to mount an attack, due to the mud seasons. Russia just happened to be politically united and fanatically zealous about defense and denying assets to the enemy at the time.

It also didn't help that German command on the Eastern Front was a clusterfuck of micromanagement from the top and constant in-fighting between Armies North, Center and South.

It was a lot like your typical poly relationship, actually.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I believe in Japan these women are referred to as Christmas Cakes

as someone who cares nothing for japan, what does this mean?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I think we should explore other fronts

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

They're 26 or older (past the 25th) and nobody wants stale, old cake.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the Japanese are very strange

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

once a single woman turns 26 she is worthless, like a fruitcake the day after Christmas

obviously this is a super hosed up thing to refer to people as but I'm saying that attitude probably broke their brains

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

No one wants to bit a Christmas cake after Dec 25th. No Japanese man wants a woman after she's 25.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

It's basically what incels would call "the wall" here.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I think we should explore other fronts

Like Finland, or dom/sub?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pvt.Scott posted:

Like Finland, or dom/sub?

The finns were terrible subs tryna top from the bottom.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ArbitraryC posted:

It's basically what incels would call "the wall" here.

Except incels believe that a woman becomes a "roastie" by like age 16, somehow managing to outweird Japan on this one

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BERTH ELL PUP

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, thats three stories from Japanese women who want to lock a man down right now for various reasons. Note even though these women may be crazed, importing a weeaboo is never on the table.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Except incels believe that a woman becomes a "roastie" by like age 16, somehow managing to outweird Japan on this one

I feel like it's closer to 30 over here but tbh I don't really follow our incel threads.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ride The Gravitron posted:

No Japanese man wants a woman after she's 25.
I volunteer to take all the 26 year old Japanese girls off their hands and also heavily contribute to alleviating their negative population trend. :quagmire:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also at the birth of their child, but that's a matter of practicality I think.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Our child. The birth of our child.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

I volunteer to take all the 26 year old Japanese girls off their hands and also heavily contribute to alleviating their negative population trend. :quagmire:

oh for a monkey's paw

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

Like a baby bird handled by humans, a half Japanese person cant be accepted back into the nest.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Kind of a boring and long read, basically older male friend that seemed like just a friend immediately swoops in when her bf is out of the picture, but the reddit discussion makes it more funny

Me [26F] and my creepy neighbor [48M]Non-Romantic

quote:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if you know of a better subreddit, please let me know.

So I've been living in my condo for going on two years now. I live on the end unit of a long building, which is located in a cul-de-sac. There is another long building to the left of mine, as well as one to the right. Each building has 10-12 units.
So the building to my left is full of some interesting characters (a man with no legs, an eccentric family of 9 that somehow all live in a 2-bedroom, and a small Asian lady with a Chihuahua named GiGi).

Anyways, in this building, 4 doors down, is a man named Tom. I met Tom through his daughter (23, her name is Sam) one day while I was out playing fetch with my dog. His daughter also has a dog, and after meeting, Sam and I introduced our dogs to each other so they could have play dates and chase each other around.

I met Sam about 6 months ago, and she informed me that she was there to visit her father, whom I've never met. I was happy about making a friend, because I had a roommate (27F) at the time whom I really didn't get along with. My roommate was a homebody, pretty messy, and would often be angry if I had guests over, so I spent most of my time outside to avoid her.

About a month after meeting Sam, Tom finally emerges from his apartment to meet me and my dog. He was very friendly, and we made small talk about my front flowerbeds and my garden in the back. He also enjoys gardening, and offered to lend me garden tools if I ever needed any.

So after several weeks of us waving to each other in the parking lot before/after work, and the occasional event where he would see my dog outside and bring my dog a treat, I really didn't find Tom abnormal or creepy, maybe just shy.
One afternoon, however, my boyfriend at the time met Tom, and they got along great. Tom invited BF and myself over for a few beers one night, and while I wasn't fully comfortable about going into a stranger's house, I obliged, because, well, BF was with me.

Everything went fine, I got to know him more, and we started hanging out with Tom several nights a week, all drinking beer, watching TV, ordering pizza, and Tom and BF sharing a bowl. Sometimes I would bring food over and cook at Tom's house while him and BF smoked, and other times, he would prepare dinner for us. We never went to my house, because my roommate was unpleasant, plus I wouldn't allow them to smoke inside my place, 1.) because I don't really care for the smell, and 2.) it was unfair to my roommate, regardless of how much I disliked her. Tom was always fun to talk to, and we always discussed current events, history, our favorite things, and wild stories from our youth. Tom went to the same college as I did, so we often swapped stories about how the university had changed from the time he graduated to the time I had. We all swapped phone numbers in the event of an emergency, and got along great.

So this goes on for a while, my roommate moves out, then things kind of go south with my boyfriend. In a complicated event, my boyfriend ended up being arrested right in front of my condo, for the whole neighborhood, including Tom, to see.
About an hour after the police pull away, now ex-boyfriend in tow, Tom texts me and asks if I'm okay, and invites me over for a beer if I want to talk about it.

I declined that night, I was upset, but a few days later I went over to his place and we just kinda shot-the-poo poo. It took the recent events off my mind, and made me feel better.

Now, 3 months after the arrest, Tom is becoming pretty clingy. He knows I work two jobs (one full-time, your typical 9-5ish Mon-Fri, and the other is a part-time serving job, which my schedule is different every week). Often times I work both jobs in one day, and get home very late, resulting in the following evening of me just wanting to veg out and sleep instead of being social.

I feel like Tom is being too intrusive in my life at this point. He texts me several times a week, asking which nights I'm off work, inviting me over for beers, to play darts, etc. I always express my interest, but give him the "I close tonight and tomorrow night, and the following night I'll be dead to the world, but maybe Friday night we can do something," answers, which are true, and when Friday does roll around, I either let him know that something has come up (if it has), or let him know I'm too tired.

Lately, however, he's getting pushy, and is not taking "no" for an answer. He invited me out to a restaurant last week, and I felt really uncomfortable about it. Something about a 26F and a 48M out to dinner doesn't tickle my fancy. Luckily, I was shanghaied into dog sitting for my parents that week, and had a viable excuse for not going.

Tom has been noticing when my car is at home or not, and if it is, he comes and knocks in my door when I don't respond to texts. More than once in the last week I've hidden in my apartment, waiting for him to leave, then telling him I had to work and a friend picked me up, which is why my car was still there.

Last night, I intentionally parked my car far away from my apartment in hopes that he would think I wasn't home. He still came and knocked on my door.

I don't know how to let him know that while I enjoy his friendship, I also enjoy my few nights off work to myself. I have tried expressing that I am too tired to hang out, but he doesn't seem to understand. Also, how do I let him know I'm creeped out about a dinner date without sounding rude?

I really am busy a lot, 40 hours at my regular job and 20-30 a week at my other job, and the one or two nights I have off, I really do just want to lay around in my underwear, curtains drawn, watching Big Bang Theory and cuddling my dog.
But at the same time, on nights I don't feel so tired, it's nice to be able to go hang out with him instead of spending money and going out on the town with other friends.

Any advice?

TL;DR - My neighbor [48M] is starting to become too intrusive in my [26F] life, and while I don't want to completely shut him out, I do want him to back off. I'm not sure of a nice way of saying this, without sounding rude, or without making things awkward.

EDIT 1: As it's hard to address every comment slamming me about calling him "creepy," here;s my general response to my poor use of the word, and apologies:
I never meant to upset anyone by saying he is "creepy," it's just the notion of me walking in my door and 30 seconds later hearing a "knock-knock-knock" has me uncomfortable. I feel like he sits by his window, waiting for me to pull up, then runs over as soon as I get inside. THAT is a creepy feeling.

EDIT 2:
I was always raised as "no" being more of a command, with a negative stigma attached to it. I have also been on the other end of a "no, I don't want to hang out with you," and no matter how sweetly or innocently it was put, it still hurt my feelings and I was put off by it.
I am more upset about the bit where he just comes a knockin' all the time. I did have a conversation with him about how when I get home, I just want to relax and enjoy the apartment to myself since roommate moved out. He even agreed with me that I need to enjoy myself more. Yet then he comes knocking...
I don't mind a night a week or every two weeks of hanging out, his daughter is often there too, but I feel like every single night there is an invitation and I'm having a hard time saying "no" to one without making it sound like I'm not interested in any. So instead, I find myself rolling over and refraining from saying "no," for fear it might make the situation worse.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

Like a baby bird handled by humans, a half Japanese person cant be accepted back into the nest.

This is only slightly a joke.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My sister [33] and her husband [34] want to sell my deceased mother's heirloom engagement ring to buy furniture and a car, and refuse to sell it to me [38M] so that I can give it to my wife [35]Personal issues

quote:

My mom died ten years ago at age sixty four after a long battle with bone cancer. My father had passed away several years before of a heart attack; he was considerably older than my mother. He was a banker and had left my mother in a decent position financially.
I was dating my future wife seriously at the time of my mom's death. I am now a general practitioner and my wife is a licensed vocational nurse, but at the time both of us were still in school and working odd jobs. I was nearly done with med school and about to go into residency. I was also taking care of my mom by having her live with me in my apartment. She had sold her house to help pay her medial bills. It was okay; I had a large apartment and there was room.
It helped that wife and I both have medical training. Future-wife shared the apartment with me. We live in a small, two bedroom starter home these days.
My younger sister, who is an aspiring actress and current homemaker though she went to school (at mom's expense) for a degree in philosophy, lived with her boyfriend at the time and didn't really participate in our lives. She was kind of "too cool" for us. I knew that for a long period she pretended she wasn't related to any of us at all so that she could fake telling everyone she was French-Canadian in order to appear more exotic. She didn't take her scam far enough to actually learn the language, interestingly.
At any rate, when my mom started to really decline, she had serious talks with me about her will. She knew and really liked my future wife, and she knew we were engaged. My mom didn't have much in the way of money and assets: all told, she was worth about a hundred thousand dollars.
Except, she had a Victorian-era engagement ring that my dad gave her when they were engaged in the 1960s. My dad got it from his mother, who in turn got it from my grandfather who got killed in World War 2 (he died at Dieppe in 1942, serving with the Canadian army). The ring was made in the 1880s and just as diamonds were becoming popular. It had been handed down through my family for generations.
My mother told me it wasn't an especially great diamond, but the age of the ring, the sterling silver and unique design gave it an appraised value of over a hundred thousand dollars. She said that when she died, she wanted me to have it and give it to my wife.
Predictably, when my sister heard our mother was dying and she sniffed an inheritance in the offing, she and her latest boyfriend high-tailed it back to BC to pretend to be concerned. They stayed with various acquaintances a few days at a time while in town, ingratiating themselves to my mother by hanging around my apartment.
My sister was primarily concerned with getting my mother's money. I didn't care one fig for the money, I just loved my mom. I was completely ready to receive nothing in my mom's will.
But when my sister heard about the ring, she became very covetous of it and began telling my mother how much she wanted it. I was disgusted by the whole spectacle.
My sister's argument was that she is the youngest daughter and that it's a woman's ring and "why would you want it; you're a man, and your fiancee isn't a member of this family," blah blah, blah.
I didn't have time for her nonsense because I was too busy caring for our mom.
Well, mom eventually died suddenly and she never did get around to writing a will. So her assets were divided equally. My half was a drop in the bucket against my student loans, but that's where it went! I'm all paid off now, though thank goodness. Wife, too.
Sister squandered hers, unsurprisingly.
She caused so much drama and hate and embarrassment that I just didn't bother arguing with her about the ring. She took it and I was at least glad that it would stay in the family.
The only reason I heard about her plans to sell it were because she messaged me asking how much the ring is worth. So I told her: according to my mom's written appraisal from a large jewelry store, it was worth about one hundred and ten thousand dollars, ten years ago.
She says she wants to sell the engagement ring to buy a new car and furniture and other various baubles that she and her husband (not a college-educated, professional man, but he is a successful manager of a branch of a chain restaurant) want, including a vacation.
I told my sister that it would be a bad move to sell the ring, as it will only appreciate in value as time goes on, and why doesn't she give it to her own child if she has one, years from now. Keep it in the family. And also, to keep it as a last, last resort in a "sell it or we're on the streets" emergency.
But nope! Sister just wants to have a new livingroom set.
I told her to sell the ring to me and I'll give her her frikkin' stupid new living room set and get her a new Audi or whatever the hell she has her mind set on. I want my mom's ring to stay in our family. And I also would want to give it to my wife to give to our own child (4F) when she's older and ready to be married herself.
My sister says there's no way I can give her a hundred and ten thousand dollars even as a doctor, and she's right.
I could scrape together thirty or forty grand in liquid cash right away, but the rest is tied up in annuities and stocks. I don't feel like signing those over.
I think this whole thing is just a play for her to extort money out of me, but I want that ring.
Any advice on what to do here?
tl;dr: sister wants to sell my mom's engagement ring for a vacation, a car, and a couch. I want to buy the ring to keep it in our family. I feel like sister is blackmailing me here.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I was always raised as "no" being more of a command

What the gently caress

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I saw an article the other day saying half of all Japanese people entering their 30s right now have no sexual experience. Jeez Japan, get your poo poo together.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

There was also a term about about denying the Divinity of the emperor that we stuck to and they wouldn't go for, but if memory serves we ended up dropping that one after the fact anyway.

The Emperor was apparently fairly involved with the goings-on of the war, but after america won, they decided that ousting him from power had the "danger" of leaving a power vacuum that a communist party might fill. So they whitewashed his past, denied his divinity, and left him in place as a powerless figurehead.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

My sister [33] and her husband [34] want to sell my deceased mother's heirloom engagement ring to buy furniture and a car, and refuse to sell it to me [38M] so that I can give it to my wife [35]Personal issues

Isn't this one of those situations where the appraisal for insurance purposes is way different than the price you could just sell it for because most people wouldn't want a secondhand wedding ring with a lovely diamond in sterling silver? It's really only valuable within the family.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Oh do I get to break out the :murder: smiley finally?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

what

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That hundred thousand dollar appraisal is insane unless the rock on that ring is like a lost crown jewel or something.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Me [19/F] with my boyfriend [18/M] ~1yr, we connect on many deep levels but the shallow levels are waning my attraction! Help--I feel like a jerk.

quote:

Let me just preface this with saying I'm prepared for some of you to think I'm a cold bitch but if you do, at least explain why and if you think there's anything that can be done to fix it. Also, I'm sorry this is so long. I really, really thank anyone who took the time to read and respond to this.

Backstory: I started dating "Max" when I was a senior and he was a junior in high school. We fell in love hard and fast and were each other's best friends. We have the same music taste and ideas of fun and are both oddballs that feel we're the only ones who understand each other but in the healthy kind of way! We still had plenty of friends on the side. We were dating for 6 months before I had graduated and moved off to a college town (not actually for college--my parents just wanted me out of the house and I couldn't afford the art school of my dreams so I just followed a friend to her college town to make her rent cheaper).

About a month after my move, we severed ties because a LDR didn't seem right for us. After a few months of no-contact we slowly began texting every few weeks about casual stuff. Music and old friends and whatnot. In January he told me he'd be going to college in the same town I'm in--a total shocker for me--and we began to rekindle. We've been in a relationship for the past six months. We were able to do long distance for these past months because we actually had being reunited to look forward to.

In high school I always saw him as extremely mature for his age. Extremely hard-working and dedicated to his studies and creating a great life for himself. I looked up to him then. I am mature for my age in other senses. I've been supporting myself for the better part of the last year and was forced to grow up very quickly in order to do so. I work 50-60 hour weeks surrounded by people 5-13 years older than me and so I tend to act like them because of that. People just meeting me are always shocked to hear my age and tend to guess I'm 23 or something like that.

Our different "types" of maturities have become extremely noticeable since he moved to my town ~a week ago.

* He drinks and drives. He's fresh out of high school and the suburbs and is used to having to sneak everything and drink in his car to have fun behind the backs of parents. I hate this but he's always had this do watcha gotta do attitude and doesn't think anything bad can ever happen to him. Having had my own apartment for over a year, hiding things from parents is a really foreign concept to me.

* Uses drugs--especially psychedelic hallucinogens--to a point that is in my opinion excessive. I feel hypocritical sometimes bringing it up because I had quite the binge period myself on LSD, mushrooms, and MDMA when I first moved out of the house but it ended quickly when I realized that it's no lifestyle for someone trying to support themselves. Also, on my very last bout with MDMA (probably forever), by some freak chance I was nearly arrested but I had merciful officers take pity on me. This has made me really hateful towards the "it could never happen to me"/"I'm careful" attitude. But even though I try to connect with him and offer my real-world experiences of why he should at least CUT BACK on these things, he insists on tripping up to 7 times per month!

* We really differ politically. I don't want to alienate any commenters by delving to deeply into this but I'm very liberal and he is a Libertarian in his head but a registered Republican. He's a tall white male from an upper-middle-class family in a southern suburb. Pretty much the most sheltered and pedestaled breed of human. After my previous year of poverty and engaging with the working class, I can't help but feel disgusted whenever we try and talk.

* He's sort of socially awkward in a way that I'm not sure he even notices. He has a big gang of bros that he's hung out with forever and moved here with a few of them. They're all very "cool" and sort of like him but if he's not a black sheep, he's at least a gray one. He is very up and energetic while his friends are more uh. chill. and sometimes I feel embarrassed to have his arm around me when he randomly tells his friends in a joking tone that he's going to beat them up (he's rather skinny) and laughs to himself about it while his group rolls their eyes. Also he likes to talk about memes a lot and he'll sometimes say something horrid and inappropriate in public that he definitely is like quoting from 4chan. Sometimes I feel like his humor is like that of a 9th-grader.

* He's quite jealous and has gotten onto me about my clothing choices when we go out. Urgh. I rarely wear anything revealing. I love sweaters and long pants, but on the 4th of July, I took him to a GAY club I frequent (I'm very in with the local LGBT community and love dancing at the gay club where I am not likely to have men approach me looking to hook up) and decided to wear a glittery crop-top with long pants and glittery shoes for the sake of FESTIVITY. When he came to my apartment and saw how I was dressed he sulked like a beaten puppy until I put a tank top under my crop-top to cover my midriff. I was super miffed. Later when we talked about it he said something like, "I guess I'm just not used to seeing anything that goes against high school dress code..." Makes some sense...BUT

All of these things together just makes me feel like I'm dating a KID. I'm less than a year older than him but when I'm used to being around twenty-somethings 99% of the time, the way he can be just isn't my normal anymore! in the ~7 month period that we were separated, I grew up A LOT whereas he just only began the journey of growing up a week ago. This makes me think that I deserve to give him some time and that finally being on his own will catch him up to my speed very quickly even if his parents are still paying for his expenses and mine aren't. I love Max. We get each other. We have TONS of fun together. Marriage has been distantly discussed in the past because we really do mesh, but just at this moment in less ways than we used to. Should I stick this out while he's in a very pivotal transitioning period in his life? I feel I should but it kills me inside to know that he still looks at me like a queen when every day I just find something that bugs me about him.

I hate feeling my attraction wane. It's so sad. Every now and then I feel attraction towards someone older and at a more similar place in life to me. I have this one co-worker that reminds me A LOT of Max. They look physically similar, have similar music taste, similar values, both read a lot, both STEM majors, both a little arrogant (sorry I find that hot)...but their differences being that the co-worker is 26, loves hallucinogens but STOPPED doing them because they were ruining his life, is a little more mellow (which is more on my wavelength), and is politically liberal. Naturally I've developed a minor crush but I know that all he really represents to me is the person that I hope Max will grow into being over the years of early adulthood to come. Don't worry, I haven't told a soul of my vague attraction to the co-worker and I drop no hints. It's truly a dark secret that I intend on doing nothing about.

Thank you for reading. Please lend me your guidance.

tl;dr: BF and I have a major maturity gap making my attraction dwindle as I see him as a kid. We are actually a year apart in life experiences so I need to know if this is something that can be waited out.
Just pretend I bolded the whole thing.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 12, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

no dont
i asked in the incel thread and am sorry i did

Barudak posted:

That hundred thousand dollar appraisal is insane unless the rock on that ring is like a lost crown jewel or something.

sounds like they may be canadian so more like 78 grand. :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is only slightly a joke.

Well yeah, birds might take their kids back.

They had a scheme where they allowed Brazilian Japanese to more easily immigrate to Japan before realizing those people werent Japanese enough, killing the program, and pressuirng everyone who took advantage of it to move back to Brazil.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

This is the mother's fault for not having a will. Look people, if your assets - liabilities is over $20,000.00 (this # is relative to the financial situation and number of your children), and/or you have specific bequests for certain property, you need to get a loving will done, its like $500 just do it, god drat.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I could scrape together thirty or forty grand in liquid cash right away, but the rest is tied up in annuities and stocks. I don't feel like signing those over.

Then you don't want the ring enough to pay its actual value and as much as you hate your sister it belongs to her and she can do what she wants with it, bye you weepy sentimental moron.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Also fun fact: if Canada's probate is anything like the US, and Sister wants to push the issue, the Court will order that loving ring sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Me [19/F] with my boyfriend [18/M] ~1yr, we connect on many deep levels but the shallow levels are waning my attraction! Help--I feel like a jerk.

Just pretend I bodled the whole thing.

"Reddit help, what is wrong with my boyfriend other than everything?" is a classic category.