Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm a little amused that BRD and MCH get Refresh but RDM doesn't lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Minrad posted:

they dropped combat leves but actually they should've dropped FATEs

I wish everything could be more like the Moogle Beast Tribe. Watching the bar shoot up in huge amounts each quest hand-in is so satisfying. I wish FATES or the HW combat beast tribes could be even 1/3rd as nice. But I guess you get as much crafter XP as you do because you sort of need to level them all, unlike combat classes.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Oh, Menagerie. Haqen and I tried to help a solo-tank PF clear it the other day, and it was there I learned of the curse of the Red Mage: you can enable bad parties to stave off the inevitability of defeat for longer than is normal, make them think they aren't as bad as they clearly are.

I feel like I was still second-highest DPS despite spending both of the attempts almost bottomed out on MP from constantly raising the healers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Uh, is it even solo tankable? Don't both tanks take constant damage and need to stack on each other?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Saint Freak posted:

Uh, is it even solo tankable? Don't both tanks take constant damage and need to stack on each other?

It's been 4-manned, so 1 tank / 5 dps should be easy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my group solo healed O1 last night and it was cool. not really a particularly exciting accomplishment but we're hoping to do the others before Savage. having a Red Mage really lessens the burden though

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the akh morns do gently caress-all damage even when not properly split, even compared to something like zurvan's tyrfring buster in late 3.x. the reason they're obliterating tanks in your trials roulettte runs is that those tanks aren't bothering to hit any cooldown at all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's been 4-manned, so 1 tank / 5 dps should be easy.

I looked it up and it looks like if you run one tank both the wings just double up and hit that dude and don't tear through other people which is kinda not what I expected to happen.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/335645-Some-interesting-numbers-on-4.0-BLM/page1

Uhhhhhhh

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BLM: hit some fire buttons, it doesn't matter how many of which it all parses the same.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Lucid Dreaming

Unless you mean the actual role action Refresh, which they don't get cuz RDM are casters (just absurdly mobile casters)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
At least the BLM rotation feels really good and complete, and the only problems can be solved with some numbers adjustments.

That's a lot more than what we can say for other classes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think they meant to cast on other people, since it was basically RDM's raison d'être in FFXI. I definitely expected them to get "Goad, but for MP"-style Refresh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Mana Shift + Lucid Dreaming are all the MP refresh RDM needs.

Maybe I'll get one that uses it one day

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i think they meant to cast on other people, since it was basically RDM's raison d'être in FFXI. I definitely expected them to get "Goad, but for MP"-style Refresh.

Mana shift exists, they aint giving RDMs yet another refresh on top of that

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Minrad posted:

Lucid Dreaming

Unless you mean the actual role action Refresh, which they don't get cuz RDM are casters (just absurdly mobile casters)

Yeah I meant the actual ability called Refresh, I know Lucid Dreaming is self-refresh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

When I RDM I use it all I can but damnit 2 minutes is a long cooldown :saddowns:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
your weekly reminder that manashifting your bard is cool, and good, and you should do it

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
2017 and people are STILL surprised that ff14 is a different game from 11 and doesn't reference it at every opportunity.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jinh posted:

2017 and people are STILL surprised that ff14 is a different game from 11 and doesn't reference it at every opportunity.

To be fair FF14 references every FF at every opportunity.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Did they ever nerf Chrysalis, or is it the same fight it was on day one?

That seems like the cleanest analogy to the current Menagerie fight.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
there's like a bajillion ffxi refs in ffxiv, you don't need to get pissy about it

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm sorry I can't spare any brain cells from memorizing my complicated rotation

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was rude sorry

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
all is forgiven.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Reiterpallasch posted:

your weekly reminder that manashifting your bard is cool, and good, and you should do it

i enjoy my 41 second foe's requiems and so does my group

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Countblanc posted:

there's like a bajillion ffxi refs in ffxiv, you don't need to get pissy about it

At least 50% of the mobs are ripped straight from it, same models and all. A lot are from XII too and a few are from XIII. I wonder when they're gonna start using FFXV assets.

They even had Cardians in Bardam's Mettle. Pretty much the only FFXI mobs that aren't in XIV are Orcs, Yagudo and Quadav.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair FF14 references every FF at every opportunity.

Ravana. :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gammatron 64 posted:

At least 50% of the mobs are ripped straight from it, same models and all. A lot are from XII too and a few are from XIII. I wonder when they're gonna start using FFXV assets.

They even had Cardians in Bardam's Mettle. Pretty much the only FFXI mobs that aren't in XIV are Orcs, Yagudo and Quadav.

They've ripped a shitton of mobs and bosses from almost every final fantasy. It's kindof the point of the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You could put T4 into FFXIII and nobody would even notice it being out of place

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

the akh morns do gently caress-all damage even when not properly split, even compared to something like zurvan's tyrfring buster in late 3.x. the reason they're obliterating tanks in your trials roulettte runs is that those tanks aren't bothering to hit any cooldown at all.

This is a problem rando tanks have for any content. I've had tanks pull 3-4 packs then just loving melt because they were saving cooldowns for dungeon bosses which are basically tickle festivals compared to trash.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

i enjoy my 41 second foe's requiems and so does my group

I feel like since this requires the unlikely combination of a bard who remembers to use that song, a rdm who remembers to use mana shift, and for the two of them to coordinate and use the abilities at the same time, it's probably pretty rare to spot it in the wild

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

They've ripped a shitton of mobs and bosses from almost every final fantasy. It's kindof the point of the game.

Well yeah. I mean for a lot of mobs they literally use the same models and textures from PS2 games. But it's not like it matters all that much because you always have the camera zoomed out. And if you have the assets already, you might as well use them.

Some of the sprites from the SNES games look really weird in 3D. Like those fat Bhudda heads in Yanxia. Of course, a lot of those always looked weird to begin with.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like since this requires the unlikely combination of a bard who remembers to use that song, a rdm who remembers to use mana shift, and for the two of them to coordinate and use the abilities at the same time, it's probably pretty rare to spot it in the wild

Yeah I mean tbqh the only mana I'm paying attention to in a fight is mine and the healers. Pumping mana to them is more important with pubs. Now if I were on voice and someone asked for it, sure, np.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

gpose still cool and good, also my fists are birds now

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I fail to see a problem that can be fixed by adjusting potencies means the job is "fundamentally bromen"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The Gate posted:

Yeah I mean tbqh the only mana I'm paying attention to in a fight is mine and the healers. Pumping mana to them is more important with pubs. Now if I were on voice and someone asked for it, sure, np.

I'm still a pretty mediocre rdm so generally the only time I remember to use mana shift is right after I rez a healer so they can get their MP back and be useful. Which to be fair, if I'm only going to remember to use it in one circumstance, that's not a bad one

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm still a pretty mediocre rdm so generally the only time I remember to use mana shift is right after I rez a healer so they can get their MP back and be useful. Which to be fair, if I'm only going to remember to use it in one circumstance, that's not a bad one

That's honestly the best use of it. Also between pulls when I've been spamming the poo poo out of Gravity, thanks and godbless.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can't Square just fire that worthless hack Nomura and put the hundred billion Yen they were going to funnel into that moron's project into anything Yoshi does? Like adding more servers to help with these annoying lag spikes and 9k errors? Give money to a guy who takes a decade with his games or give money to a guy who turned around a failure in under two years. Hmmm, that sure is a tough one.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Fund a new game or burn money on hardware no one will need in two weeks after population stabilizes? Hmm, source your quotes.