Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i hate my dead-to-me MAGA son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think this counts

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/884794324407472129

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I love my dead gay MAGA CHUD

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Best Korea posted:

Does this count?

This is why they constantly double down no matter what stupid poo poo trump does btw

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
First two thirds of the civil war was to keep slavery, last third was to avoid facing consequences for their actions

Something similar to what happened to the Germans and Japanese in ww2. I mean, the Italians surrendered like two years before the others because they didn't do awful poo poo so they were just, ok.

curufinor has issued a correction as of 23:08 on Jul 12, 2017

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Philthy posted:

That is some party loyalty. I don't know where it comes from other than people are loving dumb as gently caress.

I'd say like 75% of those broken relationships were the fact that the CHUDs involved were always shitheads and them hooting and hollering after trump winning was either an immediate breaking point or directly lead to a massive argument

People "put up" with the CHUDs rolling coal and lynching Obama in effigy for 8 years and Trump winning broke that tolerance for a lot of people

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So many redcaps thought that this would be a stunning victory and everybody would tell them how great they are. The fact that the immediate aftermath was a massive outcry against his legitimacy and waves of protests and promises of political violence broke a lot of their loving brains and it was incredible to watch, they sincerely thought that how they acted under Obama would be forgiven and forgotten and people would just be okay with Trump winning despite losing after himself running one of the most hateful, divisive, partisan campaigns in history

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

So many redcaps thought that this would be a stunning victory and everybody would tell them how great they are. The fact that the immediate aftermath was a massive outcry against his legitimacy and waves of protests and promises of political violence broke a lot of their loving brains and it was incredible to watch, they sincerely thought that how they acted under Obama would be forgiven and forgotten and people would just be okay with Trump winning despite losing after himself running one of the most hateful, divisive, partisan campaigns in history

white_privilege.txt

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Epic High Five posted:

what

explain why they're all completely convinced that they're winning then

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

what

They're completely detached from the machinations of the administration and country at large and have instead replaced it and everything beyond the recliner they watch the news all day on with a big hazy bubble that reads "MAGA WINNING TIME LOCKHERUP" and so view the demolition of their own personal relationships with their loved ones as just a weird aberration that they cannot grasp

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

what

Because if they aren't winning they destroyed relationships with friends and family for no reason

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Business Gorillas posted:

Because if they aren't winning they destroyed relationships with friends and family for no reason

i believe you'll find there is a reason

TRUMP!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Is it callous of me to find myself struggling to do other than laugh when people who are losing their homes to global warming voted for a man who thinks global warming is a Chinese conspiracy?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

what

they projected themselves on to trump and take his victory in 2016 as a personal affirmation to how they are.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bedpan posted:

Is it callous of me to find myself struggling to do other than laugh when people who are losing their homes to global warming voted for a man who thinks global warming is a Chinese conspiracy?

No?

E my dad on Medicare with 2 triple bypasses, weighs 350, and had two knee replacements voted for him and posts regularly on fb of maga and illegals, muslims, and blacks with refrigerators. He has like 20 friends last time I checked. Which isn't often as he's blocked so my friends don't see it.

Burt Sexual has issued a correction as of 00:30 on Jul 13, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

what

:umberto:

"We're winning so much!"

"SJWs are ruining everything!"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pollyanna posted:

what

They'll believe they're winning even as the Trumpenproletariat lines them up against the wall.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/885273315316596736

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ffffffffffffuucck off npr

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Epic High Five posted:

ffffffffffffuucck off npr

Yet conspiracy and lying on a paper form is real easy

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

lol my brother is more of a traditional GOP rear end in a top hat (supported Kasich) but he was up in arms after the election b/c protesters wouldn't even "give trump a chance". last time i spoke to him about politics he acknowledged that russia probably tried to swing the election but he didn't care b/c only very stupid people would fall for russian propaganda :kiddo:

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
When I said that all I wanted for Christmas was for donald trump to die in prison, I guess I should have been more specific.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iSm-1DXL0M

quote:

Trump voter Colleen England Byrd told CNN’s Alisyn Camerota that she was “scared” of the Republicans’ health care plan, and said that she needed help from the government to be able to afford key medications.

“I have bipolar disorder, it’s a pretty severe case,” she explained. “And if he takes that away — Medicaid people, Medicare people, no medications, no doctors — it’s going to be like the zombie apocalypse, really running-through-the-streets crazy.”

Byrd said that she backed Trump because “he promised something better” than Obamacare, but “what I’ve seen come off the block is not better.”

Jackie, another Trump voter, said that Trump was hamstrung by a GOP congress that is intent on passing a bad health care bill, which has reduced him to telling people what they want to hear about the bill, even though it isn’t true.

“I have loved ones that have chronic conditions that are functioning now because of the medications they’re on, and because of the medical care they receive,” she said. “I’m scared.”

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

gently caress 'em.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Willfully dense.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

What? They're right. It's very unlikely he'll be charged with treason for the exact reasons they give.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

oh it's worse than that

the entire administration so far has been a total clusterfuck, nothing meaningful has gotten done, and the only thing even on the table is a healthcare plan that is literally 'kill the poors'

this is going to be the pattern for the entire 4 year term, and by the end of it, they're are going to look back on a string of failures and dysfunction

they just haven't caught on yet

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Business Gorillas posted:

I'd say like 75% of those broken relationships were the fact that the CHUDs involved were always shitheads and them hooting and hollering after trump winning was either an immediate breaking point or directly lead to a massive argument

People "put up" with the CHUDs rolling coal and lynching Obama in effigy for 8 years and Trump winning broke that tolerance for a lot of people

Epic High Five posted:

Yep. The one guy on FB I knew who initially supported Kasich and then Trump gloated the morning after the election and nearly everyone on his friend's list - including his mother-in-law and a bunch of his R friends who didn't like Trump - turned on him. He barely posts anything anymore. None of the people I know who support Trump do anything more than a token "MAGA" if they see people online making GBS threads on Trump. They have nothing to point to as a win (well except for the one guy who touts ICE deporting people) and they surface occasionally to whine about how Trump is treated - and it's funny when their R friends point out that every president in modern history has taken poo poo from detractors, why can't Trump and his supporters?

But EHF really nails it - they thought they would be welcomed as victors and have found themselves at odds with people (ie leftists, liberals) who they were told were weak, soft, wouldn't push back, etc. and it's driving them nuts.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Potato Salad posted:

gently caress 'em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwpVJ7ZSTA&t=85s

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me and millions of other people many times over in a decades-long real estate and TV career, get elected president.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAITxlCsj4Y

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Does anyone realize no one clicks on these?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I click them

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XoyDqFy5pU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

im going to click on it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQSoR1LVILE

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

my friend has an older brother with down syndrome who looooves metallica

it is his jam

he also likes tool and skinny puppy and the incredible hulk tv show from the 70s

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Good soup! posted:

I click them

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Bruteman posted:

Yep. The one guy on FB I knew who initially supported Kasich and then Trump gloated the morning after the election and nearly everyone on his friend's list - including his mother-in-law and a bunch of his R friends who didn't like Trump - turned on him. He barely posts anything anymore. None of the people I know who support Trump do anything more than a token "MAGA" if they see people online making GBS threads on Trump. They have nothing to point to as a win (well except for the one guy who touts ICE deporting people) and they surface occasionally to whine about how Trump is treated - and it's funny when their R friends point out that every president in modern history has taken poo poo from detractors, why can't Trump and his supporters?

But EHF really nails it - they thought they would be welcomed as victors and have found themselves at odds with people (ie leftists, liberals) who they were told were weak, soft, wouldn't push back, etc. and it's driving them nuts.

Yeah for most Trumpers their vote was a symbolic gently caress-you to the people they hated, and they loved Trump because he openly hated the same groups of people in ways no establishment candidate would do. The constant whining about criticism ties in with the post-election cries of "he won get over it"; they legitimately thought making Trump president would cause all the bad people to shut up and go away forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
they are filled with Hate