Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

maskenfreiheit posted:

Does anyone know how to tell when Netflix will yank a show down? I've got mild PTSD Futurama was taken from me, and I love those Crane boys.

It's also on Hulu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I see and fear a dark future where Frasier is taken off all streaming services and all us superfans have left to watch is that video of Kelsey Grammer falling down.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I see and fear a dark future where Frasier is taken off all streaming services and all us superfans have left to watch is that video of Kelsey Grammer falling down.

Oh, good Lord.

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax

Hey baby I hear the blues a callin'

But seriously, Netflix is pretty open about when their content licenses are ending and I haven't read anything about Fraiser's ending any time soon, soooo..

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

friendo posted:

Hey baby I hear the blues a callin'

But seriously, Netflix is pretty open about when their content licenses are ending and I haven't read anything about Fraiser's ending any time soon, soooo..

Really? How do you view that info?

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
Netflix will put an expiration date 30 days out of it expiring in the details or description. There are also a bunch of websites that list what is leaving that month

Vulture posted:

Leaving July 1
Futurama: Seasons 1–6
Ghost Whisperer: Seasons 1–5
MacGyver: Seasons 1–7

Leaving July 6
Los Heroes del Norte: Seasons 1–2

MOVIES
Leaving July 1
9/11: Stories in Fragments
America’s Secret D-Day Disaster
American Pie Presents: Band Camp
American Pie Presents: Beta House
American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile
An Unmarried Woman
Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging
Batman
Black Wings
Blazing Saddles
Blondie’s New York
Bombs, Bullets and Fraud
Day of the Kamikaze
Death Beach
El Dorado
Flicka 2
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Hello, Dolly!
Hip Hop: The Furious Force of Rhymes
History in HD: The Last Bomb
Hugo
The Hunt for Bin Laden
The Incredible Bionic Man
Kate & Leopold
Mystery Files: Hitler
Mystery Files: Leonardo da Vinci
Nazi Temple of Doom
Samurai Headhunters
Secrets: A Viking Map?
Secrets: Richard III Revealed
Secrets: The Sphinx
Shuttle Discovery’s Last Mission
Titanic’s Final Mystery
While You Were Sleeping
Working Girl

Leaving July 3
The Last Samurai
Two Weeks Notice

Leaving July 11
Opposite Field

Leaving July 12
Adventures of Pepper and Paula
In the Basement
Sleeping Beauty (2014)

Leaving July 13
Kevin Hart: Laugh at My Pain

Leaving July 15
All That Glitters
Lessons for a Kiss

I'm kind of bummed I didn't watch 'While You Were Sleeping' before it got pulled

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
For you house MD fans, check out a early twenties lisa edelstein in S05E19. She's even hotter than lillith

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Niles gets $250 haircuts in 2000 money which is $362 in today's money.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Niles gets $250 haircuts in 2000 money which is $362 in today's money.

Which is why he's got a giant sucker for a head.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Frasier: Would we... sleep together?
Lilith: I thought we'd freeze your sperm.
Frasier: Is that a "yes" or a "no"?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There are some real and honest threads running through the Woody comes to visit episode; in that, when you're an alcoholic, you have a bunch of "friends" who you think you have a deep connection with, but all you actually have in common is the constant consumption of alcohol as fast and as often as possible, and when you get sober you realize what a thin thread all of that was that kept you together with those people you don't actually like, but, of course, like any 90's sitcom whose name doesn't rhyme with the phrase "Choose Gacy, yo!", the message is intensely watered down and milquetoast.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

There are some real and honest threads running through the Woody comes to visit episode; in that, when you're an alcoholic, you have a bunch of "friends" who you think you have a deep connection with, but all you actually have in common is the constant consumption of alcohol as fast and as often as possible, and when you get sober you realize what a thin thread all of that was that kept you together with those people you don't actually like, but, of course, like any 90's sitcom whose name doesn't rhyme with the phrase "Choose Gacy, yo!", the message is intensely watered down and milquetoast.

I thought you were going to say Frasier feeling sorry for Woody then pulling back and Woody saying the same thing about him. Or feeling obligated to pretend to enjoy spending time with him, and that he felt the same. Or if you're planning to make a dishonest move, you don't plan for the other person to do it to you first. It was probably the best Cheers guest star episode of the run, for the honest themes you mentioned and for the Woodyisms. Can you make that half rapscallions, half pepperoni? :v:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Well any time, any place, anywhere that I go
All the people seem to stop and stare
They say "why are you dressed like it's Halloween?
You look so absurd, you look so obscene"
Oh, why can't I live a life for me?
Why should I take the abuse that's served?
Why can't they see they're just like me
It's the same, it's the same in the whole wide world

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

Well any time, any place, anywhere that I go
All the people seem to stop and stare
They say "why are you dressed like it's Halloween?
You look so absurd, you look so obscene"
Oh, why can't I live a life for me?
Why should I take the abuse that's served?
Why can't they see they're just like me
It's the same, it's the same in the whole wide world

Yeah, but he's got a goth chick girlfriend, and having been a rivethead in highschool through the 90's I can confirm that they put out. Good job Freddy.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

maskenfreiheit posted:

ᖴ Γ ᐱ Ƨ I Ξ Γ Ш ᐱ ᐯ Ξ

This is amazing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, but he's got a goth chick girlfriend, and having been a rivethead in highschool through the 90's I can confirm that they put out. Good job Freddy.

She ditches him at a party they go to.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poor Freddy...put on black lipstick and got ditched.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Was the kid that played Freddy in anything notable besides BASEketball?

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

he was rejected by Michael Scott at a career fair

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Vakal posted:

:aaaaa:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

He was in some later Mad Men seasons as one of the copy writers.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hopefully he stashed all those freddy millions

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Hopefully he stashed all those freddy millions

If he's like any other child star that progress into adult fame then I'm sure it was all stolen by his parents and agent.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solice Kirsk posted:

If he's like any other child star that progress into adult fame then I'm sure it was all stolen by his parents and agent.

Also he probably got molested somewhere along the way.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Poor kid, hope he knows a good psychiatrist

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I still hope for a Frasier spin off where Freddy grew up to be a cop like his grandfather and Niles and Frasier give him poo poo because he's a genius that wanted to be a cop.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
but he then brings his father in to help with psycho-analysing the criminals...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Solice Kirsk posted:

I still hope for a Frasier spin off where Freddy grew up to be a cop like his grandfather and Niles and Frasier give him poo poo because he's a genius that wanted to be a cop.

Carpet posted:

Would watch the poo poo out of this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Would watch the poo poo out of this.

OK, you guys start writing it. I have a producer friend at NBC! We could get this off the ground! This could be the best goon project of all time!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Maris is totally serial killer material.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That's a pretty good idea but use Eddie instead of Frasier's stupid kid. Like if Wishbone and CSI were also a Frasier spin off.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out, but what 90s sitcom is it that rhemes with "Choose Gacy, yo!"?

I know Cheers really is more of a 80s sitcom, but I found its portrayal of addiction with Sam during the Sam & Diane era pretty good. There was one scene in particular where Sam got upset, poured himself a shot and said he was going to drink it then stood there struggling with himself before Diana chugged the shot to get it away from him that was a really good portrayal of relapse. A lot of the themes of addiction kind of got washed away and watered down when Christe Alley joined the show for some reason, Sam's sex addiction in particular became this weird running gag in between being a plot point when he had a melt down.

DapperDraculaDeer fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 14, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

CoffeeBooze posted:

I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out, but what 90s sitcom is it that rhemes with "Choose Gacy, yo!"?

I know Cheers really is more of a 80s sitcom, but I found its portrayal of addiction with Sam during the Sam & Diane era pretty good. There was one scene in particular where Sam got upset, poured himself a shot and said he was going to drink it then stood there struggling with himself before Diana chugged the shot to get it away from him that was a really good portrayal of relapse. A lot of the themes of addiction kind of got washed away and watered down when Christe Alley joined the show for some reason, Sam's sex addiction in particular came this weird running gag in between being a plot point when he had a melt down.

Alley's a scientologist, who something something psychology something something fake

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

imagine if NBC teased a new show- no promotional material or trailer, just a 10 second frame of a title card that just read

Maris
Coming soon...

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Carpet posted:

oh and his dad always tries to empathize with the really bad dudes and sometimes ends up getting super connected to obvious scumbags.

Fraiser: "Freddy. Look at this man, don't you think he's obviously hurting both inside, and out? Why do you think he's acting out so violently? He wants to feel comforted."
Freddy: "Dad he is suspected to have sexually assaulted numerous women and it seems like it's going to be open and shut."
Fraiser: "Don't deny this man a last act of dignity before he goes into the system that will break him even more. Even a simple act of giving him some coffee could make a world of difference in his treatment."
Freddy: "I don't know..."
Frasier: "I promise you, give this man some coffee and he'll remember this moment later on. It will be a turning point."

*The suspected rapist immediately throws the coffee at Freddy, scalding him.*

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tumble posted:

oh and his dad always tries to empathize with the really bad dudes and sometimes ends up getting super connected to obvious scumbags.

Fraiser: "Freddy. Look at this man, don't you think he's obviously hurting both inside, and out? Why do you think he's acting out so violently? He wants to feel comforted."
Freddy: "Dad he is suspected to have sexually assaulted numerous women and it seems like it's going to be open and shut."
Fraiser: "Don't deny this man a last act of dignity before he goes into the system that will break him even more. Even a simple act of giving him some coffee could make a world of difference in his treatment."
Freddy: "I don't know..."
Frasier: "I promise you, give this man some coffee and he'll remember this moment later on. It will be a turning point."

*The suspected rapist immediately throws the coffee at Freddy, scalding him.*

Frasier: Prank'd, failson

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Tumble posted:

really lovely dialog not anything like that found in the hit TV show Frasier, not capturing the voices of the characters at all
don't quit your day job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol