Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the microwave gun still feels lovely to me. it doesn't pass through zeds, it doesn't set them on fire, it uses ammo super fast, it uses more ammo to kill trash zeds than even the friggin 9mm, and it doesn't even kill big zeds appreciably faster than any other gun.

MW gun doesn't pass through? It feels like it does when I use it, though maybe it just has decent AoE when it hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The real nerf to the microwave gun is that it doesn't make instant super fat comedy zeds anymore.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I honestly hate the FB's trenchgun. I wish there was an Altfire mode that you can put a loving choke on it and decrease the spread so it actually feels useful on something bigger than a Gorefiend.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

^^ Trenchgun is way better on support than firebug because of that choke skill

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man there are literally zero people trying to do the weekly on PS4 apparently.

Also anyone else on PS4 feel free to add me, PSN is Valghast. I'm about to go on vacation for two weeks but otherwise I tend to hop on in the evening times and playing with goons sounds a lot more fun than wading through pubbie hell.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They probably don't know that you have to manually select the mode. I sure as hell didn't at first glance.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Evil Eagle posted:

I only caught one day of double XP and I took SWAT to 18 and sharp to 11, both from 0. Make this the norm please, my friend won't play suicidal because he has no perks at 15 even though it's twice as fun as hard mode.

There are some grind maps on HoE difficulty that your friend can join in to power level. Its boring as all hell but can get them to a decent level to play suicidal.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

welcome to the other half of the resist problem, but yes you can ruin trash all day long with the FT. You're just near-useless against scrakes or FPs.

I stumble the gently caress out of scrakes and pounds with my flamethrower if I see them ruining someone, and I love it when you do that on a vertical map and they stumble off the rail/roof and have to run back around a long path to get to you. I used to have the long range skill selected until someone here mentioned how good the stumble is and I have to agree. What's tough is not burning them too soon and spoiling railgun shots. Everything looks like a bundle of kindling when you have a tank of fire on your back!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

quote:

KF2 Update Version 1055
We have just shipped a required update for clients and servers for Killing Floor 2. The changelog is as follows:

Fixed an issue where spectators could get credit for weekly objectives
Fixed Zed time Reload not triggering properly
Fixed Fleshpounds not spawning enraged on suicidal and Hell on Earth
Fixed a case where Anton’s head would disappear with cosmetic customizations
Fixed a community map issue where zeds and players could fall through the world
Fixed Gunslinger perk reloading slowly in ZED time when Fanfire is picked
Fixed Weekly events not loading on Linux Servers

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Gromit posted:

I stumble the gently caress out of scrakes and pounds with my flamethrower if I see them ruining someone, and I love it when you do that on a vertical map and they stumble off the rail/roof and have to run back around a long path to get to you. I used to have the long range skill selected until someone here mentioned how good the stumble is and I have to agree. What's tough is not burning them too soon and spoiling railgun shots. Everything looks like a bundle of kindling when you have a tank of fire on your back!

Last time I played Suicidal as FB a low level Berserker bitched at me for stumbling stuff. I swapped for one wave and got cornered and died.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

KF2 Update Version 1055
We have just shipped a required update for clients and servers for Killing Floor 2. The changelog is as follows:

Fixed an issue where spectators could get credit for weekly objectives

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS :argh:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the microwave gun still feels lovely to me. it doesn't pass through zeds, it doesn't set them on fire, it uses ammo super fast, it uses more ammo to kill trash zeds than even the friggin 9mm, and it doesn't even kill big zeds appreciably faster than any other gun.

Microwave gun is great. I don't know what you're saying when you say it doesn't set them on fire, because it does. It also has a great ammo pool and is fantastic for clearing large zeds and trash. Only three zeds resist it, I believe (Crawler, Clot variants, and Stalker), which doesn't matter since it does so much straight damage. You're also invaluable for Scrakes and Fleshpounds because heat wave is a guaranteed stumble which resets after about five seconds. There's so many times where I see a complete impenetrable horde of enemies and I just whip out the microwave gun and charge headfirst into them.

Are you aiming directly at enemies or at the ground in front of them? There's a sweetspot that's essentially Firebug's version of headshots where you're hitting them with both direct damage and splash damage on top of starting a ground fire, it's signified by a distinct sizzling noise. Also I don't know if pulsing your shots instead of holding down the fire button is effectively stronger, but it's certainly good for ammo conservation.

aniviron posted:

The real nerf to the microwave gun is that it doesn't make instant super fat comedy zeds anymore.

This also isn't true. It makes puffy zeds still, again only with sweetspot hits I believe. It's great because zeds instantly panic when they become marshmallow-afied

Sternieliscious posted:

My regular group is a three man team and fairly new to the game. How much trouble will I have running a crew that large on harder difficulties? Our current makeup is Medic/Berserker/Survivalist, but we're nearing 20 and I'd like some suggestions for other perk combinations as well. I'm currently leaning Support or Commando after my run as Medic.

Honestly the earlier you start Suicidal the better. Perk combinations doesn't matter as pretty much every class is capable of soloing, but you'll want a Medic in the beginning and least one class capable of taking out large zeds easily (SWAT/Demolitions/Support/Sharpshooter). The better you and your team gets, the less relevant Medic becomes and you can eventually start dropping somebody playing Medic in favor of more damage output. Soon you won't even need a heavy-killer since every class is capable of taking out large zeds on Suicidal (some just more easily than others).

I don't know if you're playing on Normal or Hard, but keep in mind that while the transition from Normal to Hard is a pretty small step and doesn't seem that huge, the difference between Hard and Suicidal is night-and-day. Zeds use attacks they outright don't on Hard, they're always sprinting, do massive damage, and Husks especially become the absolute bane of your existence. As for Suicidal to Hell on Earth, Hell on Earth actually is a pretty similar spike in difficulty as Normal to Hard is--it's pretty slight and there isn't much noticeable difference. If you can beat Suicidal easily, then Hell on Earth plays borderline identically save for damage and spawn rates (with spawn rates actually being slower).

Evil Eagle posted:

I only caught one day of double XP and I took SWAT to 18 and sharp to 11, both from 0. Make this the norm please, my friend won't play suicidal because he has no perks at 15 even though it's twice as fun as hard mode.

Suicidal is pretty much the best difficulty. It's fun, there's large hordes, and it's not mind-numbling easy (like Normal/Hard) or equally mind-numblingly boring (like Hell On Earth where they space out spawns so half the game is waiting around). On Suicidal, all the zeds use all of their unique attacks (like Husk suicide bombs and flamethrowers, Slasher tactical combat rolls, and the coveted Bloat belly-bump) and they're constantly assaulting you, so it's fantastic if you also want to get some fun XP in, too.

alg posted:

Last time I played Suicidal as FB a low level Berserker bitched at me for stumbling stuff. I swapped for one wave and got cornered and died.

If you're playing Berserker and trying to get the parry bonus using the skill for it, it's a little annoying when zeds stumble because it makes that one specific block you just did in that immediate instance worthless since it knocks them off of their attacks. But it doesn't matter because you can just block again when they're done to get the parry off. Since the parry skill is a high level perk and you said the Berserker specifically wasn't, he wouldn't be affected by it anyways so you can just assume they had the dumb. There's nothing wrong with stumbling enemies that are attacking a Berserker. If anything, they should appreciate it since most everything takes two swings to kill anyways.

quote:

Fixed Fleshpounds not spawning enraged on suicidal and Hell on Earth

"Fixed."

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Well got the Weekly 'for real' just now. The secret was going Medic and letting good players kill all the zeds :downs: Turns out it's way easier to spam grenades and blindfire darts into the rest of your team than trying to line up headshots on a flock of charging FPs...

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like they fixed the outpost corner exploit and I think the burning Paris one.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Challenge is a lot easier solo, I did on PS4 by myself and got it first try. The thing that hosed me up the most was the 9 crawler spawn I got in wave 2 which almost killed me, but beyond that it was smooth sailing till the end, Quarter pounds die in 2 alt fire pulv hits, normal fps in 3, and I just evis'D the king FP to death.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was going around collecting my outstanding Normal and Hard map cheevos, got Medicine Master as Firebug. With 20 points healing
:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phone:
I was looking for the headsmack smilie and saw these phone ones and had to try them out.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Playing suicidal with any perk at 0 will soon land them at 15 if you play with more experienced players. Tell him to not be a doodoohead.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope they start designing the Weekly things around each perk to encourage people to use them all. Bighead was pretty great for SS and Poundimonium is a good time to bust out your Demo and practice RPG headshots.

So far all I've been able to come up with is a week where clots, crawlers and stalkers all split into 4 micro versions when they die, so you need some Firebugs running around laying groundfire everywhere or you'll get swarmed by tiny zeds.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takes No Damage posted:

I hope they start designing the Weekly things around each perk to encourage people to use them all. Bighead was pretty great for SS and Poundimonium is a good time to bust out your Demo and practice RPG headshots.

So far all I've been able to come up with is a week where clots, crawlers and stalkers all split into 4 micro versions when they die, so you need some Firebugs running around laying groundfire everywhere or you'll get swarmed by tiny zeds.

Tiny zeds, which I think was the second weekly, heavily demanded a Firebug since it was a pain in the keister to hit the shrunk zeds. Headshots-only also really favored Sharpshooter, Gunslinger, and SWAT while dumpstering Demolitions and Firebug.

I forget what the remaining weeklies are, I think the next one should be the one where zeds inflate like balloons and fly into the sky before popping when they die?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Takes No Damage posted:

Was going around collecting my outstanding Normal and Hard map cheevos, got Medicine Master as Firebug. With 20 points healing
:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phone:
I was looking for the headsmack smilie and saw these phone ones and had to try them out.

I encounter a shocking number of pubbies who never, ever heal anyone but themselves. And sometimes not even themselves, which is the most baffling thing of all.

Though I'm not sure if that's ultimately more or less aggravating than Supports who hump the trader pod or buy their poo poo and promptly run off to the other end of the map.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

Though I'm not sure if that's ultimately more or less aggravating than Supports who hump the trader pod or buy their poo poo and promptly run off to the other end of the map.

This is why I wish TKing was a thing.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That is my litmus test to see if the pubbie has leveled support through a perk server or not. If the have made it to support 25 legitimately then they know well enough to stand at the edge of the trader radius and share ammo. Everyone else is either using a perk training server or braindead.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Theta Zero posted:

I forget what the remaining weeklies are, I think the next one should be the one where zeds inflate like balloons and fly into the sky before popping when they die?

July 18 - Up, Up and Decay - Try to make ninety-nine Zed balloons.
Shooting Zeds in this outbreak will cause them to inflate like balloons, even to the point of floating away and popping!

July 25 - Zed Time - All the Zed Time in the world.
Ever think that life is passing you by? Not in this outbreak! You'll be in Zed Time any time you're near a Zed.

August 1 – Beefcake - Bigger they are, harder you fall.
In this outbreak, Zeds increase their health, size, and reach when they hit players or are affected by certain Zed abilities.

August 8 – Boom - Zeds under pressure; may explode.
Maybe it was something they ate? Bad gas? Whatever it was, Zeds explode when killed in this outbreak.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Didn't they already do Boom?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah that was week one.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Skoll posted:

Well I think they did Poundemonium already. I say think because I saw a post about it in this thread a month ago but it was a week or so before I picked the game back up. Either way, people were expecting them to cycle weeklies, although not necessarily the rewards.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since I missed the first week I hope it's the same reward. Even if the little mushroom neck bolts look kind of dumb I can pretend they're designer headphones or something. Plus they do make people easier to see, the post apocalyptic equivalent wearing an orange safety vest.

aniviron posted:

That is my litmus test to see if the pubbie has leveled support through a perk server or not. If the have made it to support 25 legitimately then they know well enough to stand at the edge of the trader radius and share ammo. Everyone else is either using a perk training server or braindead.

Oh yeaaaaaaah, it is annoying when I want to grab the extra ammo either just before or after hitting the trader, and I'm inching up behind them looking for the sweet spot that gives me the ammo prompt before getting overridden by the trader menu.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

Yeah, they should be rotating.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Why would you want the ammo then? If you take it during trader time, it's not available during the next wave, right?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

Why would you want the ammo then? If you take it during trader time, it's not available during the next wave, right?

Saves dosh.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
On higher difficulties, I'd rather buy ammo full, then get that extra with 60 zeds remaining.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Agreed, full ammo rarely lasts me a wave if i'm actually putting work in.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The new weeky is up. Zeds inflate like balloons and asplode.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
That was great, seeing the Pat swell up and then just rain down in a shower of gibs was worth it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

so either hans is broken in the weekly or tripwire is dumber than I thought, he constantly heals faster than you can do damage. wtf

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

actually every zed regens health in this mode. One wave we all ran out of ammo with 1 skrake left and we had to knife it to death.

Anyway hans fell in the water in the mario map and we won. I don't think we could have killed him without that happening

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

every enemy regens to full in like 4 seconds lol

play commando and watch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the flamethrower instakills bloats. This mode is weird.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
They also seem to have way more health or something, since headshots on clots weren't killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I thought the weekly was easy enough. It was funny watching four zerkers constantly saw Hans to keep his health down.