Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

pox pop all day

I'd pick it just based on the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stukov plays and feels exactly like you would expect Stukov to, which is great, but his face still bothers the hell out of me.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Can someone explain to me like I'm a literal child the sequence to maximize your kill switches with the double quest, D build?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
There sure are a lot of mercenaries that do no damage now

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Remember that time they said they have like 100 programmers making this game. :lol:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Do you think programmers have anything to do with minion damage?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

No I imagine that everything that happens in the game is the work of tiny magic dinosaurs. No one knows how they got there or why they do what they do.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Wait, do mercs not do damage right now?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Sappers on haunted mines at least do not do damage to enemy minions, which makes them extremely not good. Also reported that siege mercs on blackhearts do not damage minions either.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

beejay posted:

No I imagine that everything that happens in the game is the work of tiny magic dinosaurs. No one knows how they got there or why they do what they do.

its a bunch of t-rex developers with arms too short to reach the keyboard and HR is "too busy" to process their request for standing desks

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

beejay posted:

Remember that time they said they have like 100 programmers making this game. :lol:

They need at least a hundred probably, cause Hots is a known for being a bunch of Spaghetti code barely working on the SC2 engine

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I just don't understand how its possible to get out of bronze. Every single game I play has people that don't seem like they can tie their own loving shoes. I think I'm done with this game for a while.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

High gold/low plat is 'average' for this game, so if you're in Bronze you either had awful luck during placement or you're there for a reason. :v:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
That feeling when Stukov tries to shove Leoric out of the bone zone and fails... :getin:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I pushed a genji all the way down the middle lane to their base on the dragon map. It was the best thing I have ever done in this game.

Also FYI Stukov 1 shots earthbind totem with his aa which is hilarious + sad for poor rehgar.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Snacksmaniac posted:

Can someone explain to me like I'm a literal child the sequence to maximize your kill switches with the double quest, D build?

Take Fetid Touch at level 1, to get faster Weighted Pustules. Take Vigorous Reuptake at level 4 to get the big heals. Take Targeted Excision at level 7 to make it work:

Put your heal on the team a few seconds in advance of a fight,
Hit one (and only one) target with your W,
Use D, which will have a fast cooldown because of Targeted Excision + one W target.

Since the major limit on Stukov's heals is how slow his D is to cool down, reducing his D cooldown by using your W properly is essential to make the build work.

Use your fast Ws from the level 1 quest to always have them available to set up the CDR for your D. Take Universal Carrier at 13 if you feel like you're having trouble getting heal on the whole team consistently or if you think you can consistently D when the heal projectile is in flight (because D doesn't get rid of the projectile, just the effect) but it's probably better to take Pox Populi instead.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't get what the point of the damage boosting talents for pustule is. They're so bad, it's almost comical. Blind can be situationally useful but why even add 50% damage? Poppin Pustules could be baseline and it wouldnt have much of a difference.

on a different note wowza stukov's melee hits hard.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 13, 2017

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Protips for the Stuke- make them rely on your D, silence your competitors, and keep your shrimp hand strong

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Speaking of bugs, the hunter killer hydralisk appears to be triggering the serrated spines talent. And fury of the storm...

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

At some point, not long from now, they will not be able to fix this game I would think.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
He's a very hard working little bug thing, I'm proud of him.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

beejay posted:

SInce HotS is just an SC2 mod most things like this are created by data engineers who just work with the galaxy editor to make stuff like most SC2 custom map makers would. If you want to consider that job a "programmer" I suppose you're free to but I doubt Blizzard does. They probably call them designers.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

beejay posted:

At some point, not long from now, they will not be able to fix this game I would think.

I dunno, look how long theyve managed to keep the rotting corpse of an engine WoW runs on going. That company must have the worlds largest supply of digital duct tape.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bloody Pom posted:

High gold/low plat is 'average' for this game, so if you're in Bronze you either had awful luck during placement or you're there for a reason. :v:

This is only my 2nd season. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try there's at least 1 fucktard doing something stupid to throw the game.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

veedubfreak posted:

This is only my 2nd season. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try there's at least 1 fucktard doing something stupid to throw the game.

if you're playing correctly and not tilting then over time you'll win more than you lose because there's only a 4/9 chance of the fucktard being on your team but a 5/9 chance of them being on the enemy team

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

GenericOverusedName posted:

Speaking of bugs, the hunter killer hydralisk appears to be triggering the serrated spines talent. And fury of the storm...

Did not appear to be doing this for me.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

President Ark posted:

if you're playing correctly and not tilting then over time you'll win more than you lose because there's only a 4/9 chance of the fucktard being on your team but a 5/9 chance of them being on the enemy team

Ya, i'm still winning more than I'm losing, but it gets frustrating as poo poo when you go on 2-3 game streaks with complete fuckups. Which leads to logging off for the day. I just don't have the patience to put in 10+ games a day.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Meanwhile the stukov's on my team are doing about 1/3 the healing of the enemy stukovs and specing for 'lane clear' because stukov is a bad healer. :psypop:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

beejay posted:

My favorite is the inaccurate coin counters in BHB now giving weird values like saying your team has 23 coins when you only have 4.

I mean how hard is it to sum the players coins. I know it's probably some weird memory location issue but I am frightened to think about how Hots manages to work at all.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Nice to see complaints about bugs instead of OP new heroes.

I mean yeah Stukov is OP but nobody complains about him because he's so fun. It's like if a hero gave you free IRL bjs you wouldn't call for a nerf, you'd just hope you get your turn to play him some of the time.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

BrianBoitano posted:

Nice to see complaints about bugs instead of OP new heroes.

I mean yeah Stukov is OP but nobody complains about him because he's so fun. It's like if a hero gave you free IRL bjs you wouldn't call for a nerf, you'd just hope you get your turn to play him some of the time.

No need to complain, it's juts so enjoyable to go on a ride with stukov's wild arm, getting pushed along at breakneck speed

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

So Rare skins have unique animations, special effects, and all that jazz, right? The Bone Visage skin for Xul that was recently released is rated as Rare, so I decided to pop into Try mode to see what was different.

For Bone Spear, instead of throwing an actual bone spear, Xul throws his sword.

That's it. A talent got slightly different art. That's what makes the skin Rare.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Power Bottom posted:

So Rare skins have unique animations, special effects, and all that jazz, right? The Bone Visage skin for Xul that was recently released is rated as Rare, so I decided to pop into Try mode to see what was different.

That's it. A talent got slightly different art. That's what makes the skin Rare.

You're thinking of Legendary skins, which only sometimes have different VO but usually have different special effects.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Power Bottom posted:

Skins that have changed effects/animations/voice overs will explicitly state that they have those things on the store page for the skin. Xul's Bone Visage skins don't have that.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
You know what's annoying as gently caress, Stukov dropping his lurking arm on Chromie's temporal loop spot.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I've seen a surprising amount of coop play with his lurking arm, even in QM.

D.va boosting people and knocking them into it, Sitches eating someone and dropping them onto it, etc.

Also if you want to be a dick, use it on an enemy Valeera's smoke bomb.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Alpha Mayo posted:

I've seen a surprising amount of coop play with his lurking arm, even in QM.

D.va boosting people and knocking them into it, Sitches eating someone and dropping them onto it, etc.

Also if you want to be a dick, use it on an enemy Valeera's smoke bomb.

I just finished a game where our Varian was fantastic about taunting folks in it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

beejay posted:

I know this is, like, your thing, but yeesh. Finding and fixing bugs isn't nearly as foolproof as you seem to think it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Brawl Bloodlust affects DK :stare: