Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
now i'm going to have that stupid BAD rear end song in my head, but anything is better than Midnight Oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Beds a burnin

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Soulex posted:

blue sky mine

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Naked Bear posted:

They may not have even been alive in the nineties. :stare:

Am I an old? :ohdear:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

dude

i was born...

..... in the eighties

when do we stop saying 90s and 80s and 70s and start having to say 1990s and 1980s, etc

because that's when i'll start having a sustained existential crisis

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ask them if they know what the Soviet Union was. If they answer, "what?" then you're old.

:(

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

TBeats posted:

dude

i was born...

..... in the seventies

when do we stop saying 90s and 80s and 70s and start having to say 1990s and 1980s, etc

:corsair:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I turn 29 in a week. Next year I will be old.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TBeats posted:

dude

i was born...

..... in the eighties

Basically never, but you can legitimately use the phrase"turn of the century."

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh i think it was back in 03 when a hogsead of gas cost $60 and everyone was driving giant horseless carriages like the H2 Hummdiddlydoodler

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

remember freedom fries

and bush

and rap-rock

and bad punk music about bush

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/enough-time-has-passed-reveal-george-w-bush-was-am-5642

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:downsrim:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Still 27. It's a good age. No longer mid 20s, but not really late 20s. It really lets you skate under the radar of people giving a poo poo about you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

Still 27. It's a good age. No longer mid 20s, but not really late 20s. It really lets you skate under the radar of people giving a poo poo about you.

nobody is going to give a poo poo about you from here on out just fyi

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

You think 30 is old, but then you're like: "nah, 40 is old".

Then a few years later: "nah, 50 is old"

So on, and so forth til you're dead.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
after you hit 25 and your insurance goes down there isn't much to look forward to anyway because we will all either be dead or won't be able to afford retirement when the time comes.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Went to a bar on the fourth and I didn't get carded. :( I'm only 27.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i still get carded sometimes :)

but i figure they're just carding everyone at that point

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Naked Bear posted:

Went to a bar on the fourth and I didn't get carded. :( I'm only 27.

Lots of bars and stores are starting to card for booze regardless of appearances as standard policy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When I was 24 I didn't get carded everywhere I went, but the girl I was with did. We were on a vacation so this happened probably half a dozen times in one day. At the end of the day I had enough and asked the bartender how old the girl I was with looked and she said "20, no older than 22." I asked how old I looked.

the bitch said 30.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

When I was 24 I didn't get carded everywhere I went, but the girl I was with did. We were on a vacation so this happened probably half a dozen times in one day. At the end of the day I had enough and asked the bartender how old the girl I was with looked and she said "20, no older than 22." I asked how old I looked.

the bitch said 30.

Its the receding hair line.

No idea if you actually have one..

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

nobody is going to give a poo poo about you from here on out just fyi

Once you hit mid 30s they start expecting you to have kids and care about gardening.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Lots of bars and stores are starting to card for booze regardless of appearances as standard policy.

Virginia has super dumb alcohol laws and super annoying booze cops (literally - they have cops whose entire job is catching people buying alcohol underage and selling alcohol to underage kids), so when I worked at a grocery store there I carded everyone who looked like they weren't quite old enough to join the AARP.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 13, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TBeats posted:

after you hit 25 and your insurance goes down there isn't much to look forward to anyway because we will all either be dead or won't be able to afford retirement when the time comes.

If you're retarded and still in your PT score minimums go down at 32, and plummet from there.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm about to turn 30 as a PL, though nobody thinks I'm older than 25 unless I tell them

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I almost never get carded because of my beard. If I were to shave it like a retard, I would instantly get carded everywhere.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I almost never get carded because of my beard. If I were to shave it like a retard, I would instantly get carded everywhere.

Same. I rarely got carded when I was in high school because of it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

feeling fuckin old itt

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
If I shave and wear contacts, I get carded so loving hard. I look like I'm goddamn 12. With glasses and the scruff I try to convince people is a beard, it's about 50/50

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

wait that song was about bush?!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

super annoying booze cops (literally - they have cops whose entire job is catching people buying alcohol underage and selling alcohol to underage kids),

This is most states. Its more of a county thing in Florida with how aggressive they are. Brevard, both the cities and county sheriff will run stings where they literally arrest clerks in the middle of peak businesses.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Wasabi the J posted:

If you're retarded and still in your PT score minimums go down at 32, and plummet from there.

Yeah. 32 is when PT minimums drop to where you can probably pass with chronic back and knee injuries. :smith:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm 30, I feel like I'm still 25

Unless I drink

Then I feel 75 the next day

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Regardless of fitness levels, diligence in avoiding letting the sun run roughshod over your skin goes a helluva long way toward looking young. The look of a 30+ year old who wears sunblock and hats vs one who just goes full literal red neck is night and day. Doubly so for a smoker who doesn't use sunblock.

E: gently caress yeah boonie cap deployments and gently caress yeah, banning berets for outdoor ceremonies.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I smoked like a chimney outside when I was in. But I've spent the last three years being a shut in so I'm keeping the cancer cells at bay.

One trick for fighting cancer. Doctors hate me!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

This is most states. Its more of a county thing in Florida with how aggressive they are. Brevard, both the cities and county sheriff will run stings where they literally arrest clerks in the middle of peak businesses.

I grew up in MD, where there's basically no state-wide liquor laws other than being 21 and .08 BAC being a DUI, so it was a little strange.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Back when I was a cashier in high school, the local police would hire freakishly older-looking for their age people, have them dress older, have the girls/women put on makeup not as a costume, but decidedly not in the style of a teen, then try to buy cigarettes or booze.

I carded drat near everyone as a result. One of my coworkers got fired and landed the store a hefty fine when a guy who was 20, but looked like a grizzled lumberjack of 35+ bought booze in a sting. Hairy, bearded scotch-Irish dude with a ton of sun damage and early wrinkles.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A girl I dated in high school got fired from Publix because she got one of the special needs guys that Publix hires to buy her beer.

If you don't know what Publix is I feel sorry for your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

]
If you don't know what Publix is I feel sorry for your life.

Publix is over rated with the exception of their subs and fried chicken.