Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I traded Perkins for Deshone Kizer in my 2qb dynasty league so I hope he performs like poo poo for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Mike Zimmer hates rookies and the Vikings all but handed Murray the keys, so as long as he's healthy, Cook has no shot at being a factor this season. If the foot issue lingers, that could change things, but then again, knowing Zimmer, we'll just see Matt fuckin Asiata come back before we see Cook get significant touches.

Unless Dalvin Cook is some kind of rookie pass blocking wizard, I fully expect anyone who drafts him expecting anything more than a keeper/dynasty stash, is going to spend 2017 cursing the Vikings coaching staff

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Perine starting over Kelley seems reasonable. Gruden has no problem starting rookies, and Perine was selected post McCloughan and you can bet the front office wants to prove they're better than the GM they fired.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Can we do a "put it on the board," thing? I think it would be interesting to post morten a few of these argunents, come january.

I SAY PAUL PERKINS FINISHES AHEAD OF JONATHAN STEWART IN STANDARD SCORING

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Put it on the board:

J Stew outscores Paul Perkins in points per game

Kenny Britt is a WR2

Spencer Ware is a RB2 and outscores hunt

Tyreek Hill is not the Chiefs wr with the most targets

Zeke falls to low rb1 status and as a result Dez once again is a wr1

Sammy Watkins plays a full season and is a top 5 wr

CJ Prosise is the fantasy back own in Seattle

Eric Swoope is a top 10 tight end

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Guys, remember when Tevin Coleman was the hand picked guy for Shanahan? How's that working out for Freeman? :v:

Talent wins out. Hyde is really talented.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Matt Forte produces RB2 numbers for the first half of the season

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Papes posted:

Put it on the board:

J Stew outscores Paul Perkins in points per game

Well, duh, because J stew is going to put up 5 games before his body crumbles to dust

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That Zeke take :eyepop:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Papes posted:

Sammy Watkins plays a full season and is a top 5 wr

I lol'ed at this

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Is Dallas' line still good?

Yes?

Zeke gon eat

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Varg posted:

I lol'ed at this

Then put it on the board

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
We hold these truths to be self evident, that Sammy Watkins will not finish as a top five wide receiver...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Lukewarm takes on RBs (all PPR):

Paul Perkins will be worse than RB30

Ingram will outscore Peterson by >25%

David Johnson's season total will drop >50 points from his 2016 numbers

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Anyone have a link to an FFL rules draft/template? Need to get one put together for this season.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

Paul Perkins will be worse than RB30

I say Perkins will be among the top 30 in terms of total points in standard

PUT IT ON THE BOARD! *

* I'll make a board this weekend

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 12, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Matt Zerella posted:

Is Dallas' line still good?

Yes?

Zeke gon eat

Actually the line is not as good as last year and they were only a 9 Pythagorean win team with one of the easiest schedules. This year they have a much harder schedule and thus will find themselves playing from behind significantly more this season.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Papes posted:

Actually the line is not as good as last year and they were only a 9 Pythagorean win team with one of the easiest schedules. This year they have a much harder schedule and thus will find themselves playing from behind significantly more this season.

They're still returning three probowlers alongside excellent oline coaching. Collins is probably going to be fine at right tackle, so the real question is can whoever starts at left guard play at the same level as Ron Leary last year. I'd bet Cooper or Green can offer 75% of Leary. I'll only get worried if Collins ends up back at LG due to their incompetence.

Still four of their first five games are tough, and I fully expect a shift to more passing.

I'd be shocked if Dak can't manage 30 passing TDs this year plus another 4-5 on the ground.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 12, 2017

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I mean, it's not hard to imagine Dak improves some, they get Dez more involved, and Zeke just doesn't quite get the same opportunity. Being a low RB 1 would be a bit of a disappointment, but having a floor of RB1 and a ceiling of #1 RB really is enough to justify the draft spot.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Not sure if it was asked or said, but does anyone know if there's a rotopass promo code for this year?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
INCOMING TAKES

Joe Mixon is the top rookie back and finishes as an RB1.

Either AP or Marshawn Lynch returns to RB1 form. All haters are forced to deport themselves to Garbage Island.

Jordan Reed continues putting up elite points per game, thus earning his 4th/5th round ADP and making the six games he misses totally bearable!

Even though the Bucs drafted OJ Howard in the first, Cameron Brate (who is like #14-18 TE off the board currently) repeats as a TE1 and threatens for Top 5 status this year.

Dez Bryant stays healthy, performs like an elite WR1, and finishes in the Top 5.

Marvin Jones improves in his second year with the Lions, finishing as a solid WR2.

Curtis Samuel winds up being this year's Tyreek Hill, becoming a valuable cog in a Panthers passing game badly in need of playmakers who can consistently get open.

Not sure if these takes are :ssj: enough though... Might have to think of some more.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
My tight takes on tight ends

The season TE1-TE12 will be:
1. Gronk
2. Kelce
3. Doyle
4. Eifert
5. Ertz
6. Henry
7. Fleener
8. Graham
9. Rudolph
10. Howard
11. Reed
12. Witten

Other hot takes
Fournette will be the most productive rookie RB however in PPR he will be an RB2
Corey Davis, Zay Jones and Mike Williams will all be WR3s but will still be the most productive rookie WRs.
The Bengals offense will be a hot mess but Bernard will be a solid RB2 and will be healthy for the season.
Abdullah, Lynch and Gurley will be RB1s. AP will average ~50 yrds/gm at ~3.2 YPC and have < 8 TDs, ending up as a fringe RB2.
Torrey Smith will outproduce Jeffery.
Enunwa and Diggs will be WR2s, Landry will outperform both.
TY Hilton will get injured, Moncrief won't step up but Jack Doyle will.
Martavis Bryant will be an WR3 but have three weeks where he blows up. And he will be on your bench for two of those three weeks.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 13, 2017

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

^ Jared Cook finishes in the middle of the pack there somewhere

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if Cook, Ebron or Bennett end up in there somewhere.

Maybe take Reed and Eifert out due to injuries and two out of those three in there. I'm not sure Cook is going to get used that much though, they have plenty of weapons on that offense.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Delanie Walker should be in there unless there's something I don't know

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Varg posted:

Lol not a chance

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Don't sleep on Polish Hat. It's a contract year!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Final Tight End Ranks

1. Clive Walford
2. Belldozer
3. ASJ
4. Polish Hat
5. Eric Ebron
6. Will Tye

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

My tight takes on tight ends

The season TE1-TE12 will be:
1. Gronk
2. Kelce
3. Doyle
4. Eifert
5. Ertz
6. Henry
7. Fleener
8. Graham
9. Rudolph
10. Howard
11. Reed
12. Witten

Lol at Fleener above Graham, and especially at Doyle for TE3. You misspelled Walker there I think, easy mistake to make! I like it though.

Varg posted:

Lol

Amergin posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Cook, Ebron or Bennett end up in there somewhere.

Maybe take Reed and Eifert out due to injuries and two out of those three in there. I'm not sure Cook is going to get used that much though, they have plenty of weapons on that offense.

Cook obviously not, Ebron legit maybe (I still believe), Bennett lol no. Bennett was bad last year when Gronk only played 5 healthy games, going to GB is a big downgrade in situation.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amergin posted:

Torrey Smith will outproduce Jeffery.

loving lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Amergin noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooo

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Keith Atherton posted:

Delanie Walker should be in there unless there's something I don't know

I have a feeling with the additions of Decker and Davis and their shift to a run-based offense, Walker's usage will dip. Say going from 65/800/7 (188 in 1PPR) to 50/700/4 (144 total) which is about what Ebron got last year as TE14.

As a reference, 2016's top 12 TEs in 1PPR were:
1. Kelce 229
2. Rudolph 210
3. Olsen 209
4. Graham 192
5. Walker 188
6. Ertz 185
7. Bennett 171
8. Brate 170
9. Pitta 170
10. Reed 168
11. Witten 153
12. Gates 148

I think Olsen, Walker, Brate, Pitta and Gates drop out of this list by the end of this year. Bennett I'm on the fence on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

Not sure if it was asked or said, but does anyone know if there's a rotopass promo code for this year?

There was. It expired, but they just did a promotion and if you email them they might give it to you anyway.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Cook obviously not, Ebron legit maybe (I still believe), Bennett lol no. Bennett was bad last year when Gronk only played 5 healthy games, going to GB is a big downgrade in situation.
I don't agree that GB is a big downgrade for Bennett. He'll be the best TE Rodgers has had since Jermichael Finley and even though Jared Cook's full season numbers are bad, if you watched the playoffs and saw how much Rodgers leaned on Cook (18/229/2 in 3 games with two games over 10+ targets), I think you would be excited to see Bennett in GB.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Tiptoes posted:

I don't agree that GB is a big downgrade for Bennett. He'll be the best TE Rodgers has had since Jermichael Finley and even though Jared Cook's full season numbers are bad, if you watched the playoffs and saw how much Rodgers leaned on Cook (18/229/2 in 3 games with two games over 10+ targets), I think you would be excited to see Bennett in GB.

The problem is GB TE use seems to split, so for this season you'll have Bennett and Richard Rodgers (maybe Lance Kendricks?) splitting looks without much consistency. And you still have TyMont, Jordy and Adams to fight with for receptions.

But you're right that he's the best TE that team has seen in a while, so maybe he can take the position and run with it.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Eh Richard Rodgers was a complete nonfactor when Jared Cook was in the lineup. Averaged 2 targets and 15 yards a game. He's a serviceable blocking TE2 but I don't expect him to split looks.

Rodgers and Mike McCarthy mentioned repeatedly last season how Cook's addition helped the offense execute more effectively.

"Packers.Com posted:

“I think it's been very beneficial for both parties,” said Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy of Cook’s signing. “He had a couple of challenges there with the two injuries, but you can see right away that he's a unique talent. He's been a great fit for, not only our offense, but for our football team.”
Cook fit the bill when it came to McCarthy’s desire to bring in a dynamic playmaker who could attack the middle of defenses.
“When you have an athletic tight end, whether it’s Jermichael or Jared, there’s opportunities you try to create for them,” McCarthy said. “So playing in displaced formations for the tight end position, I mean, we’ve always done that here.
“He’s been a big part of our success,” Rodgers said. “He does a good job using his body. I mean, he’s a big man. He’s a tall, strong guy. Does a good job separating from coverages and, I’ll say it again, the comments I heard before he got to us was about his hands. We haven’t had any problems with that.”

"Around The NFL posted:

"I think Jared's return has been important, just giving us two tight ends that can get down the field," Rodgers explained in late December, via ESPN.com. "Obviously, he's a matchup issue when you split him out to his own side, as we've seen in various games."
Enjoying the luxury of an athletic seam-stretcher has been especially beneficial to Rodgers on third downs. Since Cook returned from injury in Week 11, Rodgers has completed 10 passes for 175 yards and a 118.2 rating on 13 third-down throws to the speedy tight end.
"I've talked about it since I got here: The fastest way to the end zone is through the middle of the field," coach Mike McCarthy said. "So the bigger target you have going down the field, the better it is for your quarterback, particularly more athletic, bigger throwing radius and all of that. Jared Cook has all of those attributes. He's been an excellent attribute to our football team."
And Rodgers was way more efficient when the offense had Cook on the field.

So the QB/staff understand what an athletic TE does for their offense and upgraded at the position with Bennett. There will be plenty of TDs to go around for everyone so he doesn't require the strongest target share to perform as a solid TE1.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Tiptoes posted:

Eh Richard Rodgers was a complete nonfactor when Jared Cook was in the lineup. Averaged 2 targets and 15 yards a game. He's a serviceable blocking TE2 but I don't expect him to split looks.

Here are some stats (tgts/rec/yds/tds) for the top two GB TEs (by # targets) since 2012 according to PFR:
2016:
Jared Cook 51/30/377/1
Richard Rodgers 47/30/271/2

2015:
Richard Rodgers 85/58/510/8
Andrew Quarless 5/4/31/0

2014:
Andrew Quarless 46/29/323/3
Richard Rodgers 30/20/225/2

2013:
Andrew Quarless 53/32/312/2
Jermichael Finley 34/25/300/3

2012:
Jermichael Finley 87/61/667/2
DJ Williams 15/7/57/0

So they might go all in on Bennett or they might split with R. Rodgers. Meaning Bennett could have a ceiling of ~ 60/800/8 (so top 5-10 TE) but he could also end up 30/400/3ish.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Final Tight End Ranks

1. Clive Walford
2. Belldozer
3. ASJ
4. Polish Hat
5. Eric Ebron
6. Will Tye

Um you forgot Austin Hooper. Rude.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Amergin posted:

I have a feeling with the additions of Decker and Davis and their shift to a run-based offense, Walker's usage will dip. Say going from 65/800/7 (188 in 1PPR) to 50/700/4 (144 total) which is about what Ebron got last year as TE14.

As a reference, 2016's top 12 TEs in 1PPR were:
1. Kelce 229
2. Rudolph 210
3. Olsen 209
4. Graham 192
5. Walker 188
6. Ertz 185
7. Bennett 171
8. Brate 170
9. Pitta 170
10. Reed 168
11. Witten 153
12. Gates 148

I think Olsen, Walker, Brate, Pitta and Gates drop out of this list by the end of this year. Bennett I'm on the fence on.

Olsen? You're talking about Greg Olsen, dropping out of a list of top 12 TE's? in 1 PPR?

Can you list 12 TE's that will all score more than Olsen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Amergin posted:

Here are some stats (tgts/rec/yds/tds) for the top two GB TEs (by # targets) since 2012 according to PFR:
2016:
Jared Cook 51/30/377/1
Richard Rodgers 47/30/271/2

2015:
Richard Rodgers 85/58/510/8
Andrew Quarless 5/4/31/0

2014:
Andrew Quarless 46/29/323/3
Richard Rodgers 30/20/225/2

2013:
Andrew Quarless 53/32/312/2
Jermichael Finley 34/25/300/3

2012:
Jermichael Finley 87/61/667/2
DJ Williams 15/7/57/0

So they might go all in on Bennett or they might split with R. Rodgers. Meaning Bennett could have a ceiling of ~ 60/800/8 (so top 5-10 TE) but he could also end up 30/400/3ish.
Again, Rodgers averaged 2 targets a game when Cook was active last year. Finley only played in six games in 2013 so no surprise the Quarless' numbers from 16 games look similar. And who gives a poo poo about what numbers Andrew Quarless and a rookie Richard Rodgers put up? So I'm not seeing any consistent splits here. They've just had lovely TEs since losing Finley.

• Locked thread