Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gio posted:

i dont mind little caesars pizza tbh. its not "good" but theres way worse. pizza pizza was the absolute loving worst pizza ive ever had, i dont know how you canucks eat that poo poo.

Little Caesars is good pizza if you're a college student and don't have a ton of money for food. At least, that's my personal experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

LumpyGumby posted:

Just a reminder.

I had no idea it was possible to look pass the whole way on a breakaway.

Also if we're posting wonderful moments from cellar dwellers last season this one warmed the cockles of my jaded Canucks heart:

or how the Canucks and Eriksson opened the season on home ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt9KxLBfB50

What a year.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 12, 2017

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Great news guys!

https://twitter.com/LCA_Detroit/status/884789478489030656

Remember the sketch-up they showed the public when they wanted to milk them for hundreds of millions of dollars?

Mmmm I want some crazy bread now...

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

LumpyGumby posted:

Just a reminder.

at first i thought he was going to do a sick spin-o-rama thru the legs dangle, but then... :negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a pretty good example for coaches to demonstrate why you never pass blind, ever. See it all the time in beer league, not sure why a paid professional is trying that poo poo.

Also if you get that close to the goalie with the puck you loving shoot it.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Little Caesars is good pizza if you're a college student and don't have a ton of money for food. At least, that's my personal experience.

Pretty much. Little Caesar's had a location within walking distance of one of my buddies in college so it was super convenient when we all got high as balls to get pizza.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

xzzy posted:

It's a pretty good example for coaches to demonstrate why you never pass blind, ever. See it all the time in beer league, not sure why a paid professional is trying that poo poo.

It wasn't even some awesome tricky drop pass, he just kinda spun and softly left the puck there.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

xzzy posted:

Unless it's a 2 on 0

https://streamable.com/o8ol

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

hifi posted:

The coyotes ended up getting gagner by way of tampa too. I think it's mostly because of the weird hard cap on salary in nba trades, so you have to ship off dead weight at the same time you're bringing a star in

At the risk of sounding pedantic, I would classify the Gagner deal has two seperate deals. He was traded to Tampa, and then they traded him an hour later. I don't remember it being reported as a 3-team deal at the time.

Kilza posted:

The most recent NHL 4 team trade happened during the 2009 NHL trade deadline:
Kings get: Justin Williams (CAR)
Canes get: Erik Cole (EDM), EDM 5th 2009 (EDM), CGY 2nd 2009 (LA)
Oilers get: Patrick O'Sullivan (LA), Ales Kotalik (BUF)
Sabres get: CAR 2nd 2009 (CAR)

Like above, I am going to sound pedantic, but the Kotalik for a 2nd was a separate deal. Edmonton had acquired the 2nd round pick in the 3-team deal, and then used it shortly after to trade for Kotalik. The pick was then used by Buffalo to trade for Dominic Moore, because I think this was the year that everyone expected the draft to be poo poo, so middling players got higher draft picks than normal.

The Oilers, like most things they did until last season, made two bad deals. O'Sullivan still had his shiny prospect glow on him, and while he flamed out of the NHL for off-ice reasons, he still didn't amount to anything while in an Edmonton uniform. Kotalik was a UFA at the end of the season, and left to go be bad in New York and Calgary.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
blind area passes are actually awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9iUN6Xh2s

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ligur posted:

I had no idea there were players named Slavin OR Pesce in the NHL. The Canes really fly under the radar huh.

The Canes 'fly under the radar' because they are incredibly loving cheap and never spend to the cap, a fact that Jim Rutherford trashes them for. They tied his hands when he managed there. $5.4m for a nobody defenseman seems like a stupid "quit calling me cheap" impulse measure.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Slavin is actually really good, people just don't pay attention to the Hurricanes.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Canes 'fly under the radar' because they are incredibly loving cheap and never spend to the cap, a fact that Jim Rutherford trashes them for. They tied his hands when he managed there. $5.4m for a nobody defenseman seems like a stupid "quit calling me cheap" impulse measure.

Jim Rutherford gave Cam Ward a 6 x $6.3M (2010 dollars) contract.

Apr 7, 2003

Mike_V posted:

Jim Rutherford gave Cam Ward a 6 x $6.3M (2010 dollars) contract.

Jim Rutherford also has back-to-back Stanley Cups in the salary cap era, which means that I'll trust his judgment over that of anyone currently working for the Hurricanes.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

hifi posted:

ASU hockey has a few games at gila river arena and they host the tournaments there but mostly they play at oceanside ice which is a public rink that seats maybe 150

edit: and the proposed asu/coyotes arena deal would have a big hockey arena for the coyotes and a smaller one that would be better than asu's current location and also used for coyotes practices.

Isn't Austin Lemieux going to ASU this year? He was just at rookie camp for the Penguins.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

hifi posted:

edit: and the proposed asu/coyotes arena deal would have a big hockey arena for the coyotes and a smaller one that would be better than asu's current location and also used for coyotes practices.

ASU told the Coyotes to get hosed. There is no proposed deal.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Citizen Tayne posted:

Slavin is good.

Apr 7, 2003

Technetium posted:

Slavin is good.

Call me when he's got a verifiable record. Schultz is making $5.5m a year and he's got two Stanley Cups and he's playing for a capped team.

Carolina never ever spends to the cap.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Citizen Tayne posted:

Call me when he's got a verifiable record. Schultz is making $5.5m a year and he's got two Stanley Cups and he's playing for a capped team.

Carolina never ever spends to the cap.

I forgot cups were the only way to judge talent

Apr 7, 2003

Technetium posted:

Luckily, you've been reminded.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Technetium posted:

Chris Osgood Nhl hall of famer

Apr 7, 2003

stab posted:

Chris Osgood Nhl hall of famer

Ben Roethlisburger is objectively as good as John Elway.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Ben Roethlisburger is objectively as good as John Elway.

And Dave Schultz, Bob Kelly and the remainder of the Broad Street Bullies are objectively as good as Sidney Crosby.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Schlesische posted:

And Dave Schultz, Bob Kelly and the remainder of the Broad Street Bullies are objectively as good as Sidney Crosby.

Nuh uh crosby is twice as good

Apr 7, 2003

Schlesische posted:

Yep. The seventies were a longass fuckin' time ago though.

Apr 7, 2003

Luckily, 2018 will elevate Sidney over the garbage from Philadelphia.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Shame Crosby won't remember his success in 5 years

Apr 7, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Shame Crosby won't remember his success in 5 years

Wishing brain damage on one of the best athletes who has ever played the game because he doesn't play for your team is poor form.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who's wishing anything, it's already happened.

Apr 7, 2003

xzzy posted:

I've actually met and spoke with Sid and he doesn't come across as a brain-damaged retard. He comes across as a guy who has nothing else in his life besides hockey.

I seriously think he's gay but afraid of being gay so he does hockey instead.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

xzzy posted:

HOCKEY... GOOOOOOD.
FLYERS... BAAAAAAD.

e:
Though I guess Geno looks more the Frankenstein's monster part...

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Citizen Tayne posted:

I've actually met and spoke with Sid and he doesn't come across as a brain-damaged retard. He comes across as a guy who has nothing else in his life besides hockey.

I seriously think he's gay but afraid of being gay so he does hockey instead.

I hope you wore your good khakis.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Gio posted:

i dont mind little caesars pizza tbh. its not "good" but theres way worse. pizza pizza was the absolute loving worst pizza ive ever had, i dont know how you canucks eat that poo poo.

Honestly the pan style pizza they sell is loving good.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Citizen Tayne posted:

I don't think it's about not spending to the cap, it's more about a team that simply didn't have the talent and needed to build through the draft to get the necessary talent to fill their lineup (which they're looking to do right about now).

That, and a decade-long goaltending disaster.

Apr 7, 2003

Zodijackylite posted:

I don't think it's about not spending to the cap, it's more about a team that simply didn't have the talent and needed to build through the draft to get the necessary talent to fill their lineup (which they're looking to do right about now).

That, and a decade-long goaltending disaster.

The Hurricanes are the Pirates of hockey

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

I've actually met and spoke with Sid and he doesn't come across as a brain-damaged retard.

I guess y'all had nothing to talk about, then :mrgw:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gio posted:

Pizza Pizza is the only fast food I can think of that's objectively disgusting but literally everyone I know will eat it, mostly out of childhood nostalgia and sheer availability.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Koopa Kid posted:

Pizza Pizza is the only fast food I can think of that's objectively disgusting but literally everyone I know will eat it, mostly out of childhood nostalgia and sheer availability.

It's the second one. Also the only reason anyone has ever consumed the food at Tim Hortons.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

JoelJoel posted:

It's the second one. Also the only reason anyone has ever consumed the food at Tim Hortons.

Donuts are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

JoelJoel posted:

the bagels are serviceable

e: it's offseason food chat!

• Locked thread