Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm glad that even with where all this is going, I can still get a laugh out of that last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep. Still some laffs even during the darkest chapter.

What number is the last chapter? 190?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
19 to go.....
:saddowns:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Time to pay the piper, principal. :getin:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Artificer posted:

Time to pay the piper, principal. :getin:

I liked that Akane clearly had the wisdom not to try to change the past even though she hated the outcome too. She realized it was an essential learning experience for her despite everything.

That's also explains why she was glad to see Youko actually feeding. Thinking about it, I bet she'll become an actual cool beauty once her vampirization is done.

With only 19 chapters left, will we have enough time to wrap up all the side character plots? It seems a bit rushed.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 6, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

There Bias Two posted:

I liked that Akane clearly had the wisdom not to try to change the past even though she hated the outcome too. She realized it was an essential learning experience for her despite everything.

That's also explains why she was glad to see Youko actually feeding. Thinking about it, I bet she'll become an actual cool beauty once her vampirization is done.

With only 19 chapters left, will we have enough time to wrap up all the side character plots? It seems a bit rushed.

I think we've already wrapped most of them up at this point? We know from Tarage we aren't getting any more on Shiho, all the guy friends are basically done, same with present Nagisa, Mikan and Akari. We just sort of finished out the bulk of Genjirou and Touko until the wrap up.

The only ones we really have left are Akane and Rin in any significant way. Everyone else is just incredibly minor or doesn't really have a plot to wrap up.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There's also the thing with the charismatic pervert. I figured Shiho would confront her at some point.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I almost feel bad for Akane and anyone who'll stand in Nagisa's way after that last page :black101:

And have fun at the con, Tarage! Your work's highly appreciated, and you deserve to have a shitload of fun!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Akari in that last panel is such a breath of fresh air. I'm glad this manga is allowed to be funny again after the last couple of chapters. Honestly looking forward to seeing how this all ends.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

CommissarMega posted:

Man, I almost feel bad for Akane and anyone who'll stand in Nagisa's way after that last page :black101:

And have fun at the con, Tarage! Your work's highly appreciated, and you deserve to have a shitload of fun!

I already went to the con. It was last week. That's where one of the 100,000+ bastards there gave me a cold.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Tarage posted:

I already went to the con. It was last week. That's where one of the 100,000+ bastards there gave me a cold.

Rule #1 of con-going: NEVER TOUCH ANYONE.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I havent read this in a long rear end time and I cant find my place. Which chapter has them actually start going out and being quizzed in the princiapals office cause that was about when i quit

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Meme Emulator posted:

I havent read this in a long rear end time and I cant find my place. Which chapter has them actually start going out and being quizzed in the princiapals office cause that was about when i quit

87?

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Mirage posted:

Rule #1 of con-going: NEVER TOUCH ANYONE.

I thought Rule #1 was to always remember the con party/hookup triangle
Sane - Attractive - Legal
Pick 1.

Con Plague is the best example of herd immunity. That many people from different areas coming together who normally have little social contact, everyone gets sick with something. It's the worlds worst pot luck.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Tarage posted:

https://bato.to/reader#70df1e8019fc50ef

So here's the deal. Everyone worked their butts off to get everything done early before we went to Anime Expo. The plan was that I would typeset it on Tuesday night when I got back and then we'd release it on Wednesday as normal. Sadly, I got back super late, and I caught a cold at the con, so I feel like poo poo. But, because I didn't want the hard work everyone put in to go to waste, I sudafed' up and burned this out. There may be mistakes, because I only did a very quick QC on 4chan after I finished typesetting it, so we might need a V2, but otherwise I wanted to release it tonight, if a bit late. I'm sorry it's late, but I hope you enjoy it. And to those of you who are worried by this new, much darker tone to Jitsu wa, trust me when I say there will be comedy in the coming chapters. Yes, we are entering the final arc with chapter 178, but there is humor mixed in to the climax. Please enjoy it, and please support the series by buying the official translations.

You're the best! \o/

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
https://bato.to/reader#4843334680d48492

Also could have been titled: "Let's learn what happens in the future."

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

oh no principal ate too much chocolate and is now lying face down in some melty chocolate

she's going to have a real bad stomach ache

from all the chocolate

please

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was...that was not cute OR dumb.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
If it makes you feel any better, the next chapter is about Asahi trying to figure out how to broach the topic of Youko's 'bat in the cave'.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarage posted:

If it makes you feel any better, the next chapter is about Asahi trying to figure out how to broach the topic of Youko's 'bat in the cave'.

No, no that does not help. I need a happy resolution to Akane's fate immediately.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

There Bias Two posted:

No, no that does not help. I need a happy resolution to Akane's fate immediately.

You're gonna be waiting a bit I'm sorry to say.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Oh dear. That panel with happy parents Youko and Asahi and their cute daughterpire appears to have broken me

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Oh
Oh no.
Ohhh no...
I'm both excited and the most terrified I've ever been.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Everything is going to be daijoubu. If I keep saying that it'll come true.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Hey, look on the bright side. If she's dead, it confirms that the future can be changed :science:

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
It's the second time I think this but Masuda Eiji does a fantastic Junji Ito impression.

So when is Asahi gonna find out who broke the last principal's heart and make it all better so everyone can live happily ever after

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh man Asahi

You got your girlfriend Teen Pregnant.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
BLUUUUUUUUUDD PREGNANNNNNNNT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn05qpn2e1Y&t=40s

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh spare me, she'll be back in 5 chapters to dropkick the lame principal in the face

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Obviously, the despair in this thread is likely mostly kayfabe

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

akari has probably done worse

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Everything we've read up to this point has prepared us for this. We have been immersed in a world of dumb and cute, all for the day where things would suddenly not be cute anymore.

Be strong. Things will be dumb and cute again, I believe it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
So does this mean Mikan's future husband is the vampire hunter who showed up a while ago?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Sindai posted:

So does this mean Mikan's future husband is the vampire hunter who showed up a while ago?

No, it means it means it's Okada who's mother will re-marry said vampire hunter's father, and so his name will no longer be Okada but Kiryuin.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

No, it means it means it's Okada who's mother will re-marry said vampire hunter's father, and so his name will no longer be Okada but Kiryuin.

Okada seems to adapt to his step-dad's stuff absurdly quickly since he's already wearing a vampire hunter sword in the like one year flash-forward

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tarage posted:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

This is a stark reminder of the need for adequate sex ed, even for mythical creatures.

as true now as it was then

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Zore posted:

Okada seems to adapt to his step-dad's stuff absurdly quickly since he's already wearing a vampire hunter sword in the like one year flash-forward

Well, if you find out your friend was in love with a vampire and poo poo went down where she vanished, it kinda makes sense that you'd learn as much as you can about them to try to help.

Just chalk it up to Oka being a bro.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress, Masuda? What. The. gently caress? My body is not ready. :negative:

Thanks for the update though, Tarage! You're a bro of the highest order. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I know you keep promising things will get better, Tarage, but you keep only being half right. It's good jokes and sight gags, and then a whole bunch of poo poo happens. You half-liar.

• Locked thread