Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The only TV recording I've been to was when I was in the audience on Question Time. The panelists were Ian Paisley Jr., Alex Maskey, Kate Hoey and some other ones I don't remember.

I liked Kate Hoey best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Akuma posted:

Fresh Meat just about justifies Jack Whitehall's existence. It's pretty good.

Decline and Fall got good reviews...

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Terrible news everyone, Grotbags died.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ookiimarukochan posted:

Terrible news everyone, Grotbags died.

Aww no :smith:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

In much much better news:

https://twitter.com/AccidentalP/sta...296955312246784

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Alan Partridge sending up the vacuity of the One Show is an excellent thing.

Goons: does anybody know of any recent fake interview comedies - totally scripted stuff like Knowing Me Knowing You and Man To Man with Dean Learner? It was always one of my favourite micro-genres but I'm not sure if there's even been a decent one since Dean Learner, and that was (gently caress) ten years ago. Anybody recall anything?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Matinee posted:

Goons: does anybody know of any recent fake interview comedies - totally scripted stuff like Knowing Me Knowing You and Man To Man with Dean Learner? It was always one of my favourite micro-genres but I'm not sure if there's even been a decent one since Dean Learner, and that was (gently caress) ten years ago. Anybody recall anything?

What was the music profiles thing with Matt Lucas and Walliams?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't get Dean Learner. I didn't really get Darkplace either. Even when the joke is that it's crap... Well, it's still crap. :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Steve Coogan has been great recently, he seems to have got fully behind the jam man, him and Adam Buxton talk politics a bit in Buxton's podcast.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Matinee posted:

Closest I can think of is Mrs Merton and Keith Barrett, except both were about characters interviewing real people. Can't even speak to the quality of them either because I haven't seen them in 10+ years.

I'd recommend looking up Clive Anderson interviewing Peter Cook on his show. Peter Cook did these short interviews where he played several different characters and improvised answers to the open ended questions that Anderson threw at him. They're loving incredible, but I think they've been taken off YouTube.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Those Peter Cook things are fantastic, yeah.

I was thinking about Mrs Merton/Ali G, and how the closest we have to that these days is the abandoned-at-a-nunnery deformed bastard descendant that is Keith Lemon, and became quite depressed.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Gorn Myson posted:

Closest I can think of is Mrs Merton and Keith Barrett, except both were about characters interviewing real people. Can't even speak to the quality of them either because I haven't seen them in 10+ years.

I'd recommend looking up Clive Anderson interviewing Peter Cook on his show. Peter Cook did these short interviews where he played several different characters and improvised answers to the open ended questions that Anderson threw at him. They're loving incredible, but I think they've been taken off YouTube.

'Why Bother' with Cook and Chris Morris is still on there. Audio thing from Radio... 3? I think?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

What was the music profiles thing with Matt Lucas and Walliams?

Rock Profiles? That was closer to 20 years ago than 10 years ago so hardly "recent"

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

There were the interview bits of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle with Chris Morris/Armando Iannucci.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Unkempt posted:

'Why Bother' with Cook and Chris Morris is still on there. Audio thing from Radio... 3? I think?
Oh yeah, theres loads of Peter Cook stuff up on YouTube thats awesome (and I recommend anyone to check out the old Beyond the Fringe sketches as well) but its just that specifically those interviews that I couldn't find.

Derek and Clive is probably up there too. I'm pretty sure its on Spotify as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ookiimarukochan posted:

Rock Profiles? That was closer to 20 years ago than 10 years ago so hardly "recent"

Oh god, I'm so old.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

Oh yeah, theres loads of Peter Cook stuff up on YouTube thats awesome (and I recommend anyone to check out the old Beyond the Fringe sketches as well) but its just that specifically those interviews that I couldn't find.

Derek and Clive is probably up there too. I'm pretty sure its on Spotify as well.

Well yeah but 'Why Bother' is specifically improvised interviews with Sir Arthur Strebe-Greebling just like Clive Anderson did.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

You're right. Christ, I haven't listened to it in years so I completely forgot.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Crystal Maze running through the same challenges in two episodes seemed cheap given the budget, even if it's true to the original show

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

Crystal Maze running through the same challenges in two episodes seemed cheap given the budget, even if it's true to the original show

I think the balancing-apples one has been in every episode so far, hasn't it?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
'Murdered for being different' was devastating stuff.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

David Coulthard completely failing to understand the purpose of the lights game was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. :allears:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Simon Amstel interview with... is it Tim Key?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

You're right. Christ, I haven't listened to it in years so I completely forgot.

Found the Cook/Anderson stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjE7XlYIAIY

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I was outraged last night that the best the BBC could come up with for their 9pm slot was a loving peter Kay clip show.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I hope they're doctor who is Miranda

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I hope it's Miranda and also idris Elba wearing the same suit.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nryiwb1gcBA

It feels a bit like a casting choice to please a loud crowd, but I'm not going to complain about a Doctor I can cast my male gaze over. Time to rewatch Attsck the Block.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I've got a lot of time for Ross kemp

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Neat and oh god I can hear the screams of rage already from my house.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Its only been a few hours since the announcement and the Daily Mail have already dug up topless screenshots of Jodie Whittaker from some movie back in 2014.

gently caress they really are reprehensible aren't they?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Its only been a few hours since the announcement and the Daily Mail have already dug up topless screenshots of Jodie Whittaker from some movie back in 2014.

How are they using them? Is it the BAN THIS SICK FILTH of the print version or HAVE A BANG AT HER TITS of the online version or a bit of both?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Absolutely sickening. Got a link?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The first handful of comments actually aren't uniformly terrible.

(Disclaimer: comments may have changed since I posted link.)

Edit: Oh, yeah, NSFW btw.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm pretty sure the first picture is from Venus, which they don't even mention and if anything the best part about that is that she holds her own with loving Peter O'Toole.

I also kind of love the Daily Mail having a very shameful relationship with the whole concept of sex. They want to indulge in their fantasies but hide behind them with disgust. Its no wonder the middle classes are so hosed up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, the Mail Online is practically a celebrity gossip magazine. It's the most visited news-related website in the world not because of any viewpoint it espouses or any stance it adopts but because it has the best pictures of celebrities on the beach. Quite frankly, I'm amazed they haven't put a a copyright on the phrases "showed off her toned body" or "showed off her figure" yet, so often do they use them.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 16, 2017

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

I'm pretty sure the first picture is from Venus, which they don't even mention and if anything the best part about that is that she holds her own with loving Peter O'Toole.

I also kind of love the Daily Mail having a very shameful relationship with the whole concept of sex. They want to indulge in their fantasies but hide behind them with disgust. Its no wonder the middle classes are so hosed up.

That's the bit that really pisses me off. "holy hell the doctor is hot" would at least be honest.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Oh, the Mail Online is practically a celebrity gossip magazine.

It's pretty clever the way they've hooked so many massive demographics, who now read their hate speech alongside their Kate Middleton clickbait.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Oh, the Mail Online is practically a celebrity gossip magazine. It's the most visited news-related website in the world not because of any viewpoint it espouses or any stance it adopts but because it has the best pictures of celebrities on the beach. Quite frankly, I'm amazed they haven't put a a copyright on the phrases "showed off her toned body" or "showed off her figure" yet, so often do they use them.
Lets not forget "all grown up now".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Lets not forget "all grown up now".

...I have to take a shower just reading that.