Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

I love all of you who think KD wasn't in on that joke you're all priceless hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't get the in on the joke thing.

What does fake being mad add to the joke, at least from his perspective.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Eltoasto posted:

So is this how Lonzo fixed his shot?

LaVar sent him to bed without dinner for that.

Zogo posted:

I have verified eleven voters that have participated in all four years. There may've been more but there are a lot that left the name field blank or put in strange names.

code:
Voter			Four year total (118 max):
Jack's Flow		71
Props Department	71
JesusSinfulHands	69
Strawberry Panda	69
chunkles		68
Dejan Bimble		67
Zogo			67
spacebump		66
Lockback		65
PantsFreeZone		63
Rick			63
Jack's Flow and Props Department barely pass with a 60.2% accuracy.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 13, 2017

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

Please please SVG, get in on this and get rid of Drummond. Also finalize that trade with New Orleans. I know nothing about the players we would get in return, but blow the whole thing up. the Drummond and Reggie team is dead in the water.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TheKevman posted:

I love all of you who think KD wasn't in on that joke you're all priceless hahaha

Yeah in fact he probably wrote it himself too. He said to the writers' table okay we're gonna have Peyton make that joke about how I switch to whatever team is already the best, and then everyone will laugh at me then I'll look sad and distraught and deeply troubles, which I can do at will because I'm an excellent actor, and also I'll not really do or say anything while everyone laughs at me for a while. It'll be great stuff, ideal for my image.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

nagel posted:

Please please SVG, get in on this and get rid of Drummond. Also finalize that trade with New Orleans. I know nothing about the players we would get in return, but blow the whole thing up. the Drummond and Reggie team is dead in the water.

I hear Drummond had septum surgery and is coming back strong

like he basically couldn't breathe this season

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

EvanTH posted:

I hear Drummond had septum surgery and is coming back strong

like he basically couldn't breathe this season

Yeah? I hope you are right. Would being able to breathe improve Drummond's ft%?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ever since I learned that Eminem was in on all the jokes that MTV played on him I never trust a pouty face at an awards show.

Eltoasto posted:

He's been wearing Kobes the whole time, this is just the loudest pair so far.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't get the in on the joke thing.

What does fake being mad add to the joke, at least from his perspective.

Are you serious?

It provides food and entertainment to people like you who think he had no clue.

Tomorrow every ESPN show will talk about it from First Take to PTI to ATH to SC6 to whatever else ESPN badly needs to fill. It's the lowest of low hanging fruit.

It was a funny joke to begin with but watching everyone else think it's real and he had no clue is the funniest part.

Rick posted:

Ever since I learned that Eminem was in on all the jokes that MTV played on him I never trust a pouty face at an awards show.

As always, Rick, you're one step ahead of everyone else :cheers:

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 13, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TheKevman posted:

It was a funny joke to begin with but watching everyone else think it's real and he had no clue is the funniest part.

Making yourself look like a humorless doofus while everyone is laughing AT you not WITH you, what a great joke

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What if I don't think KD is a bitch for some comedy bit because that's obviously what it was and rather because I never stopped thinking he was bitch made in the first place?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

TheKevman posted:

Are you serious?

Tomorrow every ESPN show will talk about it from First Take to PTI to ATH to SC6 to whatever else ESPN badly needs to fill. It's the lowest of low hanging fruit.

As always, Rick, you're one step ahead of everyone else :cheers:

All that does is hurt his brand though.

I guess unless you believe the old cliche that there's no such thing as bad publicity?

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Charlz Guybon posted:

I guess unless you believe the old cliche that there's no such thing as bad publicity?

It only hurts his brand if people think it's real. It will make the rounds today as if it were legitimate, then tomorrow or the next day someone employed in another Disney subsidiary will interview Peyton about what a fantastic job he did hosting and he'll confirm that it was rehearsed and maybe even say it was Durant's idea in the first place, depending on how hard he gets raked over the coals today.

So instead of looking totally shook, it'll look like he's so far beyond that stuff that he's cracking jokes about it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sheriff posted:

It only hurts his brand if people think it's real. It will make the rounds today as if it were legitimate, then tomorrow or the next day someone employed in another Disney subsidiary will interview Peyton about what a fantastic job he did hosting and he'll confirm that it was rehearsed and maybe even say it was Durant's idea in the first place, depending on how hard he gets raked over the coals today.

So instead of looking totally shook, it'll look like he's so far beyond that stuff that he's cracking jokes about it.

Nah he a shook bitch

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/885225288061394944

Is Ben Simmons tiny or has LeBron finally broken me

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm going to assume you have never watched an award show in your life

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/885420196873109504

Averaged a robust 4 and 3 on 43% shooting as a center in the NBA but THOSE EURO STATS THO

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/885420196873109504

Averaged a robust 4 and 3 on 43% shooting as a center in the NBA but THOSE EURO STATS THO

Presumably you'd be bringing him over for his defense (which was good in Europe)

AggressivelyStupid posted:

LeBron is huge, you can't judge mortals by those standards

Eltoasto posted:

I wonder how much money they're going to eat on those shoes

What's AliExpress' return policy

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Eltoasto posted:

The Ivan Oozes

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is Lonzo really not wearing his own shoe brand? They must be really bad if that's the case.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I really hoped that they would actually fall apart during an NBA game, but this is the next best thing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TheKevman posted:

I know it is like your job to be the biggest homer on the planet but..

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I want to know what a shirtless 80 year old LeBron is going to look like. I would use a better example for Old Tats like Birdman but let's be honest; he isn't going to live past like 45.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who is the white guy?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who is the white guy?

The Designated Small Friend

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats gordon hayward

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So is the new too cool for school :smug: thing is to claim all event and award show burns are scripted. Are you telling me Drake and Draymond were in on it together

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh and a "it gets people talking about me even if it's bad things" too. Guess we are back in Intro To Marketing. Need some intro level Nietzsche to tie into this to complete the freshman schedule

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 13, 2017

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I believe Durant has a fragile ego and I also believe ESPN is risk-averse enough that they'd try to avoid insulting one of their biggest moneymakers unless someone gave the thumbs up

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

I believe Durant has a fragile ego and I also believe ESPN is risk-averse enough that they'd try to avoid insulting one of their biggest moneymakers unless someone gave the thumbs up

Counterpoint Peyton Manning is an rear end in a top hat

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I believe Kevin Durant is a bitch and ESPN did not ask him because they knew the worst case scenario was Durant just begging them for a job.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Actually, I'd find it hilarious that the only time KD was able to act convincingly was when he was pretending to be shook.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Metapod posted:

Counterpoint Peyton Manning is an rear end in a top hat

He's a funny man and also he that has not dipped their balls on another's forehead among you, let him cast the first stone.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Tea bagging was just a thing in the 90s. It didn't go out of style because it's inappropriate, it went out of style because online video games blew up and this new generation of lazy millennials just virtually tea bag instead of going outside to do it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

TheKevman posted:

Are you serious?

At first I was laughing at KD, now I'm laughing at you too

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
let Durant write a player's tribune piece about it. I'm here for Russell Westbrook's barely contained glee.

and i cant stop laughing at this sentence:

TheKevman posted:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I'm the white nerd on the left.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'd love to be a white nerd who hangs out with LBJ and the artist formerly known as enormous baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I suppose it's possible KD was playing up the anger for laughs, but if he was whoo boy is he bad at selling it.

• Locked thread