Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i feel bad for the lad tbh, he could have had a solid a-league career but he was def the new whipping boy at the club. hope he's ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Mitch Nichols likes a bit of blow.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That just means he's a sportsperson in Australia

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thoughts from tonight's game

Liverpool are so far above Sydney, even with long retired players out there that it's not funny

Abc is garbage for football. Especially the commentators

SD is garbage in general

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Thoughts from tonight's game

Liverpool are so far above Sydney, even with long retired players out there that it's not funny

Abc is garbage for football. Especially the commentators

SD is garbage in general

Eh I'm used him listening to the radio calls when I cant get fox.

Be interesting to see how it rates, given it may be the new home on FTA.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's like someone has smeared Vaseline on all the cameras. Is this what it's like for people watching sport on fta all the time?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

It's like someone has smeared Vaseline on all the cameras. Is this what it's like for people watching sport on fta all the time?

Ah SD sport, how I miss you not.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
https://twitter.com/ditbpod/status/867988825598853121

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Well at least ABC didn't get the rights.

Probably the best outcome. Interesting the fiscal value some fans thought it was worth. What commercial network already on the bones of it's arse will pay top dollar for something not called NRL, AFL or Cricket? Given Ten and Nein are on the never ending verge of bankruptcy and gently caress SEVEN eternally.

Mind you sports going from Fox to Ten have a pretty good track record. And the rumors of the BBL going to Nein are getting stronger, so if the Ten hype machines winds up, the results could be good.

fuxsports posted:

A-League broadcast deal: Channel Ten, Fox Sports to take Australian football to more fans than ever

June 1, 2017 9:00pm
Source: FOX SPORTS

NETWORK Ten will broadcast A-League and Socceroos matches in a deal agreed with Football Federation Australia and Fox Sports to deliver Australian football to more fans than ever before.

A Saturday night A-League match and all finals clashes will be shown on Network Ten from the start of the 2017-2018 season, as well as Socceroos games once this World Cup Qualifying cycle has ended.

Network Ten’s ‘One’ channel will take a live simulcast of Fox Sports’ 7.30pm Saturday night match next season, meaning the code’s best commentary team featuring the likes of Mark Bosnich, Robbie Slater, Simon Hill, Adam Peacock, Andy Harper and Tara Rushton will deliver their coverage to more fans than in the game’s history.

The deal comes after Fox Sports signed a six-year agreement with the FFA to continue live coverage of every A-League game, along with coverage of the Socceroos, Matildas, W-League and FFA Cup.

“This is a win for football fans and an opportunity for us to showcase our game on a commercial network with a recent history of successfully covering major sport,” said Football Federation Australia chief executive David Gallop.

“We will take the biggest matches of the Hyundai A League - such as the Saturday night derbies - into every household in Australia live for the first time,” he added.

“It is part of the overall broadcast deal with Fox Sports and means that we will be working with them to drive interest and subscriptions to their ‘all games live’ coverage of the Hyundai A-League.

“It is terrific to have a new and enthusiastic partner in Network Ten to promote the game.”

Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “We are very proud to partner with Football Federation Australia and Fox Sports to bring the Hyundai A-League to our viewers on One and tenplay every Saturday night.

“From October this year, 27 home and away Saturday night matches and five finals – plus Socceroos matches from next year – will have a new home on free-to-air television. We will provide a consistent timeslot on One for 30 weeks of the year, promoting the Hyundai A-League and its best game each week to all of Australia.

“We are looking forward to working with Fox Sports and Football Federation Australia to broadcast the Hyundai A-League to our viewers live on One and live streamed on tenplay.”

Fox Sports CEO, Patrick Delany said: “This is a great result for football fans in Australia. The arrangement between Fox Sports and Network Ten will ensure more fans than ever before get to watch the best Australian footballers in action every week.

“A prime-time Saturday night A-League match on free-to-air, featuring Fox Sports’ expert commentators and world class production, will help grow the game and build football for long-term success.”

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
We don't deserve to loving quality

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Australia is absolute garbage lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
lol that terrible penalty call

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Byolante posted:

lol that terrible penalty call

refs in asia hate us

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I want to hug and kiss Tom Rogic

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm the social media outrage about KSA not respecting a minute of silence for women killed in a sunni terror attack

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Byolante posted:

I'm the social media outrage about KSA not respecting a minute of silence for women killed in a sunni terror attack

thanks for the d&d update

good take for the third goal by australia didnt see the rest of the match

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

fat greasy puto posted:

thanks for the d&d update

good take for the third goal by australia didnt see the rest of the match

You missed a whole lot of bad football by both teams. The second goal was pretty good by Australia.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Byolante posted:

You missed a whole lot of bad football by both teams. The second goal was pretty good by Australia.

It was some of the worst defending I've ever seen for that goal tbh

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Getting real excited about these new Jets signings, and we still have three marque spots to fill and cash to spend

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Getting real excited about these new Jets signings, and we still have three marque spots to fill and cash to spend

Does that mean the jest will sing the devante clut song now?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
A-League Draw is out: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyundai-a-league-201718-season-draw-released/1qvhm9sty9iq213ehxo5fd8buh

Pretty good for us Sauce boys.

But in bigger news Phil Moss has been signed by Sydney as an assistant coach, thus proving these are surely the end times.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They are playing highlights of Ray Parlour at the match on the big screens

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haha and he's here 😂

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Twat le Piss posted:

They are playing highlights of Ray Parlour at the match on the big screens

Cunts better know my thread posts are copyright

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Looks like James Troisi is going to Maccabi Haifa. In a World Cup year.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shmoses posted:

He has the worst advisors of any player ever

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Eff Eff Ayy cup night fuckers, hellas are gonna edgeworths poo poo in

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Countdown to first aleague club embarrassingly punted by a state league club.

Mariners at unbackable odds.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Note that three of the games are streamed live off foxsports.com.au

Main action on foxsports 505.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

Countdown to first aleague club embarrassingly punted by a state league club.

Mariners at unbackable odds.

I dunno, Brisbane's new look 400 year old strike force might struggle against the under 16s somewhere

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

News in literally this hour, he might be headed back to victory after the move to city fell through.
So he went vuck > Brighton > Portland timbers > maccabi haifa > city > vucks again.

Diiiiickhead

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
James... sack your agent mate

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rip Les Murray

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

NTRabbit posted:

rip Les Murray

Les meant many things to people out there. His work was without peer for the game, and for that he will be missed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I always liked that he tried to pronounce names of teams and players as they were in their native tongue, rather than butchering them with an Australian or English accent like most pundits here and in the UK

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
" I canski, youcantski, weallcanski passes to lostmyhousekey he passes to Smith ... i hope i pronounced that correctly "

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Off to Olympic Park tonight to watch Heidelberg United humiliate Perth Glory and smash some gyros :getin:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Shmoses posted:

Off to Olympic Park tonight to watch Heidelberg United humiliate Perth Glory and smash some gyros :getin:

Pretty even so far.

Cute assistant ref too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
It's loving cold.

• Locked thread