Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm sure atleast part of Alonso's phenomenal results is from him getting fed up after fifteen laps, saying "gently caress it, it'll only blow up anyways" and cranking the engine up. So ya Stoffel, managing the car is dumb.

This absolutely has to be the case, combined with him being tired as gently caress of sitting in a non-competitve car. What are they going to do, fire him? They have literally no other option other than just sitting there while he gives them the finger. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mrfart posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised they signed him for next year. I was sure they were gonna use him as a sacrificial lamb for the fanboys and blame some of the poo poo results on him.

And maybe it's true and he's not good enough, but he didn't get much of a chance.
In the Belgian press he talks about never getting to race, constantly 'managing' the car (trying to not blow up the Honda engine), In a way, he's still their test driver. Alonso is of course a superior driver, but he also gets to give the team the middle finger and push the car to (and over) it's limits.
We'll see next year, if Honda manages to pull a half respectable engine out of their arse by then.

I will be shocked if Mclaren is using Hondas next year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

There's zero chance of MCLRN Honda next year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Uhh I'm going to side with the ghost of Wicka here and say they're going to be McLaren Honda next year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

There's zero chance of MCLRN Honda next year.

It'll be McLaren Tag, where it's just a rebranded Honda 2016 engine.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

iospace posted:

More like McLaren Richard Mille (or RM)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Stoffel's kind pootling around at the minute because he doesn't have a well of goodwill to draw from or whatever the hell metaphor I'm trying for. If Alonso bins it trying too hard, it's the car's fault. If The Stoff does it, it's the driver's fault. Plus he hasn't built up years of confidence in his own ability.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HJB posted:

Stoffel's kind pootling around at the minute because he doesn't have a well of goodwill to draw from or whatever the hell metaphor I'm trying for. If Alonso bins it trying too hard, it's the car's fault. If The Stoff does it, it's the driver's fault. Plus he hasn't built up years of confidence in his own ability.

This, but with Max, is common here.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

The people in youtube chat are calling it GP2 music. I'm fully into the idea of using GP2 to call things poo poo in everyday life.

Somebody in IRC called Grenfell Tower GP2 apartment block.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That was me. You're welcome, London.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Is that video loaded anywhere else, the link for it has been set to private.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

HJB posted:

I don't think Stoff has had any particularly stupid crashes other than the one in Monaco. He's got a hell of a lot of good will in that team, Palmer is the only other driver that far off his team mate and is dogged by rumors he's going to be replaced midseason.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Uhh I'm going to side with the ghost of Wicka here and say they're going to be McLaren Honda next year.

I'll get in on that

:toxx: McLaren will stay with Honda for the 2018 season.

Edit: wait, does the toxx follow through as a ban if the following situation happens like some RBR bullshit? Need clarification here, tia

iospace posted:

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't think Stoff has had any particularly stupid crashes other than the one in Monaco. He's got a hell of a lot of good will in that team, Palmer is the only other driver that far off his team mate and is dogged by rumors he's going to be replaced midseason.

But Jolyon Plamer is a GP2 champion.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dumb Username posted:

But Jolyon Plamer is a GP2 champion.

Yes he is. A very GP2 champion.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

I went back to that strange charity shop and found this for Ł2

Nice pic of a poo poo team and a poo poo driver.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

This, but with Max, is common here.

So many people gonna have to eat poo poo when Max is WDC.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Theophany posted:

So many people gonna have to eat poo poo when Max is WDC.

of Formula E

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The sooner Max is out of the shitbox Red Bull and hammering the fraud Vettel in a Ferrari the better.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Basticle posted:

of Formula E

Because he went for the Quadruple Crown. Monaco, Le Mans, Indy and... whatever that shithole formula considers its ~*~*~Crown Jewel~*~*~

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

Because he went for the Quadruple Crown. Monaco, Le Mans, Indy and... whatever that shithole formula considers its ~*~*~Crown Jewel~*~*~

It's the one where they drive in small squares at 30mph surrounded by 20m of crash barrier.
The name slips my mind but you see them there all the time.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

iospace posted:

Pans out to a Raiders of the lost ark style warehouse full of crated up 2016 Honda engines.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Khablam posted:

It's the one where they drive in small squares at 30mph surrounded by 20m of crash barrier.
The name slips my mind but you see them there all the time.

:stoke:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please dont make fun of formula E, they will be here next year and it will be the only motorsport i will see live until i have the money to go to Interlagos.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It just occurred to me that the only thing anybody is going to ask about the live event at Silverstone is why Lewis wasn't there and more specifically they're going to ask Lewis that, repeatedly throughout the weekend. Glad he took that two day holiday to focus on the championship more lmbo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
which one of you, etc

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

It just occurred to me that the only thing anybody is going to ask about the live event at Silverstone is why Lewis wasn't there and more specifically they're going to ask Lewis that, repeatedly throughout the weekend. Glad he took that two day holiday to focus on the championship more lmbo.

Lewis: master of mind games. Against Lewis.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I think that you'd have to be a bit of an idiot to be the only one from group of competitors to pull off a no-show at your home turf, and then literally show in the social media that you had no actual reason to be an arsehat to your fans.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The club he was at looked lame as gently caress too

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm sure that his fans will come out with some poo poo about how great he is for being a rebel and not playing the man's corporate games aaand I want to punch the screen.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

#megadouche

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-snapchat-parternership-grand-prix-930009/

quote:

"Formula 1 has announced a new partnership with Snap Inc, the American social media company that owns social video-sharing platform Snapchat.

The deal will result in coverage of Formula 1 races on Snapchat's curated editorial platform, Discover.

The agreement kicks off in this weekend's British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

F1 chiefs did not specify what type of content will be published, but said it will use 'Our Stories', one of three types of content on the Discover platform, to feature content from Snapchat users."

Is this a good thing? I don't use the snapchats, I thought it was for paedophiles and 10 year olds only.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

To my knowledge Snapchat exists solely to troll your friends by sending incredibly boring photos/videos and forcing them to click cause they're addicted to smart phones.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

1500quidporsche posted:

To my knowledge Snapchat exists solely to troll your friends by sending incredibly boring photos/videos and forcing them to click cause they're addicted to smart phones.

Lewis will loving love it then

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

djssniper posted:

More like McLaren Richard Mille (or RM)

MCLRNRM

Please don't make the car as ugly as the watches.

HJB posted:

Yeah, this is true. It's going to be hard for him to make any kind of impression at all. He doesn't seem to have much of a personality outside of the car (or is just not getting any opportunities to show it) so he's fast becoming a very forgettable driver. I'm assuming McLaren will still be using Honda next year, and I'm extremely hopeful they'll be not-complete-poo poo engines, so maybe we'll see how he can actually compare to the rest of the midfield guys.

Der Kyhe posted:

I think that you'd have to be a bit of an idiot to be the only one from group of competitors to pull off a no-show at your home turf, and then literally show in the social media that you had no actual reason to be an arsehat to your fans.

I LOLed IRL when I saw that video of the forced partying by old white guys and that one girl who tried really hard when the camera came to her. Poois Shamilton, indeed. :ohdear:

What a fool.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I like Our Lewis, but if he wins and gets booed by his home crowd this weekend I will cry with laughter

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

MCLRNRM

Please don't make the car as ugly as the watches.

Nice post from 2016.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

1500quidporsche posted:

The best bit was this that TLTIJA had to share:

quote:

‘I wish there was more time to see the fans,’ Hamilton said in an interview with David Tremayne which was ironically published in the Independent yesterday. ‘You see them at such a distance, it sucks.’

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/07/empty-chair-for-lewis-hamilton-as-f1-hosts-london-street-party-and-looks-to-future/

:v:

Lastly:

quote:

‘Hopefully when I’m on the podium and I carry the flag, people will start to see my patriotism. Being British is something I’m very proud of and maybe that’s just going to take time to show.’

I really don't think a lack of patriotism is why people don't like you Lewis.

I sincerely hope he gets taken out at the first corner this weekend. Then he can go spend all the time he likes in the stands with the real fans.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My dream result this weekend is Vettel 1st, Bottas 2nd, Lewis 3rd and Nico doing the podium interviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

My dream result this weekend is Vettel 1st, Bottas 2nd, Lewis 3rd and Nico doing the podium interviews

Mine would be a red flag because Hamilton Schumachers into the loving wall, a la 1999.

• Locked thread