Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
retard presidents slowest son is retweeting drilbert man videos, man 2017 is weird as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Robert Plant posted:

Also I've decided gently caress it I haven't been tested in years and I'm not that committed to the job I have anyway so I'ma get real into weed again but since I quit smoking cigarettes I don't want to smoke anything so it's gonna have to be edibles but I've never done edibles so that oughta be fun?

Ask whoever you get it from how much of the cookie/bar/gummies/whatever is one dose or 10mg thc, start with that, wait an hour before having any more

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

oddium posted:

they should do a british version of house where wilson is matt berry

it would be great to have a version of house where he treats the aristocracy for all their crazy inbred disorders

"no, it's not lupus, it's hapsburg elbow!"

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Thom and the Heads posted:

really fun but they will put you on your rear end if you dont have a weed tolerance already. im a daily smoker and edibles knock me the gently caress out.

just be careful

Talk like this just gets me pumped

I'm gonna pass out for like 2 days aren't I

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

putin has decided to make absolutely sure that russia cannot survive him

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

oddium posted:

they should do a british version of house where wilson is matt berry

e: wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwXgISX10Us

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

cant wait for this piece o shiet to get cancer and rot in hospice until dead as the fake liberal media struggles to piece together some kind of pity story to publish

:votegop:

Honestly, his views on healthcare are not entirely meritless. Without access to treatment for polio, Mitch would have died long before he got into politics.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

Haha what a clown. This is a joke right?

strong daddy culture, my man

pigz posted:

This sounds a lot like complaining. You need to refresh yourself with Mike Rowe's S.W.E.A.T. Pledge.

"There's no such thing as a bad job," my son shouts as the weaving machine pulls him into it's inner workings and crushes him into a fine paste

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

we all believed that but the big twist was that its actually don jr whos the dumber failson

zakkro
May 29, 2015

I didn't know what that was referring to either, so I looked up both Eric and Jr's respective timelines

now I need a shower

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Ask whoever you get it from how much of the cookie/bar/gummies/whatever is one dose or 10mg thc, start with that, wait an hour before having any more

Fortunately for me my Sherpa for this is a close friend from high school who's been baking for years now so I'll have pretty solid guidance throughout

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/nybooks/status/884603038715039744

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robert Plant posted:

Talk like this just gets me pumped

I'm gonna pass out for like 2 days aren't I

i haven't had edibles in years but the last time i tried them I really liked these jolly rancher-style candy edibles. not just for the intended effect, but because you could easily crack the candies into halves and quarters to meter how high you wanted to get, and for how long

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

pigz posted:

This sounds a lot like complaining. You need to refresh yourself with Mike Rowe's S.W.E.A.T. Pledge.

Mike Rowe and manual labor?

that's like saying Martin Sheen served out two terms as president :thunk:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/885169982442799105

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/max_read/status/885495185026818048
https://twitter.com/max_read/status/885497991943114757

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tautologicus posted:

The russian lawyer that Don Jr met with was given a visa under "extraordinary circumstances" by the Obama DOJ....why?

she was representing someone in a court case in new york thats why

it just so happened that trump also fired the prosecutor in charge of that case and thus her client was able to settle without admission of guilt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

foreign aux pair surely

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/885499490689572865

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
not very fond of cocaine, but i love chinese smartphones and pop music

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

punchymcpunch posted:

now click the x

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
possibility: azerbaijani pop dude encoded messages in his music which may reveal location of the piss tape

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

:barf:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

can we get an app for people found guilty of hate crimes?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

*leaps into this guys body*

*looks in mirror*

im... a racist?!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

rear end cobra posted:

nice contradiction

gregday
May 23, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanwhitwam/2017/07/12/huawei-announces-hilarious-special-edition-kfc-phone-in-china/#2d364c254268

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Agrajag posted:

can we get an app for people found guilty of hate crimes?

its called twitter

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Montasque posted:

Eastwood usually only does one take, and doesn't really putz around with the camera. He also tends to use the same crew for all his films. They are loyal to him, he's loyal to them. I think because the way he came up he's a bit more down to Earth than other Hollywood big shots.

His politics suck but as guys in Hollywood go he's one of the good ones.

Brett Ratner meanwhile....

Give me all the Rat stories you got.

Like I heard for one of his movies he would call up his editors every morning and have them tell him what he needs to do, like for everything to do with the movie.

No ideas, no concepts no nothing. Someone please tell him what to do, he's a director!!!!!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

o
m
g

i

w
a
n
t

t
h
i
s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip: Soundcloud

quote:

A tense scene unfolded yesterday as user-generated, music-streaming service SoundCloud held an all-hands meeting to explain to employees why it suddenly had to lay off 40 percent of its staff last week.

Exiting team members wanted to know why they weren’t warned, while those who survived the cuts wanted assurance that the cost reductions would keep the company afloat for the long-run.

But as security ominously filed into SoundCloud’s meeting rooms at its offices around the world during the all-hands video conference broadcast from its Berlin headquarters, the startup’s staff discovered they wouldn’t be getting the answers they wanted. Instead, sources at SoundCloud tell TechCrunch that founders Alex Ljung and Eric Wahlforss confessed the layoffs only saved the company enough money to have runway “until Q4” — which begins in just 50 days.

That seems to conflict with the statement Ljung released alongside the layoffs, which noted that, “With more focus and a need to think about the long term, comes tough decisions.” The company never mentioned how short its cash would still last.

We reached out to Ljung and SoundCloud for this story and PR responded to the request reiterating Ljung blog post. After being presented with the leaked information from the all-hands, SoundCloud PR admitted that, “We are fully funded into Q4,” though it says it’s in talks with potential investors.

But further funding would require faith in SoundCloud that its own staff lacks. When asked about morale of the remaining team, one employee who asked to remain anonymous told TechCrunch “it’s pretty lovely. Pretty somber. I know people who didn’t get the axe are actually quitting. The people saved from this are jumping ship. The morale is really low.”

Another employee from a different office described the all-hands as “a shitshow” and said “I don’t believe that people will stay. The good people at SoundCloud will leave. Eric [Wahlforss] said something about the SoundCloud ‘family,’ and there were laughs. You just fired 173 people of the family, how the gently caress are you going to talk about family?”

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

oh boy:

Mick Mulvaney posted:

• Welfare reform. Growth also depends on the size of the workforce. Although the labor pool is aging, we are also seeing people who could be working but are staying home. We badly need them to go back to work. We believe that most want to do this but simply lack the opportunity. Our welfare system often creates disincentives for people to seek work. We intend to change that. We need to reform welfare to ensure it helps those truly in need of it, but does not encourage people to stay home.

Go and gently caress yourself. I also read this as retirement will never happen lol go die at your job.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is something we had back in the 90's

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh no, now where will I post my mashups

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

I saw a guy get electrocuted in Ohio

Not where I'd want to die

getting shocked sux but tbh that's a p badass way to go out...plus linemen make booku bux and also get to werk outside and union

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

soundcloud does kinda suck so eh

i especially hate that the volume always goes to the absolute max and starts automatically whenever you click a link to a song

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

One of the high points of that movie.

Fun transcript of conversation with Nate Silver over who is the front-runner for the Dems in 2020.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/885491136843927553

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The russian military is a huge paper tiger and the hyperventilating over it is a major lol considering they can't even loving beat a bunch of Ukrainian hicks with AK's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mariana Horchata posted:

getting shocked sux but tbh that's a p badass way to go out...plus linemen make booku bux and also get to werk outside and union

yeah no getting electrocuted to death is pretty greusome

i saw a video once of chinese labourers get caught up in some power lines while moving some scaffolding and holy poo poo it was hosed up

you basically see someone stiffen up and burnt to a crisp and continue burning from the inside out

• Locked thread