Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why haven't No Way Jose and Kassius Ohno teamed up already god drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Aphrodite posted:

Why haven't No Way Jose and Kassius Ohno teamed up already god drat it.

Hey, they were both on Dillinger's team to face Sanity! Just not at the same time is all.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like No Way Jose :shobon:

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

No Way Jose's fiery babyface promos on Austin Aries fuckin ruled. No Way Jose rules. Put the belt on him

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

John Dudebro posted:

No Way Jose's fiery babyface promos on Austin Aries fuckin ruled. No Way Jose rules. Put the belt on him

gently caress yeah it did. Sure he's another dancing face, but he's got charisma and was allowed to show some fire.

No Way Jose is my dude and I'm stuck rooting for him.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I've not seen much of Strongs indy days but i had the impression that he was very good chickenshit rear end in a top hat heel. Am i mistaken?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That was his character in PWG, yeah.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TheCool69 posted:

I've not seen much of Strongs indy days but i had the impression that he was very good chickenshit rear end in a top hat heel. Am i mistaken?

In PWG he got legit heat for a year straight which is very hard to do with a PWG audience.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Desumaytah posted:

Why does Full Sail seem to hate Aliyah? Is it some backstage thing? She's not the most phenomenal worker out there, but she seems perfectly serviceable. I felt kind of bad during one episode a few weeks back when the crowd seemed to be booing her for no obvious reason. Straight up X-Pac heat.

Also she jobbed mostly off-screen before the MYC even started and it feels like a waste. :(

When Enzo and Cass first debuted, the audience sang along with their entrance spiel; they'd been doing dark matches and segments before appearing on NXT TV. The Full sail audience sees things we don't- they've maybe seen her have bad matches, botches, constant gimmick changes and heel/face alignments, we just don't know. Maybe the first match was so awful we didn't see it, and they booed that Aliyah had botched the finish? We don't know.

Or just that she's somewhat painfully a green rookie with nothing that she does well enough to cheer her? Too many faces that WWE and NXT can't seem to work out why would the audience cheer them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The final NXT taping before NXT Brooklyn is tonight.

Also there's several ex-ROH wrestlers doing their medicals today in Orlando (sup Roque). With one likely making their debut.

There might be more MYC qualifiers too I guess.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The_Rob posted:

In PWG he got legit heat for a year straight which is very hard to do with a PWG audience.

I loved his 2nd PWG title win, great heeling. He had been going after Kyle O'Reilly for many months with cheap shots and had really pissed him off. After O'Reilly beat Ricochet (who was using his BOLA title shot) in a great match Roddy came out and taunted and goaded Kyle into a title match right there. Roddy then literally tore the ring apart to beat an exhausted Kyle and got nuclear heat if I remember correctly.

After Roddy lost the title to ZSJ he tried to do the same thing by invoking his rematch clause after ZSJ had a title defense but ended up getting submitted.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I was looking up old Kurt Angle bits on the Network last night and I happened upon Roddy competing in the Kurt Angle Open Challenge. It went about as well as you'd think, but he's a hilarious piece of poo poo in it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DangerDummy! posted:

I was looking up old Kurt Angle bits on the Network last night and I happened upon Roddy competing in the Kurt Angle Open Challenge. It went about as well as you'd think, but he's a hilarious piece of poo poo in it.
I vaguely recall a story where Angle asked him what he wanted to do in the match, and Roddy listed all kinds of spots thinking they would all just get shot down and Angle was like "Alright kid, if you can pull it off you can do it"

e: Here it is! And I must have confused it with a different story because he said "Don't you try anything boy"

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5nx2ia/roderick_strong_commentating_his_match_against/

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 13, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:coolfish:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is the first ep I've watched since, uh, TakeOver (I have a ton to catch up on, though I've caught parts of a lot of matches between clips and my roommate watching in the living room)

Fish looked good and I hope he gets to do more

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

thank god those refs were there to break up the brawl in front of the on campus quiznos

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Johnny :swoon:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Johnny's got new music with vocals!

imo put the NXT Championship on Johnny.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i couldnt tell if that was johnny's new theme or a takeover theme

sounds like fuckin paramore lol

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
ngl when NXT was in Philly back in February Street Profits were super over

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Don't eat books at home, kids.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ahahaha what

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Those bastards, they're LITTERING!

Shawn Cotureier posted:

ngl when NXT was in Philly back in February Street Profits were super over

They seem really fun, tbh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

when the hell did AoP get a fuckin magical book

hosed up that NXT would steal yet another thing from ROH

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

man's not exactly impressive in the ring but Alexander Wolfe has his character down

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Those bastards, they're LITTERING!

They seem really fun, tbh

Someone link the shoulder shimmy, stat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you're wondering why the crowds have been so quiet in recent tapings, uh ... this is certainly something

Observer posted:

Speaking of the 7/12 tapings, one person there noted to us a strange almost backfire of sorts revolving around Mauro Ranallo. At the tapings, the crowd was mostly quiet again. We’re told in some places if fans started to make noise, other fans would tell them to be quiet because the building is so small and Ranallo talks so loud that if there’s no crowd noise, you can hear the commentary, and a lot of the live fans want to hear the commentary

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Benne posted:

If you're wondering why the crowds have been so quiet in recent tapings, uh ... this is certainly something

gabe should start using this as an excuse for totally dead evolve crowds

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/885338756785491968

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

This reminds me of CHIKARA shows where no matter how loud the crowd was, you could hear Gavin Loudspeaker and Ultramantis Black yelling over commentary.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yay Bobby Fish, that's cool.

Benne posted:

This is loving hilarious.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Someone link the shoulder shimmy, stat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQUEGtTgv5e/

This is a fun gimmick

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Benne posted:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is Full Sail the worst place on the planet? Evidence is growing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Is Full Sail the worst place on the planet? Evidence is growing.

Last night they came alive and chanted SAWFT at a female enhancement with some love handles on her. The night before the MYC taping.

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 13, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just close down NXT. Jesus Christ.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The_Rob posted:

Just close down NXT Florida. Jesus Christ.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I haven't watched NXT in a while but I feel like as soon as they started doing Takeovers the Full Sail crowd turned into a group of the most obnoxious entitled smarks. I imagine they can't be worse than the Philly ECW crowds, though.

Also I just saw on Facebook that one local indie guy that I've seen, Timmy Lou Retton (gymnast gimmick, claims to be son of Mary Lou Retton), is down at NXT. I saw him wrestling at a food truck rodeo in Raleigh at a brew pub and he was wearing an American flag singlet and got a huge USA chant. He did a really good splash from the top ropes and it was probably the slickest move the crowd saw all night other than a guy who was Giant Haystacks levels of fat take only one bump that nearly collapsed the ring (he fell down).

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I haven't watched NXT in a while but I feel like as soon as they started doing Takeovers the Full Sail crowd turned into a group of the most obnoxious entitled smarks. I imagine they can't be worse than the Philly ECW crowds, though.

Also I just saw on Facebook that one local indie guy that I've seen, Timmy Lou Retton (gymnast gimmick, claims to be son of Mary Lou Retton), is down at NXT. I saw him wrestling at a food truck rodeo in Raleigh at a brew pub and he was wearing an American flag singlet and got a huge USA chant. He did a really good splash from the top ropes and it was probably the slickest move the crowd saw all night other than a guy who was Giant Haystacks levels of fat take only one bump that nearly collapsed the ring (he fell down).

Remember when they announced the first takeover not at full sail and the fans got all pissy and mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The_Rob posted:

Remember when they announced the first takeover not at full sail and the fans got all pissy and mad.

And then Owens poo poo all over them in one of my favorite promos ever.

• Locked thread