Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wondering what kind of update Codemasters is going to push out when they eventually do. Some more variable to the stage generator would be nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

A few of the stage bits get calls late. I'd like that fixed

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So I got a TrackIR today and I love it. I thought I would try it out in Dirt Rally and this happened. Came in 2nd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04E0J1iLq2I

Sorry, I don't share videos very often so even if I am set up for recording games, I don't really know how to do it so you get a replay recorded from my phone.

Edit: whoops, I also made it private because I don't know what I'm doing. Fixed it.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 30, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh hell yes. Monthly is the Stratos!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Succumbed to the rally itch, will be Dirting later tonight!

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Norns posted:

I'd like hand crafted tracks to go along with the random ones.

Is this something game feels like it's missing? That fact is one of things keeping me from switching from dirt rally.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

AcidRonin posted:

Is this something game feels like it's missing? That fact is one of things keeping me from switching from dirt rally.

I recognize all the stage pieces now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

AcidRonin posted:

Stages feel same-y after about 6 hours of play time yea.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's worse when you realize that there's half as many stage pieces as you think (the rest are just reversed sections).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

L_Harrison posted:

It's worse when you realize that there's half as many stage pieces as you think (the rest are just reversed sections).

Yeah...im a lot faster now though cuz i recognize it all.

Game still owns. Adding in a couple new countries would help I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do you even access the randomly generated stages mode? I had thought everything about Dirt 4 was suppose to be procedurally generated but the marketing for this game was weird.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

How do you even access the randomly generated stages mode? I had thought everything about Dirt 4 was suppose to be procedurally generated but the marketing for this game was weird.

Wait you don't even know how to access the marquee feature of the game?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Uhh go to freeplay?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
LOL christ dude

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

My son is disappointment embodied: he selected Gamer controls instead of Sim. :frogsiren:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

a mysterious cloak posted:

My son is disappointment embodied: he selected Gamer controls instead of Sim. :frogsiren:

Well if today is anything to go by, if he can access plainly visible core game features he's actually doing ok.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

a mysterious cloak posted:

In Sparta he would have been..... discarded

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I think I found the best stage in dirt 4

Historical Intercontinental Series. Event 3, Stage 3: Dalmorton farm - long descent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ywh6Qfn1Mw

Qmass fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 6, 2017

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Nice run!

I'm currently trapped in the asphalt hell of that Sealed Euro series. I'm just trying to destroy the car at this point. It's sad. Gravel, snow, no problem. Tarmac? :lol:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

this thread is as dead as the game on steam... sheesh

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

None of the racing threads move particularly fast

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I dunno, I did a competition stage recently and halfway through I got a top 30 and was amped until I saw that only like 85 people completed the stage.

Doomguy1984
Dec 11, 2009
On the Dirt 4 leaderboards, what does the shield looking symbol next to the name mean? I tried Google but couldn't find an answer.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's the Founder Icon. I think it just means you bought the game on release and got the Hyundai rally car. I'm not sure if it has any other significance.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah pretty sure that's it

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Anyone know of a bug that causes your engineers to use up their contracts really fast in multiplayer ? I did 1 event last night and it used up 3 events and fired all my level A engineers. I could only afford to rebuy lovely C/B ones and then I did one or two more multi events and when I logged back in today all of those were gone too.

So weird. I think Ill just leave the slots empty and use other team cars because they provide engineers for you. The whole 6 event contract system is beyond stupid. A one off signing and the % payout is surely enough taxation, especially when you can extend a contract at any time for free... loving stupid busy work.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 8, 2017

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I have noticed that if you race in a Pro Tour event with your own car, each race counts as a championship and subtracts from your contracts.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

L_Harrison posted:

I have noticed that if you race in a Pro Tour event with your own car, each race counts as a championship and subtracts from your contracts.

It does this in Free Play as well. It's super lovely.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
I thought I had a chance to beat Porkhammer in the monthly. He ends up pipping me by 0.14s after over an hour of stage time, and out of the top 10 as well. Argh!

Lets not mention that the Ascona he is driving isn't very good on tarmac :v:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Found the YT channel of the top driver there and man is the fella a fast one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icJ7VFt7ukU

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

Triple A posted:

Found the YT channel of the top driver there and man is the fella a fast one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icJ7VFt7ukU

Yeah, he was insanely fast in Dirt Rally as well. It would still have been impressive to hotlap the stage with restarts and string together a stage like that, but he presumably drove all 12 monthly stages like that a single time without making major mistakes. Boggles the mind.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Is it just me or are replays capped @ 30 fps ?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Qmass posted:

Just you

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

Qmass posted:

It is on consoles. I don't think it is on pc

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Definitely not capped on PC

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Just played this game on a vive.

You guys, get vr.

Like, for reals.

The rift is on a Hella good deal right now.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

BoneMonkey posted:

You guys, get vr.

Like, for reals.

You mean Dirt Rally, right? Or did they add VR support for Dirt 4?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

BoneMonkey posted:

You guys, get vr.

Like, for reals.

Just bought one this morning before work. This is going to be the longest work day ever :(

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

gently caress Australia in the rain and a RWD, gently caress it right in the rear end. No Nicky, that wasn't a "perfect stage," I flipped the car twice and punctured a tire even while driving like a nervous learner on his first day out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Hahaha, I love their optimism. I had a similar stage in Wales last night, "That was perfect, almost unbeatable!" while the car was basically resting on bare metal with all the fluids pooling underneath.

• Locked thread