Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the Hillary one?

The unspecified one where "she" is each and every one of us who can afford to drop $195 on a T-shirt from Barneys New York (no proceeds to charity)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol it's gonna own when she runs in 2020 and kills the party once and for all

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I should clarify, this isn't the T-shirt Hillary tweeted a picture of herself holding but not wearing. That one said "NASTY WOMAN" and Sam Bee was selling it to benefit Planned Parenthood.

This is one I found in Google results while googling "Nevertheless She Persisted" and I don't think it's associated with any politician or cause, beyond Barneys New York trying to bilk money out of rich white people who think buying an overpriced T-shirt counts as activism

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/OurRevolution/status/885513885624750080

Bernie is endorsing Ben Jealous. Anyone know anything about him?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scent of Worf posted:

ex-naacp president, sanders surrogate, venture capitalist (lol)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it says something about startups in his bio so i don't like him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

he was the former head of the NAACP that endorsed Bernie

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

Anarcho-primitivism actually depends upon a large number of people starving to death for its concept, by definition

the only reason we can support such a large population base is agriculture and if we stop farming most of us will die

One of the reasons that one cartoonist lady was so hilarious is that she apparently thought that in her anarcho-primitivist utopia she would be able to continue cartooning and receive food for it because all societies need art (she was a v bad artist)

Is that the one where she ended one of her comics when she could no longer justify her characters wearing clothes because they were shouting such Hardline primitivism

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Is that the one where she ended one of her comics when she could no longer justify her characters wearing clothes because they were shouting such Hardline primitivism

I don't remember but I'm pretty sure she blogged about eating a fruit that a rat had already gotten to

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Looking forward to Clinton running and all the former Clintonistas/Hillfolk falling into line and conducting themselves like it's 2016 all over again.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Looking forward to Clinton running and all the former Clintonistas/Hillfolk falling into line and conducting themselves like it's 2016 all over again.

outside of an extremely narrow band of twitter retards, that will not happen

the bulk of people who voted for her in the primary did so because they thought she was a winner who could stop the GOP

they will not be fooled again

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

The only good thing is that all the hillshills are prominent journalists working for NYT/WAPO so if they're busy with Trump assignments maybe they won't cover the primaries.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

but will nuclear energy end racism?

You can't have racism if nuclear fallout kills everyone

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
how can we means-test nuclear holocaust survival techniques

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
speaking of anarcho-primitivism:

https://twitter.com/GrantTMiller/status/885129252118695936

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Scent of Worf posted:

He may or may not be cool and good.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

GalacticAcid posted:

the bulk of people who voted for her in the primary did so because they thought she was a winner who could stop the GOP

It'll be different this time~!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Y'know the Talking Heads song "Nothing But Flowers" where civilization collapses and actually it's really cool because flowers are growing everywhere, yes, this makes internal sense, flowers are the most prolific plant in existence

Anarcho-primitivism is basically that but completely in earnest, by people who are professing a serious political opinion rather than just writing a catchy song, and without being tempered by the song's narrator lamenting all the modern conveniences he no longer has access to

Anarcho-primitivists heard this song when they were 14 and were like "yeah, this sounds like a great central philosophy to base my opinions around" and then didn't pay attention to the last minute or so of lyrics

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Somewhere, Wisniewski sheds a single tear. It was supposed to be his turn.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/885511344660910083

fine fuckin' praxis being spoken here

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

Realizing this requires not huffing farts. These people love farts. Real fart fanatics.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nothing But Flowers is a really catchy song tho

Can't believe I don't own any Talking Heads albums in their entirety, what's wrong with me

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I would not at all be surprised to see any number of supossedly reformed hillfolk argue that the fact Hillary lost means she will win for sure this time.

Maybe we'll see some warped logic about how the fact Hillary lost the primary and then won it means it's some repeating pattern blah blah.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

her campaign will be that she actually won the election because trump cheated and the cretins will fall in line

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It'd be more likely to be a "the loss didn't count because of Russia, let's put her in the White House for real this time!" scenario

"She won last time, she can win again!"

"What, you still don't think she's a good candidate? What are you, a Russian plant?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

loquacius posted:

It'd be more likely to be a "the loss didn't count because of Russia, let's put her in the White House for real this time!" scenario

"She won last time, she can win again!"

"What, you still don't think she's a good candidate? What are you, a Russian plant?"

2020 is going to be so much fun watching from the sidelines

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Momentarily forgot about the Russia stuff.

Yeah never mind, that is absolutely the angle they would take I agree.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

interesting way to describe the majority of Democratic Primary voters in, say, South Carolina or Mississippi

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm more of a Buttigieg person but if she won the primary again then I guess why not

It's not like my brain broke enough to say "no, trump is better". I'm saving that for the fuckwit Cuomo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'll basically vote for the Dem nominee whomever it is as long as it isn't Andrew Cuomo, is what I'm trying to say

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Maybe we will also see dems (not using bad dems anymore for the same reason we don't refer to swans as 'white swans') insist national security will be the defining issue of the election like many argued in 2016.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Buttigieg / Cuomo 2020!!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i would not vote for clinton again, personally. i certainly wouldn't vote for cuomo.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

Buttigieg / Cuomo 2020!!

Suicide 2020

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

Y'know the Talking Heads song "Nothing But Flowers" where civilization collapses and actually it's really cool because flowers are growing everywhere, yes, this makes internal sense, flowers are the most prolific plant in existence

Anarcho-primitivism is basically that but completely in earnest, by people who are professing a serious political opinion rather than just writing a catchy song, and without being tempered by the song's narrator lamenting all the modern conveniences he no longer has access to

Anarcho-primitivists heard this song when they were 14 and were like "yeah, this sounds like a great central philosophy to base my opinions around" and then didn't pay attention to the last minute or so of lyrics

I love that song. But yeah the key part is the multiple levels of irony it's working on especially with the video. There's no way any of those humorless fart huffers heard it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

i would not vote for clinton again, personally. i certainly wouldn't vote for cuomo.

A Cuomo nomination or a second Clinton nomination might be what finally makes me succumb to deep-blue-state apathy and vote third-party

and y'know what???? If enough people do this that MA doesn't go blue, the Democrats loving deserve what they get

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when your winning over suburban moderates

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
"How can you be talking about income inequality with RUSSIA assaulting are country.

Typical racsexists. Now I will unironically cite Yuri Bezmenov to back up my argument that you are all USEFUL IDIOTS"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GalacticAcid posted:

when your winning over suburban moderates

spoiler: Cuomo is running as the progressive in the primary

• Locked thread