Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I liked the plain croissants okay but I had one a few weeks back and they seemed to have put a little bit of sugar in top of it, which is disgusting.

So, uh, what kind of beer do you guys like/dislike?

E: eh, that's a real lovely page snipe. Uuuuuh, stars resigned Brett Ritchie for two year at 1.75 per. He's still a rfa at the end. He won't turn any heads, but he's a good depth guy with nice underlying stats and will pot like 10-maybe15 and like 20 helpers. That's, uh, news, right?

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Come home, Jaromir. Come back to Pittsburgh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not sure a winning move for a team that just won two cups is to bring in some old slow dude just because he's a cool guy.

That's like the exact opposite of what you should do and will only hasten the team's inevitable downf-- oh now I get it.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

he can be on the coaching staff next year too, I guess

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Jagr could like, Matt Cullen, but just on the wing!

ninjaedit: ok perhaps not

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wish brain injury on everyone, I'm not going to treat Crosby different just because he's famous.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

According to the most recent polls, 40 percent of Americans are already there.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Jagr is still a good player and would fit on every team in the league.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Jagr? I just met her!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
jagr will be on the carolina hurricanes this year

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Citizen Tayne posted:

I've actually met and spoke with Sid and he doesn't come across as a brain-damaged retard. He comes across as a guy who has nothing else in his life besides hockey.

I seriously think he's gay but afraid of being gay so he does hockey instead.

Did you meet Sid or did you take a picture of a coworker meeting Sid? The distinction is important.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Benson Cunningham posted:

Did you meet Sid or did you take a picture of a coworker meeting Sid? The distinction is important.

I met him as part of a group, he's pretty accessible and comes across as a completely normal guy except for the aspie hockey obsession.

First thing he did when he got the cup home was take it to the grocery store he shops at.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers signed Andersson to a 3 year ELC. Rumor is he's going to compete for a spot out of camp.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Boomer The Cannon posted:

So did mine, Alex. So did mine.

Please report to the fantasy draft thread at your earliest convenience, mister

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers signed Andersson to a 3 year ELC. Rumor is he's going to compete for a spot out of camp.

Looks like they were impressed by him in rookie camp. I guess he competes against a couple guys who have been in the AHL for a few years (Tambellini/Nieves) and maybe a veteran on a tryout, though pickings look slim there.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zodijackylite posted:

Looks like they were impressed by him in rookie camp. I guess he competes against a couple guys who have been in the AHL for a few years (Tambellini/Nieves) and maybe a veteran on a tryout, though pickings look slim there.

Fine with me, if he makes it they can do the 9 games thing? Or is he old enough for the AHL? Jensen hosed off to Russia and Hartford could probably use the help after losing Hrivik.

I'm really liking both he and Chytil. Seems like GMJG and Co did a good job.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

Fine with me, if he makes it they can do the 9 games thing? Or is he old enough for the AHL? Jensen hosed off to Russia and Hartford could probably use the help after losing Hrivik.

there have already been a bunch of good ahl vet guys signed for hartford. at any rate i think andersson can play in the ahl because he's been playing in sweden.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

There's no 9 game tryout for European players. He can play in the AHL straight away if the team likes. However, unless he's loaned back to Europe the first year of his ELC will be burnt up regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
signing Andersson to an ELC is probably more or less a standard thing to help keep options open, but I'm not thinking they're expecting him to make the team. If he does, great, if he doesn't, he can go to the AHL or they can loan him back to Frolunda.

Without a contract it's just Frolunda

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Cool, I didn't know any of that.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Apparently the Canes are getting sold.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they should move them instead of the coyotes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

hifi posted:

Quebec Nordicanes.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
jagr should buy the canes and play for them like mario did with the penguins
that way nobody can kick him out of the league for being too old

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs also signed Liljegren, all signs point to him playing in Sweden next year though.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

checksin posted:

jagr should buy the canes and play for them like mario did with the penguins
that way nobody can kick him out of the league for being too old

Owner, President, Coach and Captain.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

this owns, goodbye Peter Karmanos

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Matt Zerella posted:

It seems a lot of the reputation for this year's draft came from the weakness of the Canadian junior crop this year, while there were a number of guys from Europe who were already playing in men's leagues and are more likely to be solid all-around but without elite scoring talent.

It felt like a lot of teams just didn't want to draft players from Canadian juniors, the second Canadian drafted played in a second-tier junior league, and all the Canadian commentators were talking up guys saying "look at how high he was ranked" and "this guy could be a really good NHL player ***if***" and the reasons were:
-if he could skate, but he already looked slow in juniors
-if he could score 5v5, which he couldn't in juniors
-if he could do a pullup or bench press
-if he weighed more than 140 pounds

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lol using the alternate

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
The alternate owns but that's a Koho jersey, do they just have a warehouse of them?

And if they do I'll take ten.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Schremp Howard posted:

The alternate owns but that's a Koho jersey, do they just have a warehouse of them?

It's probably one he had laying around from his playing days.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Schremp Howard posted:

huh, weird. the new alternates are still CCM

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's probably one he had laying around from his playing days.

The best Yotes jersey in existence.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The best Yotes jersey in existence.

Nah, the third version with the moon and cactus is

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Even with that picture I am shocked as gently caress the Coyotes let him back into the organization.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

Even with that picture I am shocked as gently caress the Coyotes let him back into the organization.
Why?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Presumable because Tocchet is a gamble

Ill let myself out

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

stab posted:

Presumable because Tocchet is a gamble

:rimshot:

hifi posted:

... because ...?

Not that it matters since the NHL is going to be reluctant to move any teams as long as the prospect of another expansion team and the juicy $500 million fee remains tangible.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Johnny%20Gaudreau*s*Sean%20Monahan/works

NHL 2017 Off-Season: Life Is Like a Sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

:stonk:

• Locked thread