Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

That horse is in a tremendous amount of paint...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Talk about a horse of a different color.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Don't horses sweat to get rid of heat? Isn't that gonna interfere with that?

Poor freckles, thought of summer and died

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

PXJ800 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7B_-jFvAM

drunk, bottle-wielding Australian woman hit with a plastic chair and put over a balcony (with more courtesy than she deserved) prefaced by 90 seconds of arguing and profanity

That video always leaves me with a good smile. Such a polite drop over the fence. All it's missing is a whoop-whoop and some flashing lights as they walk out of frame.

nerdz posted:

Actually if you plug it into a laptop that has a read only os like linux running from cds, it's quite safe. Of course, stay offline.

bitcoing_security.txt

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah we looked into something like this for our CNC mills, but turns out that because it's still emulating a floppy drive, the machine can't just stream the g-code off the "disc" so each file is limited to 1.44MB or the machine won't read it.

Now we program the machine at 115200bps RS232 with a 30-foot DB9

*disk

Been there, seen that. Same deal, CNC shop. Screw machines, not mills.
Pretty amusing to see probably millions of dollars of equipment routed through a bunch of

LoL "30-foot DB9".
Serial cable 2 stories up, a few feet over to the machine, 2 stories down. They had to have been bumping into the maximum serial cable length programming those CNC Swiss Lathes. (nerdboner: ±0.0003″ isn't an uncommon thing to ask of a swiss-style cnc lathe(~1/20th the thickness of a typical hair))
Top 4 rows of windows were a facade looking over the roof, bottom 10 illuminated the screw machine shop: https://goo.gl/maps/JTvcsNYPtxT2

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That is what I was thinking, it's possibly ok if it's just the hair that is painted.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The shadenfreude is on me. My friend was like "Hey, check out this flash game" and I did, and now my computer has some awful "FREE DOWNLOADER" file on it that I can't remove, and attempts to do so cause the whole thing to freeze up. I don't appear to have any actual viruses, but god drat. Shame on me for trusting friends.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Nuebot posted:

The shadenfreude is on me. My friend was like "Hey, check out this flash game" and I did, and now my computer has some awful "FREE DOWNLOADER" file on it that I can't remove, and attempts to do so cause the whole thing to freeze up. I don't appear to have any actual viruses, but god drat. Shame on me for trusting friends.

Tried malwarebytes?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Something about your story doesn't add up...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Volcott posted:

Tried malwarebytes?

I'm about to. Virus scan isn't picking anything up.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Something about your story doesn't add up...
:negative:

EDIT: Haha mother gently caress, I can't download or save files anymore :shepface:

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 09:32 on Jul 13, 2017

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Can you revert Windows to an old restore point?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Nuebot posted:

I'm about to. Virus scan isn't picking anything up.

:negative:

EDIT: Haha mother gently caress, I can't download or save files anymore :shepface:

Put MB on a usb stick. (That you're fine with never using again because your computer has VD.)

Or just nuke everything and restore from backups.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Volcott posted:

Put MB on a usb stick. (That you're fine with never using again because your computer has VD.)

Or just nuke everything and restore from backups.

That did the trick. File is gone, there don't seem to be any lasting effects. I can save files again. Whatever it was, it didn't install anything. But it simply existing on the computer just locked everything down. I am so confused.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Nuebot posted:

That did the trick. File is gone, there don't seem to be any lasting effects. I can save files again. Whatever it was, it didn't install anything. But it simply existing on the computer just locked everything down. I am so confused.

it was probably gonna have a popup that says "SEND ME 40 DOLLARS TO SAVE YOUR COMPUTER!"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Roobanguy posted:

it was probably gonna have a popup that says "SEND ME 40 DOLLARSBITCOINS TO SAVE YOUR COMPUTER!"

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

MisterOblivious posted:

That video always leaves me with a good smile. Such a polite drop over the fence. All it's missing is a whoop-whoop and some flashing lights as they walk out of frame.

bitcoing_security.txt

*disk

Been there, seen that. Same deal, CNC shop. Screw machines, not mills.
Pretty amusing to see probably millions of dollars of equipment routed through a bunch of

LoL "30-foot DB9".
Serial cable 2 stories up, a few feet over to the machine, 2 stories down. They had to have been bumping into the maximum serial cable length programming those CNC Swiss Lathes. (nerdboner: ±0.0003″ isn't an uncommon thing to ask of a swiss-style cnc lathe(~1/20th the thickness of a typical hair))
Top 4 rows of windows were a facade looking over the roof, bottom 10 illuminated the screw machine shop: https://goo.gl/maps/JTvcsNYPtxT2

I've been running wire edm machines for 16 years and it was only like 2 years ago that we got rid of or converted out last machine that used floppy drives. What a goddamn pain in the rear end. The hard part was finding disks these days that actually worked.

Also, I am currently making gauges for a large gun manufacturer and its all +0 -.0001 poo poo, it sucks.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

That's not a random spasm, that's his limbs freaking out after getting nerve signals for 16 years or so and all of a sudden getting nothing at all. Dude is some combination of paralyzed and or dead, beyond a doubt.
The good thing is that someone stupid enough to try something like this probably Darwin-awarded himself even if he survived -- dick don't work if you can't feel anything below your shoulders, so he can't reproduce without heavy medical intervention.
There really needs to be a Darwin Awards 'Survivor' category....

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

Top link on the pink horse story.

Mike Meyers from SNL had a brother working in Sears management. To deny the chain is in trouble, they got him to record a popular TV commercial saying "Sears isn't closing." But:

Sears manager laid off, denied severance

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

As far as I know, only pigs and humans sweat all over their bodies.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

wayfinder posted:

As far as I know, only pigs and humans sweat all over their bodies.

Horses do sweat, but usually after they've been working. I don't think I've seen any who've ever stood around sweating just from eating or chilling in the pasture. The story I read specified that it was non-toxic paint and that the kid was going to wash it off anyway.

There are some wildfires going on in the region and the mom asked the kid to paint their phone number on the horse, in case something happened. The kid didn't hear it properly and painted the whole horse.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I wonder how many friendships end with "what the gently caress you pushed me INTO the danger" :allears:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

:drat:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Horses are dumb, and we should eat them

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Nevermind

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Poor freckles, thought of summer and dyed

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
From the GIF thread:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Writer Cath posted:

There are some wildfires going on in the region and the mom asked the kid to paint their phone number on the horse, in case something happened. The kid didn't hear it properly and painted the whole horse.

THat's a terrible knock off of the Pot00000000 story, can't people have original ideas anymore

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

wayfinder posted:

From the GIF thread:

Beautiful.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Gorilla Salad posted:

"Hide extension of known file types"

layoffs_august_2017.pdf.lnk

I guarantee you no one will notice the arrow, and everyone will complain if you edit the registry to force the .lnk to show up.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

When the ILoveYou worm first came around, someone working at a TV station got the e-mail, tried to open the attachment, but couldn't on their work computer so they took the e-mail into the secure area and opened it there, causing the local archive to be wiped out.

You don't even need to trick people, they're stupid enough on their own.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/60tI2ph.gifv

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whoa, almost a nip slip & slide.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://fat.gfycat.com/HighlevelOrganicEquine.webm

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love that dawning look of horror

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

How expensive was that?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

U-DO Burger posted:

I love that dawning look of horror
Never go rear end to mouth.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Table diver video. He's not dead. Wouldn't want to be him the next day, but alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9i6AdBUYMY

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tony Phillips posted:

Table diver video. He's not dead. Wouldn't want to be him the next day, but alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9i6AdBUYMY

uh no an expert earlier clearly stated he was paralyzed and him sitting up is just more reflexes of his dying nervous system

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Elohssa Gib posted:

How expensive was that?

I can just imagine the curator going "Okay, I'm going to need your credit card... RIGHT NOW."

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
http://www.fox4news.com/trending/267209151-story?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Man accidentally tells Alexa to call the police while he is beating his girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://i.imgur.com/RbTlxsR.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/yf2ChRq.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/5uIFkKb.mp4