Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

The Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select Jack Eichel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
FYI I'm out of town starting tomorrow. I shouldn't have a problem announcing my picks, but I won't be putting them in the spreadsheet since I'm not taking a laptop. Thanks in advance.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jamwad Hilder posted:

FYI I'm out of town starting tomorrow. I shouldn't have a problem announcing my picks, but I won't be putting them in the spreadsheet since I'm not taking a laptop. Thanks in advance.

disqualified

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Was considering a center here, butttt :finland: Ottawa selects RW Patrik Laine.

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 13, 2017

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Laine > Ovechkin

you heard it here first folks

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

FBS posted:

Laine > Ovechkin

you heard it here first folks

Last season was the first time Ovie looked old and I'm not surprised to see people like Laine go before him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is cap consideration still a factor? Laine at peanuts > OV at his hit for sure

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Is cap consideration still a factor? Laine at peanuts > OV at his hit for sure

Yeah, all teams have to be cap compliant.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Let's keep these Patricks rolling, the Red Wings are hot n ready to choose Patrick Kane.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Yaya posted:

Last season was the first time Ovie looked old and I'm not surprised to see people like Laine go before him.

I'm not being critical, I'm excited. Laderhan is a man(?) after my own heart.

e:

Thufir posted:

the Red Wings are hot n ready to choose Patrick Kane.
I say you need to use this phrase with every pick or else it doesn't count.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Thufir posted:

Let's keep these Patricks rolling, the Red Wings are hot n ready to choose Patrick Kane.

Just like he's always hot n ready with the ladies.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Laderhan posted:

Was considering a center here, butttt :finland: Ottawa selects RW Patrik Laine.

my pick from last year vindicated as not being too early.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

and we're off

Boomer The Cannon can pick as of 10:00 AM EST. he will be skipped if he does not pick by noon

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 13, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
alright who poo poo up the spreadsheet

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer is skipped, I am up

The Florida Panthers select RW Nikita Kucherov. elite production, signed for 2 more years on a very nice contract, and just freshly turned 24. unlike all of my bad low scoring teams of the past, I intend to Score Fuckin Goals with this fantasy draft season

T-Bone can select

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Tough choice between 4 or 5 guys and I kinda wish I picked later so I didn't have to make the choice but I'll go with Tyler Seguin

e: oh gently caress Seguin in Vegas

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

Tough choice between 4 or 5 guys and I kinda wish I picked later so I didn't have to make the choice but I'll go with Tyler Seguin

e: oh gently caress Seguin in Vegas

Make sure you save a roster spot for a body-pillow packed full of azithromycin.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

take me you ANIMAL is up, he has until 3:12 pm est

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The Nashville Perds are proud to announce that there has been a skipped pick, and that pick is skipped to the Nashville Perds. With this skipped pick, a player must be selected.

That player will be selected by Nashville.

That player is Vladimir Tarasenko.

That's the word, ya heard?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The Nashville Perds are proud to announce that there has been a skipped pick, and that pick is skipped to the Nashville Perds. With this skipped pick, a player must be selected.

That player will be selected by Nashville.

That player is Vladimir Tarasenko.

That's the word, ya heard?

drat, that scoring slump last season has goal-scorers at a premium this year.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

welp, I have too many choices and don't know who to pick.

I might as well just pick the guy who I think is the second best D in the league, and turn the Oilers into a defensive juggernaut. Welcome to Edmonton Victor Hedman.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 13, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
picking a st. louis blue with your first pick is a good way to disappoint yourself early

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Man, picking at this stage is like pulling teeth.

I was hoping for Hedman so instead I'll take John Tavares
I imagine he's due a big payday but I think he's got at least 5 good years left in him and maybe 5 more decent ones after that.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

drat, that scoring slump last season has goal-scorers at a premium this year.

I legitimately think that he is elite or just on the cusp, is young, signed decently long on a contract that doesn't even look that bad now, and has good fancies on a so-so team. I was going to pick Kucherov for similar reasons but he was sniped on me (and I might've gone this way anyway because Kucherov is gonna get like 9M in two years). There were a few centers (one in particular) that I considered there, but I feel like top flight wingers have the shallowest pool compaired to centers and D of a similar caliber so :supaburn: positional scarcity :supaburn:

Also maybe I'll get a good center and what then???? What say you Blues? Wanna see Tarasenko score 60 goals when he's not saddled with whatever aging crap you trot out there???

e: McDavid, Laine, Matthews, Karlsson, and maybe Eichel were the only guys on my list I had ranked ahead of him

e2: I've been phone posting for the last few days because I never unpacked my laptop when I went away last weekend so I'll update my team page on the spreadsheet later

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 13, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I legitimately think that he is elite or just on the cusp, is young, signed decently long on a contract that doesn't even look that bad now, and has good fancies on a so-so team. I was going to pick Kucherov for similar reasons but he was sniped on me (and I might've gone this way anyway because Kucherov is gonna get like 9M in two years). There were a few centers (one in particular) that I considered there, but I feel like top flight wingers have the shallowest pool compaired to centers and D of a similar caliber so :supaburn: positional scarcity :supaburn:

Also maybe I'll get a good center and what then???? What say you Blues? Wanna see Tarasenko score 60 goals when he's not saddled with whatever aging crap you trot out there???

e: McDavid, Laine, Matthews, Karlsson, and maybe Eichel were the only guys on my list I had ranked ahead of him

e2: I've been phone posting for the last few days because I never unpacked my laptop when I went away last weekend so I'll update my team page on the spreadsheet later

Don't get me wrong - I think he's a solid pick (I got him at 14 last year and would've jumped to have him at 12 this year.) Guys who can score 40 goals are rare, winger or no - and when it comes to quality centers I think that well is a lot deeper than wingers of Tarasenko's stature.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

PK Subban

Next up is Jamwad Hilder

Also, I'm putting the picks into an EHM database to sim a season after this is all done, so look forward to that. If you want.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
On my phone so I can't update the spreadsheet, sorry. But I pick Mark Scheifele

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
And think tank is up

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sorry the doc isn't loading on my phone but I'll take Leon Draisaitl and whatever contract he ends up with.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Technetium has until 6:55 PM EST.

Also Boomer, Animal and Jesus can all pick whenever that's cool too.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

gently caress it, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select local boy Steven Stamkos and bring him and his banged up knee home.

edit: Jordan is up

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Holy shitdick, this escalated quickly.

E: Calgary takes Johnny Gaudreau. And according to the internet, so does Sean Monahan: https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Johnny%20Gaudreau*s*Sean%20Monahan/works

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 14, 2017

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Holy shitdick, this escalated quickly.

E: Calgary takes Johnny Gaudreau. And according to the internet, so does Sean Monahan: https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Johnny%20Gaudreau*s*Sean%20Monahan/works

holy poo poo, those tags

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

SAS Fantasy Draft 2017: He could have a hooker delivered straight to his door like a pizza

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Phone posting so will try to effort it later.

Patrick Kane was already taken, and this guy is just a younger Patrick Kane. Carolina takes Mitch Marner.

e; it feels like this year is skewing younger than years past.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 14, 2017

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Furnaceface is up, he has until 11:15 AM EST tomorrow to make his pick

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Who can I pm my picks too?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Phone posting so will try to effort it later.

Patrick Kane was already taken, and this guy is just a younger Patrick Kane. Carolina takes Mitch Marner.

e; it feels like this year is skewing younger than years past.

I think this is the first pick that feels like a reach to me.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

JoelJoel posted:

Who can I pm my picks too?

I'm around all day tomorrow so I'll take them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think this is the first pick that feels like a reach to me.

Yeah I like Mitch Marner and all but still

• Locked thread