Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Wait, is this the same Hillary that would've gotten us into WW3 over a no-fly zone in Syria? I'm confused.

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

*Sigh of relief*

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

*Sigh of relief*

And so soon, too.

Are we actually going to get away with this?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

*Sigh of relief*

Yeah, me too, geez.

Not seeing anyone list all three names in one spot, but it looks like Paul, Portman, and Collins?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
They can't pass their tax cuts without gutting Obamacare, right? So what are they gonna do for the next year?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

It's completely absurd, and the only reason it still exists is nobody wants to be blackballed from the one company you can make a living wrestling in by challenging them.

On an aside, weirdly enough Vince doesn't really ever blackballed people. He's more of a "they'll come back and then I'll humiliate them" type of guy.

He's done it to a few people over the years, but eventually they end up making up. The only people he really has ever refused to hire were honestly Ultimate Warrior, Jeff Jarrett, and Randy Savage.

Warrior for being a headcase, Jarrett for holding Vince up for $150,000 to drop a ttle, and honestly no one's ever sure what the deal was with Savage other then accusations s that he molested Stephanie McMahon when she was a teenager.

Savage is dead, Warrior eventually reconciled and then dropped dead a day later, and Jarrett went on to form the world's worst wrestling promotions because he wanted to be champ. That one is a long long tale that involves neo nazis, that dude from the Smashing Pumpkins, a midget masturbating in a trashcan, a bored energy tycoon, a cocaine snorting domestic abuser, a thousand broken guitars and it hasn't drawn a dime.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Spiritus Nox posted:

And so soon, too.

Keep your fingers crossed and hope the bombers keep flying away and don't turn to take another pass at the target.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Mustached Demon posted:

Maybe we'll get Snowpiercer.

I think Water World is more likely the way things are going.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

eviltastic posted:

Yeah, me too, geez.

Not seeing anyone list all three names in one spot, but it looks like Paul, Portman, and Collins?

Yes. More likely to follow.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Even if they don't proceed with this, don't they have another 2 weeks to push through another turd instead? NPR last afternoon made it sound like the Republicans are well aware of what a poo poo storm an inability to repeal obamacare will cause for them not only from their constituents when they go home but also from Trump.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Demon Of The Fall posted:

They can't pass their tax cuts without gutting Obamacare, right? So what are they gonna do for the next year?

Same thing they did with the Bush tax cuts.

Sunset them after 10 years, throw in some changes to the tax code, claim economic growth, use dynamic scoring, and hope that raising taxes is too politically poisonous in 10 years.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Quick check in with my unhinged coworkers:

Obama allowed Russian Lawyer to bait Trump Jr into collusion therefore Obama should be prosecuted.

Is calling a woman "beautiful and fit" sexist? No one knows! But Pence proves that the administration respects women.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Spiritus Nox posted:

And so soon, too.

God I hope so. What I'm wondering is, if they keep failing to pass a healthcare bill, how long will they keep trying? The whole strategy was to do that first and then tax cuts... I'd imagine it would be easier for the caucus to agree on a tax cut bill, but without the budgetary leeway from an ACA repeal, they probably won't be able to get much out of it.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

And so soon, too.

I'd say play it safe and pester your senators regardless.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

They can pass some income tax cuts if they include a sunset provision, like they had to do with the Bush tax cuts. They were hoping to make them permanent to force a future Dem congress to have to act affirmatively to raise taxes rather just let them passively sunset.

Corporate tax cuts are problematic though because the experts believe that its not possible to pass a significant corporate tax cut that won't have an impact beyond 10 years, even if they sunset after only 4 or 5 years.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Office Pig posted:

This. Don't assume it's safe. Keep on pushing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Both of these dogs are dead now.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Obama allowed Russian Lawyer to bait Trump Jr into collusion therefore Obama should be prosecuted.

Is calling a woman "beautiful and fit" sexist? No one knows! But Pence proves that the administration respects women.

Can you have them try to explain why Obama was setting up this bait but didn't spring the trap until 7 months after Trump was sworn in to office?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Office Pig posted:

I mean I will, but also my senators are Cornyn and Cruz so I have much less leverage than I would like. :smith:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

DrNutt posted:

Both of these dogs are dead now.

No, the one on the left is currently filming a TV show.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

TARDISman posted:

Isn't Heller like... the most vulnerable Republican in the Senate? How could he be this stupid?

He's probably being told that there will be zero money for his campaign if he doesn't deliver.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ReidRansom posted:

Also, here's some strong words from Trey Gowdy, of all people

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/884934824556888068

I'll believe he has turned once he does more than just talk, but surprising nonetheless

He knows on some level that it's just hurting the party and that if Mueller comes to Congress saying "here's a list of people who and the charges that we'd like to bring against them" the GOP is going to be in a hellish position since the non-MAGA elements of the GOP and its voters are going to want action taken at that point.

This motherfucker needs to spend the rest of his (what would be a very short) life as part of the genpop in a private prison.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean I will, but also my senators are Cornyn and Cruz so I have much less leverage than I would like. :smith:

Maybe one day our good economy will bring in enough reasonable people to get some Democrats representing us.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Continue to sabotage the aca until it truly is literal garbage

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh hey what's up fellow hellbuddy, happy that Abbot is turning the Great poo poo Wastes into a reality and a statement of fact?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Obama is a criminal because he didn't invade Russia to save Jr. from himself, checkmate LIEberals

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Collins moving to a harder no.

https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins/status/885550308134408192

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
reading https://twitter.com/alexis_levinson/status/885551433600430080
in combination with https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/885513743261741056
has me cautiously hopeful that Collins is more firmly "no" than might appear reading that comment in isolation, and is taking the opportunity to set herself up with a justification.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
The alternative is the obvious "welp, the bullshit numbers we made ourselves are good enough, time to vote for this garbage". If you're calling your senators (please do), also mention this news. Undermining the norm of CBO scoring is bad in and of itself.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Seems like it's getting easier for them to say no to these revised bills every time. I wonder if they'll try and fail to repeal the same number of times after obama as during his term.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

eviltastic posted:

has me cautiously hopeful that Collins is more firmly "no" than might appear reading that comment in isolation, and is taking the opportunity to set herself up with a justification.

Collins is also not particularly scared of Trump. She is highly popular, and Maine Republicans are not MAGA robots. For her, supporting the bill could be a career-ender, and she faces almost no consequences for opposing Trump. Things get a little more difficult for Heller, Capito, and Portman though because their GOP base are morons.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Is there as much disagreement over tax reform? I hope there is. Republicans can't govern.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Keep doing it anyway. Mine are Duckworth and Durbin, possibly two of the safest "no's" in the Senate, and I'm still doing it because the pressure needs to stay.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

"Fit"?

What context is this? That a weird thing to say in a non sports/athletic situation . Like since it's Pence, I assume it's "She'll make a good sow for producing wealth transfer devices."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Keep doing it anyway. Mine are Duckworth and Durbin, possibly two of the safest "no's" in the Senate, and I'm still doing it because the pressure needs to stay.

That would be what the "I mean I will" in that post would imply, yes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

And so soon, too.

They have another year and a half to pass some kind of repeal, so... the answer is... "maybe?"

got'em

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nonsense posted:

Is there as much disagreement over tax reform? I hope there is. Republicans can't govern.

We don't know. I have to believe that they can come together for at least some kind of tax cut, because if you are a Republican who is not in favor of any kind of tax cut at all, then you got lost on your way to registering for the Democratic party.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

empty whippet box posted:

Seems like it's getting easier for them to say no to these revised bills every time. I wonder if they'll try and fail to repeal the same number of times after obama as during his term.

Obamacare had some 140 amendments to it before it passed, but it was also discussed on a group forum. Having them run back to their darkened room to sketch out new details is going to bite them hard imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Good to see that drug users are more important than disabled children.

Drug addiction is a medical condition so I think they should get care too.

But yeah it's mostly because it's a hotbutton "WHITE PEOPLE PROBLEM" and the filthy poors deserve it.

Or people using brown people drugs.

• Locked thread