Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Last week:

Huge difference between looking into venues and running the weekend. Why ROH would want Dave to report that NJPW is looking into the weekend and completely overshadow the news they are running a big building makes no sense. His tone on WOR was much more "this is a thing they are looking into" which surprised me he'd even say it because it goes against the entire company mentality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Huge difference between looking into venues and running the weekend. Why ROH would want Dave to report that NJPW is looking into the weekend and completely overshadow the news they are running a big building makes no sense. His tone on WOR was much more "this is a thing they are looking into" which surprised me he'd even say it because it goes against the entire company mentality.

The fact of the matter is is that they never looked into it.

Much link Long Beach was never a leg of the G-1 tournament.

However someone outside of New Japan keeps feeding Dave this info and he keeps publishing it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

The fact of the matter is is that they never looked into it.

Much link Long Beach was never a leg of the G-1 tournament.

However someone outside of New Japan keeps feeding Dave this info and he keeps publishing it.

To be fair though the Long Beach show was called the G1 special.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so does Tiger Hattori not attend any of the business planning meetings?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

rovert posted:

Silly Meltzer. If only he'd cultivated your impeccable set of sources, then he'd be a real journalism.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The_Rob posted:

To be fair though the Long Beach show was called the G1 special.

yeah but while fortunately those shows delivered it wasn't the the actual G1 as basically everyone orginally reported and rovert does deserve the credit for basically scooping that one

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Thauros posted:

yeah but while fortunately those shows delivered it wasn't the the actual G1 as basically everyone orginally reported and rovert does deserve the credit for basically scooping that one

I guess my real point is. Does it matter?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

"G1 preview" would have been better/more accurate advertising

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why are people so resistant to the idea that dave meltzer is wrong some times

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

We aren't it's just roverts weird insistence to point it out at every instance and then talk about how actually he was right. I don't care if Big Dave is wrong sometimes. It happens it's the nature of his job.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 13, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The_Rob posted:

We aren't it's just roverts weird insistence to point it out at every instance and then talk about how actually he was right. I don't care if Big Dave is wrong sometimes. It happens it's the nature of his job.
It isn't even huge game-changing things either that are pointed out. It's stuff that barely matters.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Silly Meltzer. If only he'd cultivated your impeccable set of sources, then he'd be a real journalism.

Sadly we share sources but Meltzer for some reason always reports ROH office sources over anything it is really weird. He gets "put right" and then publishes nonsense anyway.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

MassRafTer posted:

Why ROH would want Dave to report that NJPW is looking into the weekend and completely overshadow the news they are running a big building makes no sense.

It's ROH in 2017, getting overshadowed is their thing

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Well, I was starting plans to head to New Orleans next year for Mania week indie shows mainly because Kidani stated they wanted to start touring as early as March/April. I just assumed that timeframe heavily implied a Mania week show.

If that isn't in the case, I'm much less keen on booking tickets to New Orleans.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Because I want to tweet at him the thing he was actually wrong about so he ignores it instead of quote tweeting me to read the Newsletter.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

rovert do you write/work for someone/your own or do you just use your scoops for forum/reddit posts

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

Because I want to tweet at him the thing he was actually wrong about so he ignores it instead of quote tweeting me to read the Newsletter.

I mean that works if you want a reaction from him. I used to email him monthly correcting his DG errors but got tired of it. Dude just will just publish what he wants.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tweak posted:

rovert do you write/work for someone/your own or do you just use your scoops for forum/reddit posts

Don't look a gift scoop in the mouth, son

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'm unable to phrase it without being a dick, but I'm genuinely curious if when he talks to his sources does he preface it by saying, "I'm writing an article for xyz" or, "I'm writing a post for Rowdy Ringsports." Or is it more of a friendly thing where he texts a buddy going, "you see this poo poo meltzer wrote? Is that true?"

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

HOW DO I GET THE THREAD WITHOUT 1000 POSTS ABOuT THE IGNORE LIST GUY VERSION TY

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tweak posted:

I'm unable to phrase it without being a dick, but I'm genuinely curious if when he talks to his sources does he preface it by saying, "I'm writing an article for xyz" or, "I'm writing a post for Rowdy Ringsports." Or is it more of a friendly thing where he texts a buddy going, "you see this poo poo meltzer wrote? Is that true?"

:chillout:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I mean that works if you want a reaction from him. I used to email him monthly correcting his DG errors but got tired of it. Dude just will just publish what he wants.

The only time I got a reaction was when someone believed a fake Observer quote I posted about the UK title match not getting five stars because it took place in the minor leagues. That was cool.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I killed Spike Dudley once. And I still feel bad about it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tweak posted:

The latter. I've been approached to do sites but there's too many drawbacks and I don't want to hurt friendships.

Anyways New Japan.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

handsome only face posted:

HOW DO I GET THE THREAD WITHOUT 1000 POSTS ABOuT THE IGNORE LIST GUY VERSION TY

:daryl:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/885534721962389514

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny's gonna shoot on a dude if he fucks up the star ratings.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ElTimeBomb/status/884815161999187978

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Put the belt on :daryl:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hiromu's twitter is @timebomb1105 thank you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kenny owns :allears:

SANADA will give him the match he deserves too :colbert:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SI has an interview up with Liger that's pretty good, though him saying Chris Benoit was one of the better WCW workers is..uncomfortable given circumstances

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/07/13/jushin-thunder-liger-monday-night-wars-chris-jericho

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
But he was.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

But he was.

Chris Benoit killed his family.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

exploded mummy posted:

and he still got 4*s out of that match even though his opponents were bad workers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah, but he was still an unbelievably great pro-wrestler and he absolutely was one of the better guys wrestling in WCW at the time (and the guys who were arguably better than him are some of the best ever)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was a just a bit shocked Liger didn't dance around it given the way most wrestlers do these days, though he is correct that Benoit was one of the best in WCW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
number of double murder-suicides by benoit in WWE: 1
number of double murder-suicides by benoit in WCW: 0

checks out

• Locked thread