Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Yeah it seems to be intruders and smoke as the big thing. Which is fine for me because I hide for my first turn anyway.

You can tell when I've set a ta le up because there is terrain in the DZ. Not super common on tables set up by others in my meta. And I always have something breaking up every single table edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Sir Teabag posted:

You can tell when I've set a ta le up because there is terrain in the DZ. Not super common on tables set up by others in my meta. And I always have something breaking up every single table edge.

No terrain in the DZ sounds horrible, unplayable even.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Sir Teabag posted:

Yeah it seems to be intruders and smoke as the big thing. Which is fine for me because I hide for my first turn anyway.

Your meta is weird, dude.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Sound like time to play Van Zant every game!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I got a rules q that didn't come up but am curoius and have confused myself on resolutions.

Umbra walks into ZOC of enemy Mulebot/Repeater.
No AROs Vs Stealth.
Umbra declares hacking attack on the REM.
Can enemy hacker declare hacking aro vs the attack through the repeater?

What if the hacker didn't have stealth?

I'm in hacking area (via Repeater) of enemy hacker who declares hacking attack.
Can I declare a hack on him? he's not in my hacking area. So I can only reset to contest that roll as a Ftf?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Stealth only limits AROs if you're declaring Movement short skills. The third bullet point for Stealth, from the wiki:

However, if the second Short Skill of the Order is any non-Movement Skill, then those enemies can react normally in ARO.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yea I just dug up the wiki on hacking and repeaters as well which is my main question which answered it.

Hackers can also attempt to hack through an enemy Repeater only if the Repeater is inside their Zone of Control. By doing this, they can perform hacking attempts against targets inside the Zone of Control of the enemy Repeater, and also against any enemy Hacker, but they suffer the Firewall MODs (a -3 MOD to their WIP Roll, while their target gets a +3 MOD to his BTS).

Was enemy repeaters giving you access to their hackers as well as their hacking areas I had missed.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 13, 2017

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I think it works the same way as camo. If the umbra moves unseen across your hacking area in his first short, there's no hacking ARO. If he declares shoot or whatever next, I believe it invalidates his previous stealthiness and you retroactively get the ARO.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yep, in both examples the active hacker would be subject to a hacking ARO.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sorry I worded it poorly. The hacking aro if I attack/hack is fine. It was more if he declares hack through his repeater in the second example, could I declare a hack back. The answer is yes because his repeater let's me target him even if he isn't in a repeater hacking area. It ties up both examples :)

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

No worries dude, that poo poo is a confusing. Antenna Field or whatever the ITS mission is a nightmare to play at tourneys because of the necessity of specific interpretation and experience with that exact question.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I've never actually hacked through an enemy Repeater since n2 and was like I have no idea what is going on.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

No terrain in the DZ sounds horrible, unplayable even.

grassy gnoll posted:

Your meta is weird, dude.

Yeah, it was certainly a little insular. I only started playing in N3, but I get the impression it's largely due to a group of people that have been playing since N2 or ealier and are rather used to each other and set in their ways. I usually play with people at my place in the south end of the city, but whenever I go out to play in stores it's been getting better every month.

tokenbrownguy posted:

No worries dude, that poo poo is a confusing. Antenna Field or whatever the ITS mission is a nightmare to play at tourneys because of the necessity of specific interpretation and experience with that exact question.

Transmission matrix? I love that one because I never use hackers. :cheers:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I've been going through and painting all my ALEPH, and goddamn I would kill for just a head update for the Asuras.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpRlEZStiF4

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That SG owns, they all own.

Game owns, play Infinity.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I was really hoping the CSU would be in Icestorm.

I hate all the limited run minis. Wouldn’t mind so much if they actually released an alternative.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Well gently caress. I don't even play the Icestorm factions but imma buy that poo poo just because those models are sick.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

That SG owns, they all own.

Game owns, play Infinity.

The Swiss is so sick. This is definitely favor from Bostria Our Lord on High for my Swiss's performance last night.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I was really hoping the CSU would be in Icestorm.

I hate all the limited run minis. Wouldn't mind so much if they actually released an alternative.

I'm deffo with you on these limited models but I use the CSU regularly and my buddy is buying the Red Veil expansion so it's gonna be mine mine mine

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 14, 2017

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm just gonna have to preorder both of them because I'm an idiot

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

yeah ur dumb as hell but its understandable

we're all dumb as hell

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Wait.

That big Pan-O dude is a Swiss?

:vince:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

yeah ur dumb as hell but its understandable

we're all dumb as hell

I'm trying to justify getting Red Veil + Expansion right now.

I've been introducing a lot of friends to infinity lately, could probably run a mini tournament in my home where each player gets one of the factions.

So dumb.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Pretty cool loving models. The only ones I could use are the spitfire hellcat and msr intruder, both of which I have perfectly fine models for already . . . and I'll probably still get at least the nomads box!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm trying to justify getting Red Veil + Expansion right now.

I've been introducing a lot of friends to infinity lately, could probably run a mini tournament in my home where each player gets one of the factions.

So dumb.

My aforementioned buddy also bought Red Veil so our group will have a 300 point Haqq army just sitting there.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I have absolutely zero use for any of them but I have Icestorm so may aswell buy that for newer players is my justification.

gently caress

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I really like sectorials because their playstyles have a lot less overlap and even if I completely lose my mind I'm not buying an entire faction.

That said, it looks like most of the Haq and YuJing in Red Veil are for upcoming unreleased sectorials, is that right?

And if so, are they likely to play substantially different from NeoTerra and Corregidor?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KPC_Mammon posted:

I really like sectorials because their playstyles have a lot less overlap and even if I completely lose my mind I'm not buying an entire faction.

That said, it looks like most of the Haq and YuJing in Red Veil are for upcoming unreleased sectorials, is that right?

And if so, are they likely to play substantially different from NeoTerra and Corregidor?

There entire You Jing starter box, which is what the original red veil had, is for the unreleased Invincible Army, or vanilla, and the expansion units are the same.

The Nomads are a mix of Corregidor and the unreleased Tunguska sectorials.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tourney over, ITS cherry popped. Went 2-1, won best painted army (again! :smuggo: )

Highlights of the day:

R1, Firefight mission against Haqq. T1 Walk on the side of the table with Fraacta, Fraacta shows how amazing it is by going on to :potg: kill or knock unconscious:

1x HMG Djanbazan
1x Marksman rifle Djanbazan
1x Tuareg sniper that tried to ARO it
1x Ghulam doc.

Triggered the guy's second Tuareg sniper, took a single hit but left the Tuareg in LOS of my Charontid MSV3 HMG killmachine who was chilling in smoke. with the Djans down and no more MSV, opponent goes down a second Tuareg in a hail of HMG fire. At that point (i.e., the end of my first turn) the guy was pretty limited on options, tried to recover as much as possible by running their second doc out to their downed tuareg after killing off my Fraacta who was sat in the open looking :shobon:, but my Malignos popped out of TO and turned the wannabe hero doctor horizontal. The game rolled on and got pretty grim for my Opponent, and ended on a score of 6-0.

R2, Supremacy against Nomads. Things got really drat close. We basically kept knocking the poo poo out of each other, losing key strategy pieces in a bizarre tit for tat in my left flank, but a cunning Intelliops usage stole the match from a 5-5 draw to my favour, 6-4.

R3, Frontline against Ju Jing. gently caress you, dice. gently caress you :rolldice:. Everything on my side of the board died by T2's end after an almost perfect flurry of rolling high when I needed low, and low when I needed high. In retrospect, I could have turn the tide, but I focused on using the wrong things to kill the right things. I also possibly chose the wrong list, but w/e.

Return on the day was £15 store credit for the painting award and lunch paid for, which came to over the costs for the event. So all good really!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Well done mate, what lists did you take in the end? and pics of the complete army. :)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I only used one list, even though I took two. Sphinx list seemed to never be right, but that might have been a mistake in R3.

List I used was:

Fourth Stimpirical Chilldankly Detection and Eradication Operations
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 3
CHARONTID Lieutenant (Multispectral Visor L3) HMG, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 79)
DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
FRAACTA Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
ANYAT K1 Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
MALIGNOS MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 42)
M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
NEXUS Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

GROUP 2 1 1

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'd probably spend some time tightening it up a little. 4 Daturazi might be overkill, and I never seemed to need both slaves, So there's around 17pts wiggle room, aka 2 Imetrons, and an Ikkadron.

I'll get some photos tomorrow, since I cba setting up my camera after standing up all day.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Is there any word about what's in the Red Veil expansion box? I just finished painting the contents of Red Veil and I'm still hyped.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Sephyr posted:

Is there any word about what's in the Red Veil expansion box? I just finished painting the contents of Red Veil and I'm still hyped.

There's vidyas on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/InfinitythegameCB/videos/10155037648723842/

e. the loving Fiday and Rafiq are :eyepop:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I am feeling a little jelly, the Yu Jing models seem the least outstanding of all of those outstanding models :v:

S.J. fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 16, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

S.J. posted:

I am feeling a little jelly, the Yu Jing models seem the least outstanding of all of those outstanding models :v:

You should probably report to the nearest place of re-education, citizen.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Pics of the minis I took yesterday as promised.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Niice, what did you use for the Corax skin mate?

S.J. posted:

The one guy looks a bit derpy from the front but the rest are great.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

The one guy looks a bit derpy from the front but the rest are great.

I think they're all fantastic. I just don't think the Dao Fei model has as much presence as the bigger centerpiece models in that set of the other factions. But that might be because it didn't get quite as much show time in the trailer. I'm still looking forward to it :v:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

I used a weird technique I developed a while back, but am happy to share

Undercoat black then several very light drybrushes of VALLEJO white till the surfaces are about 75% white. It MUST be Vallejo because it's a more porous paint than any other brand.

It should look like this once ready:

The face is:

Army painter Poisonous Cloud on a damp (not wet) brush, couple of layers should do it. try to avoid the deep recesses, but it shouldn't matter too much.

P3 green ink thinned with a bit of water over the top

Army painter green tone into the recesses

then carefully pick out the edges and large flat areas with another milk thin layer or two of Poisonous cloud.

The body is:

multiple layers of Army painter green ink straight over the drybrushed white till it's "green" enough.

one layer of soft tone, which is loving magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
That's really interesting, I want to try it!

There's a local pro painter who does a similar thing with spray paint - he calls it a chundercoat. A hazy speckled white zenith coat over a black base, then work out up with glazes and shades. Comes out with this great birds-egg look and very bright.

• Locked thread