Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

this is the pot calling the kettle a stalker

the dude tweeted the website its on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

Jesus Christ I never looked up Mark Abent before, but I wanted to see what the Senior Gameplay Programmer at CIG has done in the past.

Mark Abent has worked on the following released titles (credited):
  • Black Mesa
That's it. He was a programmer for the Black Mesa mod. That's his only released game. What the gently caress.

The Senior Gameplay Programmer for one of the most ambitious and costly games in history has a single released title, and it's for a goddamn mod. What. The. gently caress.

You seem surprised by this, but SC is a really jacked up CryEngine mod. They did a great job with it, too. It's some great modding.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Space Crabs posted:

oh okay as long as the CSI zoom and enhance of a game developers bedroom is justified i guess carry on

Not disagreeing or agreeing with your point. But calling Ben Lesnick a developer is rich as hell, and I'll never get tired of it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

oh okay as long as the CSI zoom and enhance of a game developers bedroom is justified i guess carry on

Are you on your first computer? You can actually just click a picture and see it full size.

It's not some TV magic you saw once on a show.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your posts here aren't very funny and you aren't a good thread sheriff.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

Are you on your first computer? You can actually just click a picture and see it full size.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your posts here aren't very funny and you aren't a good thread sheriff.

:rip: marching powder, the hero we needed and deserved

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Oh right, guy who has been probated for being creepy who has a long history of touching the poop by tweeting tickle gifs and weird poo poo to official twitter handles of game developers, my posts are nowhere near "What does Ben Lesnicks bedroom look like really?!" posting. I concede goon sir.

Sedisp posted:

the dude tweeted the website its on.

like i said, as long as the zoom and enhance of the items in a game developers bedroom is justified because he tweeted out a link after the thread dug up the pictures of his bedroom first then I'm okay with knowing every possible detail including the items in his nightstand and the material his pillow is made of because it's relevant to star citizen because

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 13, 2017

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

I want to point out that this isn't some conspiracy or that I'm trying to make stuff up to discredit Mark or to make fun of him; this is a real thing. This is also not a good thing.

What is the proper strategy for poaching top talent away from big name developers that offer high salaries that aren't dependent on pledges, benefits that won't be yanked away because the company is in no danger of going under, competent management that won't second guess your calls, and realistic time tables that won't make you work crunch time through your kids' soccer games?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

quit this crybaby idiot slapfight and also quit playing the game wherein you do forensic analysis on a picture of Ben's thanksgiving dinner spread or whatever the gently caress is going on here thanks

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

The only evidence I have that OSC is Derek is that I don't believe Derek can be that far up 2 asses at the same time.

Sounds like something a Derek would say...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

like i said, as long as the zoom and enhance of the items in a game developers bedroom is justified because he tweeted out a link after the thread dug up the pictures of his bedroom first then I'm okay with knowing every possible detail including the items in his nightstand and the material his pillow is made of because it's relevant to star citizen because

You really are thinking a lot about a dumb image. Hell, we played the same game of "identify stupid poo poo in this image" with this very image.

Space Crabs posted:

he tweeted out a link after the thread dug up the pictures of his bedroom first

That's horseshit. You're a liar.

We only found out about it because he tweeted it you rube.

Beet Wagon posted:

quit this crybaby idiot slapfight and also quit playing the game wherein you do forensic analysis on a picture of Ben's thanksgiving dinner spread or whatever the gently caress is going on here thanks

Fine.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 13, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Goddamn but Ben's office is depressing

Normally you don't even have to come in to the office, you can do his job from home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJC0FLA3Sk

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

you should invite marching powder back to the thread and make him IK

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

Jesus Christ I never looked up Mark Abent before, but I wanted to see what the Senior Gameplay Programmer at CIG has done in the past.

Mark Abent has worked on the following released titles (credited):
  • Black Mesa
That's it. He was a programmer for the Black Mesa mod. That's his only released game. What the gently caress.

The Senior Gameplay Programmer for one of the most ambitious and costly games in history has a single released title, and it's for a goddamn mod. What. The. gently caress.

The best part of Bugsmashers is watching how much poo poo is stripped out for a result when the original code was probably there for a reason. Albeit, there are much better ways to handle problems in the original Crysis engine...but they are there for a reason and these wanton hacks on the code without lack of regression testing are the results we get laughs most days when Olisar rings float around.

This of course is a lack of management. Fidelity over quality. Hence, Roberts is basically at fault for producing these issues.

It's not solving bugs. Your foundation of your house is caving in and you are spackling the cracks on the drywall to give a nice appearance before you sell the poo poo heap to some idiot.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

That's horseshit. You're a liar.

We only found out about it because he tweeted it you rube.

since you are the twitter weirdo i figured you would remember that people were googling his old wing commander forums information to find his IRC chat logs and personal pictures and his tweet was actually "Ha ha looks like some people found my joke site!" after people like you were contacting him about it publicly.

Beet Wagon posted:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Wrecked Angle posted:

Exactly. The few I have seen that may be inching closer to some kind of realisation are the ones that are wondering why they're having a sales push 2 months before what will be their landmark release.

It's almost like they need the money.
It's almost like 3.0 isn't gonna be out at the end of June.
It's almost like CIG is anticipating a long, lean summer of discontent and wants to build up as much of a warchest as possible while backers are still optimistic.

Most still aren't connecting the dots though, and if they begin to join then the backers cognitive dissonance kicks in and they start telling themselves the same old mantras...

'I'd rather have a great game than a rushed one'
'They have X hundred staff, how can they not be making a game?'
'Chris only releases things which are very high quality'
'I/They don't understand game development'

Here is a post I made in my July blog 3 months ago.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
You guys were playing nice less than a page ago

We sorely need a new CIG fuckup imo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm stealing. Did you make it?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

YOU try entertaining goons. :colbert:

Go ahead. Say something funny.

I just swing by to post about video game sales. I'm not very funny usually, but I will let you know when a cool game is on sale.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Meridian posted:

I just swing by to post about video game sales. I'm not very funny usually, but I will let you know when a cool game is on sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWqQUz0xAAQ&t=52s

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

this is why it's so goddamn hard for them to finish anything. when key people, especially programming staff, leave in the middle of a project, it hurts. you don't just slam another person in there, no matter what reddit thinks. you can lose months or years of development with the loss of several (or sometimes even one) key programmers

chris must have cum all over his black jeans n turtleneck combo when amazon sent real, honest to god programmers with experience and released games under their belt

he must've been fuckin pissed when they took the gently caress off, too

I agree with this. :)

Though the thing that gets me is I'm not sure if he's happy that he gets experienced people, or if he dreads it because he needs to reprogram them to follow his footsteps. I feel like he's like that new hire manager who has to shake things up and change procedures because he needs to incite his authority over his group. And like that manager he never bothered to actually learn the job beforehand, because he already knows how things have to go.

Sadly CR is out of his depth but too egotistical to let the reigns go at the moment to somebody with actual production knowledge. Having people who've shipped games more recently than 10-20 years ago would be a direct challenge to his capabilities. What will he do if this guy/girl says "No, Chris, this is how this works to get this part working."

And then you have high turnover because you're Chris Roberts the loving CEO with millions of dollars you feel you earned.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
https://www.redacted.tv/star-citizen-roadmap-releases-now-2017/

Here is a blog post by Boredgamer from 9 months ago.

Highlights

Expect 2.6 any week now. ~ October 2016

3.0 THE STANTON SYSTEM
This update should be with us before Christmas & progress on this patch is kind of separate from anything SQ42 and 2.6 related.

OTHER 2016 RELEASES
SQ42 Demo
Delta Patching

SQ42 EPISODE 1 DELAY
But expect them to have a good amount of polish on SQ42 Episode one when it does come out as everything is greyboxed or better already.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

spacetoaster posted:

I'm stealing. Did you make it?

Yes, apparently I made it 1 year ago and it has been viewed ~2000 times. Good old thread.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
remember when we doxxed mark abent from the darkweb site linkedin

that was p hosed up

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Wrecked Angle posted:

https://www.redacted.tv/star-citizen-roadmap-releases-now-2017/

Here is a blog post by Boredgamer from 9 months ago.

Highlights

Expect 2.6 any week now. ~ October 2016

3.0 THE STANTON SYSTEM
This update should be with us before Christmas & progress on this patch is kind of separate from anything SQ42 and 2.6 related.

OTHER 2016 RELEASES
SQ42 Demo
Delta Patching

SQ42 EPISODE 1 DELAY
But expect them to have a good amount of polish on SQ42 Episode one when it does come out as everything is greyboxed or better already.
lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know how loving stupid you have to be to believe in october that they could have 3.0 ready for the end of the year

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You guys were playing nice less than a page ago

We sorely need a new CIG fuckup imo

TGI Thursday.

Patience my friend. If not today with AtV, then definitely tomorrow with the schedule.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know how loving stupid you have to be to believe in october that they could have 3.0 ready for the end of the year

Lots of them believed 3.0 and SQ42 in some form were coming in December

:lol:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I don't have much else...

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Friday is when cig really shines

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Do you have the one where he is walking around like a stupid Terminator?

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Do you have the one where he is walking around like a stupid Terminator?

Here you go, commando:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

X-Ultron posted:

Here you go, commando:

Thank you.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

you should invite marching powder back to the thread and make him IK

We don't deserve Marching Powder :smith:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lol, the two official Space **** thread retards are having a slapfight

Man of Many Aliases, please come rescue us

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

X-Ultron posted:

Here you go, commando:

Finally, my immersion.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Heh, jokes on you goonies:

"You originally stated that Star Citizen’s development would not be delayed by adopting Lumberyard. Is that still the case now that you’ve been working with it for several months?

Yes – the change to Lumberyard hasn’t delayed us on the project. In fact, in some cases, such as utilizing the new graphics features implemented in Lumberyard, it saved time and sped things up compared to the very drawn out process of creating that work from scratch."

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/star-citizen-re-built-in-amazons-lumberyard/

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ayn Marx posted:

Lol, the two official Space **** thread retards are having a slapfight

Man of Many Aliases, please come rescue us

I find your use of the term retard to be problematic.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

his nibs posted:

Heh, jokes on you goonies:

"You originally stated that Star Citizen’s development would not be delayed by adopting Lumberyard. Is that still the case now that you’ve been working with it for several months?

Yes – the change to Lumberyard hasn’t delayed us on the project. In fact, in some cases, such as utilizing the new graphics features implemented in Lumberyard, it saved time and sped things up compared to the very drawn out process of creating that work from scratch."

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/star-citizen-re-built-in-amazons-lumberyard/

Dang. I thought there was going to be a new drama thread entry on the failure of the Amazon/lumberyard thing.

How dumb are we?

Or is the joke that it only took a few days because there was nothing there to begin with?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

How dumb are we?

Back to square one I guess

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU