Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
That's pretty interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
K so I got an interesting (read:dumb) list for scum. But I hit a snag, I will describe after the list.

Frau with expertise, adv. Protorps, autothrusters, title.
Bossk with VI, mangler, gunner, k4, hotcop, EU, stimms.

I just realized hotcop doesn't trigger on the mangler cannon. What should I replace it with? Or cut and go for a stupid big init draw? Or slap the title on Bossk?

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Frau with expertise, adv. Protorps, autothrusters, title.
Bossk with VI, mangler, gunner, k4, hotcop, EU, stimms.

Both ships are way too expensive. You'd be better off stripping them down and adding a Quadjumper, Scyk or Z95 into the mix.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Now here I am debating if the Cruise Missile / Bugzapper list is worth picking up 3 Scurrgs

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Strip the Advanced Torps from Fenn, take off both Gunner and Hotshot Co-pilot from Bossk. That's 15 points for a cheap Z or Scyk blocker, which will do a lot more for all of those ships than any of those upgrades.

The average expected damage from Advanced Torps on Fenn is less than half an extra hit over his native attack dice at range 1.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Mangler is pretty underwhelming on Bossk too since it only really benefits targets in primary arc range 2-3.

If you want to keep the fat Hound's Tooth I'd switch to Moralo Eval with HLC.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Strobe posted:

Strip the Advanced Torps from Fenn, take off both Gunner and Hotshot Co-pilot from Bossk. That's 15 points for a cheap Z or Scyk blocker, which will do a lot more for all of those ships than any of those upgrades.

The average expected damage from Advanced Torps on Fenn is less than half an extra hit over his native attack dice at range 1.

Even with expertise?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Yeah. With Expertise if you're out of arc against a non-turret ship you take a target lock. Same number of dice.

Advanced Proton Torpedo has a very, very good chance of rolling 5 hits (on the order of 99%). But it's still only five hits.

Primary attack is still five dice, and with Expertise and TL you're looking at, on the initial roll:

2.5 hits
1.25 focus
1.25 blank

Rerolling the 1.25 blanks gets you another 0.75 hits, 0.375 focus, and 0.375 blanks.

Which leaves you with a post-TL average of:

3.25 hits
1.625 focus
0.375 blanks

And an average total hits of 4.88. The difference is less than 0.1 hits on the attack. Granted, variance favors the Advanced Proton, with a minimum lower bound of three hits guaranteed, but the odds of rolling less than three hits on a Primary attack is... very low.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Are you doing 5 or 6 dice in your APT Fenn maths?

For content: FFG had 42 people show up for their Wave 11 release. Went 3-1 with the very effective and easy to play Kath/Ketsu list.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Picked up my ships on the way home from work. Glad I pre ordered, Agressors are all gone and the Scurrg is almost sold out.

Also 4 tlt players get real touchy when you tell them a brain dead chimp could fly their list.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
You mean a chimp could play for them? Like a guidance chimp?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Iceclaw posted:

You mean a chimp could play it for them? Like a guidance chimp?

There is a special place in hell for bad pun makers

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Strobe posted:

Yeah. With Expertise if you're out of arc against a non-turret ship you take a target lock. Same number of dice.

Advanced Proton Torpedo has a very, very good chance of rolling 5 hits (on the order of 99%). But it's still only five hits.

Primary attack is still five dice, and with Expertise and TL you're looking at, on the initial roll:

2.5 hits
1.25 focus
1.25 blank

Rerolling the 1.25 blanks gets you another 0.75 hits, 0.375 focus, and 0.375 blanks.

Which leaves you with a post-TL average of:

3.25 hits
1.625 focus
0.375 blanks

And an average total hits of 4.88. The difference is less than 0.1 hits on the attack. Granted, variance favors the Advanced Proton, with a minimum lower bound of three hits guaranteed, but the odds of rolling less than three hits on a Primary attack is... very low.

But APTs are 6 dice on Fenn.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Raged posted:

There is a special place in hell for bad pun makers

There is probably a cauldron with my name on it there, then!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just packed all my new stuff in it's foam and organized my cards. Noticed I had gotten an extra copy of a new card

I now have an extra copy of Synced Turret

Gee thanks FFG

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Raged posted:

Just packed all my new stuff in it's foam and organized my cards. Noticed I had gotten an extra copy of a new card

I now have an extra copy of Synced Turret

Gee thanks FFG

If you don't want it I'll take it

badCombina
Jun 6, 2013

You're the DJ of this gig!
It's time to come back to X-Wing can anyone do a recap what has happen since triple jumpmaster was a thing ?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

vrklgn posted:

It's time to come back to X-Wing can anyone do a recap what has happen since triple jumpmaster was a thing ?

The new meta involves bombs, ASLAM, living in fear of upcoming nerfs, being just a LITTLE bit subtle when changing your dials during your opponent's moves, and a surprising resurgence of the Triple Int Aces list.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Oh I forgot to ask what you thought about the list after playing it.

I haven't played it yet! I want to though.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

and a surprising resurgence of the Triple Int Aces list.

Do you mean things like Quickdraw/Vessery/Omega Leader? Because that list is solid.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Do you mean things like Quickdraw/Vessery/Omega Leader? Because that list is solid.

Int as in Interceptors. They're so fetch.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

vrklgn posted:

Scum big ships dominate the meta still with Fenn Rau , an unkillable small Ace

Miranda and Dash are pretty good still but not winning huge tournaments

Deci/Ace is still good but not as good as the previous two mentioned

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Is there any room for the Phantom in the current meta or is my poor ship dead?

Unrelated, are there any good 4-player scenarios for casual groups?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

alg posted:

Scum big ships dominate the meta still with Fenn Rau , an unkillable small Ace

Miranda and Dash are pretty good still but not winning huge tournaments

Deci/Ace is still good but not as good as the previous two mentioned

Except for the Euro nationals, that is.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

Int as in Interceptors. They're so fetch.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that only crazy people fly that. It's a terrible list.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
There's a guy at my local shop that likes flying Triple Interceptors and it's fun to see how many die before ever getting a shot off.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Has there ever been any word on them releasing the Assault Gunboat and Missile Boat? Missile Boat could have built-in extra muntions and be incredibly fast (but not agile), while the gunboat could be slow and tough.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that only crazy people fly that. It's a terrible list.

Never call a crazy person crazy.

DogCop posted:

There's a guy at my local shop that likes flying Triple Interceptors and it's fun to see how many die before ever getting a shot off.

Alex?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Has there ever been any word on them releasing the Assault Gunboat and Missile Boat? Missile Boat could have built-in extra muntions and be incredibly fast (but not agile), while the gunboat could be slow and tough.

They will not release any good and cool EU ships like this, or the Cloakshape.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Nah. All imperial small ships must be TIE

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Let's be honest, the Gunboat is pretty much poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

They're not good designs.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

Let's be honest, the Gunboat is pretty much poo poo.

Improbable Lobster posted:

They're not good designs.

They look stupid and would fill the role that the TIE Punisher does now. COUNT ME IN

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Just be thankful we haven't started getting Vong Coralskippers yet.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cloakshape is like a space P-38 and is certainly a better and more deserving design than the scyk. :colbert:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Give us a TIE Droid pack with nothing but PS1 computer pilots and unique system upgrades for them.

Actually give us Skipray Gunboats.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Poe Dameron comic has some really ugly and truly silly ships.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/behold-frankensteins-star-wars-ships-1792390615

Why yes, that IS an AT-ST head with TIE Fighter wing panels, thank you for asking!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"uglies" are the dumbest concept in EU spaceships and it would be a toss up as to whether I would see that or the geigeresque torture monster alien's coral ships in the game.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Ringo Star Get posted:

Give us a TIE Droid pack with nothing but PS1 computer pilots and unique system upgrades for them.

Actually give us Skipray Gunboats.

Just give us some bullets to the teeth with some unique bone fragments.

There are certain ships that I have NO IDEA why people are so gung ho about getting in the game. I'd rather FFG spend a wave or 2 bringing older ships such as the X-Wing and Interceptor up to current power creep levels rather than throwing more deep dive obsolete EU poo poo into the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

enigmahfc posted:

I'd rather FFG spend a wave or 2 bringing older ships such as the X-Wing, Interceptor, and U-Wing up to current power creep levels rather than throwing more deep dive obsolete EU poo poo into the mix.

Fixed that for ya, but yes. I wanna see the OG X-wings back in the game again.

• Locked thread