Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

Healthcare bill still appears to be hosed in terms of vote count.

Collins is a confirmed no, Rand Paul is a confirmed no. A new no is Senator Rob Portman and a lot of other "moderates" are silent early. Graham and Cassidy have already introduced a completely different bill.

So McConnell has already lost the three votes he needed. Welp!

https://twitter.com/arogDC/status/885548551715139585

Paul just wants a full repeal with no replacement, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I need all the dirt you may have on Manafort and anyone else in the trump admin ASAP please. I have someone who has been a true Believer in trump on the hooks, and he's biting. Fucker has been following hardcore right wing news a long time, but he's starting to break.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

windshipper posted:

I need all the dirt you may have on Manafort and anyone else in the trump admin ASAP please. I have someone who has been a true Believer in trump on the hooks, and he's biting. Fucker has been following hardcore right wing news a long time, but he's starting to break.

CSPAM Trump thread might be a better ask.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Will do, thanks!

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Ceiling fan posted:

Yes. This form gets really fun when your sibling marries a foreign national who travels a lot.
:emo:

What if you aren't on speaking terms with your family, Because they disowned you for being a non-hetero? They can now deny clearances for being gay?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

What if you aren't on speaking terms with your family, Because they disowned you for being a non-hetero? They can now deny clearances for being gay?

I'm not on speaking terms with my biological cum spurt who lives in Mexico but I still got a very high clearance so I doubt that's an issue.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Wait you are responsible to know everyone who your grown adult siblings and kids talk to for seven years?

Well that depends, are you a normal schlub on the street or someone rich, white and powerful? Cause, yeah, for everyone not like that the SF86 is a monstrous pain in the dick to fill out and you'll get loving nailed to the wall with at a minimum loss of clearance/job, and frequently with no-poo poo legal consequences, if you "accidentally" "forget" some "contacts" you "may" have had.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

If you're legitimately estranged from your family it isn't necessarily a problem. The point is to investigate areas where a prospective applicant may or may not be vulnerable to overtures a hostile foreign intelligence agency. So financial woes, blackmail opportunities, family connections and so on.

If you don't have connections to your family, obviously that becomes a nonissue.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys the new GOP healthcare bill is fantastic now! Our good friend Ted Cruz got an amendment added to it that allows for cheaper health care plans!

bbc.com posted:

The bill also incorporates Senator Ted Cruz's proposal to let insurers offer stripped-down, low-cost healthcare plans by ducking Obamacare rules requiring coverage for "essential" health benefits.

These include maternity and postnatal care, mental health services, addiction treatment, outpatient care, hospitalisation, emergency room visits and prescription drugs.

The GOP. If your baby is a 5 headed mutant you should praise god for his generosity.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ded posted:

Guys the new GOP healthcare bill is fantastic now! Our good friend Ted Cruz got an amendment added to it that allows for cheaper health care plans!

The GOP. If your baby is a 5 headed mutant you should praise god for his generosity.

They're also pushing Health Savings Accounts in the new version. You now have the FREEDOM to put as much of your wealth as you want, up to a yearly cap, in a completely tax-free savings account specifically for health care....until you hit 65 then you can withdraw all of that money, plus interest, for anything with no penalty and no taxes. All that FREEDOM is gonna fix this country right up, yes sir.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Good thing poor people got all that money to put into what is basically another IRA.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I thought FSA funds had to be used every year?

Anybody pushing for more FSA's has obviously never used one cuz they are a loving nightmare.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

Good thing poor people got all that money to put into what is basically another IRA.

Let me put my Republican hat on here for a second.

Poor.........."people"?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I wonder if the "I love it" Hitler stache was intentional.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is that the real cover

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Reverand maynard posted:

is that the real cover

yup

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The real question is do you think he'll put it up in any of his businesses?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Pesticide20 posted:

The real question is do you think he'll put it up in any of his businesses?

They'd have to take down some of the fake covers to make space

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

Has to be. I love it.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

TBeats posted:

Makes you think

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Not The Onion.

https://twitter.com/Kyle_Feldscher/status/885581965566636033

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

For those of you who say the President is unrelatable, I say this- who HASN'T been walking by the border and gotten hit in the head by a 60 lbs sack of drugs?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/885582629638156288

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sometimes I wonder if any of this is real and maybe i'm just like that autistic kid looking into a snow globe

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
maybe its still 2006 and I'm in Iraq and got hit with a rocket and this has all been a long coma dream? IDK

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sometimes i think i died on that living room floor in 2014 before the ambulance came

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

Rakka's 2017 timeline was way better than this one we're in.

Gonna see a shambling, fatass old white dude with gangrene from THE BEETUS walking down capitol hill with the bill in hand saying "Do not be afraid! They have built a conservatory for us!"

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

sometimes I wonder if any of this is real and maybe i'm just like that autistic kid looking into a snow globe

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

bengy81 posted:

I thought FSA funds had to be used every year?

Anybody pushing for more FSA's has obviously never used one cuz they are a loving nightmare.

FSA's are terrible. HSA's are different. They don't require you to spend the money, and, as previously mentioned, once you hit 65 all the money is available tax free. It is another way for the wealthy to avoid taxes that doesn't help the poor in any way, since they most likely cannot afford to put any money into the account.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have twice the amount of my deductible in my HSA and almost as much as my benefit's maximum out of pocket expenses. I get a shitload put in for doing a health screening every year. But I'm a privileged white dude so of course I have it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Is...is this a real quote? :stare:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Somebody should really photoshop Trump into the mirror.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

where is this from

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Quantum Leap.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Godholio posted:

You know by now how Donald speaks. Search your heart and listen to what it tells you.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

From the White House transcript of the conversation.

This was the 'off-the-record' conversation that Trump was upset about because it wasn't mentioned by the press.

e: awaiting word that it will be transparent gold, 12,000 stadia long, and 144 cubits thick.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 13, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know you'll all be shocked to read this, but Trump's lawyer is a pissy manbaby

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/885603545357090816

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

joat mon posted:

From the White House transcript of the conversation.

This was the 'off-the-record' conversation that Trump was upset about because it wasn't mentioned by the press.

The best part is that the White House curiously left out a part of the transcript.

https://twitter.com/juliehdavis/status/885587401485291522

Basically Donnie admitting "yeah I knew about that meeting". It basically explains why the White House never wants him on record about anything, he just admits the skeezy poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Haha what the hell

quote:

President Trump's visit to Paris got off to a chaotic start after the leader was separated from his motorcade arriving from Paris airport on Thursday morning.

The tail end of the group of cars took a wrong turn, drove onto oncoming traffic and barely dodged pedestrians, with the media not able to document Trump's arrival to the US ambassador's residence.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11890470

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What if whatever brain problem he has is contagious

• Locked thread