Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
This should end the root beer debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cage posted:

Heat oven to 425° and bake tater tots according to package instructions.
Using a rolling pin, roll bread slices until very flat. Spread each slice with mayonnaise then sprinkle with cheese. Lay baked tater tots on top of bread and lightly smash. Top with pickles and mini hot dogs then roll up tightly. Slice into 4 to 5 pieces.
Serve with ranch dressing.

Hate ranch and mayo? gently caress you we use both.

In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine pickle juice and whiskey and bring mixture to a simmer. Remove saucepan from heat then whisk in gelatin. Let mixture cool slightly.
Make pickle shot glasses: Cut off the ends of each pickle so that both ends are flat, then cut each pickle in half crosswise. Using a quarter teaspoon, scoop out the middle of each pickle to create a well.
Carefully pour whiskey mixture into each pickle then sprinkle dill on top. Refrigerate until jello is set, about 2 hours.

D:

gently caress you, delish.

Alcohol evaporates at a lower temperature than water. If you simmer it, you're losing precious alcohol!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hey anyone in this thread know how to make mashed potatoes

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Dienes posted:

Alcohol evaporates at a lower temperature than water. If you simmer it, you're losing precious alcohol!
While thats an important issue, I feel the bigger problem is mixing pickle juice and whiskey in the first place. Holy yuck.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brawnfire posted:

Boil water, add packet, stir

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Boil em mash em

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cage posted:

While thats an important issue, I feel the bigger problem is mixing pickle juice and whiskey in the first place. Holy yuck.

Mixing it's gross but pickle juice makes for a good chaser.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Iron Crowned posted:

Boil water, add packet, stir

You get individual packets? Get a load of Mr. Fancy over here :rolleyes:

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Those were amazing microwaves that could split some loving atoms. They also cost as much as a car when they came out.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Oh, that is just crazy. Whiskey? Vodka I could understand, and know about picklebacks, but that's...a shot of whiskey mixed with pickle juice. Served in a pickle.

Ah, it's a JELLO shot, too? That sounds much, much worse. I guess I would try it, of course, but who would ever make and serve such a thing? I don't know anyone who would waste pickles and booze like that and definitely would not pay for one, although I don't know where would even sell them.

I've made Kool-Aid pickles before because I was curious.
Not mine:

They were okay. I used this stuff that wasn't actually Kool-Aid -- it was much more sour, and I didn't add any sugar, and I didn't really know what I was doing, but they were fine.

While looking for pictures of Kool-Aid pickles, I found this:

Apparently this is a thing from Chicago. http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-hearken-pickle-peppermint-food-0315-20170313-story.html

It's like the Baltimore lemon stick except it's a pickle.

This makes sense to me.

But I don't know what's going on in Chicago. They are taking things to another level.

You Can Now Get the Pickle-Peppermint Snow Cone You Never Knew You Wanted

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

RBA Starblade posted:

Mixing it's gross but pickle juice makes for a good chaser.

Picklebacks are pro as hell

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You get individual packets? Get a load of Mr. Fancy over here :rolleyes:

SOmetimes I just want to eat garbage out of a mixing bowl in my underwear like the piece of poo poo I am

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

SOmetimes I just want to eat garbage out of a mixing bowl in my underwear like the piece of poo poo I am

Too civilized. Ditch the undies.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Samizdata posted:

Too civilized. Ditch the undies.

Then where do they keep the mixing bowl?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Subjunctive posted:

Then where do they keep the mixing bowl?
makeshift kangaroo pouch

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Mr-Spain posted:

Those were amazing microwaves that could split some loving atoms. They also cost as much as a car when they came out.

who doesn't love a microwave you can fit your head into easily :psyduck:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Elizabethan Error posted:

Well, they had to be big. They're called microwave ovens for a reason.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Haifisch posted:

It's almost like there's a reason we use sauces that can seep into the pasta? :confused:

You don't like plain pasta? It's very nice, like strong bread.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jmcrofts posted:

Picklebacks are pro as hell

I don't even like dill pickles and picklebacks are delicious

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elizabethan Error posted:

How small is your microwave??

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

How small is your microwave??
It's not got a easily defeated door, and it's about half as big as the one posted i guess?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wtf why am i laughing so hard at this

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
God, why doesn't no one Remember Weird Al's advice about your head and micowave

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Was going to post that DS9 clip, aliens hating root beer was a running joke on the show

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p

I.C. posted:

Oh, that is just crazy. Whiskey? Vodka I could understand, and know about picklebacks, but that's...a shot of whiskey mixed with pickle juice. Served in a pickle.

Ah, it's a JELLO shot, too? That sounds much, much worse. I guess I would try it, of course, but who would ever make and serve such a thing? I don't know anyone who would waste pickles and booze like that and definitely would not pay for one, although I don't know where would even sell them.

I've made Kool-Aid pickles before because I was curious.
Not mine:

They were okay. I used this stuff that wasn't actually Kool-Aid -- it was much more sour, and I didn't add any sugar, and I didn't really know what I was doing, but they were fine.

While looking for pictures of Kool-Aid pickles, I found this:

Apparently this is a thing from Chicago. http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-hearken-pickle-peppermint-food-0315-20170313-story.html

It's like the Baltimore lemon stick except it's a pickle.

This makes sense to me.

But I don't know what's going on in Chicago. They are taking things to another level.

You Can Now Get the Pickle-Peppermint Snow Cone You Never Knew You Wanted

Would on the peppermint/pickle combo. It actually sounds kinda good to me? I just really like pickles though.

At least the two ingredients by themselves are identifiable and edible, unlike placenta on a plate a few pages back. What was that even supposed to be? :cry:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Wtf why am i laughing so hard at this

It's insidious

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's insidious

The more I watch it the harder I laugh

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cage posted:

I went to one of Alton Brown's live shows recently. One of his experiments involves making a drink with ingredients drawn randomly from a Price Is Right type spinny wheel, then freezing it to show how the taste is affected. The poor girl from the audience got: Rum (she asked for light and he gave her Myer's Dark), creme de menthe and tomato juice. I also saw pickle juice on the wheel somewhere.

Judging by his reaction after she made him take a slug, it was probably the worst drink he'd made on the tour.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Brawnfire posted:

any excuse to repost this: https://galpalactic.tumblr.com/post/134577149346/me-googles-how-to-mash-potatoes-some-food

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

swineapple

shove it straight into my mouth

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I went to one of Alton Brown's live shows recently. One of his experiments involves making a drink with ingredients drawn randomly from a Price Is Right type spinny wheel, then freezing it to show how the taste is affected. The poor girl from the audience got: Rum (she asked for light and he gave her Myer's Dark), creme de menthe and tomato juice. I also saw pickle juice on the wheel somewhere.

Judging by his reaction after she made him take a slug, it was probably the worst drink he'd made on the tour.

When I saw him do that bit, the poor woman he brought up got gin, fernet branca, and hot sauce. I felt terrible for everyone involved.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Bumblefuck! posted:

When I saw him do that bit, the poor woman he brought up got gin, fernet branca, and hot sauce. I felt terrible for everyone involved.

Would.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

swineapple

I'm not sure you understand this thread...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its sweeping all over insta/pintrest so its a food fad? vOv

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

its sweeping all over insta/pintrest so its a food fad? vOv

Oh poo poo, I forgot we merged the fad and AFP threads. My apologies.

And yes, I would gently caress that monstrosity up without a seconds hesitation.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Synthbuttrange posted:

swineapple

Good fad. Would eat.

LosMein
Feb 15, 2006
Some of those cutesy little videos you see on FB that show you a recipe in 20 seconds look good.

https://www.facebook.com/CookatThai/videos/1241659042624097/

Some of them don't. drat you Thailand.

Just in case you can't watch, here's an image. I don't hate mayonnaise, but I don't like the idea of it baked by itself.

e: fixed

LosMein has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Jul 14, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Eww, smooth peanut butter.

Randaconda posted:

It wasn't until I got on the internet back in the day that I learned peanut butter wasn't popular everywhere. It's just an American, and to a lesser extent Canadian, thing. But gently caress it, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and peanut butter cookies are great.
I don't know about other countries, but peanut butter is certainly fairly popular in Australia.

KakerMix posted:

Just wash and cut up some potatoes of choice (I like red personally and I always leave the skins on) boil them in salted water till they are tender and drain them, add milk and butter and mash them roughly and then eat them. Only thing I add is pepper and boy it sure is extremely easy and they keep well too so you can have mashed potatoes all week if you make a big enough batch.
I've got this jar of mixed herbs labelled "salad herbs" that contains onion, rice flour, parsley, coriander, marjoram, thyme, bell pepper, tarragon and dill weed, and I add some of that to my potatoes as I mash them and it takes them to a whole other level. Like, mashed potatoes are great to begin with, but with these herbs they're just amazing.

Shnicker posted:

e: don't know why the image isn't working here...
Because you used the URL for the imgur page, not the actual image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Looking through this thread's wealth of mid century jello abominations, it's just how striking me why in many shows, but especially Cabin and Hobbes, why leftovers were so despised.

You think salmon mold is weird fresh? Let it get half eaten, sit overnight in the fridge, then for an hour in the oven and it'll be even stranger.

Thank you AFP thread for helping me contextualize this trope.