Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

xzzy posted:

Be careful about linking your blizzard.net account on bungie.net, there was some sob story on reddit about someone orphaning their existing account (and game history, and apparently beta key).

That was pretty good. My roommate did this and did not get his account pummeled, so I can imagine what kind of special that Reddit dude was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ah reddit, home of intellectuals and important people.

Goddamn those videos are edited like poo poo.

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008
If this was purchased on PSN should I just expect the download to start eventually? I haven't received a key, but after looking around a bit it looks like it shouldn't be necessary if you bought it off PSN or XBL? Not sure.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mr. Glum posted:

If this was purchased on PSN should I just expect the download to start eventually? I haven't received a key, but after looking around a bit it looks like it shouldn't be necessary if you bought it off PSN or XBL? Not sure.

Good question.

The older beta was a different sky, so for PSN is like a different game. It probably should show somewhere in one of the many "you can download this poo poo" in PSN admin panels. Gonna check this now...

*Searching*

It shows has a separate product in the shopw
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=destiny%202%20beta

I have "bought" it and added to my download queue. It says 324 MB.

Edit:
Mr Glum says the truth

Edit:
Downloading. Shows a first download of 677 MB, and a larger one of 12 GB. So is kind of a 13 GB download.

Edit:

Guys, I am downloading the beta!

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/885571047596208129

This is what happends if you try to launch it:

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/885571795549646849

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 13, 2017

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008
I just found it by searching in the PSN Store. "Destiny 2" and "Destiny 2 - Beta" should show up as a result, when you hit that page you can download it from there.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
According to the TWAB all 6 subclasses that have shown up so far will be available in the beta. Top skill path only, though.

This makes me thing they might be holding back the other 3.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

PathAsc posted:

Goddamn those videos are edited like poo poo.

I'd love to see some unedited gameplay but it's pretty clear Bungie wouldn't allow them to show deaths for some reason. They also blur out the bottom of the screen for a little bit at one point, and every time the titan uses his super they zoom the entire video in to cut out the edges instead of just blurring whatever they didn't want you to see. Pretty weird.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

What purpose does editing out the deaths serve though?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

What purpose does editing out the deaths serve though?

It makes sure you don't see that all of them are from titan panic slams.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Yeah it definitely looks like the videos are editing to hide things.

Gun names perhsps. Among other things.

Shoulder charge is a 2 hit kill now, you need to land it and a follow up punch.

That Omolon pulse and auto looked like fun. Shotguns are still going to be cancer. I hope power ammo is on a long timer.

Voidwall nades are gay.

And the map looked good. I dont care its reused. A bit big for 4v4 though

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
What's going on with kill rewards? In this part the kill feed says a teammate made the kill, but the kill reward dialogue pops up on screen for the player. Has it gone all OverWatch, or is there a system that awards the kill to whoever did most of the killing?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sadnessboner posted:

What's going on with kill rewards? In this part the kill feed says a teammate made the kill, but the kill reward dialogue pops up on screen for the player. Has it gone all OverWatch, or is there a system that awards the kill to whoever did most of the killing?

He didn't get kill credit, he just got some medals for helping with an assist.

If you consider dumping 40 rounds into a wall "assisting."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

xzzy posted:

Well yeah because suppressing fire works

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

xzzy posted:

Yeah I've realised I'm a dumbass and those Defeated +1 messages are just the contribution to control mode points

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Will we get cool emblems from participating in the beta?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

a stylized goatsce for being one of the millions of idiots that preordered this game.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

sadnessboner posted:

At the reveal event I am pretty sure the endgame screen used "defeated" enemies which included both kills and assists. It probably works the same in game. I haven't played overwatch so I am not sure how it works compared to that. Makes sense with them going after casuals, much easier to have a "1.0 K/D+".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They're gonna be forced to display K/D somewhere, FPS spergs obsess about that poo poo like you wouldn't believe.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Maybe destinytracker and guardian.gg, would be pretty lol

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wow these Heatmaps of your playtime are really cool. You can see where I fell back into it hard and then broke off.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

texaholic posted:

Maybe destinytracker and guardian.gg, would be pretty lol

I would think so. The only reason those sites exist are for spergs to check stats.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OdinsBeard posted:

According to the TWAB all 6 subclasses that have shown up so far will be available in the beta. Top skill path only, though.

This makes me thing they might be holding back the other 3.

The official Destiny word was only one subclass per class was available for the Beta. ArcstriderPoledancer Hunter, Sentinel Titan, and Dawnbringer Warlock.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wonder if it's gonna be like the original where you get the 2nd subclass at level 15 or if there'll be a ttk type quest or both.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

With Zavala, Cayde-6, and Ikora all going to their own moons/worlds there has got to be some class specific quests.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 14, 2017

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

DrNutt posted:

The official Destiny word was only one subclass per class was available for the Beta. ArcstriderPoledancer Hunter, Sentinel Titan, and Dawnbringer Warlock.

Read the TWAB.

quote:

Its the moment weve all been waiting for: The Beta is upon us. No more long lines at events. Finally, anyone who wants to play Destiny 2 will. Youll get to bash enemies with your Sentinels Shield, flip through the air while wielding your Arcstriders staff, or rain fire from above with your Dawnblade.

Youve read first impressions and watched videos, but this will be your first true taste of what it feels like to be a Guardian in a new world. In addition to the new hotness, there will be some familiar (but updated) subclasses for you to play as well. The Beta will include Striker, Gunslinger, and Voidwalker with all of their Grenades, Melees and the top path of their abilities unlocked. The bottom paths will be saved for you to experience in the full game.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
"It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for: The Beta is upon us. No more long lines at events. Finally, anyone who wants to play Destiny 2 will. You’ll get to bash enemies with your Sentinel’s Shield, flip through the air while wielding your Arcstrider’s staff, or rain fire from above with your Dawnblade.

You’ve read first impressions and watched videos, but this will be your first true taste of what it feels like to be a Guardian in a new world. In addition to the new hotness, there will be some familiar (but updated) subclasses for you to play as well. The Beta will include Striker, Gunslinger, and Voidwalker with all of their Grenades, Melees and the top path of their abilities unlocked. The bottom paths will be saved for you to experience in the full game."

Hmm....

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I'm crossing my fingers that there'll be a special emblem for being on while the social space is open like there was for the hour the moon was available in the D1 beta and if that does turn out to be the case I will never wear any other emblem ever, just like I did the first time round :grin:

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm liking how loving euphoric Shaxx gets now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OdinsBeard posted:

Read the TWAB.

Oh derp. The last one talking about the beta before TWAB made it sound like you'd only get the three new ones.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

So is the PC version a port or no? I got a EA key but I'm on vacation from the 18th - 24th. Might just save it for PC unless it's an unoptimized cluster gently caress.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

96 spacejam posted:

So is the PC version a port or no? I got a EA key but I'm on vacation from the 18th - 24th. Might just save it for PC unless it's an unoptimized cluster gently caress.

Try a different thread :0

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Turns out if you are in Australia you have to select Europe as your region or your key is lost forever.

RIP beta I guess.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Destin Legaire mentioned my real name on youtube/twitch when I got one of his stupid codes. *swoon*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Destin Legaire mentioned my real name on youtube/twitch when I got one of his stupid codes. *swoon*

Who is that, congrats on whatever bring called out on the internet does?

Don't answer the first question, assume I don't give a poo poo

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Some of us hope that is replaced with something similar:

- When the Warlock dies, spawn a bunch of rings and gets a immunity phase that last 4 seconds. If he get most of these rings, regain 100% health, if not, start with less. Only active when dies and the super is full. Also when the super is full, moves faster and is blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatBCZ47wOY

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

ReverendDre posted:

Try a different thread :0

:salt: :salt: :salt:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

"Its the moment weve all been waiting for: The Beta is upon us. No more long lines at events. Finally, anyone who wants to play Destiny 2 will. Youll get to bash enemies with your Sentinels Shield, flip through the air while wielding your Arcstriders staff, or rain fire from above with your Dawnblade.

Youve read first impressions and watched videos, but this will be your first true taste of what it feels like to be a Guardian in a new world. In addition to the new hotness, there will be some familiar (but updated) subclasses for you to play as well. The Beta will include Striker, Gunslinger, and Voidwalkerwith all of their Grenades, Melees and the top path of their abilities unlocked. The bottom paths will be saved for you to experience in the full game."

Hmm....

This is bullshit, tops get to play the beta but bottoms get the shaft, again.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 14, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Call me when DeeJ makes a big deal out of your real name during a Bungie Live Stream

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Call me when DeeJ makes a big deal out of your real name during a Bungie Live Stream

starfucker