Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

This is mud, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump Jr – The US president, Donald Trump, has described the storm over his son’s meeting with a Russian lawyer as “the greatest witch-hunt in political history” and “sad!”" After Hokusai.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

After WF Yeames.

Evening Standard:

Brexit bill to cause constitutional clash with Scotland and Wales; So long, Dippy: museum's blue whale seeks to inspire love of living world

Mail:
MAC on... Corbyn and Trump's Russian connection

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

ikanreed posted:

How. How did we get to where treason is okay when sticking it to the libs?

How??

We've been there for awhile now, this is just the first time we've actually seen the sentiment in action.

It's Tribalism at it's purest. These people aren't even following an ideology anymore, their logic simply boils down to "Us Good, Them Bad." If their side does it, it must be right and pure and just because OUR SIDE did it, and they must do everything in their power to beat the OTHER SIDE because it's not OUR SIDE.

Treason, espionage, collusion, none of that is off the table. And if a member of OUR SIDE does something even worse, like assault or murder, then that's okay too because it's OUR SIDE and was done against the evil OTHER SIDE.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wait, what?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on... Corbyn and Trump's Russian connection

Tom Watson's really let himself go

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

First place my mind went to

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

Heck, if Kelly keeps sticking around the Southwest, there's a chance he and the family might actually arrive at the Gathering.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Oh for gently caress's sake!

byeyoz sfudd
tetyais

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake!

byeyoz sfudd
tetyais

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ikanreed posted:

How. How did we get to where treason is okay when sticking it to the libs?

How??

If this upsets you, don't look into what Ollie North is up to.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

duz posted:

If this upsets you, don't look into what Ollie North is up to.

My memory has been

shredded.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

:aaaaa:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Thank god we have people here willing to step up to the plate and be anal when people use an alphabet a very large amount of people find impenetrable and don't actually care how it's read or used

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's almost like people have used backwards Rs as a shorthand for Russia for decades, not only in recent political cartoons.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Abyssal Squid posted:

Cho Clovis da wan yah nuh tek. Where is your usual partisan politics portrayal in all this? Is the orange car belongs to a PNP perhaps he is a comrade in yellow? Still am confused because if that is so then is which party the hovering John Crow them represents.

Political Cartoons 2017: Still am confused because if that is so then is which party the hovering John Crow them represents

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Calaveron posted:

Thank god we have people here willing to step up to the plate and be anal when people use an alphabet a very large amount of people find impenetrable and don't actually care how it's read or used
Just don't mention the cartoons that use a caduceus. :ssh:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Pants Donkey posted:

Needs more dead baby funeral + replace TNT with bottles of Faygo

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

SwitchbladeKult posted:

A realize it is a bit late but can we add a gay abortion category for the worst use of Cyrillic to make English look Russian?
Put one up under worse label. Explain why ya think it is if ya don't think people will catch it.

Link to Gaybies Repository

Pants Donkey posted:

You are a balm for these troubled times.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Çøřŕəčᆠ łƏㅠëŔ1η₲ |$ ∨ξʁч jҧρ°®τҨИヒ.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Angepain posted:

Çøřŕəčᆠ łƏㅠëŔ1η₲ |$ ∨ξʁч jҧρ°®τҨИヒ.

:same:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Lord Hydronium posted:

Just don't mention the cartoons that use a caduceus. :ssh:

Hey guys, anyone got some weathervane takes?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FronzelNeekburm posted:

It's not even the first time he's done it. From March of last year:

CHAPPAQUIDDICK

Why does a fully grown male duck care so much about children's dolls?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Why does a fully grown male duck care so much about children's dolls?
Eh, lots of old farts care about Barbie dolls since they were a major social symbol when they were kids.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

"You say that about everything!"

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Kinda want that Corbyn for an avatar, tbh

e: or this one:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Not the first one to this metaphor.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Panty Saluter posted:

I keep on wanting to read some kind of childhood trauma into Tinsley's obsession with Barbie, but I think it's just that he's very lazy and it's the softest of soft targets.

Did Doonesbury do a cartoon praising the new Barbies?

I love this one, though.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

"makye amyeyaika gyayeat agaii"

A realize it is a bit late but can we add a gay abortion category for the worst use of Cyrillic to make English look Russian?

Yes, we really need a category for people to complain about the exact same thing that doesn't affect cartoon quality over and over again.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 14, 2017

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is good

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 14, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The story is literally,"I went to the meeting with the expectation of a foreign national giving me dirt on our political opponent" and this is nothing? :psyduck:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jerusalem posted:

The story is literally,"I went to the meeting with the expectation of a foreign national giving me dirt on our political opponent" and this is nothing? :psyduck:

Not just a foreign national - a foreign national directly working for her government who is directing the whole thing.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Oh boy. I wish Pope was on this. He probably is even if on vacation.

Turnbull just said something staggeringly dumb. You can follow it on real time by googling for "the laws of mathematics are very commendable".

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

I knew there was something SO OFF about both of those brother's smiles for so long but I just couldn't put my finger on it.
This image wordlessly explains it! they have the same mirthless 'I will bare my teeth now, this means I am pleased or content.' smile, like how a poorly programmed android would smile.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 14, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Alhazred posted:

The only reason to be upset about Barbie dolls being more "realistic" is if you're jerking off to them.

Well, there's one more reason...

Socialized Toymaking :argh:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Well, there's one more reason...

Socialized Toymaking :argh:

1. "Those same people?" Economics and child psychology are totally different fields, unless you're just lumping together all "experts" in anything into one basket, that can't possibly be true.
2. Yes, because it totally makes sense that the male brain is wired to like cars more than women
3. Eat poo poo Tinsley

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pakled posted:

unless you're just lumping together all "experts" in anything into one basket
Yes.

Edit: I guess in a sense they are similar to each other and different than Tinsley in that they care about data.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 14, 2017

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I played with my older sister's dolls because my parents didn't feel like buying new toys and I thought nothing of it. (I turned out gay though. Does that prove or disprove Tinsley's arched-eyebrow dismissal?) Also, in what loving ways are gender roles not "socialized"? A cursory glance of different cultures or of history will demonstrate that gender roles are mutable. That seems blindingly obvious to me.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pakled posted:

3. Eat poo poo Tinsley

This is a guy who dropped a joke about anime noses between contempt for ken dolls/barbies and dinosaur racial allegories. There is absolutely no excuse for any other response.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

1. "Those same people?" Economics and child psychology are totally different fields, unless you're just lumping together all "experts" in anything into one basket, that can't possibly be true.
2. Yes, because it totally makes sense that the male brain is wired to like cars more than women
3. Eat poo poo Tinsley

Dolls - GI joe was developed in 1963, so probably 30 years past Tinsley's prime anyhow.

Cars - This exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I've never seen anything run into the ground so fast more than the "nothing burger." How many times are they going to keep going back to this well?

• Locked thread