Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Gringostar posted:

the only hope for 2018 is the house

the senate map for 2018 is loving brutal as poo poo and virtually impossible to flip unless donny actually gets unpopular with his base (he's not even if his national numbers are bad)

literally the only hope is for dems to take the house in 2018

if that fails we're all 100% hosed

i would like a liter of cola

I don't think theres a prayer until 2020. All that can be done between now and then is to staunch the bleeding and develop a policy portfolio that can whip the left into a frothy rage IE socialized medicine, mass infrastructure spending and legal weed

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

gently caress liberalism revolution now

would you settle with fascism instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i have faith in the party out of power having better fundraising and recruiting and more energy because its literally how american politics works

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

getting your parents to buy you paraphernalia is a pretty pro move tbh

I ordered pipes off the Internet when I was a minor and no one was the wiser

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Oh my god is this the guy that was involved with the Russians in EVE back before Goonfleet's eternal diplomat Vilerat was killed in Benghazi

please be true. which guy are you thinking of? I know there were a few russian oligarchs playing

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Agean90 posted:

house is possible in 2018, Senate is likely to remain static as I recall all but one or two of the folks up for re-election are popular with their constituents.

Dems holding ground in the Senate is just fine though, and it looks like they will be able to do that

Still pretty early though

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Party of family values

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there is a non zero chance i will see louie gohmert's penis in 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Schnorkles posted:

i have faith in the party out of power having better fundraising and recruiting and more energy because its literally how american politics works

On the other hand, the party out of power right now is the Democrats.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the piss tape is real, but its mitch mcconnels

what if...

everyone has a piss tape?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

fits my needs posted:

Say it with me "I have faith in the Democrats to pull it off."

How does that make you feel?

A little bit better. But short of political violence, a 7-2 court is a lifetime of hosed. It doesn't matter if the dems take back congress for a while we'll frequently hear what the dead spirits of the founders channel directly into partisan hacks and that the liberal congress/president can suck deez nuts.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SKULL.GIF posted:

My worry is that they spend so much time rolling back the damage that idiots go "But what have you done?!" and vote in the Republicans

You know, just like the 90s and 10s

this is by design

and america falls for it every time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

nothing like the soothing balm of telling yourself you can't do anything

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mitch and donnie
standin by a tree
p i s s i n g

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

holy hell, even the staff are making piss tapes :eyepop:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

fits my needs posted:

:allbuttons:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
lotta good poo poo happening. I’m gonna take a nap and hopefully wake up to the bombs dropping or a piss tape

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

On the other hand, the party out of power right now is the Democrats.

completely coincidentally, my personal values and political beliefs are exactly the political beliefs that a party should take on to be nationally successful

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Brother Friendship posted:

I don't think theres a prayer until 2020. All that can be done between now and then is to staunch the bleeding and develop a policy portfolio that can whip the left into a frothy rage IE socialized medicine, mass infrastructure spending and legal weed

i will settle for every fascists head on a pike

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

nothing like the soothing balm of telling yourself you can't do anything

Apply directly to my butthole :yosbutt:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

completely coincidentally, my personal values and political beliefs are exactly the political beliefs that a party should take on to be nationally successful

that's extremely fortunate

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

deathbysnusnu posted:

A little bit better. But short of political violence, a 7-2 court is a lifetime of hosed. It doesn't matter if the dems take back congress for a while we'll frequently hear what the dead spirits of the founders channel directly into partisan hacks and that the liberal congress/president can suck deez nuts.

what if we made originalism illegal

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

Lol is this your first time

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Yinlock posted:

that's extremely fortunate

fortune favors the old

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

My father goes fishing up there each year in late summer. He loves it, but you have to take a bush plane from somewhere in Newfoundland (if I remember right) to get to the part he visits, so I dunno how rural you want it.

No more than 30 minutes to a modern hospital in case of emergencies. I don't like rural and need a strong community around me to be happy. Thanks!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Dems holding ground in the Senate is just fine though, and it looks like they will be able to do that

Still pretty early though

looking forward to seeing what the chud mass does if Trumpcare goes to vote an straight up fails. so many primaries

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It only took Corbyn 2 years to whip the party into shape and run one of the biggest upsets in British election history

Anything can happen

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Significant Ant posted:

Could try this again

I actually do think they should do this should the Democrats, on some slim chance, overcome the assault on voting rights and win back the legislature and executive. Flood the Supreme Court with the youngest and most radical left judges imaginable. gently caress it, decorum is long dead.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

donald trump expertly deflects any repercussions stemming from the existence of his piss tape by forcing every republican to make a piss tape and then tricking yokels into believing that its extremely good and patriotic

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

what if we made america illegal

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Take house in 2018, pass leftist dream legislation and slam Trump and McConnell on all the good stuff you could be doing for the country if not for them, run on economic populism, take the rest of government in 2020.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the head of the school of filmmaking admitted way too many students one year (this was the same genius who greenlit bats and pissed george lucas off with the first unauthorized biography, Skywalking)

he thought hed get more 💰 per student admitted, but it was per student matriculated
i went through a severe thyroid episode which left me unable to walk for a few weeks and was told not to come back :shrug:

i might be an rear end in a top hat but i dont think im a big enough rear end in a top hat to make it in hollywood so maybe they did me a favor 🤔

dang rammed by bureaucracy, that sucks! hope things are cooler now. also they totally did you a favor, I know a couple people who went into Hollywood and rear end in a top hat doesn't even begin to cover it. one broke down because of it and the other is a sociopathic little twerp so of course he's thriving.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i will settle for every fascists head on a pike

*smiles and holds yer paw*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/885617340007710722

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/alexanderbolton/status/885590319496089601

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mods please change my name to pissy turtle dick

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Making a piss tape is actually a requirement to belong to the republican party and the only difference is that Trump already had made a few before running for office

he's an overachiever

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

No more than 30 minutes to a modern hospital in case of emergencies. I don't like rural and need a strong community around me to be happy. Thanks!

Then I'm going to say Labrador may not be the place for you.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

I actually do think they should do this should the Democrats, on some slim chance, overcome the assault on voting rights and win back the legislature and executive. Flood the Supreme Court with the youngest and most radical left judges imaginable. gently caress it, decorum is long dead.

or put term limits on everything

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

As bomb dropping as the trump piss tape will be, remember there are pictures of the first lady in bed with another woman and that meant absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

"mike pence" rhymes with "dyke fence"

• Locked thread