Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Feldegast42 posted:

A lot of the seats are gerrymandered GOP, but at just a slight advantage (I think average 5 points). A big enough wave could knock over a crap ton of seats if you have the right message and campaign. Of course the Democrats suck at both of those but with all the work that the Berniecrat wing is putting in (along with the economic populist message slowly but surely growing in the bad dems) its possible.

this requires the benicrats and the democrats to come together and :lol: if you think that's happening ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

Leftist causes are always going to have an uphill battle because it takes paragraphs to explain while the average person enjoys the easily digestible America, god, guns, and freedom good, government and big words bad.

Eat the rich is very easier to explain, unfortunately its not widely popular. Yet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Weeping Wound posted:

nah, Corbyn pulled off the upset because he kept it simple and to the point:

"Rebuild healthcare, make everyone's lives better," "Nationalize public transit, make the trains work again," etc.

For the many, not the few.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Feldegast42 posted:

Basically Democrats should be playing to win. For the last few decades they have been playing to not lose. That obviously doesn't work.

basically this post should be posted in the suck zone

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Completely and totally different system.

Yeah they have a much shittier voting process

The only between us and the GOP losing very badly is the DNC

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

:hai:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

You are politically naive if you think the dem leadership will leave a leftist insurrection unopposed. They will try and crush it and likely succeed, then point to the impediments they helped create as reasons why centrist moderates should be run and then vigorously oppose them.

gently caress, they may just outright cheat to get their way.

The DCCC doesn't have enough funding to shut out every single Congressional race. If they did they would have done it before '18

Also a lot of the people I mentioned are signing up for local and state seats, not just Congress

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

jisforjosh posted:

lol median household income where I live is $28,000 and it's sad as hell

:(

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

completely coincidentally, my personal values and political beliefs are exactly the political beliefs that a party should take on to be nationally successful

technically this is true for the majority of people

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

It does help that the Labour manifesto was well articulated and advocated both general principles and specific policies which people broadly liked.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Weeping Wound posted:

"Rebuild healthcare, make everyone's lives better," "Nationalize public transit, make the trains work again," etc.

The UK has it's share of shitheads, but they don't have the ingrained hatred of sensibility like us. In a way being a leftist is conservative and a return to the good old days in the UK. They had a nationalized health care system decades before we even had Medicare. The mental default position in the UK is health care good and guns bad. We're a special kind of hosed.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Eat the rich is very easier to explain, unfortunately its not widely popular. Yet

im vegetarian mais laisse un sang impur abreuve nos sillons :q:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

The DCCC doesn't have enough funding to shut out every single Congressional race. If they did they would have done it before '18

Also a lot of the people I mentioned are signing up for local and state seats, not just Congress

they're gonna dump millions into centrist candidates and lose a ton of them, i bet

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

deathbysnusnu posted:

Leftist causes are always going to have an uphill battle because it takes paragraphs to explain while the average person enjoys the easily digestible America, god, guns, and freedom good, government and big words bad.

For the many, not the few
Every man a king
None shall be overworked, none shall be idle
Labor is entitled to all it creates

Toss a few of these at establishment dem types and watch what happens

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

deathbysnusnu posted:

No it doesn't, Democrats and leftists only think they do.

1) Healthcare for everyone, nobody's getting sick no more.
2) Jail the wealthy criminals who are out to get you, no one's gonna be poor no more.
3) Protect the environment by creating JOBS JOBS JOBS

this is not hard, bing bing bong bong politics is staring us in the face and the self-serious fuckers are still coming at this like you need to flesh out your policies to the masses lol

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
2018 is gonna be a bloodbath

All of you that still have hope lmao

Or worse those of you that expect a win

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

peeonwe posted:

they are definiitely going to say it is computer generated fake news when the vid comes out so they won't even have to bring up monica

death awaits us all

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

deathbysnusnu posted:

Not really. Centrist neoliberal policy is hard to explain whereas "free education/healthcare" is an easy as gently caress sell. You can't appeal to people when your platform is solely tormp bad/earned income tax credits/check out my website!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Weeping Wound posted:

or just "for the many, not the few"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Phi230 posted:

Better than whining that nothing matters on a dead gay comedy board

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr. Jive posted:

For the many, not the few
Every man a king
None shall be overworked, none shall be idle
Labor is entitled to all it creates

Toss a few of these at establishment dem types and watch what happens

try to get them to explain how capital is not theft

its insanely funny.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/StanDAlone2016/status/885604542087258112

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

they're gonna dump millions into centrist candidates and lose a ton of them, i bet

they tried that into Wisconsin and the guy decided the candidate to his left was a better choice so I wouldnt suddenly assume competence from the dicccs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

basically this post should be posted in the suck zone

He's not wrong though, the Democrats have, over the past 30 years, tried hard to minimize their personal risk and play towards safe positions while the GOP has flailed repeatedly.

Campaign Obama was bigly out of character for the Democrats (compare his style and approach to '00 Gore, '04 Kerry, '08 Clinton, '16 Clinton), and even though he ended up being a centrist as well, I think Obama's victory (and then Trump's) is showing the grassroots left that there is an opportunity to pull victories off even against the calcified establishment.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Phi230 posted:

trumpcares too slow gettin off the runway to kill enough people for the democraps to win next year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/885622927655403521

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

Not really. Centrist neoliberal policy is hard to explain whereas "free education/healthcare" is an easy as gently caress sell. You can't appeal to people when your platform is solely tormp bad/earned income tax credits/check out my website!

*hurriedly explains crushing need to balance the budget via arcane discretion of special districts*

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Schnorkles posted:

wait pa-17 might not be right, I could be getting that mixed up

In a 5 pt dem swing, pa 6,7,8 (Philly suburbs) all flip to blue and same goes for whatever you Pittsburgh suburb people have out there in the west.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/885623105632206848

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Phi230 posted:

update your Phoenix squad lp

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Phi230 posted:

slight gains in the house, but an expanded GOP majority in the senate
bing bing
bong bong

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

bill mitchell is on a real roll right now but ive twitposted enough today

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Agean90 posted:

they tried that into Wisconsin and the guy decided the candidate to his left was a better choice so I wouldnt suddenly assume competence from the dicccs

wait, did the guy running against ironstache for the dem nod drop out?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Weeping Wound posted:

*hurriedly explains crushing need to balance the budget via arcane discretion of special districts*

*slams cup down on table*

Means

Testing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sarah huckabee is a cathy comic strip given life by MAGA dark magic

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Suicide"

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

You know the lovely attitudes of the higher leadership are often found in lower levels as well. You are kidding yourself when you think the democratic party will receive a leftist insurrection with anything but hostility.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Yossarian-22 posted:

Seriously, nothing says civic engagement more than imploring a crowd of people to go home and use their computers. I'm gonna run for office, just straight up crib corby-poos act, call my GOP opponent a drooling mongoloid who enables your misery, and even if I lose I'll still go out more genuine and fulfilled than these spineless amoral twits.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gringostar posted:

wait, did the guy running against ironstache for the dem nod drop out?

not only did Yankovich withdraw his nomination, he gave full-throated support for Randy Bryce

It seems to be genuine, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nichael posted:

slight gains in the house, but an expanded GOP majority in the senate
bing bing
bong bong

2018 predictions:

dems will maybe (60% chance) flip the house