Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

The article seems to be a fiction or at least an embellishment to demonize homosexual men and scare people away from being gay.

It seems to implicitly recommend boys wear dresses to save themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Rolo posted:

What is it even supposed to sound like?

Its like being "saved" by Jesus. If you you haven't experienced it, its impossible to describe.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Uganda, I reckon. They're kind of infamous for it.

Pakistan. The article above mentions Karachi.

tight aspirations posted:

It seems to implicitly recommend boys wear dresses to save themselves.

It also implies that ostracizing gay people is a bad thing - the baboon being ostracized from its troop appears to have led to its alleged raping spree. So, Pakistani youth, be accepting of gay people (or anyone, really), and wear dresses, and you'll be OK.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

James Woods posted:

Here have a look at Hipster Bike 9000 in all it's glory.

That's a nice bike.

For a clown to ride.

IN THE CIRCUS.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DontMockMySmock posted:

Pakistan. The article above mentions Karachi.

It also implies that ostracizing gay people is a bad thing - the baboon being ostracized from its troop appears to have led to its alleged raping spree. So, Pakistani youth, be accepting of gay people (or anyone, really), and wear dresses, and you'll be OK.

Or that gay people are horrible and deserve to be ostracized because "look at how they are, I see why he was kicked out" and if you let gay people wander around unchecked, your boys will start wearing dresses just to stay safe from dirty bum rushers ("think of the children!")

rear end cancer. You get rear end cancer from butt sex. That's really the thing that clinched it for me.

But we could argue this all day long. It is a weird article that reads poorly and could either be sincere, satire, or pants-on-head.

Forgot a funny picure:

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Jul 13, 2017

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Aleph Null posted:

Or that gay people are horrible and deserve to be ostracized because "look at how they are, I see why he was kicked out" and if you let gay people wander around unchecked, your boys will start wearing dresses just to stay safe from dirty bum rushers ("think of the children!")

rear end cancer. You get rear end cancer from butt sex. That's really the thing that clinched it for me.

But we could argue this all day long. It is a weird article that reads poorly and could either be sincere, satire, or pants-on-head.

You've clearly got their intent correct, tight aspirations and I are just twisting it for humor's sake. :thejoke:

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

They use industrial size ones of these to dispose of large farm animals.

edit: lol

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why is there so many wordy posts in the funny pictures thread?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

We Know Catheters posted:

Why is there so many wordy posts in the funny pictures thread?

We all now need to sign an NDA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9js-TS7SGI

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

My Lovely Horse posted:

You read it, you laugh at how it's written, then you remember that the newspaper it's from tries to incite lynch mobs against gay people. :smith:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I single out this one because I knew a girl in school who was huge into anime and ran everywhere with her arms flailing behind her like this.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

I single out this one because I knew a girl in school who was huge into anime and ran everywhere with her arms flailing behind her like this.

Wow, you're young

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

PCOS Bill posted:

Wow, you're young

Oh good, for a moment there I thought I was old. :corsair:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
When I was in school a girl ran like she was a fern because I was a teen during the devonian period

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

When I was in school a girl ran like she was a fern because I was a teen during the devonian period

What

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

quote:

The Devonian is a geologic period and system of the Paleozoic, spanning 60 million years from the end of the Silurian, 419.2 million years ago (Mya), to the beginning of the Carboniferous, 358.9 Mya

he old.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Wheat Loaf posted:

For context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4nRCC9TwQ

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Why the hell are we allowing google to develop goddamn Skynet?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Why the hell are we allowing google to develop goddamn Skynet?

I don't know but I'm gonna be fist-pumping as I run away from the robots, that looks super fun.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sadly, the real life version of John Connor will be a goon. :smith:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

DontMockMySmock posted:

Pakistani youth, be accepting of gay people (or anyone, really), and wear dresses, and you'll be OK.

Just like your northern neighbors

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Robots aren't people. Kill them all.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LargeHadron posted:

Maybe like, one tiny step higher than a screencap of a joke from some anime that requires more context than the screencap provides, and still isn't very funny with said context.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I think they forgot to give its body parts mass; if it had to spend effort moving its body parts around it would probably learn to swing its arms like a normal person.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Ah, the elusive North American Dropbear.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DontMockMySmock posted:

I think they forgot to give its body parts mass; if it had to spend effort moving its body parts around it would probably learn to swing its arms like a normal person.

I'd assume they have mass and are used for stabilizing.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I take offense to that.

I don't have a drop of glucose in me, thank you very much.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I take offense to that.

Want some? :pervert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

Guess Uganda get raped by that monkey if you aren't careful.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I take offense to that.

You're a lich, you don't have a drop of anything in you.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Guess Uganda get raped by that monkey if you aren't careful.

:dadjoke:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

https://youtu.be/iRZ2Sh5-XuM

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

[img]http://imgur.com/FNcgi3f.gif][/img]

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Disappointed that wasn't this.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's kind of funny that these are capable of basically eating car bodies and engine blocks, but they were designed for stopping drains from getting clogged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

HPV causes cervical cancer so people should probably stop having PiV sex too.

Let's just stop sex entirely and have done with it I say.