Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Crabtree posted:

Its also a really weird way to go about it. Like why not sleeping pills and alcohol or a gun to the head? Why asphyxiation with Helium and a paper bag?

Speaking from a purely scientific standpoint, sleeping pills don't work as well, since you have a chance of throwing them up. With helium your body just thinks it is breathing regular air as your brain fries, so it isn't painful and it's more or less guaranteed. Nitrogen would work better but helium is easier to get.

Not trying to give tips or anything of course, but that's why you never want to go into an oxygen deficient area without protection. You won't know you're in trouble until you are already unconscious.

I hate hearing about people doing that more than any other suicide because it requires a lot of preparation and you know it's because they don't want it to hurt. It's a very human thing.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was clearly a joke.

I thought the we-must-primary-Joe-Manchin part would've made it obvious.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was clearly a joke.

i read it as a jab at mcmagic and laughed

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
The_Donald users complain Hillary is evil and has people killed but often advocate for the death of liberals. Hmmm

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bottom Liner posted:

These are the delicious tears of a man that shouted "TAKE OFF THE loving BURKA" and harassed a Muslim couple in Oregon

video in story: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/tak...f1egnjE.twitter

This is beautiful! I love seeing a skin-head reveal his true side only to be beaten down and thrown in jail! You ain't rich, you ain't a copy, you just white: in the eyes of the law, you're only one step above a minority so you actually sometimes might potentially in-a-blue-moon suffer consequences!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

n4 posted:

The_Donald users complain Hillary is evil and has people killed but often advocate for the death of liberals. Hmmm

Well duh, "liberals kill people, so they need to be stopped"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ague Proof posted:

I thought the we-must-primary-Joe-Manchin part would've made it obvious.

In an extremely McMagic voice "Manchin delenda est"

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Why, she can't even vote right?

That's what I understand.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bottom Liner posted:

These are the delicious tears of a man that shouted "TAKE OFF THE loving BURKA" and harassed a Muslim couple in Oregon

loving owned.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Bottom Liner posted:

This is some of the fakest contrition I've ever seen. Those tears are not from the shame he feels for his actions but for the fear of the consequences those actions are about to bring. And those tears are honestly justified because he is in all likelyhood about to get hosed.

The police have been doing numerous "show-of-force" type events in Portland recently to build goodwill and deter hate crimes, and based on several conversations I have had with officers during these events it seems to be part of a larger civil effort here. (e.g. during Pride there were 2 armed officers on each train across a pretty large chunk of the city.) Considering the mood in Portland atm I wouldn't expect him to get off lightly.

Actually they are probably gonna throw the book at him to make a public example, or at least one can hope.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 14, 2017

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Crabtree posted:

Its also a really weird way to go about it. Like why not sleeping pills and alcohol or a gun to the head? Why asphyxiation with Helium and a paper bag?

I mean, it is less suspicious than suicide by stabbing yourself 20+ times with two different knives.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I believe he accidentally brutally cut off his head whilst combing his hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mJw50OdZ4

Tripped and fell on his own sheers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Prester Jane posted:

This is some of the fakest contrition I've ever seen. Those tears are not from the shame he feels for his actions but for the fear of the consequences those actions are about to bring. And those tears are honestly justified because he is in all likelyhood about to get hosed.

The police have been doing numerous "show-of-force" type events in Portland recently to build goodwill and deter hate crimes, and based on several conversations I have had with officers during these events it seems to be part of a larger civil effort here. (e.g. during Pride there were 2 armed officers on each train across a pretty large chunk of the city.) Considering the mood in Portland atm I wouldn't expect him to get off lightly.

Actually they are probably gonna throw the book at him to make a public example, or at least one can hope.

Sounds good to me.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I hate hearing about people doing that more than any other suicide because it requires a lot of preparation and you know it's because they don't want it to hurt. It's a very human thing.

Back in darker times I had some suicide ideation but my big concerns were pain/guarantee of death but most importantly not leaving a mess. Glad I didn't know/go researching this poo poo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Speaking from a purely scientific standpoint, sleeping pills don't work as well, since you have a chance of throwing them up. With helium your body just thinks it is breathing regular air as your brain fries, so it isn't painful and it's more or less guaranteed. Nitrogen would work better but helium is easier to get.

Not trying to give tips or anything of course, but that's why you never want to go into an oxygen deficient area without protection. You won't know you're in trouble until you are already unconscious.

Reminder, everytime a POS state has discussion on how to kill "neoliberal" prisoners and someone suggests the use N2 gas because it's more "humane"/painless, they never use N2 gas.

capital punishment is about making non white suffer.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Washington Post: Please tread on us.

Also: bouncy castles: deadly??

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
too obvious. you gotta be sneakier.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
A former Trump Transition team communication director just got absolutely loving eviscerated on CNN.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Your Taint posted:

A former Trump Transition team communication director just got absolutely loving eviscerated on CNN.

And you should be too for not posting a video link

:colbert:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Your Taint posted:

So much for the tolerant left.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

And you should be too for not posting a video link

:colbert:

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Pee tape isn't just real, its now part of the Presidential Pisspig Collections Selects, in the Reagan Library. Probably verifies the Steele dossier isn't just true, but that the truth is even worse.

So consider following:
  • Trump is inevitably brought to court, because he's obviously guilty as hell. Watergate wasn't one thing, it was everything along with it.
  • Senior GOP leadership is so deep in the poo poo Chaffetz fled.
  • GOP check writers are threatening cutting off funding if Obamacare isn't repealed, which isn't going to happen while elections are a thing.
  • GOP is already using private paramilitary backed security.
  • GOP has support of police.
  • GOP future depends on less democracy.
  • Trump has wasted no time attacking the legitimacy of democratic elections.
  • Trump and Putin already joking about killing American journalists for disrespect.
  • Trump is senile, has no sense of boundaries, rebels against slightest authority, and compulsively escalates conflict.
So when Trump and the GOP have everything to lose from prosecution, and nothing to lose from suspending elections, while having the support of big donors and a majority (or close enough) in congress... ...coup? He'd feasibly be able to hold just enough of the big money, legislature, and support of people with guns. The GOP is far more radicalized than during Nixon, and the situation wasn't so dire for funding or legal trouble for leadership of the GOP.

That's completely absurd, but does anyone actually think Trumps reaction to prosecution isn't going to be something unthinkably stupid and horrid?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Sneakster posted:

Pee tape isn't just real, its now part of the Presidential Pisspig Collections Selects, in the Reagan Library. Probably verifies the Steele dossier isn't just true, but that the truth is even worse.

So consider following:
  • Trump is inevitably brought to court, because he's obviously guilty as hell. Watergate wasn't one thing, it was everything along with it.
  • GOP check writers are threatening cutting off funding if Obamacare isn't repealed, which isn't going to happen while elections are a thing.
  • Trump and Putin already joking about killing American journalists for disrespect.
  • Trump is senile, has no sense of boundaries, rebels against slightest authority, and compulsively escalates conflict.
So when Trump and the GOP have everything to lose from prosecution, and nothing to lose from suspending elections, while having the support of big donors and a majority (or close enough) in congress... ...coup? He'd feasibly be able to hold just enough of the big money, legislature, and support of people with guns. The GOP is far more radicalized than during Nixon, and the situation wasn't so dire for funding or legal trouble for leadership of the GOP.

That's completely absurd, but does anyone actually think Trumps reaction to prosecution isn't going to be something unthinkably stupid and horrid?

The GOP doesn't need to suspend elections, they just need to do what they're already doing: do nothing about Russia's hacking of the elections and voter machine security (Or in some cases, actively encourage hacking by dissolving the committee designed to investigate it) and ensure less minorities (who usually vote blue) can't vote through voter ID laws, role purges, and other discriminatory laws. Add in a huge tantrum thrown by the Electoral Fraud Committee that's trying to get everyone's voting history and a few SCOTUS justices dying off and being replaced with pro-gerrymandering judges and congrats the GOP is in power for the end of time, welcome to the oligarchy.

Remember, Russia has presidential elections. Putin always seems to win by 90%

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sneakster posted:

So consider following:

The Military and/or Mattis himself would never let this happen. They have too much respect for America (misplaced as that might be at this point)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spaced God posted:

The GOP doesn't need to suspend elections, they just need to do what they're already doing: do nothing about Russia's hacking of the elections and voter machine security (Or in some cases, actively encourage hacking by dissolving the committee designed to investigate it) and ensure less minorities (who usually vote blue) can't vote through voter ID laws, role purges, and other discriminatory laws. Add in a huge tantrum thrown by the Electoral Fraud Committee that's trying to get everyone's voting history and a few SCOTUS justices dying off and being replaced with pro-gerrymandering judges and congrats the GOP is in power for the end of time, welcome to the oligarchy.

Remember, Russia has presidential elections. Putin always seems to win by 90%

There is a very real chance that Gerrymandering gets shot down in the near future.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is a very real chance that Gerrymandering gets shot down in the near future.

Hope is a mistake.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

The Military and/or Mattis himself would never let this happen. They have too much respect for America (misplaced as that might be at this point)

[citation needed]

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gerrymandering has been getting shot down repeatedly in Texas and Carolina. The GOP will just redraw with equally gerrymandered districts before an election, and then the redrawing will get struck down again, and repeat. There's no real reason if you're in a deep red state not to do that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Gerrymandering has been getting shot down repeatedly in Texas and Carolina. The GOP will just redraw with equally gerrymandered districts before an election, and then the redrawing will get struck down again, and repeat. There's no real reason if you're in a deep red state not to do that.

It's going to SCOTUS.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Nobody has the balls to suspend elections. Lincoln didn't in the middle of the civil war

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Despera posted:

Nobody has the balls to suspend elections. Lincoln didn't in the middle of the civil war

Trump does probably but we'll need to go a little further into ruin before that. Then there's him getting black bagged.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's going to SCOTUS.

Good thing the centrist justice Obama appointed to Scalia's seat is going to hear the case

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Despera posted:

The thread has gone into another manic depression cycle.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The thread has gone into another manic depression cycle.

Sure has.

We should be happy that gop operative was offed but whatever.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Trump bad.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If he sticks with this, people will have to stop saying he's all talk. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/885647082043973632

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Trump does probably but we'll need to go a little further into ruin before that. Then there's him getting black bagged.

He doesn't have the power regardless. Elections are run by the states Election suspension was only a manic fever dream that Glenn beck thought Obama was going to do.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
EDIT: Aah wrong thread, I'm sorry.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Sinteres posted:

If he sticks with this, people will have to stop saying he's all talk. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/885647082043973632

:ssh: he won't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Covok posted:

Trump bad.

Proof?

• Locked thread