Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Zuckerberg is not going to run for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I love when Marco Rubio during one of the debates was like "hey maybe all those people praising European welfare programs should leave America" and I remember yelling at the TV "I would if I could!"

This friend of mine who has been living in Switzerland for the past 5-6 years (he went there to do his PhD and is now working there) cast a mail-in ballot for Gary Johnson, with Kasich having been his first choice. I feel like there's some joke to be made about living in a place with a reasonable healthcare system and voting for a libertarian in the US.

I think he could best be described as "politically 'wanting to appear reasonable/moderate', but in a different sort of way than centrist Democrats". Kinda like a centrist Democrat who doesn't care about social issues? He's not really a libertarian, but just thought Kasich/Johnson were more reasonable/moderate for...some reason? People like him (he's a geneticist) are very good evidence that academic intelligence is very different from the intelligence to not have stupid political views.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Toxx then, cause it sure looks like it from here.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like there's some joke to be made about living in a place with a reasonable healthcare system and voting for a libertarian in the US.

gently caress you, he's got his?

Being a member of Congress/the Senate may as well count as living in a place with a reasonable healthcare system; full coverage, and no repercussions for loving millions of poors.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 14, 2017

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Eh, he's acting a little too obvious. I think he'll try but be out after pulling single digits in Iowa and New Hampshire. Kinda like a neo-Steve Forbes.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

He's just a big dork and thinks highly of himself for interacting with the rabble.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

We're gonna need a new one of these - :mitt: but Zuck's face.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WampaLord posted:

So did he buy that house just to have breakfast in it once?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

So did he buy that house just to have breakfast in it once?

Is that not how normal hardworking huu-mons consume breakfast?

I will recalibrate.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Who's floating the zuckerberg idea for the dems?

because holy poo poo hahahahahaha that gif

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

dead comedy forums posted:

Who's floating the zuckerberg idea for the dems?

because holy poo poo hahahahahaha that gif

Fulchrum, for one.:laugh:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

WampaLord posted:

lmao c'mon Zuck, that ain't your kitchen. It's also not nearly cluttered enough to be a real family's kitchen.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nothus posted:

lmao c'mon Zuck, that ain't your kitchen. It's also not nearly cluttered enough to be a real family's kitchen.

I was expecting to see a Juicero.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

WampaLord posted:

I was expecting to see a Juicero.

A Juicero and a fridge full of Soylent.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He looks like a loving vampire nerd

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Nothus posted:

Also the microwave isn't on the counter where the working man puts it, nor above the stove where the middle class and civil service would have it. It's recessed into the base cabinet like a true bourgeoisie.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That is an unbelievably bad take and I'm not surprised hillary lost.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

WampaLord posted:

NUTRITIONAL CONSUMPTION FUNCTIONALITY, VERSION 5.7688 ACTIVATED

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Plain toast? Is that really a human being?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Like seriously that weirdness both in terms of what's going on with his face as he slurps up the toast after he bit into it and then proceeds to chew and the camera work is just... shocking? Emotionally draining?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Peven Stan posted:

That is an unbelievably bad take and I'm not surprised hillary lost.

clinton's logo had nothing to do with the results of her campaign

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sudo rm -rf posted:

The former was a symptom of what led to the latter.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

sudo rm -rf posted:

yeah it's the other way around, for her catastrophic campaign it is the perfect emblematic identification, or logo, because it is also catastrophicly bad

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

And it's he stops for a full second and stares forward before he bites into the toast like his CPU is processing what his next function should be. I can't get over this.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Lightning Lord posted:

And it's he stops for a full second and stares forward before he bites into the toast like his CPU is processing what his next function should be. I can't get over this.

He doesn't even stare at the camera, he stares off into the middle distance somewhere around it.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
It's so hard to choose between the pause, the chewing, or the way he puts the toast on the plate like it has to be done. No no, the plate is there for the the toast, must touch toast to plate before I eat it. Must touch toast to plate now that I've taken a bite.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Can the Democrats, hell, can anyone find a viable political candidate who doesn't enter the Uncanny Valley?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Inescapable Duck posted:

Can the Democrats, hell, can anyone find a viable political candidate who doesn't enter the Uncanny Valley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well obviously. And Corbyn.

Like the commies are the only ones not coming from an ossified political class who no longer have any resemblance to 99% of humanity.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sudo rm -rf posted:

The fawning thinkpiece-industrial complex is one of those things that led to her political demise imo. They were surrounded in a media cocoon where Team Hillary was too big to fail, until they did.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Mister Facetious posted:

Plain toast? Is that really a human being?

If you have to ask, you know the answer.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

There is no way that article wasn't written one handed, if you catch my drift. :rolleyes:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Little Kielbasa posted:

If you have to ask, you know the answer.

Oh, I dunno... America is so varied, maybe that's how the state he grew up was manufactured in does things. Like Cincinnati having chilli on spaghetti.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So who is the working class candidate running in 2020? I can't imagine that the spot will be vacant. Is Bernie going to run again he's loving old lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The terrifying thing is that Donald Trump is the most identifiable, human candidate. He's a slimy used car salesman who inherited too much money, but he still has more in common with most people than the reptilians both parties tried to present.

There's some kind of cultural Hapsburgism that modern establishment people seem to present.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Kokoro Wish posted:

He doesn't even stare at the camera, he stares off into the middle distance somewhere around it.

They tell you not to look in the camera but the angles were so bad it just accentuated his aloofness.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well obviously. And Corbyn.

Like the commies are the only ones not coming from an ossified political class who no longer have any resemblance to 99% of humanity.

Corbyn is even more dramatic because he managed to galvanize young people into strong Labour stances and got them to vote - not to mention stuff like Glastonbury where every now and then chants of "OOOOOOH JEREMY CORBYN" would happen spontaneously which is basically a fantastic example of organic support

Democrats and any of these "new left" types worldwide want that without delivering the goods and get surprised when they crash and burn hard - "but but you are supposed to be with us whyyyyy"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are the democrats already starting to slip up their chances for a 2018 majority in congress? I haven't been hearing good news since Ossoff lost that district, and I've heard little from Bernie. Is he actually managing to help things?

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Grouchio posted:

Are the democrats already starting to slip up their chances for a 2018 majority in congress? I haven't been hearing good news since Ossoff lost that district, and I've heard little from Bernie. Is he actually managing to help things?

You mean the man whose wife is under active fbi investigation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Well, ultimately Bernie is a bit limited in what he can do, since he's not in control of campaign funding or the direction of the party as a whole.

• Locked thread