Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

Yeah I am going back and forth with the seller now. They offered us $500 off the purchase price (lol) instead of them doing any of the recommended repairs.

The house is in really good shape overall, but there are some things that need to be fixed and this seller was already super inflexible when negotiating the initial deal.

I kind of want to call their bluff and tell them we are walking away.

$500 is a joke what the hell

Our inspection cost $500.

What were the repairs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is there a Spotify thread? I'm trying to discover some new music based on songs I already like by starting radio stations on those songs or checking songs in the interface to save. But, I keep getting the same songs. My ideal would be to pick a few songs and tell it "Go find new songs that sound like these". Does that exist and I'm just missing it? I mainly just use the Android app.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Thats what I mean. People realizing they might have to pay to see the piss tape.

If the rumors are true, it will be illegal to view, distribute, or host it.

loving disgusting that walking tannery accident is

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

My ideal would be to pick a few songs and tell it "Go find new songs that sound like these". Does that exist and I'm just missing it? I mainly just use the Android app.

What was the service that was built around this concept? Pandora or something?

I guess it surely can't be around anymore or is crippled since I haven't heard of it in years.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I guess it surely can't be around anymore or is crippled since I haven't heard of it in years.

Pandora is still massively popular

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Christ what a long week

I'm glad, I loved having a week off for once

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

That's still Pandora I think. They may have lost rights over time so their library is smaller, I think I remember someone yammering about that once.

Also if you have / like anything hosted on soundcloud, you probably want to go save that off somehow since they're not long for the world.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Is there a Spotify thread? I'm trying to discover some new music based on songs I already like by starting radio stations on those songs or checking songs in the interface to save. But, I keep getting the same songs. My ideal would be to pick a few songs and tell it "Go find new songs that sound like these". Does that exist and I'm just missing it? I mainly just use the Android app.

Daily Mixes group similar songs into a playlist from your most listened. Once you get through the initial ones it gets to songs you haven't listened to

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

I've been pretty unimpressed with Spotifys search function. I wanted to listen to some Electric 6 album fire but it doesn't show up in database until I specifically look for the Fire Album

It does create radio stations similar to bands but I'm sure if it does it for just songs

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 14, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Daily Mixes group similar songs into a playlist from your most listened. Once you get through the initial ones it gets to songs you haven't listened to

Is there a way to tell it to stop playing songs or certain genres in those mixes? I was trying to find one country song that I liked back in the 90s, and now it thinks I want nothing but that.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, I still listen to Pandora from time to time, but I hate the limited skip feature.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

That's still Pandora I think. They may have lost rights over time so their library is smaller, I think I remember someone yammering about that once.

Also if you have / like anything hosted on soundcloud, you probably want to go save that off somehow since they're not long for the world.

Wasn't that where nrr kept his stuff?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Pandora is still massively popular

Shows how in touch I am with music services I guess. Maybe I'll dig up my ancient account and see what it plays for me if it still has a free version.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

Speaking of nrr, I almost saw him again an hour ago.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

????
How, exactly?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Quit being dramatic.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

You should try and meet up

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

Quit being dramatic.

:ssh: I need to see how much they'll all miss me when I'm gone.

a neat cape posted:

You should try and meet up

I'd rather be in hell with Wheez than in Heaven with nrr. :hawksin: #EvenInHeavenSanDiegoDoesntHaveATeam

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I just started watching the anime Castlevania on Netflix and..it..is...AWESOME!!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

????
How, exactly?

Bay Area traffic is like a vehicular Isla Sorna.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:siren:Tim Tebow just had a walk off home run #justwins #dontlookatmystats:siren:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
From the sounds of it a really stupid driver did a really stupid thing, causing Chiche to brake heavily and his front tire to wash out so he went down at highway speeds. ATGATT matters people, he's just got some rash.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can someone recommend me a podcast app for Android?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

swickles posted:

I quite like Podkicker Pro.

And Silly Burrito I have no idea how to do that, my various genres get siloed into different mixes so I haven't come across that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hey guys, not sure which of you were friend with nrr before he passed, but soundcloud is going down. I think he actually recorded a few of his songs and left them on there? You may want to grab them before they disappear.

Crossposting from the Farthouse for more visibility. If someone has the link to his soundcloud stuff and a good way to archive it please do so, I have neither. Someone definitely needs to grab all of that and save it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

I've never used it but people who liked PodCruncher on iOS liked Pocket Casts on android

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I use stitcher. There are probably way better apps.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Beyondpod is the one I use most. I listen to everything at 1.35x speed and I barely notice it now.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 14, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Beyondpod is the one I use most. I listen to everything at 1.35x speed and i barely notice it now.

2.0 to 2.2x depending on the podcast. :smug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

drat, that's got to be like the Micro Machines guy doing every podcast. :)

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Psycho. I'm too slow to even put on "smart speed" on the Overcast app

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Most are 2.0 but Dan Carlin gets the overdrive treatment. I have like 30 podcasts so it's become a necessity.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Most are 2.0 but Dan Carlin gets the overdrive treatment. I have like 30 podcasts so it's become a necessity.

Haha I'm literally listening to dan Carlin on the joe rogan podcast right now and bumped it up to 1.5 and then 2 to test before I called you a psycho. He's for sure a slower talker on his podcast than conversationally on this but Jesus I still can't keep up

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

They have always relied on human analysis of tracks which has severely limited their recommendations.

...also they have always been broke to the point the CEO convinced employees to work for free for two years in the past and they are still likely to go under.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

I've been using CastBox but I just grabbed one and did literally no research beforehand

Works fine though

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

swickles posted:

I like podcast republic.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Haha I'm literally listening to dan Carlin on the joe rogan podcast right now and bumped it up to 1.5 and then 2 to test before I called you a psycho. He's for sure a slower talker on his podcast than conversationally on this but Jesus I still can't keep up

Son did you squat two plates a side your first lift

You have to train your ears and mind to accept 2.0x and then you have reached nirvana

Mega Galactic Brain: squat a ton while listening to podcasts at 2x #StrongBodyStrongMind

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

for some reason the white house is releasing email responses to their requests for voter data

https://twitter.com/JacobMSchmitt/status/885718449997008900

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If you ever feel the world is lost or that we exist in an unjust reality, just remember, someone somewhere has almost certainly goatse'd the president on twitter.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/zakagan/status/806259677466099718

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What am I reading here

• Locked thread