Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Serf posted:

drat, TAZ and TMBWBIT2 part 3 at the same time

Oh man, I'm actually more excited for more Trolls 2 than TAZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I hope the Flaming Poisoning Raging Sword of Doom makes an appearance in this final stretch, and somehow upsets some delicate balance that Griffin has tried to create.

I can't wait to hear Clint roll really poorly on a spell again. It's been so long.

"I cast-"

You cant do that youre not high enough level. Thats not even a cleric spell

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
God...DAMMIT

How do they know Adam Reed?!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
This is it.

THIS IS IT!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

God...DAMMIT

How do they know Adam Reed?!

I love Frisky Dingo so much. I tell people that they can't do things with that attitude, but they never get the reference. :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Who What Now posted:

I love Frisky Dingo so much. I tell people that they can't do things with that attitude, but they never get the reference. :(

Not with ANY attitude!

Frisky Dingo's language has seeped so deeply into my brain that I probably reference it, usually completely unconsciously, on a daily basis. Which is drat impressive for a series that has a total combined runtime of about 4.5 hours.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Who What Now posted:

I've used this phrase so much with my sister that it's now basically a thing between us, despite her never having seen FD. It's honestly one of my favorite Adult Swim shows of all time, and I wish more people had seen it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh thank God, Travis remembered he had the Raging Flaming Poisoning Sword of Doom.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

hahaha, this episode of TMBWBIT2 is SO GOOD

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Ok, question on the new Adventure Zone episode.

Since "the hunger" initiated the parlay, couldn't Merle kill him?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

djnkro posted:

Ok, question on the new Adventure Zone episode.

Since "the hunger" initiated the parlay, couldn't Merle kill him?

I'm guessing John figured out how to protect himself in there with 10 years of practice and having consumed all knowledge of the plane that taught Merle how to parlay

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm listening to the first post-Switch announcement CGI, and like almost all their Switch game ideas involve bespoke Joy-Con for each game like everyone was speculating and God, how off-base were we on that, huh? That was a bad idea we all had.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Well this is gonna be interesting
https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/885594634986172417

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Latest TAZ:

In various podcasts throughout the last few years, Griffin has mentioned that he's been playing a lot of chess on his phone and trying to get better at it. Could that all have been in preparation for John's upcoming match with Merle?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So this podcast apparently now routinely makes me yell things out in public.

New TAZ:

I was on the bus near the end of the first half and Justin's brief pause after getting the umbrastaff back before "I break the...." which he didn't even get to finish before Clint interrupted and I yelled out "There it is!" before remembering where I was.

Also not so much a spoiler, but I really appreciate how creative Travis is during fights. Taako has a massive amount of spells so he can do wide variety of cool poo poo, but Magnus could just be a hack-and-slash fighter and attack 14 times and do a billion damage, but he so often gives up that damage potential in order to just try something narratively more interesting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Justin's become a bomb-rear end roleplayer, jesus.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm listening to the first post-Switch announcement CGI, and like almost all their Switch game ideas involve bespoke Joy-Con for each game like everyone was speculating and God, how off-base were we on that, huh? That was a bad idea we all had.

nobody outside of goof podcasts thought custom controllers per game would ever be a real thing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, Lup is back, Johann's music has been spread across the universe, and Merle is about to lay the smack down on John. That was a good episode.

Oh, and now I get to hear about the brothers being in Trolls 2! Today is a great day for listening to podcasts.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I'm guessing John figured out how to protect himself in there with 10 years of practice and having consumed all knowledge of the plane that taught Merle how to parlay

What are you basing that on? As far as we know, this is the first time John has ever done this. Besides, he might not even know that Merle couldn't hurt him in the Parley room. It's not like Merle ever tried. I think that John has found a way to replicate what Merle was doing without accounting for the fact that it leaves him vulnerable.

Anyway, as mentioned, great episode. The biggest fear, I think, was that it would feel jarring going from The Stolen Century back to DnD, but it was like my two favorite podcasts merged into one super-cast. I can tell Clint has changed his Merle play somewhat, but I'm not sure exactly what he's going for.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Man, glass shark is now totally verboten in the mbmbam Facebook group because people are offended by people imitating Justin's Louisiana man voice whenever it comes up. This is extremely wack imo. I may need to peace out of that group.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Cool?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Pack your bags and peace outta that group.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I suggest

that you

GET OUT THAT DAHK WAAAAAAAHTAH

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Ariong posted:

What are you basing that on? As far as we know, this is the first time John has ever done this. Besides, he might not even know that Merle couldn't hurt him in the Parley room. It's not like Merle ever tried. I think that John has found a way to replicate what Merle was doing without accounting for the fact that it leaves him vulnerable.

Anyway, as mentioned, great episode. The biggest fear, I think, was that it would feel jarring going from The Stolen Century back to DnD, but it was like my two favorite podcasts merged into one super-cast. I can tell Clint has changed his Merle play somewhat, but I'm not sure exactly what he's going for.

Well, he absorbed everybody in the plane that taught Merle how to parlay, and I assume that means he absorbs their knowledge. He wouldn't parlay knowing it would put himself at risk.

Also that would be a terribly lovely way to kill a 100 year boss.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

fat kid no go

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Glahss shahk love duh faht keed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ya gotta suhweeeeeeeem, faht keed!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Glass shahk come to dat daaaaahk wahtah fo day faht keed!

Serf
May 5, 2011

You sweem all you want, floppa floppa around glass shahk gon come! Glass shahk behind you fat kid!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

you seem alright though

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tbh I think like 90% of the reason glass shark is funny is Travis and Griffin reacting to it

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Glass Shark never really did it for me the way others bits have tbh.

Tangentially related: I'm applying to rent a house that is basically Lil Studio 54, so that's been in my head a lot recently.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgAFtL_5Vs

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Roach Warehouse posted:

Tangentially related: I'm applying to rent a house that is basically Lil Studio 54, so that's been in my head a lot recently.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgAFtL_5Vs

I've said this before in this thread but I really wish they had spent more time on the "Make my kids dance and have fun" aspect of the question. That's the real nug of this fake bullshit (At least, I hope so) Yahoo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

tbh I think like 90% of the reason glass shark is funny is Travis and Griffin reacting to it

as a cajun who grew up with people sounding a lot like that impression most of the humor for me was Justin nailing 'insane cajun ranting at someone' but the reactions are gold too.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

kidcoelacanth posted:

Brothers shouldn't be laughing when it comes to a scenario where he make you a snack, he eat your brotha!!

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
Latest TAZ (not plot related I think )

What was the word Travis said at the start when commenting on Griffin having so many NPC's? Alar? Google isn't helping me.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Conall posted:

Latest TAZ (not plot related I think )

What was the word Travis said at the start when commenting on Griffin having so many NPC's? Alar? Google isn't helping me.

It's a thing in the Kingkiller Trilogy (Name of the Wind etc) - basically a magic technique of splitting your mind into several parts to concentrate on multiple things at once.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
When was the last time THB finished a fight without an NPC finishing it for them or using some one-hit-kill method?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Didn't they legit win the electric bear fight in wonderland? It wasn't that long ago really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

When was the last time THB finished a fight without an NPC finishing it for them or using some one-hit-kill method?

Its just not the THB without a competent woman having to come and save the day.