Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

if I email Kasowitz, will he reply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if any lawyers have ever taken on a client who they then find out is a massive piece of poo poo and then secretly leaked info on them to help the case against their clients, or did just enough to not seem like they were throwing the case

say you're a lawyer and a traitor retains you. do you do one of the above, or do you toss your career away and come out in the open "my client is a traitor here is all the evidence", or just suck it up and go down in history as a traitor-defender just to keep upstanding with legal ethics?

where's euphronius

If he were my client, I'd be imploring him to authorize me to offer full confession in exchange for not being hanged for treason.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Nastier Nate posted:

Obama, unlike Trump is not an idiot with constant carnal desires and no attention span. He's not stupid enough to have sex in a Russian hotel, even if it was boring missionary position sex with his wife.

The Obama tape from the Moscow Ritz Carlton is 20 minutes of Facetime with his kids and then 8 hours of a married couple sleeping, with possibly one of them waking up in the middle of the night to pee (in the bathroom)

constant carnal desire is my band name

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

no way

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

citizen tayne parachute account

its only temporary =(

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I was thinking about emailing Mr. Kasowitz to inform him of his cuckoldry, and his subsequent enjoyment of said cuckoldry.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

eatenmyeyes posted:

If he were my client, I'd be imploring him to authorize me to offer full confession in exchange for not being hanged for treason.

thank god he's not your client

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

way way, bruh

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/WordOnRd/status/789871098183639044

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brother Friendship posted:

its only temporary =(

holy lol I was joking

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I decided to post from the toilet so I can know how trump feels in the morning

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

GrimGypsy posted:

I spend all day playing wow and my entire online presence is sharing MRA memes and liking every single post made by every female contact

what kind of ____-cel is that? Is it my skull, do you think? Maybe if I wear the right kind of hat it'll solve my problem?

Wowcels were the beginning of the whole incel movement. Backpage has your solution!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was curious so I looked up federal punishment statutes

turns out espionage carries the same penalty as treason

don jr and jared are doomed

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Obama, unlike Trump is not an idiot with constant carnal desires and no attention span. He's not stupid enough to have sex in a Russian hotel, even if it was boring missionary position sex with his wife.

The Obama tape from the Moscow Ritz Carlton is 20 minutes of Facetime with his kids and then 8 hours of a married couple sleeping, with possibly one of them waking up in the middle of the night to pee (in the bathroom)

Yeah....it was a black dick joke.... But sure.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hey Putin! Knock it off! :nono:
/

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're rich.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SKULL.GIF posted:

if we get to this point and they get pardoned, what's the chances of nationwide revolts?

KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Business Gorillas posted:

if we get to this point and they get pardoned, what's the chances of nationwide revolts?

greater than 0

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

trump!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I took a look at Endo Pharmaceuticals, the company that makes Opana.

They have a storied history of losing absurd amounts of profit in lawsuits because of the abuse of their pain products. In 2011, the FDA approved a crush-resistant pill so that people would stop snorting Opana. The thinking* was that at least the addicts would have to eat them, which is less likely to result in overdose. Instead, addicts simply began mainlining the pills instead, which is considerably more deadly than snorting them.

This snort-proof reformulation also led to the largest HIV outbreak in Indiana history - an event the Vice President Mike Pence won't soon forget. If you need a refresher, here's the big pieces from a timeline I cribbed out of the Courier-Journal:

quote:

HIV in Austin in 2015

February 25, 2015 - The Indiana State Department of Health announces a quickly-spreading HIV outbreak tied to shooting up the painkiller Opana. There are 26 confirmed cases and 4 preliminary cases.

March 20, 2015 - The HIV case count is now 68 – 55 confirmed and 13 preliminary. A public awareness campaign is launched and the state ask for help from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

March 26, 2015 - Former Gov. Mike Pence signs an executive order paving the way for a needle exchange. Exchanges were previously banned in the state.

April 4, 2015 - The needle exchange starts up at the One-Stop Shop in Austin. Cases hit 89, 84 confirmed and 5 preliminary.

May 5, 2015 - Pence signs into law a measure allowing counties to launch needle exchanges if they meet certain criteria and obtain state permission.

December 4, 2015 - The case count reaches 184.

Pence was blamed twofold - once for dragging his feet on the needle exchange programs, and again for not having better prevention policies in the first place. I assume he blames Endo, and I think they may have made the same assumption. On December 8th, one month after Mike Pence began leading the presidential transition team, Endo Pharmaceuticals made a surprise announcement: they were giving up their exclusive licensing rights for Belbuca, which is "the first and only buprenorphine developed with a dissolving film that is absorbed through the inner lining of the cheek".

It's 12-hour Grizzly Opium, essentially. I can't imagine how that kind of thing could be prone to abuse!

------------------

*Plenty of evidence suggests that Endo only really made the pills crush-resistant in order to extend their exclusive rights anyway. If my posts make your head hurt, you can read this great piece from NPR (or reach into the cupboard for a painkiller!):

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/04/01/472538272/how-a-painkiller-designed-to-deter-abuse-helped-spark-an-hiv-outbreak

Oiled and Ready has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Jul 14, 2017

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Watch your back, bitch" Trump's lawyer said to me

But I'm savvier than that

I looked up instead, barely managing to dodge the 60 pound bag of drugs about to connect with my skull

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Wait, you guys think rich white people are going to be punished for their wrong doing... In America???

Boy oh Boy...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Office Pig posted:

way way, bruh

no. it can't keep being like this

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

i'm the xbox 360 peeking out in perpetual terror at the world

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
'i never thought trump would deport my family to a sectarian war zone to be murdered', sobs woman who vote for the trump-deporting-families-to-sectarian-war-zones-to-be-murdered party.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Montasque posted:

Wait, you guys think rich white people are going to be punished for their wrong doing... In America???

Boy oh Boy...

madoff went down

don jr and jared are about to be complicit in destroying the american economy Any Day Now and that definitely affects other rich white people

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

americans are so bad with money

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hoping people make gifs of them thinking on their feet and catching the 60lb sack of weed instead of letting it brain them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LinYutang posted:

rest of world isn't really that much better outside parts of europe and japan afaik

financial literacy is hard, especially in a system that's constantly engineered to try to encourage you to spend as much as possible. don't have the money to spend? no problem, consumer!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
nixon really should have been executed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it really is amazing that capitalism has advanced to the point where nearly everyone is spending money they don't actually have

because that's the only way to keep the system running smoothly

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LinYutang posted:

basically every aspect of American society encourage people to go into debt

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Hoping people make gifs of them thinking on their feet and catching the 60lb sack of weed instead of letting it brain them.

Full length video with a Lee Greenwood soundtrack, tweeted by the goddamned POTUS

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Office Pig posted:

nixon really should have been executed

watergate seems so goddamn small potatoes compared to trump

a bit of domestic spying, ratfucking, and having a couple fingers on the election scales, no big

literal actual treason to a country we've had hostilities with for the past century?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Joementum posted:

SKULLCEL!!! Jesus loving Christ ahahahahahhahaa

https://twitter.com/BUSSCRO/status/885651702866726913

i'm not going to bother to look it up but a 9.5 inch long head sounds pretty small so i'm gonna go with "yes"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

eatenmyeyes posted:

same but I would be lying about the exchange part

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

God is real and trump is His judgement

extremely muad'dib voice]: God created Trump to train the faithful

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Montasque posted:

Boy oh Boy...

i think the consensus everyone has is that *something* has to break and *someone* has to get punished

i have a lot of milk-laden takes if we get an overwhelming mountain of evidence of collusion and nobody in the trump family sees the inside of a jail cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i heard if you touch the pisstape, your stomach immediately transforms into a hybrid vagina/betamax player

• Locked thread