Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

Lady Bird, you ugly poo poo

Eat poo poo and die, fall off your house

Eleamor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
also skeletons are involved so that's cool

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

TotalHell posted:

is it true that Grover Cleveland only served one term and his second was carried out by his evil doppelgänger clover greveland

that was president dave

Serf
May 5, 2011

yinlock: capitalism hasn't collapsed yet so welp

ursula k leguin: “We live in capitalism. Its power seems inescapable. So did the divine right of kings. Any human power can be resisted and changed by human beings. Resistance and change often begin in art, and very often in our art, the art of words.”

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon, who gave Trump the idea of running for president, which led ultimately to the piss tape

:911:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

peeonwe posted:

normal person: i'ma gonna get a sensible car with good mileage that i can pay off in a reasonable amount of time because banks and my job and society are going to exist like this for a long time and i need to plan for my financial future!

me: gimme like a dodge challenger or sumthing i dont fukken care how much interest u throw at me it wont get repoed before mad max timez and then ill have a fukken dodge challenger and u will have a honda fit lol

"And fill it with eels!"

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

peeonwe posted:

normal person: i'ma gonna get a sensible car with good mileage that i can pay off in a reasonable amount of time because banks and my job and society are going to exist like this for a long time and i need to plan for my financial future!

me: gimme like a dodge challenger or sumthing i dont fukken care how much interest u throw at me it wont get repoed before mad max timez and then ill have a fukken dodge challenger and u will have a honda fit lol

me: gimme a truck full of eels

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jarofpiss posted:

it will collapse under the weight of its own contradictions god drat son

yeah it will totally die on it's own and won't ascend to Capitalism II, now featuring Super Debt

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0-AD3bFjF8

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

yinlock: capitalism hasn't collapsed yet so welp

ursula k leguin: “We live in capitalism. Its power seems inescapable. So did the divine right of kings. Any human power can be resisted and changed by human beings. Resistance and change often begin in art, and very often in our art, the art of words.”

what

i'm saying stop waiting for things to happen on their own

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

jarofpiss posted:

:wrong: pardoned nixon and will join him in hell for it

El Disco posted:

Memorable moment: pardoning Nixon :colbert:
i mean yeah, but again, historical proximity. in 50 years if there's still a functioning american civilization people are gonna think nixon pardoned himself somehow or maybe his scheming vp agnew did it. 'actually agnew had to resign beforehand and it was the dundering five-headed football guy who replaced him that signed off on it' is probably gonna be peak political nerd knowledge

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Oiled and Ready posted:

I think more people know "that racist after Lincoln died" than know Pierce or Harrison, but Andrew Johnson sounds like such a fake president

doesn't help that people will probably assume you're getting Andrew Jackson's name wrong

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Yinlock posted:

yeah it will totally die on it's own and won't ascend to Capitalism II, now featuring Super Debt

i wish you would die

dialectic i mean

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Yinlock posted:

mods? this guy hasn't ctrl-fed marx

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Apraxin posted:

of pre-TRUMP presidents its probably gonna be Gerry Ford, in the long run. he's still vaguely in the public consciousness now due to temporal proximity, but you'd till be hard pressed to name any memorable moments or Important Policies or Events of the Ford Administration. once it fades into historical memory no-one's gonna remember that poo poo.
Do Ford's falls count as events?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlz0he9rtKw

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Bilirubin posted:

"And fill it with eels!"

novacaine for my kia soul

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

who's the other one?

Coolidge

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

peeonwe posted:

I'm with the me

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mods please change my name to Ferald Gord

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Homer's Mom Is Grim Reaper

what the gently caress happened good god

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Yinlock posted:

It wouldn't be Final Stage Capitalism without a secret 2nd final boss

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

what

i'm saying stop waiting for things to happen on their own

then ur in agreement with everyone else

welcome to the revolution yinlock

im so proud of u

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

list of predisents that matter in 2017: TRUMP

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Trump's lawyer did NOT e-mail me back and that's a bitch move.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Donny has brought this up a few times, and has a confirmed fear of steps lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oiled and Ready posted:

It wouldn't be Final Stage Capitalism without a secret 2nd final boss

this isn't even it's final form

welcome to the exciting world of company scrip

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

then ur in agreement with everyone else

welcome to the revolution yinlock

im so proud of u

y-yay?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

did you make sure to address him as 'marky', the way his friends do and thus the correct way

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

can god create a fetus so viable that even he couldn't abort it?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
dis capitalism and the boys r elon musk and zuck and all them ppl

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grem posted:

I was thinking about emailing him. I have a very Jewish sounding last name and I'm thinking that might be the trigger.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

pyf Fords

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
REPEAL AND REPLACE #MAGAnitsky

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/885697735407611904

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Yinlock posted:

this isn't even it's final form

welcome to the exciting world of company scrip

Hagbard Celine's flax scrip as he travels to Munro disrupt the Ingolstadt ceremony

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Piss tape released
Markets boom
Capitalism 2.0

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SKULL.GIF posted:

joe I have a historical question for you

who is the most forgettable President? that you could mention his name to someone reasonably well versed in presidential history and they'd go "this person was president? I don't remember"

I think it's William McKinley or maybe Ben Harrison

most people are reasonably familiar with the pre-Lincoln presidents then get fuzzy after the Civil War up until FDR at which point they start recognizing names regularly again. Presidents who were thoroughly incompetent or famously ineffective also get remembered fairly well (which counts out people like Fillmore, Tyler, Polk, Pierce)

McKinley got shot and they put his name on Denali for a while. I'm gonna go with Johnson on the technicality that the lay person would just assume Grant came after Lincoln.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FAUXTON posted:

McKinley got shot and they put his name on Denali for a while. I'm gonna go with Johnson on the technicality that the lay person would just assume Grant came after Lincoln.

Chester A Arthur before Futurama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I wonder if Ford liked to be urinated on my geishas?

• Locked thread