Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
So, if the Paul George for Klay Thompson had gone through... would the Warriors be better or worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
DSJ owned Fox so hard in the first q that he quit for the rest of the game. Are people going to poop on him in this thread as hard they did Ball?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lonzo matchups are the only time anyone cares about Fox

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Drunk Canuck posted:

Carmelo starts the 2017/18 season as a Knick. I'm calling it now.

Stay Me7o

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I don't see how it is possible for Melo to play in NY at the start of the season. Talks had allegedly been tabled til next week hours before the Perry hire. Possibly, as a courtesy to the new GM.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

God

drat

It!

we knew it and we got our hopes up anyways lol

but surely next time lucy will let us kick the football

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I guess it makes sense if you're about to hire your GM though

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I guess it makes sense if you're about to hire your GM though

not taking on an utterly lovely contract from a dude so bad we moved him for being bad would've been a good thing to wait on too, and the fact that we didn't makes me think it's an Order From Dolan so THJ is now untouchable and trying to move him will be the reason our next GM is fired

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Time for your daily Lonzo shoe update: he's wearing Hardens

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Boosh! posted:

I don't see how it is possible for Melo to play in NY at the start of the season. Talks had allegedly been tabled til next week hours before the Perry hire. Possibly, as a courtesy to the new GM.

Ah I see you have used the mindset that the Knicks are a competent organization. Heh.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it might be time soon to bring "Melodrama" out of retirement

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spacebump posted:

DSJ owned Fox so hard in the first q that he quit for the rest of the game. Are people going to poop on him in this thread as hard they did Ball?

I will not, I am super excited about him :)
E: by him I mean DSJ who even cares about Fox anymore?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Drunk Canuck posted:

Ah I see you have used the mindset that the Knicks are a competent organization. Heh.

:tipshat:

Start of a new erA

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Charlz Guybon posted:

So, if the Paul George for Klay Thompson had gone through... would the Warriors be better or worse?

Not even a q, worse in every possible way

At the very least if the warriors don't feel like paying a billion dollars in luxury taxes in 2019 Thompson is an hugely valuable trade asset

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man. Now whenever I look at Derrick Rose highlights I only see how he lands poorly like every single time.

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/885686705994571776

Edit: Wait. People don't think Paul George is better than Klay Thompson.

Is this the world we are living in?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 14, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dexo posted:

Ammanas is a Warriors fan

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Were they even having trade talks with Cleveland or is this just an attempt to beef up the trade value of a guy who will only waive his no trade clause for two teams, one of which isn't even interested in him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I just want to put on record that I do want that goon to die via nuclear bomb dropped on LA

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As much as I hated Rose I still love that he jammed with both hands. Not enough people dunk with two hands for safety in transition like that. A double handed stuff is the best.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

chunkles posted:

Were they even having trade talks with Cleveland or is this just an attempt to beef up the trade value of a guy who will only waive his no trade clause for two teams, one of which isn't even interested in him

Eh Cavs might be interested in him.

They've been looking for and trying to acquire additional wings all offseason.

And the Cavs have enough garbage salaries on the roster to give the Knicks if the Knicks only goal is to dump Melo, If the Knicks are actually asking for assets in return it's probably a no from the Cavs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BWV posted:

As much as I hated Rose I still love that he jammed with both hands. Not enough people dunk with two hands for safety in transition like that. A double handed stuff is the best.

Disagree. My favorite thing will always be a dude trying to their down a meaty dunk only for it to bang off the back of the rim and fly into the backcourt

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

I just want to put on record that I do want that goon to die via nuclear bomb dropped on LA

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dexo posted:

Eh Cavs might be interested in him.

They've been looking for and trying to acquire additional wings all offseason.

And the Cavs have enough garbage salaries on the roster to give the Knicks if the Knicks only goal is to dump Melo, If the Knicks are actually asking for assets in return it's probably a no from the Cavs.

jinkies I didn't realize that Shump was on a 10m contract.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dexo posted:

Man. Now whenever I look at Derrick Rose highlights I only see how he lands poorly like every single time.

Well he's a better shooter and easier to get along with so that's one thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

chunkles posted:

jinkies I didn't realize that Shump was on a 10m contract.

Comedy trade was JR and Shump for Melo.

But I would also think about trading Tristan if I were the Cavs.

I would most assuredly not trade Love.

Edit I lied.

The Real comedy option is Tristan, JR, and Shump, for Melo and Noah.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 14, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Thompson was Cleveland's second leading WS guy last season. The Cavs suck!

Metapod posted:

My roster is currently full in the GM thread but I'm thinking about clearing a spot in order to draft a nuclear weapon that we will detonate in LA, thereby pushing the world to the brink of global war.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
DSJ looks like he's gonna be some hot poo poo and he almost did a Chaos Dunk today, I hate my stupid powerful division

chunkles posted:

I've been texting Daryl (I call him Daryl, of course we're on a first name basis) not to do the drat deal all week but getting no response

I'm gonna be furious if he comes here and starts some poo poo with national basketball treasure Mike D'Antoni

*lights the Declan signal*

This is the only Daryl I acknowledge

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

The Real comedy option is Tristan, JR, and Shump, for Melo and Noah.

Dexo don't do this to me don't put that evil out there

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Bulls almost certainly never considered picking Dennis Smith Jr. because they had Kris Dunn locked down the second they traded up

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's only Summer League but I gotta start planting the GarPax hosed Up narratives as soon as possible just in case it turns out to be true

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

The Bulls almost certainly never considered picking Dennis Smith Jr. because they had Kris Dunn locked down the second they traded up

lmao the Bulls didn't even have a draft board that lasted to the 38th loving pick in the draft.

The FO literally said there were no other draftable players they had on their boards so they felt ok selling the pick.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They have picked need over talent before *cough Teague cough*

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dexo posted:

I was talking with my brother earlier today about the Rose comparisons. I don't think I have ever seen a player irl as fast as DRose. I haven't seen Smith play in person and players always seem faster when you are actually there. However, I don't know if he is quite as fast as prime Rose. The way Smith glides to the rim past players is amazing. Even if Smith doesn't reach MVP Rose levels of awesome, he will still be the best Mavs pg/draft pick in a long time. I think he has a massive ceiling but prime Rose was so much fun to watch. Then again I'm having fun watching Smith in the summer league so maybe he will be more exciting one day

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think speed was what made Rose standout special as it was more of his insane creativity and body control when attacking the paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s21OR5vmJMQ

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
PG is better than Klay but Klay might be better for that role. PG would be taking shots from Steph and Durant and I don't think that's a good idea. PG would be better on defense but they don't really need that either.

GSW would be better by keeping the roster continuity.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

PG is better than Klay but Klay might be better for that role. PG would be taking shots from Steph and Durant and I don't think that's a good idea. PG would be better on defense but they don't really need that either.

GSW would be better by keeping the roster continuity.

I don't think he's that much better on defense. Klay is quietly one of the best perimeter defenders in the league

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It depends entirely if PG is better at guarding Irving than Klay.

Klay can legit guard point guards, I don't remember George being assigned on 1's.

Paul George is a way better ball handler than Klay. The warriors offense goes into a train wreck every time Klay initiates the offense outside of transition.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Would you have put PG13 in as a SG in that lineup?

Klay was stopping a ton of Kyrie's drives, his defense was fantastic during the finals.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

PG played SG at the start of his career

Played with Granger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

derrick rose is now wandering the earth in search of an nba team willing to pay him like the mid-level exception, what a world.

• Locked thread