Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Hooray, I finally caught up with the thread! I've also been reading the Drakengard LPs and they're really enjoyable.

I'm playing through as well and I'm only a little bit ahead of where you are. I had no clue you could use the scanner to find items. Guess I'm going to be playing 2B: metal detector for a bit now to find secret weapons...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I first played this game with my boyfriend, and when we found Hymir's Finger I legit stood up and just started yelling. I was so sad to see it's fall from grace :( I'll remember you as you were, old friend.

Also when we played, we found the last Lunar Tear in the sunken city and decided "let's deliver the missiles to the carrier, THEN we'll go check out Emil's elevator!"

:smith:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

axeil posted:

I'm playing through as well and I'm only a little bit ahead of where you are. I had no clue you could use the scanner to find items. Guess I'm going to be playing 2B: metal detector for a bit now to find secret weapons...
Hope you enjoy the music in the Desert Zone! :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

axeil posted:

Hooray, I finally caught up with the thread! I've also been reading the Drakengard LPs and they're really enjoyable.

It's mainly used for materials, don't get your hopes up about finding a dozen awesome new weapons that were under your nose the whole time, there's rarely much of interest.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Dabir posted:

It's mainly used for materials, don't get your hopes up about finding a dozen awesome new weapons that were under your nose the whole time, there's rarely much of interest.

I'm a crazy person who wants to get 100% achievements on this. I'm happy that some of them (like the fishing one) aren't true 100% because fishing is an absolute drag and now that I have it I'll never fish again.

I've been intentionally killing myself at every big boss fight to see if it triggers another ending. I'm mostly just glad I won't constantly be 5-10 pages behind the thread as I was only reading up to where I had played.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

I found a picture of the next weapon 2B is gonna pick up.

Made me think of a different crossover

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

axeil posted:

I've been intentionally killing myself at every big boss fight to see if it triggers another ending.

I don't think most of the endings actually involve you dying. Unless it involves Jackass. And a mackerel.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cool, they wandered into the unfinished assets area of Nier Automata

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Power Bottom posted:

Don't I wish :allears:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cool, they wandered into the unfinished assets area of Nier Automata

Yeah, it reminds me of the time I noclipped out of the Antichamber map. For some reason there are (procedurally generated?) blank-white cubes in the infinite expanse outside of that game's maps.

Kinda freaky.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tunicate posted:

"DO YOU DESIRE POWER?!"
"...?"

E: dear god don't let 2B anywhere near the Weltall...

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 14, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Power Bottom posted:

Logan Cunningham's voice accompanying 2B and 9S on their adventures would be awesome, yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zomborgon posted:

Yeah, it reminds me of the time I noclipped out of the Antichamber map. For some reason there are (procedurally generated?) blank-white cubes in the infinite expanse outside of that game's maps.

Kinda freaky.

If you noclip out of Antichamber, how can you tell?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Iron Will deserved a better fate. :smith:

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Vil posted:

Resilience?

Overclock can drop there too.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"DO YOU DESIRE POWER?!"
"...?"

Man that fucker would still be alive to this day.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Tunicate posted:

Now, now.

TDI said he'd never LP Xenosaga.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Clearly the humans are actually all hiding out under here. In the grim, dark future post Trump presidency white supremacy has gone so crazy that they won't even allow colours on the walls.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Attitude Indicator posted:

Remember Me is just Wasted Potential: The Game.

Can't disagree there 🙁

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
That one room in Deux Ex Human Revolution.

Or else you actually took an elevator downwards and ended up in the moon...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Remember Me had some pretty neat parts in between the mediocre combat. I didn't regret playing it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sindai posted:

Remember Me had some pretty neat parts in between the mediocre combat. I didn't regret playing it.

If you're the least interested it's worth playing.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
You'd think Id's commentary at the end of the update there is exaggerated for comedic purposes, but I, for one, can confirm that I literally whispered "what the gently caress" when I got to this exact point.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
I remember getting to the copied city and flatly just saying "whaaaaaaaaaat" at what I was seeing. Surely this can only mean good things.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014
Personally I went to check if the elevator did, in fact, took me down instead of up to some weird moon-zone.

Then when I confirmed I also wondered what the actual gently caress.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Always keeps you on your toes, this game. Sure, it just finished with the giant doomsday sea machine, but it's still got things to make you say "what the gently caress" again.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

When I got to the monochrome city, I believe my reaction was "Oh, this is gonna be GOOD."

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Graceful Graveler posted:

You'd think Id's commentary at the end of the update there is exaggerated for comedic purposes, but I, for one, can confirm that I literally whispered "what the gently caress" when I got to this exact point.

Ryushikaze posted:

When I got to the monochrome city, I believe my reaction was "Oh, this is gonna be GOOD."

These two quotes summed up my reaction to the Copied City the first time around. Kneejerk reaction was "what the gently caress am I looking at" but then I went "oh yeah, there is some crazy poo poo that's going to go down here." :getin:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly this wasn't nearly as WTF to me as coming around the corner to the amusement park, but for the former I was expecting things to be played straight, and...well. :yokotaro:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

When i got to this part i did a triple take, then grabbed my face like macaulay culkin and screamed "what the gently caress is happening in my video game" to my empty, lonely apartment

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Honestly this wasn't nearly as WTF to me as coming around the corner to the amusement park, but for the former I was expecting things to be played straight, and...well. :yokotaro:

That was my thinking too. I was expecting things to be crazy and insane. When I walked out and looked around, I thought "Yeah, that's about right." I was more shocked by the normal looking cave.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wowee wow wow. A&E have been real busy since the last fight!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Copied City's theme really sells the descent you're in for. It's a dreamy, ominous piano and string tune that screams "your sanity is about to burst at the seams". The elevator doors open, you see white and hear that song, and a little voice in your head says oh poo poo. You immediately know nothing good is going to happen here.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I was going to say that it was nice to finally know what the 'Copied City' on the soundtrack refers to, except...I have no idea what is going on here. No idea at all. Though I am excited/apprehensive for new updates now that things are finally going full Yoko. I predict many things I can't predict will happen, and none of them will be good.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Zoe posted:

Though I am excited/apprehensive for new updates now that things are finally going full Yoko.

We are not at full Yoko. This is maybe half Yoko. When we reach full speed for this game, you will know it definitively.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Meh.

My reaction was more of a "finally" cause outside of being melancholy as hell the game wasn't being overly weird. Everything up to this point fit together very nicely and all had at least some plausible explanations. (with one very obvious exception) I felt like I'd been playing a Platinum game up to this point, which, don't get me wrong, I love Platinum games, but I'd signed on for some Yoko Taro as well.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Meh.

My reaction was more of a "finally" cause outside of being melancholy as hell the game wasn't being overly weird. Everything up to this point fit together very nicely and all had at least some plausible explanations. (with one very obvious exception) I felt like I'd been playing a Platinum game up to this point, which, don't get me wrong, I love Platinum games, but I'd signed on for some Yoko Taro as well.

If you want constant weirdness, go play his Drakengard games. The first Nier wasn't overly weird at first either

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"DO YOU DESIRE POWER?!"
"...?"

So the final boss of this game is going to chair and a spotlight?

pulsor93
Mar 3, 2015

LordAba posted:

So the final boss of this game is going to chair and a spotlight?
Fun fact: Spike Spencer, aka Shinji himself, was in NiER as Kainé's Shade buddy, Tyrian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Zoe posted:

I was going to say that it was nice to finally know what the 'Copied City' on the soundtrack refers to, except...I have no idea what is going on here. No idea at all.

9S got missile'd so hard the world rebooted in safe mode.

• Locked thread