Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silly mane
Nov 26, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

Plesae, this fucker AND his dad could be on the way to the gibbet for shoplifting, both shouting about fake shops.

I mean, yeah of course, but we have a VERY recent VERY public and VERY blatant SERIES of examples of this. I'd just love to see assholes like the guy in that CNN video pressed to address that.

silly mane fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I hold this truth self-evident. That peepee tape is real. That Trump is not endowed with a mandate of governance, lacks good sense, and is amoral.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

pacerhimself posted:

I really try to avoid cable news so it's good to know it's been asked.

No worries.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

silly mane posted:

I mean, yeah of course, but we have a VERY recent VERY public and VERY blatant SERIES of examples of this. I'd just love to see assholes like the guy in that CNN video pressed to address that.

He'd just tap dance around it and blame Hillary or Obama or Democrats.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

pacerhimself posted:

I really try to avoid cable news so it's good to know it's been asked.

I ended my satellite tv sub two years ago because everytime I watched 24-hr news I would tip over into irrational snappy anger, mostly at the way it was delivered. It is entertainment for 'fans of sports teams' on all of these networks, not just Fox News. If politics matters to you, just read your news. Your nervous system will thank you. Some goateed blowhard in an ill fitting suit shouting the news at you is bad for all involved, as we have recently seen.

Propublica does not update as often as most, but is ace reporting. I read others, but too many to list here.

Also, if you just want to see the headlines, some superhero goon made this thing! I know the URL looks weird but trust me.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 14, 2017

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

silly mane posted:

Surely cases are being built on these kinds of things and it's only a matter of time until the other shoe drops -- right?
When the "other" shoe starts to drop, we'll find that Donald Trump isn't a man, he's a centipede.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

When the "other" shoe starts to drop, we'll find that Donald Trump isn't a man, he's a centipede.

1200 guinea pigs in a skin suit.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nathan Fielder would be a perfect Kushner stand-in let's do this SNL.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Donald Trump weighs a literal ton.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Push El Burrito posted:

Nathan Fielder would be a perfect Kushner stand-in let's do this SNL.

Donald Trump weighs a literal ton.

Donald Trump, Donald Trump
Tweets covfefe while he's taking a dump

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I dunno. Guinea Pigs eat their young, and I doubt that Trump ever gave oral sex to any woman in his life, let alone Ivanka when he raped her..

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TyroneGoldstein posted:

please do not insult guinea pigs like that

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

I dunno. Guinea Pigs eat their young, and I doubt that Trump ever gave oral sex to any woman in his life, let alone Ivanka when he raped her..

...You meant Ivana, right?

:barf: either way though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Robot Hobo posted:

Our Path of Now and Forever is self-justifying, it needs no confirmation.
We profit. That is all. There is no more.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Alec Baldwin's utterly terrible impression of the President somehow garnered him an Emmy nomination, and he'll probably win.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

try the new taco place posted:

Alec Baldwin's utterly terrible impression of the President somehow garnered him an Emmy nomination, and he'll probably win.

How many did President Show get?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The performance doesn't matter. What does matter is it will bother the President of the United States immensely. Perhaps he will complain loudly on Twitter and call Baldwin a failing loser. Perhaps he will make important decisions based on it, as he has in the past.

It's worth it for that.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Serfer posted:

How many did President Show get?

Fairly sure it's not eligible this year

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dogwood Fleet posted:

...You meant Ivana, right?

:barf: either way though.

Ivana isn't his daughter, so the joke wouldn't work.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The most good the Emmys could ever do is cause added stress to our heart-disease-addled president and hasten his coming stroke.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I'm not saying the nomination is a bad thing, it's just a little more transparent that it's star loving and politics than the other 120 categories

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Boon posted:

Alas, my cover is blown, eh?

Head on over after class and get familiar with the menu https://goo.gl/maps/sKTNh4ZC9fk

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I don't want to be too much of a conspiracy theorist, but I am very curious about the suicide note, because the part that I have read seems a little off.

The two phrases that I have read,

RECENT BAD TURN IN HEALTH SINCE JANUARY, 2017…

LIFE INSURANCE OF $5 MILLION EXPIRING.

do not seem to be the type of thing a native English speaker would write.
They seem to be the type of thing that someone who had studied English as a foreign language would write.

Its bizarre, on several fronts.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

glowing-fish posted:

I don't want to be too much of a conspiracy theorist, but I am very curious about the suicide note, because the part that I have read seems a little off.

They seem to be the type of thing that someone who had studied English as a foreign language would write.

I am thinking you are being paranoid, fish that glows.

Who of those who is among us does not speak and write in these ways? It is to laugh.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I'm more surprised you can say I am killing myself for the insurance money and the insurance company would still pay it out. Or at least this guy thought it would.

silly mane
Nov 26, 2004

glowing-fish posted:

It also seems oddly specific, with the inclusion of the date and dollar figure. I'd think most people would just write something more along the lines of "my recent health problems" and "my life insurance expiring".

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Deadulus posted:

I'm more surprised you can say I am killing myself for the insurance money and the insurance company would still pay it out. Or at least this guy thought it would.

I think that some life insurance policies only disqualify for suicide for the earlier parts of the term.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Didn't know life insurance had expiration dates, doesn't that miss the point?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I have a tip for not being a conspiracy theorist- when you type "I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but" just stop. Don't put any more words.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Maybe stop electing (or consider electing) wealthy celebrities and you wont need to hasten the invention of suicide booths. :colbert:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/885717639879737348

"Go gently caress yourself." :lol:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

silly mane posted:

It also seems oddly specific, with the inclusion of the date and dollar figure. I'd think most people would just write something more along the lines of "my recent health problems" and "my life insurance expiring".

I'm a composition teacher. Some people just write stilted, usually because they over think it. So, on the one hand, "Life Insurance of $5 million" and "Recent bad turn in health since January, 2017" are way weirder than "$5 million life insurance" (or as you point out, just "my life insurance") and "a recent turn in my health," but in my honest opinion, it's not outside the realm of typically poor writing. Hell, I have a friend who got a master's in CivE. I proof read his thesis for him and it was on a high school level.

Point is, could be a Russian spy wrote it, could be a guy that isn't a writer and who was under a lot of stress over wrote the thing. I know which one I think is more likely.

Edit: let me rephrase something: some people, left to their own devices and without good instruction or mentorship, write stilted.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 14, 2017

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

I have a tip for not being a conspiracy theorist- when you type "I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but" just stop. Don't put any more words.

I said "I don't want to be too much of a conspiracy theorist"

Like, there are things that point to this being a suicide...no struggle, he was an elderly man with some health problems, and everyone is capable of suicide.

But I would be curious about other things. The diction is odd...how does it compare to his other writing? Had he written about suicide before? What were his religious beliefs? Why would he kill himself because a life insurance policy was about to expire?

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
is this where we file complaints about the guy who lost the election bust still became president? thanks

:discourse:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/JacobMSchmitt/status/885718449997008900

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

alpha_destroy posted:

I'm a composition teacher. Some people just write stilted, usually because they over think it. So, on the one hand, "Life Insurance of $5 million" and "Recent bad turn in health since January, 2017" are way weirder than "$5 million life insurance" (or as you point out, just "my life insurance") and "a recent turn in my health," but in my honest opinion, it's not outside the realm of typically poor writing. Hell, I have a friend who got a master's in CivE. I proof read his thesis for him and it was on a high school level.

Point is, could be a Russian spy wrote it, could be a guy that isn't a writer and who was under a lot of stress over wrote the thing. I know which one I think is more likely.

Edit: let me rephrase something: some people, left to their own devices and without good instruction or mentorship, write stilted.

Before today, if someone had said they got an e-Mail from a lawyer representing the President of the United States of America that said

"“I’m on you now. You are loving with me now Let’s see who you are Watch your back , bitch.” "Call me. Don’t be afraid, you piece of poo poo. Stand up. If you don’t call, you’re just afraid." " “I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

I would say that was probably a forgery and that professional lawyers would not be using that type of language in a way that could be recorded, but...

Well, that kind of undercuts my point, in that people can sound different than they do, but the deeper point is stuff keeps getting weirder.

People don't think it be like it is, but it do, bitch.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Always nice to see an appreciation for the classics.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

goat.se is great for all occasions

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

My questions about those ~EMAILS~: did they only receive 112? If not, are those the somehow-curated "best" ones?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

This is amazing. Trump is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Not only is Trump laying the groundwork for his own incompetency defense, but he now has a case that his lawyer was also not competent.

I don't even know what dimension of chess we are on, at this point.

• Locked thread