Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

"He just buys lovely cars because of brain damage"

Story of my life

You're not Viggen though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Pretty much. I'm old school so I'm still getting used to it. Went through one lovely cheap vaper already so I'm gonna invest in a good one. I should listen to what TCC goons say to get right? :v:

do they sell dank tanks? they are sealed oil tanks that you attach to a 10 dollar vape pen and work so drat well, so much easier than a standard vape with bud.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If anything do it for me because working in the auto industry means no fun :argh:

they do randoms on you? lame

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pretty much. I'm old school so I'm still getting used to it. Went through one lovely cheap vaper already so I'm gonna invest in a good one. I should listen to what TCC goons say to get right? :v:

I have an early battery powered vape (Magic Flight Launch Box). I've had it for several years, and I've had to buy new batteries a few times; it takes a lot of getting used to, but once I figured it out.... weed lasts for-loving-ever. It's also small enough that you can take it anywhere. I wouldn't recommend it for a newbie, but it definitely works once you figure out how to use it. I would think newer stuff is a lot more advanced, but I haven't looked in ages (and probably won't until the MFLB dies).

I still like bongs now and then, but I'm no longer a fan of pipes or joints anymore - at least not when I'm paying for the weed. Just too much waste!

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 14, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

do they sell dank tanks? they are sealed oil tanks that you attach to a 10 dollar vape pen and work so drat well, so much easier than a standard vape with bud.

I think that's how the medical stuff goes, I'm going tomorrow to the dispensary for the first time so I'll find out.

I've been vaping wax for a few months now and it was working great before the pen I got took a poo poo.

[e] I just checked their website, that's exactly what they sell. Pretty stoked.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 14, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just finished shooting my 2000th nail through my $12 after coupon harbor freight air nailer that says oil before each use and guess what I haven't oiled it a single time! No one tells me what to do!

In other news I am 6'2 (with eyes of blue) and while I can only speak of 90s cars with authority as that is when I delivered cars for a detail shop I comfortably fit in anything from Yugo to Renault to Neon to Viper.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
I should really upgrade and spend more than :10bux: on paraphernalia. My bong only works because of a liberal application of electrical tape.

But I pulled my first engine today! Only hosed up two studs that got hung up the bell housing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

they do randoms on you? lame

Yeah I have to drive M-plates sometimes

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Weed is cool and good and you should smoke it every day because within 5 years it's going to be hard time for possession and any medical programs are going to get shut down, let alone recreational states.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What makes you say that? Besides it won't stop people from smoking it even if it did happen.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Serious question time, when the hell did brake pads stop coming with wear indicators? Apparently, my wife's 2013 Taurus doesn't have them and neither do any of the aftermarket pads for it. I got to change out pads and front rotors tonight and apparently need to look at those fuckers more often now that I know the only wear indicator involved is rotor replacement time... It just boggles my mind that a safety item like that wouldn't be standard much less manufacturers cheaping out and not adding in a $.02 piece of metal. Did the bean counters just not account for a markup on that poo poo?!? gently caress...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Six hours from now I board a train that takes me to Kiev then to Pripyat/Chernobyl.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

Six hours from now I board a train that takes me to Kiev then to Pripyat/Chernobyl.

Do you get to see the elephant's foot?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

cursedshitbox posted:

Bring back some artifacts, stalker.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seminal Flu posted:

Do you get to see the elephant's foot?

Every morning. :quagmire:

KozmoNaut posted:

Bring back some artifacts, stalker.
5 year prison sentance; no.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

everdave posted:

I just finished shooting my 2000th nail through my $12 after coupon harbor freight air nailer that says oil before each use and guess what I haven't oiled it a single time! No one tells me what to do!

In other news I am 6'2 (with eyes of blue) and while I can only speak of 90s cars with authority as that is when I delivered cars for a detail shop I comfortably fit in anything from Yugo to Renault to Neon to Viper.

I have a $15 funny-money-colored-canadian-dollarydoo's one from our HF equivalent, Princess Auto, and its 12 years old and has done thousands of nails. It has seen oil once, when I knocked over a jug of used oil onto it. Still works without a hiccup.
Love that cheap little thing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

ilkhan posted:

Did I hit mark unread? Or have I just missed half a months worth of chat thread? Who knows.

Test drove an F-150. I knew it was huge from sitting in one before, but I'd hoped it would feel smaller while driving.

Nope! Felt even bigger. Driving a brontosaurus would not feel this big

gently caress

Test drove a Tacoma.

Still felt big, definitely lacked the power, but it was livable.

I started looking at trucks to have fun off road and tow the motorcycle to track days, but independent of that, I've started taking steps towards finishing my degree. Since I don't want to transfer when I already have 100 credits done, and UNRs web offerings loving suck, I'm probably going to have to move back to Reno to finish it. 4x4 would be nice for winter drives over the Sierras, and maybe when I'm done the Ranger will be out and I can put that awesome resale value towards a truck with the size of a Tacoma but with a grown up Ford engine in it. The 3.5EB and the 10A in an aluminum bodied Tacoma size truck would be hilariously good fun.

I'm also in Vegas for the first time, with my GF, and it's pretty fun even after a 10 hour drive.
Why not look at a smaller truck, like the Colorado?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Off to see Baby Driver at the drive in tomorrow evening.....

In a San Remo MY06 WRX that is VIN'ed as a WRX STI exactly like the main stunt cars used. Going by myself but I dont give a flying gently caress

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
oh yeah well i basically drive john wicks car :colbert:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Kinda wish I lived in a state with legal weed, I doubt they'd give me a prescription because of the ol sadbrains. Plus the last thing I need is something that'll make me play more video games.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I've never tried weed, and from my sample group of people who do, it seems to be like crossfit. In other words, if you do it, never ever shut the gently caress up about it. Not that I mind if people do use, just saying.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Tomarse posted:

They are free in quite a few places already, so just save the effort and go to one of them and then hit up work afterwards if you need to for glasses. Tesco Opticians are definitely free. Some Boot's seem to be, and the vision express in my local shithole town also was last time I went there.

It's been years since I've been for one and I used to wear glasses so I feel like getting some will essentially be like upgrading to ultra high definition (though what will the call the next upgrade to TV resolution?)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I've never tried weed, and from my sample group of people who do, it seems to be like crossfit. In other words, if you do it, never ever shut the gently caress up about it. Not that I mind if people do use, just saying.
There are probably a lot of people you know that you wouldn't expect to smoke weed that do indeed smoke weed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I would think newer stuff is a lot more advanced, but I haven't looked in ages (and probably won't until the MFLB dies).

This is absolutely correct, up until about this time last year I used a MFLB and just got fed up with how fiddly it is and constantly having to change/recharge batteries. Bought my wife and I a pair of Flowermate 5.0 pros and haven't looked back - being able to set a temperature and then pretty much forget it, not having to shake to rotate the flower every few minutes and not having to worry about damaging the screen is really nice. My flowermate uses a pair of 18650 cells for power (unfortunately not easily replaceable) so it runs for hours on a single charge.

At this point the only advantage the MFLB has is their no questions asked lifetime warranty.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Nidhg00670000 posted:

this is more of an age/maturity thing, most people stop talking about it the longer they have done it or older they get (unless they're somehow in the 'industry' and of course will never shut up about it)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

"He just buys lovely cars because of brain damage"

Story of my life

What did you buy this time? Or is that just a general statement?

ZincBoy posted:

The older CNC thing is a bit of a crap shoot unless you know what you are doing. Many of the old machines have been ridden hard and put away wet and if you don't know what to look for, you will have a pile of scrap. Just check the mechanical workings of any machine before starting on the conversion and return it to the scrap yard if it is too horribly worn. I haven't converted an old machine but have converted a manual to CNC with decent results.

Worth noting, indeed. I've not done anything in this direction, and it will likely be some time if and when I try a conversion myself. I know just enough about machine tools to get myself in trouble, though my dad is an engineer with machine shop experience, and I took metal shop in high school (manual tools only), so I do know a few basics, at least. Not enough to evaluate a machine - i'll let dad handle that for me.

quote:

That being said, I mostly print things these days as 3d printers are fire and forget once you get them dialed in. I have several of the Monoprice Maker Ultimate printers. They tend to go on sale from time to time and I picked mine up for $500 each. They can use a few inexpensive upgrades like an all-metal hot end if you want to print more automotive compatible plastics. It is great to prototype with the 3d printer and machine the final version. I have also printed suspension bushing boots using X60 TPU that have worked great (need a flexion extruder for this).

Thanks. I could probably swing that much for the Maker Ultimate. I get that the four-post design is going to be more stable, and therefore more precise than the two-post design of the lower-end Makers. I see that there's a 3D printing thread, but it's got a bazillion (old) posts, and, frankly, I trust you guys more than SA as a whole...

keykey posted:

Serious question time, when the hell did brake pads stop coming with wear indicators? Apparently, my wife's 2013 Taurus doesn't have them and neither do any of the aftermarket pads for it. I got to change out pads and front rotors tonight and apparently need to look at those fuckers more often now that I know the only wear indicator involved is rotor replacement time... It just boggles my mind that a safety item like that wouldn't be standard much less manufacturers cheaping out and not adding in a $.02 piece of metal. Did the bean counters just not account for a markup on that poo poo?!? gently caress...

I noticed that on the Centrics I put on my Crown Vic, and the existing pads that were on it. Not sure why the wear indicators are going away. Perhaps the manufacturers want to sell more rotors after we grind them up with the pad backing?

quote="cursedshitbox" post="474351932"]
[/quote]

This is a trip I'd like to make. There's just something about it, ever since I learned about it in the Call of Duty mission featuring Pripyat. It's just eerie.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Funny you say that because legally I have to vape or eat it, smoking it is not allowed :flame:

I got a Firefly 2.0 a couple months ago. It's good but not great and I gotta say I'm less than enthused after paying $330 for it.

Get a Volcano.
BAGS FOR DAYZ!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

redgubbinz posted:

Kinda wish I lived in a state with legal weed, I doubt they'd give me a prescription because of the ol sadbrains. Plus the last thing I need is something that'll make me play more video games.

Not sure if you know but some of the states with legal weed have made it fully legal, no prescription required. This is why I spent 11 months unemployed last year, over half a million assholes have moved here (Colorado) in the last few years, a lot did it for the weed and a lot of them were mechanical engineers. I've never tried weed in my life.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

this is more of an age/maturity thing, most people stop talking about it the longer they have done it or older they get (unless they're somehow in the 'industry' and of course will never shut up about it)

Seriously. I have been smoking way to long and as much as I love legal weed stores, 90% of the people working their are loving obnoxious. Its even worse if you run into one at the bar, they just don't shut the gently caress up.

I don't own one(since I mostly stick to edibles and vape cartridges) but the PAX Vaporizers are pretty loving nice. I bought a bunch of the early portable vapes and they all were super finicky and mostly worthless. The PAX is super easy to use and just works.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Wrar posted:

Why not look at a smaller truck, like the Colorado?
I'm a pretty big Ford fanboy, and despise GM (actually for different reasons than the fanboy stuff). Also if I'm going to buy a truck the Tacoma has stupidly high resale value, so I'll cash in on that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Off to see Baby Driver at the drive in tomorrow evening.....
To counter everyone else, the Baby Driver was good, but not as good as the hype suggests.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nothing is ever as good as the hype. Like Spider-man Homecoming. It's a great film but it has just as many flaws as the previous films.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That's one I can probably wait for the Blu ray. Might see Baby Driver this weekend, though.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

LloydDobler posted:

Not sure if you know but some of the states with legal weed have made it fully legal, no prescription required. This is why I spent 11 months unemployed last year, over half a million assholes have moved here (Colorado) in the last few years, a lot did it for the weed and a lot of them were mechanical engineers. I've never tried weed in my life.

I blame it on Silicon Valley overflow. Companies and techies are moving to places where the cost of living is more reasonable. First Seattle and Portland, now Denver and Reno (and podunks like mine). I def think you're right and the legal weed would put Denver ahead of SLC on a lot of 21-30y/o techbros lists.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Here, have a picture of cats.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I enjoyed baby driver, although it did seem to get a little long toward the end.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

MA is the nearest state to pass that legislation, and even then it's not legal to sell because of their governor. I've never tried it either, but the alternatives are prescription drugs with horrible side effects and a very real physical dependency in some cases.

I feel bad for the poor Colorado residents having to put up with weed tourists, but at least they're not drunk!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Yo DJ Commie (stole this from Rhyno in the craigslist gold thread)

Go buy this

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

What makes you say that? Besides it won't stop people from smoking it even if it did happen.

Our current AG has a hateboner six miles high for drug offenses, and loves mandatory minimums in sentencing. One of his first policy memos was to instruct federal prosecutors to pursue charges that carry a mandatory minimum sentence preferentially. As a Congressman he worked to oppose sentencing reform for non-violent drug crimes for just that reason.

All it takes to make the state laws not matter when pot's still illegal federally is the DOJ putting enough pressure on, say by refusing to distribute funds to state and local police agencies unless they agree to turn over info to the feds so that they can try and prosecute legal pot sellers on such things as violating anti-terrorism banking laws by not keeping their profits in banks where the feds can seize them.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 14, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Our current AG has a hateboner six miles high for drug offenses, and loves mandatory minimums in sentencing. One of his first policy memos was to instruct federal prosecutors to pursue charges that carry a mandatory minimum sentence preferentially. As a Congressman he worked to oppose sentencing reform for non-violent drug crimes for just that reason.

Yeah, but all of those are just a side effect of his intense hatred of black people.

If he could just arrest black people for being black, he would probably be indifferent towards drugs.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Was on a week long training course which meant driving a few hours to Warwick and back a few days later in a new Ford C-max we were given.
Man that trip was a lot better in that thing than my Polo.

Also at work today they tested the nuclear emergency alarms which succeed in having a certain pants-making GBS threads sound to them compared to the regular fire alarms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Liquid Communism posted:

prosecute legal pot sellers on such things as violating anti-terrorism banking laws by not keeping their profits in banks where the feds can seize them.

Don't take this the wrong way, because I am legitimately asking and not being snarky or anything like that. I have not heard of this before, but are you saying that there are laws (under the guise of anti-terrorism) that state business profits have to be kept in banks?

On the other hand, I've heard that the (maybe some of the) banks won't take money from dispensaries because it's made illegally on a federal level.

• Locked thread