Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i'm just going to stop talking about it. i'm incredibly stressed out man. I didn't expect any kind of real help here, obviously, I was mostly just making conversation but lifting has been a big help in dealing with depression and all kind of dumb poo poo that was my fault earlier in life and all these injury roadblocks are incredibly frustrating for me.

Yeah, it sucks. The days can be pretty random, sometimes I'll have to pack coils that are like 25 lbs and 4 feet long, straighten them, pick them up put them on a protracter at face level to make sure angles are good, then press them, etc. It's really hard to tell what's what though. I'm not always injured. Sometimes I'll feel really good, like Monday I wouldn't have bench pressed if it hurt to do. Then days like the past day or two happen. I don't know, I'm sure a PT should help and I'm going to go to one whether I have to miss work or not.

I still love you DDD, don't worry about the past, I used to be skin and bones and shoot heroin into my arm and snort all types of things that I'm pretty sure weren't meant to go up my nose. You would never ever suspect that looking at me now though, probably. Best advice I can give you is analyze the gently caress out of how you are moving around at work. My right hamstring used to get cramped up constantly, stalling my deadlifts, but then I realized that it was the way I was pulling carts around at work that was hurting me. I should be pushing them, instead! :pseudo: boom problem solved, deadlifts went up and hips/right hamstring started feeling much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zzulu posted:

And I'm an actual honest to god Doctor

Are you a doctor of steroids or

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
amongst other things

All teh goons who have followed my medical advice are living richer, fuller and happier lives

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

I can't take anything you say seriously now with your current avatar. What happened to your Chuck avatar? I remember seeing a bunch of those at one point.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You don't like cum?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can you write me a prescription for this steroids & cum regimen you are promoting

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You don't need a prescription for that

That's like the average saturday evening at my place

and you're all invited

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Constipated posted:

Doing anything manual labor related for more than 50 hours a week is hell. Sounds like it's the repetitive motions your job requires that is loving you up. I remember I used to pack little car speakers into trays for Pioneer Electronics that we would test on a conveyor line everyday (oh god the sounds WOOPWOOPWOOP) and that repetitive reaching, twisting and shifting in place hosed me up in all sorts of ways, even though it was mostly very light weight stuff. The sides of my big and little toes went completely numb for a long time, even after quitting because of the slight shifting of my feet inside my shoes when I would grab the speakers off the line.

I walk around a warehouse and grab heavy things now, and its really chill. Pay is loving atrocious, but there are SO many worse jobs to have.

I started steroids because washing cars 5-6 days a week was destroying me and my shoulders, did that poo poo for years always hurting somewhere then when i turned 30 i went on and i havent been hurting or injured since.. i paint now which is less intensive but it can still be real tough especially here during the florida summer

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
See

See what I'm saying?? Another patient walking the path of Steroid medication and succeeding

Listen to your doctor.

Yes, I am your doctor now.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

As much as I would love to be super jacked I'm pretty sure my heart would crap out on me after awhile. It's skipped beats since I was 12, every once in awhile it will do it if I'm stressed and not taking care of myself. I also have no idea how to obtain any, there are no guys at my gym that look like they use.

To be honest I don't know jack poo poo about steroids/cycles. Been meaning to check that TCC thread out for awhile.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
pulled a muscle in my neck benching. which is great because i hated being able to turn my head anyway.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Zzulu posted:

amongst other things

All teh goons who have followed my medical advice are living richer, fuller and happier lives

Are they also having stronger, fuller, more powerful erections?

ham_sanitizer posted:

pulled a muscle in my neck benching. which is great because i hated being able to turn my head anyway.

The gently caress you need to be looking at besides straight ahead at your plate of protein and carbs?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Maybe he wanted to check out his booty some while he was worshipping himself in front of his cum mirror.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

<Works long hours of heavy labor plus hits the gym, wonders why he's sore>

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Data Graham posted:

Can you write me a prescription for this steroids & cum regimen you are promoting

You gotta find a guy and suck the gains out of his dick, it's the only way

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i'm just going to stop talking about it. i'm incredibly stressed out man. I didn't expect any kind of real help here, obviously, I was mostly just making conversation but lifting has been a big help in dealing with depression and all kind of dumb poo poo that was my fault earlier in life and all these injury roadblocks are incredibly frustrating for me.

Yeah, it sucks. The days can be pretty random, sometimes I'll have to pack coils that are like 25 lbs and 4 feet long, straighten them, pick them up put them on a protracter at face level to make sure angles are good, then press them, etc. It's really hard to tell what's what though. I'm not always injured. Sometimes I'll feel really good, like Monday I wouldn't have bench pressed if it hurt to do. Then days like the past day or two happen. I don't know, I'm sure a PT should help and I'm going to go to one whether I have to miss work or not.

Maybe you should just go do yoga, drunk dad

It's relaxing and not as stressful on the joints as the gym, which is a place for real men

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I think a hit an amrap PR while squatting yesterday. Not actually sure if I did bc I browned out and can't remember the correct number of reps. I think the mental brownout counts as an achievement.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Hit a new PR on the court, nothin but net

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I feel I'm about to hit a PR for dropping a deuce

It's a big big one boyz

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Also the worlds strongest man is a full time dieseal mechanic so we all have no excuses

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

The Ferret King posted:

The gently caress you need to be looking at besides straight ahead at your plate of protein and carbs?

it was either from bench or wide grip lat pulldowns because those are all i did. only noticed when i got home.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Fallows posted:

Also the worlds strongest man is a full time dieseal mechanic so we all have no excuses

Who are you thinking of? Pretty sure Eddie Hall, Brian Shaw, et al don't work outside of strongman.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Amrap with a bunch of weight on top of you so that it will crush you when your strength gives out sure seems like a good idea

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this guy at the gyms muscles were popping like huge green grapes stuck in a sock. I couldn't believe it.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I signed up a powerlifting mock meet at my gym. Can't wait to wow people with my 800 total.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Start the pizzas covered in olive oil now and you might hit 850 at super heavyweight.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
doctor thinks rotator cuff is fine. She said it would hurt a lot to bench if it was something serious like that. Probably overuse to my front delt but I'm getting some sort of scan I forget the name of done in a day or two at a sports ortho place to make sure nothing funky is going on in there, and after that I'll get a physio. Also had blood work, maybe I"ll get some legal steroids(Don't actually care about juicing, but if I'm low I'd like to get my test levels normal). I'm an opiate addict on suboxone, my harmones could very well be hosed.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 13, 2017

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Eldred posted:

Who are you thinking of? Pretty sure Eddie Hall, Brian Shaw, et al don't work outside of strongman.

Eddie hall, hes a mechanic. When he breaks bolts they literally crumble to dust

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

doctor thinks rotator cuff is fine. She said it would hurt a lot to bench if it was something serious like that. Probably overuse to my front delt but I'm getting some sort of scan I forget the name of done in a day or two at a sports ortho place to make sure nothing funky is going on in there, and after that I'll get a physio. Also had blood work, maybe I"ll get some legal steroids(Don't actually care about juicing, but if I'm low I'd like to get my test levels normal). I'm an opiate addict on suboxone, my harmones could very well be hosed.

From one junkie to another please get clean, being on suboxone is a crutch you should only temporarily use to help achieve that. How long have you been on it?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Fallows posted:

From one junkie to another please get clean, being on suboxone is a crutch you should only temporarily use to help achieve that. How long have you been on it?

about 2 years. Same dose. The doctor and I talked about a very slow taper in the next year, once I get through some particularly stressful stuff(living situation in a really bad apartment, hoping to buy a house in around that time). The doctor is pretty cool, she doesn't push me to keep taking it, but also isn't trying to push me off real fast either. I think she's of the opinion it's not worth trying to cut off quick if there is going to be a high chance of relapse. I've done a pretty good job of completely abandoning my old life, moved, got a job and live on my own, etc etc so yeah, the time to do it is probably soon.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fallows posted:

I have a perfectly good excuse: I suck

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

about 2 years. Same dose. The doctor and I talked about a very slow taper in the next year, once I get through some particularly stressful stuff(living situation in a really bad apartment, hoping to buy a house in around that time). The doctor is pretty cool, she doesn't push me to keep taking it, but also isn't trying to push me off real fast either. I think she's of the opinion it's not worth trying to cut off quick if there is going to be a high chance of relapse. I've done a pretty good job of completely abandoning my old life, moved, got a job and live on my own, etc etc so yeah, the time to do it is probably soon.

Opiates destroy your test levels, i know bupe is a little different but it probably affects you the same way in regards to that. Post your bloods if you want when you get them im curious!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Yeah, I wasn't sure the suboxone would either but my doctor actually told me to get it checked as soon as I mentioned I felt like I was getting injured easily and feeling fatigued more than usual lately, and I didn't even ask about hormone stuff. And yeah, when I get it I'll post the results. I'm curious what deficiencies I'll have from my fast food and microwave food diet the past year. I've been blending veggies into my shakes for about a month, and just started some food prep with veggies, not sure if that's enough time that it'll have made a difference though.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Also the sub is probably loving with you and all these injuries are in your head

also do face pulls every day, save your money and dont go see an ortho or whatever until you do this for like a month and still have issues, i did research for one of the best shoulder orthos in the country for 5 years so this is decent advice too

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I do 3 sets of 10-15 basically every workout, and I do the grip variation that allows for more external rotation during the pull. If it turns out my rotators are fine, that's probably the reason. And also, I worry a lot because I really like working out and get frustrated at roadblocks. However, I absolutely wasn't imagining the pain in my delts the past day or two. Even if a lot of the movement pain was soreness, I still had a really sensitive spot tender to the touch and the doctor said she felt inflammation there. Although I do make a big deal out of the other minor stuff. So far the only injury that's actually kept me from lifting was my knee tracking issue which hasn't been a problem since I began 5/3/1

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I heard hanging is really good for your shoulders and poo poo

Like just hanging from a pull-up bar for a few minutes a day

I heard it on the internet

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

drat DDD I didn't know you were on subs. Friend of mine had a strip few weeks ago that I took, and after googling about it and seeing the general consensus say it wouldn't get me high I took the whole thing in quarters over an hour and a half time period.

Blast off to puke city for 24 hours, sedated me so much I thought I was about to OD. Good thing I took that on the weekend..

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
It doesn't do much for addicts, a tiny sliver will gently caress the regular population up though, and as you found out, it's a pretty nasty high.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Speaking of drug abuse my doc recently prescribed me some Adderal 30's and holy loving LOL @ when you take them and also take pre workout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Very jealous of you non Americans in regards to healthcare.. I would go broke just trying to get my foot in the door for practically any reason.