Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Funky Valentine posted:

The only true way to experience Naruto is the Ultimate Ninja Storm games.

The saddest thing is that this isn't an exaggeration. The Ninja Storm games cut out a lot of the bullshit and it almost makes the story flow at a decent pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm mean poo poo Goku has more legitimate reasons to be away than Sasuke does.

No Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Noooooope

I'm not gonna bother defending anything else, but nooooope

Goku literally has zero goddamn reason to stay dead or away from Chichi and his family. literally none, nada zip zilch.

Like Sasuke you could at least make the argument they keep him away from the city because even if he is reformed, he's like literally of his own free will tried to kill like the entire cast and destroy the village at one point or another. And came pretty close to remaking the world in his own image like a crazy person.

Sasuke is a literal war criminal who by changing sides at the right time, the kindness of his former teacher, and Ninja Jesus is allowed to not be imprisoned or killed. I get Sasuke/Naruto and co being hey dude, you and your bullshit eye are better off out investigating and handling other magic eye poo poo that shows up.

Goku stayed dead for 7 years, when he had another goddamn kid he had never seen, and his other kid was a 12 year old who was gonna grow up without a father.

He literally only came back to his family because fighting tournament. and was going to leave again in a day.

Goku frequently just abandons and lies to the wife and kids to go fight and train. The only reason Goku and his family have like any money to survive is because Gohan saved the world, married into wealth and is owed a massive debt by Satan.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SirKibbles posted:

It's realllllllllly bad not to mention what happens to Hinata invalidates her entire character arc. Naruto's author has some interesting opinions on women and it shows in his writing.

Not to be that guy but it's amazing how much it would have fixed two character arcs if Naruto got with Sakura. No more Sakura marrying the man who cut through her and never sees her and Hinata would not have become a housewife. Also, Sausake ends up alone which is more appropriate and frankly he deserves it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Covok posted:

Not to be that guy but it's amazing how much it would have fixed two character arcs if Naruto got with Sakura. No more Sakura marrying the man who cut through her and never sees her and Hinata would not have become a housewife. Also, Sausake ends up alone which is more appropriate and frankly he deserves it.

Hinata would have turned into a house wife anyway because they all do eventually.

Something Naruto and DBZ have in common.

Hell Sakura is a housewife despite being the only person there.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 14, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao it didn't invalidate her character arc.(what character arc there was anyway)

Her character arc was played out over 2 scenes, Neji scene which is her timid rear end not giving up and fighting even though she knows it's futile.

And the Pain scene which is her getting over her fear of being by Naruto's side and telling Naruto she loves him. Which was then played as nothing more than motivation for Naruto to go ballistic when she got the poo poo killed out of her.

Like you guys are putting waaaay more thought into "arcs" or characters than Kishimoto did. Only characters with like real arcs, were Sasuke, Gaara, Shikamaru, Neji, Naruto(sorta but not much character change), and Sakura.

And I actually like this dumb series.

Sakura's entire arc was pretty much, well poo poo, No I actually really do love this war criminal who tried to kill me like 3 times no matter how much I lie to myself and others.

Sakura and Sasuke have like the perfect relationship for each other. Sakura gets to say she's married to Sasuke-kun, and doesn't mind that Sasuke actually isn't around.

But enough about Naruto....

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dexo posted:

Goku frequently just abandons and lies to the wife and kids to go fight and train. The only reason Goku and his family have like any money to survive is because Gohan saved the world, married into wealth and is owed a massive debt by Satan.
Holy poo poo.

Gohan is Petey Wheatstraw, the Devil's Son In Law.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait how does Hinata have no arc but Sakura does? Hinata was the only girl who not only got an arc, quality aside, and they occasionally let her actually do things.

Which is more than you can say for tenten, Ino, or Sakura.

Edit: though Sakura does get a weird amount of hate which I don't understand.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 14, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait how does Hinata have no arc but Sakura does? Hinata was the only girl who not only got an arc, quality aside, and they occasionally let her actually do things.

Which is more than you can say for tenten, Ino, or Sakura.

Edit: though Sakura does get a weird amount of hate which I don't understand.

It's an arc

Fighting wise, she goes from a spectator to resolving to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke, does the dumb Ino double knockout fight thing, once again realizes she's at a level where she is looking at Naruto and Sasuke's back when Naruto went out and almost killed himself trying to bring Sasuke back she resolves to get better so that for drat sure she is able to be useful so Naruto won't have to kill himself for her anymore. So she trains with Tsunade for 2.5 years or so. And then we come back and she's actually super loving competent. Able to hang and be useful in a fight against Akatsuki members, and useful as a medic nin. She is eventually outclassed alongside everyone else without magic eyes(she can at least heal :v: which makes her more useful than like most other characters), but still in the end is the reason why Naruto and Sasuke were able to defeat the personification of all of Kishimoto's angst towards women.

Personality wise she has an arc, a regressive one maybe but her arc pretty much is her circling back to the realization she had when she met Sasuke at the village gates before he fled to Orochimaru. That she really does love this broken crazy war criminal no matter how much she tries to front plot and plan with others that she's totally gonna kill him. She loves that crazy motherfucker.

Hinata didn't get to do poo poo, She ate poo poo against Neji to motivate Naruto, and she ate poo poo against Pain to motivate Naruto. Then she was about to eat poo poo in the War Arc but Neji sacrificed himself for her(which then motivated Naruto).

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 14, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What is your definition of an arc.
Because nothing you describe there is an arc

Though those are obviously you viewing those events in an insanely tilted point of view, which is weird but I guess a little more understandable .

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 14, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh my god if I wanted to listen to every naruto opinion that fell out of someone's gaping loving shitmaw I'd go to the naruto thread will you fuckers talk about literally anything else

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's real loving lame that like 5 times in the final arc Sakura gets a moment to go "I've grown and now no longer need to just look at their backs" only to end the next chapter or even the same chapter looking at Naruto and Sasuke as they go off to be competent while she does nothing and accomplishes jack.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's real loving lame that like 5 times in the final arc Sakura gets a moment to go "I've grown and now no longer need to just look at their backs" only to end the next chapter or even the same chapter looking at Naruto and Sasuke as they go off to be competent while she does nothing and accomplishes jack.

That happens a lot to Sakura, they tease like she is gonna do a thing then she just doesn't.

It's the weirdest loving thing. Hell I would be fine if she jobbed because at least it's doing something.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is your definition of an arc.
Because nothing you describe there is an arc

Actual Scenes of the character doing stuff involving the character, their traits and attempting to process and resolve their issues, that aren't just resolved in like one or sequence. (oh and Sai who I forgot existed)

Hinata and like Lee, Have character traits. Hinata is timid, weak, and feels like she doesn't deserve to be where she is, and really likes Naruto.

The only story involving Hinata's actual character was her fight with Neji, which she kept fighting where she normally would have timidly given up because Naruto is jesus. After that sequence Hinata is that Hinata who won't just back down

Ditto with Lee, Lee's only goal was to prove that with Hard Work you can equal or surpass Genius. He proved that he can operate on that level when he almost beat Gaara. After that incident, Lee no longer worried about being inferior.

Chouji feeling like he is holding everyone back, he turns into a butterfly and that character trait is no longer an issue.

Sakura's issues actually played out and changed over the course of the manga rather than just being like welp here's the scene where Sakura fixes all of her bad traits in this one fight or scene.

Maybe character arc is a bad word for it, but I can't think of anything else.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Fair enough, but that was just a problem with Naruto as a whole. Sakura was in that arc better served healing people and keeping them alive using the slug summon, than trying to fight on a stage against eye hack users. And in the end she was the reason/distraction Naruto and Sasuke needed to finish off Kaguya.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 14, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Goku is cool.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sakura issues were pretty consistent outside of like 10 minutes right before the Itachi fight.
or maybe it was right after I dunno that time period felt like filler for all it accomplished. Especially the period after the Itachi fight were Sasuke kind of lost all momentum as he clearly didn't want to go through with making him a full on villain.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Go to the Naruto thread

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Sakura issues were pretty consistent outside of like 10 minutes right before the Itachi fight.
or maybe it was right after I dunno that time period felt like filler for all it accomplished. Especially the period after the Itachi fight were Sasuke kind of lost all momentum as he clearly didn't want to go through with making him a full on villain.

Like I said it's not a great arc, but the arc was her wanting to save him, then wavering in her (albeit dumb) support and desire to save Sasuke, and then eventually(almost getting herself killed) realizing that she doesn't actually have it in her to kill him and she does want to actually save him. Like man even Naruto noticed she was lying to herself about it.

In Conclusion Goku is a garbage dad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Covok posted:

Goku is cool.

whoa dude cool down those takes

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The final boss in Naruto is almost literally the author's misogyny made manifest come out of nowhere. And because he has such serious issues with women, even the final boss isn't allowed to trash talk; she still has to have a man (sort of) do that for her.
The ending of Naruto is amazing and I love it. It surpasses Dominic Deegan in being badly written and an amazing insight into the mind of someone with serious issues with women.

Also, Goku's lame. Piccolo is cool. Brianne de Chateau is also cool, and I hope her adorable rotund teletubby form gets to wreck poo poo.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Brianne de Chateau is also cool, and I hope her adorable rotund teletubby form gets to wreck poo poo.

:yeah: I hope they linger on Vegeta's indignity of being exploded by a sparkling, pink, heart-shaped Love Beam.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Please ban Dexo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I dunno, I'd rather read about Naruto than your lovely white noise posts about posting.

On a DBZ note, there's gonna be a stream side tournament for the DBFZ beta build during EVO this weekend. I'm not sure if that's today or Saturday but, well, there you go. There's probably gonna be an announcement or two incoming.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think, much like Krillin and Frieza, we should all be the best of friends now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dias posted:

On a DBZ note, there's gonna be a stream side tournament for the DBFZ beta build during EVO this weekend. I'm not sure if that's today or Saturday but, well, there you go. There's probably gonna be an announcement or two incoming.

Having a date for that would be nice, I'd love to watch that. Although apparently it's just the old build, I hoped that we'd get some Trunks footage.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blaze Dragon posted:

Having a date for that would be nice, I'd love to watch that. Although apparently it's just the old build, I hoped that we'd get some Trunks footage.

I gotcha. It's today 10AM - 1PM and then 2 - 5PM, and tomorrow at the same times in whatever timezone Vegas at because Americans are assholes and can't be bothered using UTC so how should I know. Stream is this one: https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Please ban Dexo.

lmao

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Can we take the gay Naruto chat out of this classy Dragon Ball thread?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dias posted:

I gotcha. It's today 10AM - 1PM and then 2 - 5PM, and tomorrow at the same times in whatever timezone Vegas at because Americans are assholes and can't be bothered using UTC so how should I know. Stream is this one: https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

I'm not even sure what timezone that'd be but thank you. I'll just keep the stream open I guess.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

I dunno, I'd rather read about Naruto than your lovely white noise posts about posting.

Same buddy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not even sure what timezone that'd be but thank you. I'll just keep the stream open I guess.

Might be an hour from now IIRC.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What is utc? I've only heard of gmt.

Also 10 vegas time is in like 10 minutes I believe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

IcePhoenix posted:

What is utc? I've only heard of gmt.

Also 10 vegas time is in like 10 minutes I believe.

UTC is the time standard, it substituted GMT but they're interchangeable because UTC +0 is still GMT.

Covok
May 27, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The final boss in Naruto is almost literally the author's misogyny made manifest come out of nowhere. And because he has such serious issues with women, even the final boss isn't allowed to trash talk; she still has to have a man (sort of) do that for her.
The ending of Naruto is amazing and I love it. It surpasses Dominic Deegan in being badly written and an amazing insight into the mind of someone with serious issues with women.

Also, Goku's lame. Piccolo is cool. Brianne de Chateau is also cool, and I hope her adorable rotund teletubby form gets to wreck poo poo.

I'm actually curious how is Kaguya Kishimoto's misogyny made manifest?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Brianne de Chateau is also cool, and I hope her adorable rotund teletubby form gets to wreck poo poo.

I'll be very disappointed if she stops being :smuggo: post-transformation.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

How 'bout that Yajirobe fellow, eh? What a character! I get positively giddy with excitement whenever he pops up in the new show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tokelau All Star posted:

How 'bout that Yajirobe fellow, eh? What a character! I get positively giddy with excitement whenever he pops up in the new show.

When I was a kid, I really liked Yajirobe when he cut Vegeta's tail off and then slashed his back. I was sad when he never got to show up and cheap shot villains again.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I remembered the tail, but when I watched kai a few years ago I totally forgot him slashing Vegeta again. That might very well be my favorite part of the series with how unexpected it was.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I thought it was a nice scene when Goku was relieved/shocked that Yajirobe survived in Trunk's timeline.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Shards of Fate posted:

Can we take the gay Naruto chat out of this classy Dragon Ball thread?

I can understand not wanting naruto chat but imo this thread needs to be gayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

I can understand not wanting naruto chat but imo this thread needs to be gayer

Alright, you asked for it.

I hate myself for this joke.

• Locked thread