Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Glazius posted:

Did the oceans rise or did Kefka just start blasting mountains because of their presumptuous tallness?
Questioning God Kefka is a Laser of Judgment-worthy offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The idea of Kekfa lasering anyone who defied him was always a little hard to understand because it was never clear what it was he wanted anyone to do. There's nothing indicating that anyone's paying any kind of tithe to him or anything for example.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

GunnerJ posted:

The idea of Kekfa lasering anyone who defied him was always a little hard to understand because it was never clear what it was he wanted anyone to do. There's nothing indicating that anyone's paying any kind of tithe to him or anything for example.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Questioning God Kefka is a Laser of Judgment-worthy offense

Also, what color is the room?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

GunnerJ posted:

Kefka has shown before that he's very impulsive most of the time, only showing any kind of deliberately planning when it comes to maximizing the amount of pain and suffering he can inflict on someone with the least amount of effort. He'll laser people just for the hell of it, and claim they defied him so he can revel how paranoid and terrified that makes people.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

SatansOnion posted:

A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B, with a heaping side order of "pulling the Serpent Trench from the bottom of the ocean for purposes of ???"

To be fair, if I became the insane clown god king of the would, I would probably raise the Mariana Trench up into a mountain range and live there in my giant doom tower as well. It's just a prudent thing for insane clown god kings to do.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Robindaybird posted:

Kefka has shown before that he's very impulsive most of the time, only showing any kind of deliberately planning when it comes to maximizing the amount of pain and suffering he can inflict on someone with the least amount of effort. He'll laser people just for the hell of it, and claim they defied him so he can revel how paranoid and terrified that makes people.

Huh, so this "they defied Kefka and got burned!" stuff is just a post-hoc explanation for actually random calamities... Kefka really is like a god. :v:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
In my head, Kefka is basically this:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
That whole petrify warning?

Yea I missed that. Also forgot to save in the world of ruin.

That was annoying.

hexedangel
Mar 13, 2005

It's just a game we play... in the dark...
I've always wondered if Leave has different comments if Tzen is NOT your first stop after arriving on the mainland. More specifically, I wonder what happens if he's your last stop?

"I thought our friends were gone... I've given up all hope, but now I know they're alive!" says Olivia.

"....Yeah.... they're all right over there," says Leave.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

hexedangel posted:

I've always wondered if Leave has different comments if Tzen is NOT your first stop after arriving on the mainland. More specifically, I wonder what happens if he's your last stop?

"I thought our friends were gone... I've given up all hope, but now I know they're alive!" says Olivia.

"....Yeah.... they're all right over there," says Leave.

I think the next party member won't respond (properly) if he's not in the party.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Update Forty Seven: Mobliz, Mo' Problems

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we left the Solitary Island and entered Albrook, where we discovered a martial artist was in Tzen. Popping up there, we found Leave holding up a collapsing house, so we saved the kid inside and Leave rejoined the party. Today, we're going to see what's going on in Mobliz, so let's roll.

Well, this place became a shithole.

While they look similar, these are not Interceptor dogs. Unfortunately, the village is not populated entirely by Interceptor spawn.

Hey, c'mon, you don't even know us! We're (probably) not here to ransack the village!

Though, he is leading us right back to his hiding spot.

Where we'll steal the clock Elixir.

Yeah, this kid isn't even trying to hide. C'mon, at least put a bookshelf in front of the door.

Uh, okay. This update has taken a dark turn.

At least, it would have, if not for the voice of God.

Or Terra.

Girl, I am glad to see you. We're going to need firepower where we're going, and you've got the stuff.

...Mama? It's been a year, Terra! How--You know what, she's half-Esper, I won't ask.

I think we're a little late on the "save the world" part of things. The best we can do now is make it not suck as much.

Terra, I know this is hard, but abandon the children. Adversity does a child good; builds character, puts hair on their chest, etc.

We'll follow her in a second. Let's chat first.

...Well, that's sad.

How did Terra get to be your mama?

I gathered as much, but thank you.

Uh, yeah, he's sleeping. Just a looong nap.

:smith:

You're welcome. I didn't spend all that time pumping her magic stat for nothing.

I'd like to tell you that I won't, but I'm not in the habit of lying to children.

You don't even have a portrait; nothing you say matters.

Time to step up to the plate. You'll do fine.

Terra, get your things, we're leaving!

...What

So I've been made aware. C'mon, let's go.

I don't need a flashback of these children becoming orphans.

There's that piss-yellow that means we're in the past. Great.

Maybe get the hell out of the center of the village? Try hiding?

Worse people could have showed up, I guess. At least it wasn't Mowgli to be their surrogate parent.

Jack would have been a good one, though. Leave could have been training an army of mini-monks.

You have a very redneck name.

Well, he backed down, huh?

Oh, I doubt that.

Their parents are dead, Terra! I know you're not familiar with having parents (even though we constantly carry your dead dad around), but that's kind of important to a child.

You remember that love thing you were asking Leo about?

You think that would make you fight a little harder, but I'm not familiar with suddenly becoming the mother of a group of children.

You are right there, Terra. On the fuckin' edge. Come with us, we'll explain it.

Oh, gently caress this, let's go.

Goddammit, Terra, why didn't you have this crisis before everything went to pot?

Just give her some time, guys. She's--

Good thing that Olivia and Leave are right outside.

:ducksiren:Click here to see Humbaba duke it out with our party!:ducksiren:

Terra, you look more like you plan on yelling at the monster about teasing your kid about wearing a helmet while riding his bike.

:getin:

Humbaba is weak to Poison, so Terra is about to begin wrecking his poo poo.

Lost your will to fight, my rear end. You're about to--

...Oh gently caress.

Uh...Well, poo poo.

Alright, we've just gotta get Terra up, give her a pep talk, and then defeat the ancient monster that was locked away in the planet.

Alright, this is a real fight.

Humbaba is weak against Poison, so Bio is a good way to go. He's got 26,000 HP to whittle down, as well as access to some powerful attacks.

He still has Thundaga, which will ruin our day.

He can also use Solar Plexus, which deals 300% damage, as well as 1,000 Needles, which deals exactly 1,000 damage.

He also has Thundara. He absorbs Lightning, too.

But, that's okay, we're going to beat the poo poo out of him.

After dealing enough damage, Humbaba runs off.

But Terra is in rough shape. I guess she really did lose her will to fight.

It's okay, Terra. You rest up and take care of the children.

They need you more than we do. They need somebody.

But, of course, if you're willing to ditch them later, I'll come back for you.

Take your time; we've still got a good chunk of game left.

C'mon, kids, you're breaking my heart. I just want my magical murder machine back.

I'll take presents, though. Wonder what sort of bling Humbaba was sporting.

Teleport and Stop are kind of whatever, but Banish is some good poo poo. There's one pain in the rear end fight later on that it completely neuters.

But, for now, we're going to take a break.

Next time, we'll reach Nikeah and go from there. Until then, stay tuned!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Really, if anything, it's a miracle that the kids didn't go all Lord of the Flies once the reality of the situation sunk in.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
The Fenrir Summons ability Howling Moon is also pretty cool. I've gotten some good use out of it a few times. Golem is still my favorite Esper in the game though, and your best defensive summons.

I want our magical murder machine back too! Hope we find the way to revive Terra's will to fight at some point soon.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Did the GBA version take out the hint from the kids that Katarin is pregnant now?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

: Bah! I wasn't able to salvage anything! Some jerk named Mr. L showed up and left me only scrap metal!

Leavemywife posted:

They're weak to Thunder, which I wish I had remembered/looked up prior to recording.

: Sounds like you nead a Monster Manual! Bwahahaha!

Chapter 12: Floating Foes

Freezes foes with Cold Dust and counters attacks with Revenge and Sneeze. He has a Genji Glove, so you might win big if you try stealing it.
: Genji Glove? Bah! Gloves are for wimps like Mario! I'll stick to my claws! Also, not a dragon. I know dragons. I'M a dragon!

Stops magic with Silencer and counter-attacks with L.3 Muddle.
: Apokryphos? This guy's got nothing going for him. Next!

Its Throat Jab attack is to be feared. There is a great chance of being Wounded with one hit.
: Throat Jab? Hmm... Sounds like a good way to stop Mario from saying, "It's-a me!" for a while... Hmm...

Attacks with Cyclonic and Wing. His defense is high, so the battle is likely to drag on.
: How much is a Platinum Dragon worth in Kingdom Coins?

Beginning with a Smirk, it will then deal 1000 damage with a Blow Fish attack. One Revivify will kill it.
: Brainpan? What kind of name is that!? Ugh.

A flying skeleton. Sucks HP with Lifeshaver, and casts Dark with Glare. One Revivify will kill it.
: Inferior Dry Bones. Moving on.

If you attack Behemoth with physical attacks he will counter with Take Down.
: Grandpa? Is that you?

Attacks with Ice, Mute, and Hit, but is otherwise weak. You'll win easily if you have the Thunder Blade equipped.
: OK, that thing's just weird.

Attacks with Slip Touch and Drain.
: Pm Stalker? Bwa-hahahahahaa!

These appear in threes but are easy opponents.
: HermitCrab soup for dinner!

When the countdown on someone with Doom Sting reaches 0, they are wounded.
: Wounded. Not poisoned. Wounded. What? That's the same as dead? Oh. Well... O.K.

Casts Condemned on the party at the beginning of battle, but isn't a tough opponent.
: Wow. This place is just full of wimps. What gives?

: My name is Ultima... I am power both ancient and unrivaled... I do not bleed, for I am but strength given form... Feeble creatures of flesh... Your time is nigh!
: Sounds like my kind of guy!

Attacks with Bolt 2 and Solar Plex. Poison attacks are effective, so use Poison and Bio. You'll pick up the Magicite Fenrir if you win.
: Bah! Humbaba!

: Well, that was a pathetic lot. I hope we have better stuff coming up.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I think that one of my favorite things about the floating continent comes from the bestiary there. The enemies have nice accessories to steal, some of which are unbuyable, elixirs are available from them, they've got rare drops, and they're a step up from what we've seen in the past. It really feels like a final dungeon and that the game will be over once you beat it. Hell, you even fight Ultima Weapon after hearing about how it's super dangerous.

And then the world ends.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I presume the "monsters we missed" section will cover the fights on the starting island? I remember them having a gimmick.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Fred- That's the plan. And they do have a gimmick, though it's not too fun. I'll do the missed update when we have a full party again, as previously mentioned. Probably give it another three or four updates. My avatar is currently trying desperately to get octopus ink out of his eyes.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

: Genji Glove? Bah! Gloves are for wimps like Mario! I'll stick to my claws! Also, not a dragon. I know dragons. I'M a dragon!

Methinks you are a turtle.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Dirk the Average posted:

I think that one of my favorite things about the floating continent comes from the bestiary there. The enemies have nice accessories to steal, some of which are unbuyable, elixirs are available from them, they've got rare drops, and they're a step up from what we've seen in the past. It really feels like a final dungeon and that the game will be over once you beat it. Hell, you even fight Ultima Weapon after hearing about how it's super dangerous.

And then the world ends.

Yeah, it's a really good fakeout. You've got a giant ship full of party members and everything.

hexedangel
Mar 13, 2005

It's just a game we play... in the dark...

Seyser Koze posted:

Did the GBA version take out the hint from the kids that Katarin is pregnant now?

That's not covered on this trip regardless, so it might still be there.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

: Genji Glove? Bah! Gloves are for wimps like Mario!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Well yeah, they're still there for Mario. He won't let Bowser throw him bare-clawed.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Forty Eight: Disguise Isn't Who He Says He Is

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we saw Terra in Mobliz, then saw her get her rear end kicked, then we left. We'll go back, eventually, but for now, it's on to Nikeah. Let's roll.

You might be wondering why we're popping into this update in what appears to be the middle of loving nowhere.

That tower is the one the Cult of Kefka built.

We can't reach it quite yet, and that's fine by me. If we went in there now, we'd get our teeth knocked out of our buttholes.

Hell, when we go back later, that still might happen. Hopefully, by then, I'll be fully prepared.

On the mini-map, we're in the serpent's eye, roughly. I can see a lot of animal shapes in the new map.

To me, we're currently on the serpent; we just left the octopus. West of the serpent's jaws is what I call the pig, and west of that is Chocobo land.

See that goofy looking NPC right there?

He's new.

He's just here to talk about a new sidequest in the game.

There are four new espers in Final Fantasy VI Advance, and we'll be getting all of them.

There's some new magic to learn, as well as some extra fights to snag these new fellas.

We're going to snag some new weaponry here, as well as a bit of new armor.

Alright, good news, Doma still exists.

However, on the flip side, Freddy Krueger has set up shop there.

That's what I want in an RPG, come to think of it. Give me something like the espers, something I can equip to learn new spells and abilities, but make them horror movie monsters and villains.

Let's take a second to talk about this motherfucking thing.

The attack boost is who gives a poo poo, but it gives +7 to loving magic and +20 Magic Evade. Terra and Celes can both equip it, and they're the two I want to boost as high as possible.

Magic is the "gently caress the enemies" stat of this game. Magic is incredibly powerful and some of the best skills run off of your magic stat (like the Magic command itself and Blitz), so pumping your magic is a wise move.

You can also keep track of your character's EXP gains and make sure they have Zona Seeker equipped upon level up, which gives them +2 magic.

You might be thinking about how some of Remain's Tools run off of his magic stat. Don't think about that. I have other plans for the King of Figaro.

Even though I'm letting you guys vote on who I'm bringing, I still have a core team that I'm building. It's an ingrained habit at this point.

gently caress off, kid, your business sucks.

Behind the scenes, I've been letting people in my party gather spells that I'm going to be getting use out of; the basic elements, healing magic, some status restorative stuff.

No matter who I'm bringing along, I at least want everyone in the party able to heal and hit any elemental weaknesses that may be present. There are some I can't currently get to (Wind, Water and Earth, for example), but for the most part, I'm covered.

Mowgli is the exception here, since his Rages give him so much versatility that I won't even worry about making sure he's got magic to use.

Final Fantasy VI isn't a very difficult game to crack open. Just keep a few basic things in mind and you're set for most of the game.

The real meat here is the journey of it all.

Figaro punishments are hardcore; they cut off asses and put them in the back.

Oh, someone with a name. Must be important!

Thankfully, the sandworms were too busy in the castle itself to devour these guys.

Are--Are we part of the gang now?

We saw them back at the beginning of the game, if you'll recall back that far. Or check the update. I think we saw them, and I don't remember.

Let's track down this Gerad.

Wow, the end of the world aged the gently caress out of Remain.

...And made him a mouthy bitch.

Rude, too! Very rude!

He might be in the sad position, but he's examining the stuff the kid has for sale.

Don't buy that bullshit! Goddammit!

Ugh. I've got most of that crap in my inventory.

I don't think Remain would have to play all that hard.

Maybe if we had kept his name as Edgar, the fake name would make more sense.

Mainer, Namier, Rinam, Nimaer would all have worked, here, but we can't expect the game to make anagrams of every name a player could input.

Olivia, he wasn't talking to Leave.

Oddly enough, he has nothing to say to his brother.

Leave apparently didn't figure out that Gerad was his twin, despite Olivia talking about it. Or maybe he just kept quiet, but Leave isn't really the quiet type.

Whatever, we're going after him.

I don't know if anyone would have been fooled by this bullshit. It's why I'm not even trying to play into it.

It seems that Santa was locked in Figaro's dungeon.

Nobody will ever look over here!

Leviathan is one of the new espers. We can actually fight him really soon, but I'm going to need a few things before I take him on.

That's all I'm saying about the new espers. The other three...I can't imagine anyone will guess them. If you don't know them, don't look them up. I think they're rather nice surprises.

Leviathan is one of those that you just expect to be in a Final Fantasy game, though. It's actually kind of surprising he wasn't around in the SNES version.

We'll head over there in a minute.

And, now, if we take the boat back to Nikeah, we'll be attacked by Leviathan. We're not doing that right now, though.

Thieves? They're dressed like merchants!

I like the one standing on the others' shoulders. It's funny to (probably only) me.

Unfortunately, we can't tool around in the Magitek Armor.

Since there's not really much else of note right now (that I know of), let's go harass Gerad some more.

Clearly not.

Oh, I wonder who that was.

But if there's a tunnel leading into the castle, shouldn't there be air?

What little girl? I only know of one in this world...

At least tell us where you got the kickass jacket, man.

Just so you know, Leave still says nothing. In fact, you don't have to visit Tzen to be able to come here and have this roll out.

In the second half of the game, there are only three mandatory characters. Everyone else is literally optional.

And, yes, we're following them on a chocobo. I thought it was farther to the cave than it really is.

As it turns out, we could have walked there in about ten seconds. Still, chocobos. :colbert:

Siegfried is the loser from the Phantom Train, if you've forgotten.

He does a great job of clearing out the monsters, as we get into a fight literally on the steps he just left.

The two fatties in the front are called Humpty, while the malformed monster in the back is a Cruller; the palette swap is a Neck Hunter.

Humpties are undead, which means they're weak to Fire and Holy, as is the Cruller. The Neck Hunter is a human, though, so he's weak to Poison.

Humpties have 800 HP, while the Cruller has 1,334. I'm not sure what they can do, honestly, since I always wipe them out before they can act.

The Neck Hunter can confuse your party members, which can lead to bad times. They also have 1,334 HP.

Leave gained a level after the fight and picked up a new Blitz! :sugartits:

It's Wind elemental and deals a good amount of damage, in addition to hitting all enemies on screen. You'll notice Chakra next to it, which is a healing Blitz; it takes Leave's current HP, divides it by how many party members there are, and heals them for that amount, with no damage done to Leave.

I just wanted to show off the Dante, as well as Razor Gale.

I don't have a good .gifable moment of it, but there's a boss fight coming up soon that will show it off nicely.

Just as described, Leave throws a blade of wind at the enemy. It has a spell power of 78, which doesn't mean much, since I haven't listed those numbers for other spells. So, to provide reference, Fira, Blizzara and Thundara have powers of 60, 62, and 61, respectively.

It's decently powerful. Wind is also a hard element to be able to use reliably, and most Wind attacks come from the enemies of the game.

Oh, before I forget, Dante has 1,945 HP and is weak to Poison, as he's a humanoid enemy. And...Undead? I didn't know that, Bestiary. But, whatever you say.

Alright, it's the Figaro Cave. We've been here, it's not that much different.

So we'll skip to the relevant part of our journey.

The entrance to the other side of the cave has disappeared, but that turtle is still there.

However, we cannot use this as a healing spring any longer.

Congrats, you're the turtle whisperer.

Thankfully, these aren't Koopa turtles and don't go flying out of their shell when jumped on.

And off we go!

Siegfried is a thieving dick.

Okay, where was I? I had to put the little one back to bed and--Oh, right.

Maybe we can get a little bit of treasure up here.

Goddammit.

Then again, that surprised reaction might be our true treasure.

Yeah, we're not catching him.

He's gone somewhere, and we can't get ahold of him to find out what the good loot was.

I was about to ask a question as if I was playing along with the Gerad farce, but then I remember that I wasn't doing that.

We'll stop off here, though. The update will get into too loving long territory if we go through the castle and the boss fight.

Next time, we'll go through the castle and have a boss fight! Stay tuned!

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Oh, Razor Gale. That reminds me...

Conversation with Leave on Steam posted:

Leave: So, something to keep in mind.
Leave: If Sabin is going to use Razor Gale and he gets Confused, it'll probably wipe out your party.
~Wave/!\Lightning~: RIP

...The part of me that enjoys seeing friends suffer for his own amusement kinda wishes you'd captured and gif'd this.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm going to venture a wild guess that the new magicite might be based on FF1 bosses. Though I think Tiamat is already covered probably? Not sure!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'd argue about the moral implications of summoning Lich on the regular, but he'd probably just take one look at the World of Ruin and be all "uhhh, I guess I could decay this stuff a bit more than it already is? You guys aren't really giving me much to work with, here."

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Fun fact. Chakra's formula is "current HP divided by the number of targets minus 1" and has a special check to ignore the user.

So if between entering the command and it executing you get confused, it'll get used on the enemy. If there's only one enemy, then you get the user's current HP divided by 1-1, aka divide by 0.

Sadly nothing explodes from this. It defaults to maxing out the accumulator as a sanity check, and so you get 65535 points of healing, truncated to 9999. If the enemy is undead, instead you get the world's most convoluted way to hit the damage cap.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The reason there's no special Leave-Remain dialogue is his presence is optional. It disappoints me they didn't create some though. Seriously Leave is hard to miss recruiting on your journey to this point! Still I guess some players like the challenge of not getting him back.... ?

Looking forward to Leviathan whenever we fight him. I wonder if Doomtrain is another new Esper. First Leave suplexes him, then he teaches you magic- that'd be cool.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I like to think that Leave is just in on the joke here and quietly laughing at Olivia trying to figure it out and unmask Remain.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"This is the third time my brother's done this. I think he puts Figaro in peril on purpose just for an excuse."

I'm gonna go for the oddest esper trio I can think of and say it's Yuna, Rikku and Paine. No, I don't care when this game came out!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I remember who two of the upcoming bonus espers are, but not the third.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I just assume Leave is completely obvious because Leave isn't super observant. Like he's just wondering why Liv is so fixated on this weird thief guy. Maybe he suspects it Locke? He'll be astounded later to learn the truth.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I was sure that Leave had a line showing his confusion the second time Gerad is spoken to.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Trasson posted:

Fun fact. Chakra's formula is "current HP divided by the number of targets minus 1" and has a special check to ignore the user.

So if between entering the command and it executing you get confused, it'll get used on the enemy. If there's only one enemy, then you get the user's current HP divided by 1-1, aka divide by 0.

Sadly nothing explodes from this. It defaults to maxing out the accumulator as a sanity check, and so you get 65535 points of healing, truncated to 9999. If the enemy is undead, instead you get the world's most convoluted way to hit the damage cap.

Great, now I have the urge to dig through the FFVI source code again. Especially since the 65c816 doesn't have a divide instruction, so that must have been in the source directly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh hey, this is a good time for me to find this LP. I'm pretty late in the World of Ruin, but it'd be nice to get some advice on how to proceed with some things. Some of these late encounters are dicks.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I always hated that mini game but couldn't bring myself to let Cid die.

Cid dying upset me the first time around, so I made sure to put on Sprint Shoes on this playthrough and managed to save him.

You don't get anything from it, but it's still a good feeling.

achtungnight posted:

The reason there's no special Leave-Remain dialogue is his presence is optional. It disappoints me they didn't create some though. Seriously Leave is hard to miss recruiting on your journey to this point! Still I guess some players like the challenge of not getting him back.... ?

Looking forward to Leviathan whenever we fight him. I wonder if Doomtrain is another new Esper. First Leave suplexes him, then he teaches you magic- that'd be cool.

Doing the Humbaba fight with Celes alone sounds awful. Let alone all of other nonsense.

That does explain his lack of dialogue, though. Maybe he was added to Tzen after the devs worked on the Gerad scenario.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 14, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've never actually beaten the game with the Three Required Characters. It might provide a challenge in the final dungeon..

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
The challenge depends on how you grow their stats and how high you leveled them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is an easy yet fun game and yet I still managed to gently caress it up. You remember the part of the Floating Continent where you can return to the airship? I got stuck in a loop of that. Going round and around in circles over and over again until I finally managed to figure out the secret technique of 'say no and walk left' :downs:

I was probably fourteen levels higher than I needed to be at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess after all those bandits splashed across it, it wouldn't be that much use as a healing spring.

...also the stone of the earth being warped by the touch of chaos probably didn't help.

• Locked thread