Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

TheAgent posted:

I just ran into jeff kaplan at a salsa dancing class of all loving things lol

You live an interesting life, so far I've ascertained you like to drink, eat tacos, dance, and lie about how poo poo SC is.

I'd like to buy you a beer and a taco. I had pacifico and taco's last night, was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

VealCutlet posted:

You live an interesting life, so far I've ascertained you like to drink, eat tacos, dance, and lie about how poo poo SC is.

I'd like to buy you a beer and a taco. I had pacifico and taco's last night, was good.
I won't dance with you though, because I am loving terrible. like I am bad. I am a bad dancer.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

TheAgent posted:

I won't dance with you though, because I am loving terrible. like I am bad. I am a bad dancer.

I'm perfectly fine not dancing with another male.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

Does anybody remember where/when Sandi Gardiner sang the Nazi anthem in German?

I'm trying to find it (it's probably been edited out of whatever official video it was on).

Horst Wessel-lied? That would've been hilarious. If it was just the first stanza of deutchlandlied, that's an easy mistake to make imo, that's what I think of when I think of the German anthem. Not sure why it got entangled with nazism, since it was originally a symbol of 19th century liberal revolutionaries.

Edit: literally the first thing that pops up on google when you search "deutchlandlied" is the full version, first stanza and all.

Warhawk109 fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 14, 2017

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I'd dance with Sam Elliott.

I'd also dance with Croberts toupee.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

Fidelity...

And it's well researched according to the office footage

What is that supposed to be? Glue?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

this needs saying again ^^^ this is extremely important technology for a space MMO

especially when there's no such thing as a mission yet, or cargo, or mining, or ...

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

TheAgent posted:

Then obviously you should come out swing dancing with me sometime. That way when you start glitching through the floor everyone will think you're kickin' rad.

I second the beer and tacos notion - at the next Bar Citizen in LA obviously. Hope everyone has been freed from their skeletons in the most painful way imaginable!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

You made a critical error,

No worries I fixed it.

Could use your Archer signature, but still, nicely done :golfclap:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

Germany is the absolute best place to pitch a game about moving boxes around.

Perhaps, though I think Japan invented the genre with Sokoban back in the early 80s?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

starkebn posted:

this needs saying again ^^^ this is extremely important technology for a space MMO

especially when there's no such thing as a mission yet, or cargo, or mining, or ...

It's important if you need to grift money from German nerds.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Happy July 14th! :toot:

http://i.imgur.com/rxXwrOK.gifv

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

The best part of Bugsmashers is watching how much poo poo is stripped out for a result when the original code was probably there for a reason. Albeit, there are much better ways to handle problems in the original Crysis engine...but they are there for a reason and these wanton hacks on the code without lack of regression testing are the results we get laughs most days when Olisar rings float around.

This of course is a lack of management. Fidelity over quality. Hence, Roberts is basically at fault for producing these issues.

It's not solving bugs. Your foundation of your house is caving in and you are spackling the cracks on the drywall to give a nice appearance before you sell the poo poo heap to some idiot.

This reminds me of the Holmes on Homes TV show from when I was reading the bathroom renovation thread over in DIY. Just covering up the cracks and never fixing the issues

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Dick Money

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Just found a gif of CIG testing their new planetary vehicle physics

http://i.imgur.com/dBK5xfG.gifv

That really does look as though it's gliding sideways :eyepop:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

BeigeJacket posted:

What the hell has Ben got in that box below the 'Get a refund'?

It looks like the parent of that 'earworm mind control thing' from The Wrath of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Also, so a tumbril is a two-wheeled agricultural cart? This means it could also be thought of as a 'Beet Wagon'.

Suspicious......

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Say what you will about the Titanic, but drat those deck chairs were arranged really neatly.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AiNxbv-a9s

so good! the voice acting is excellent, i can hear genuine emotion and can visualize what they're sharing. Cinematography is excellent, music is wonderful. Everything about this is fantastic! if SQ42 is anything like this throughout the whole game... i.. i have no words.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
You know the first thing I want from a space game is water physics.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

You know the first thing I want from a space game is water physics.

But that's really not how water behaves. It's more like some kind of thin-skinned gel capsule.

Granted, that would probably be preferable in space so it doesn't fly off into the machinery quite so easily, but still…

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I think Mafia had similar liquor physics in 2002.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Does anybody remember where/when Sandi Gardiner sang the Nazi anthem in German?

I'm trying to find it (it's probably been edited out of whatever official video it was on).

Ben talks about it at the start of RtV ep 5 (2014/07/17), so it would have been some other show on or shortly before this date.

A YouTube comment on AtV ep 1.06 refers to "Deutschland uber alles" at 1:02, where there is a jarring jump cut.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jul 14, 2017

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

:stare: There's at least 200 tris in the loving glass, just before getting to the liquid inside.

Tippis posted:

But that's really not how water behaves. It's more like some kind of thin-skinned gel capsule.

Granted, that would probably be preferable in space so it doesn't fly off into the machinery quite so easily, but still…

Yeah, why are you even using open containers in the first place? Everything should be sippy cups, juice boxes, or have a straw attachment.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 14, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

When I play games nowadays I get furious when they didn't spend the time to model water physics, I get so mad I just turn the game off,why won't game developers spend the time time to model water physics?! I demand water physics!*

*Every star citizen ever

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I like that this stuff is a task now for 3.0. While it's being delayed for more than a month (and will continue to do so, it seems).

Stuff that at best will make a few players go "huh", once.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jul 14, 2017

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

BeefThief posted:

it only took a few days to replace my skeleton with lumberyard

it only took a few days to replace my will to live with lumberyard

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

When I play games nowadays I get furious when they didn't spend the time to model water physics, I get so mad I just turn the game off,why won't game developers spend the time time to model water physics?! I demand water physics!*

*Every star citizen ever

Also, this will be yet another case of the never-done-before saviour of PC gaming over the dumbed-down console games fails to match what the Uncharted series did years earlier on PS3 and PS4.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Who wants to bet the water is stuck to the inside of the glass,of course it is this is CIG.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Developer:
Hey, that task giver's whiskey drink glass is taking too much time to animate with fluid physics while fake-considering planet gravity. We are removing it. He just won't be holding a glass anymore.

Normal Response:
- What glass? Who cares? Wtf, who thought that was important in the first place?

Star Shitizen Response:
- I guess that's ok... Why though, why? But, I trust CIG. It's for the better. Man, goons ruin everything, don't they?

Crobblers response:
- How dare you. You are fired.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 14, 2017

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Mr Fronts posted:

it only took a few days to replace my will to live with lumberyard

That's just C++ for you.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Happy Deskeletonization Day everyone!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

AlmightyPants posted:

Happy Deskeletonization Day everyone!

Feels good man.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Please deskeletonize me. I lust for death.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sandweed posted:

Feels good man.

Totally jelly

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

Please deskeletonize me. I lust for death.

Again, that's just C++.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Young Freud posted:

:stare: There's at least 200 tris in the loving glass, just before getting to the liquid inside.

Unless its deforming, that isn't too much of a problem really.

However, animating a mesh to behave like a fluid, instead of just doing some neat shader tricks is pretty dumb.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

X-Ultron posted:

Here you go, commando:

"Sarah Connor I uh have come from the um future to uhh save you from a erm uh machine uprising."

"You're from the future? Is Star Citizen out yet?"

"uh two weeks"

Colostomy Bag posted:

The MBA part in me is amazed they allocated a 10x14' (at least) office.

When they first moved in that office had a sign on the door that said "The Black Room". I don't know if this was ever explained. Perhaps they meant "black hole room". Or Sandi had designated it as the space for all their non-white employees.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
he doesn't even pull the trigger when he pews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tippis posted:

Again, that's just C++.

reinterpret_skeleton<void*>(citizen)